Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seeing Ghosts(Avengers)Moon/Lady

Steve smiled at him. "i know." he admitted to Natasha, but he knew how to handle Tony when he was like this, Tony got worse in the future and he and Pepper had often needed to tag team to work him out of it. "okay Tony." Steve chirped, kissing Tony's forehead. "take your time." he suggested. "Pepper has a migraine tonight so there won't be ay sex anyway." he admitted with a chuckle. "i know how important this project is to you." he promised Tony, giving him a lingering kiss before urging Natasha and James out the door so they could get James to bed. "you have his room set up?" he asked Natasha, knowing shed want him close and had set up one of her spare bedrooms for him.

“Kay. REst. And make sure she rests.”Tony said, for a moment thoughts of his project derailed as he considered if he should go take care of pepper, but then realized that the woman would find him annoying as he was right now. So he settled in to work as he kissed the other back.”It is. Needs a better arm, stupid hydra for using this one.”he sulked a little even as the others left. “I do. Clint finished setting it up while we came down here.”Natasha said smiling as she showed the man to the room across the hall from hers. “This is your room james.”

Steve smiled. "we will." he assured him. "have fun." he chirped, smiling at Tony before chuckling. "it's Hydra, what else where you expecting?" he asked before following Natasha up to her rooms, James blinking as he realized he got to have his ow room, how weird. he looked around, his head tilted. Clint had gone to the store and gotten as man colorful things as he could. a rainbow bedspread and a massive sky blue rug covered most of the floor. there where bright paintings all over and posters of various colorful things. James blinked, looking around before looking back at Natasha, as if confused as to what he was supposed to be doing.

“Not much. Stupid hydra.”Tony muttered much to natasha’s amusement. Looking around the room, she was pleased to see that indeed clint had gotten everything bright for the soldier, biting her lip a little. Nervous as she glanced at the other. “This is your room to sleep in...to relax. No one will come in here unless you tell us it’s okay, okay?”She smiled resting a hand on his arm, as if reassuring hherself that he was really there. “Is there anythign you need?”

James blinked, looking even more confused. sleep? relax? what about his duties and missions? "tasks?" James asked her, wondering if she just didn't need anything from him yet. that happened sometimes when they woke him up and then something happened and they had to change their plans. he looked around the room again, it was beautiful, he liked it, was it really his? "i have no requirements." he assured Natasha, his head tilted at her. she really felt very familiar, did he know her? he was pretty sure he did.

Natasha swallowed, trying to remember everything she had read. Wondering if she really was good enough to be doing this. “None at the moment. WE woke you up because it needed done, but we do not need anything.”She said, knowing he wouldn’t understand yet the real reasoning that he had been awoken. Nodding slightly he smiled. “good. I am going to sleep then. You should get some sleep to.”

James nodded, still looking baffled. "was there a medical concern?" he had been woken for that before. too much time in the ice. his heart had started to fail a little too much and they had to pull him out for a month so he wouldn't die. they couldn't let their precious tool die after all. "yes." he agreed. he was tired now that she mentioned it. where was he to sleep? the bed? was he allowed to sleep on a bed? he wasn't so sure... finally though he pulled back the covers, glancing at her to make sure it was really okay before he crawled into the bed and settled in. glancing at her again to make sure he wasn't going to get into trouble before he closed his eyes and let himself sleep. he didn't dream, he knew he wouldn't, not for another week at least. that's when the memories would start to come back.

Natasha paused for a moment before nodding. “Yes. We didn’t want it to harm you, so we woke you up some.”She said before smiling a little as he got into bed, nodding, reassuring that it was fine before leaving to get some sleep herself.

The next morning found tony, scampering into his bedroom, and poking steve in teh arm. “Steve. You have to wake up. You have to go wake up james for me.”he demanded, and while he’d slept for a bit, it hadn’t been in bed, and it showed, his hair a mess of sticking up oiled pieces, and a utter manic excitement to get things done.

he nodded. that made sense. they would put him back on ice later or find something for him to do. he settled in for sleep, luxuriating in the warm soft bed.

Steve groaned when Tony poked him and tried to snuggle deeper into the blankets he was sharing with Pepper who was chuckling as she slowly sat u and pulled Tony into a kiss before laying back down to go to sleep as Steve groaned and checked his clock. "it's five in the morning Tony. we can't wake him up, Natasha will kill us." he pointed out, even as he got out of bed. "here, lay down for a bit, i'll make breakfast." he promised, pausing when Jarvis informed him that James was already doing that. "he's awake?" yes he was, and making stuffed french toast, Bacon, sausage, Eggs Benedict, Chocolate Chip, Banana, Blueberry and Poppy Seed muffins, Cinnamon rolls, and a breakfast casserole. apparently he'd woken up and hadn't been able to go back to sleep so he started cooking for everyone's breakfast.

Tony whined when steve didn’t respond, poking him harder even as he kissed pepper back smiling a little before sulking. “So?We can wake him up. His arms done.”Tony demanded, though it was obvious he hadn’t done it himself simply because he had no desire to deal with a irate natasha woken up to early.”Fine...”He whined even as he crawled into bed before looking up startled, grinning. “Great!But I’ll wait till after breakfast to give him his arm. He’s making food.”Tony said logically smiling as he followed them into the kitchen."morning James."

Steve groaned and slowly sat up, pausing to kiss Pepper before following Tony out of the room with a sigh. he'd been hoping to sleep at least until six. oh well. "already? i thought it would take you two days at the least." he admitted, looking a little startled. "i really have to stop underestimating you." he admitted with a smile and a shake of his head. "he is making food." he agreed. "and we have to be quiet in Nat's rooms i don't want to die." he ordered with a smile before grinning at James, who blinked at them. "Good morning." he finally said. "breakfast isn't done yet." he admitted. "i am sorry." "nothing to be sorry for." Steve assured the man. "we're not normally up this early. Tony just finished your new arm and was excited." "what is wrong with the one i have?" "dysfunctional." James just nodded.

“...would have. Didn’t sleep though. And Jarvis and Bruce both helped me figure out the neuroscience to it and what to do the best. Not having to do all the math myself helped.”Tony hummed pleased, though Bruce would definitely not be happy at having been woken up at 2 in the morning simply because tony was so overly excited. “,...I can be quiet. Why do you make it sound like you don’t thinkI can?”He pouted making a face. “It’s okay. I just wanted to give you your arm soon.”Tony said smiling at the other before whining. “It’s horrible!Really. You need a new one.” “....Did you even sleep?”Natasha said frowning at the other as she slouched into the room.

he chuckled, wondering how much Bruce had liked that. then again, Bruce slept about as much as Tony did so the scientist was probably awake anyway. "because your you." he admitted with a smile. "i don't think you could ever be honestly silent." he admitted with a chuckle. "oh. okay." James agreed, looking at his arm, a little confused. it looked okay to him. then again he wasn't sure how ti worked so what did he know? "no he didn't. sorry for waking you... Tony did it." Steve informed her, unashamedly hiding behind the genius because he knew Natasha wouldn't kill him because it would upset Pepper. "i made breakfast!" James informed her, looking delighted to see her awake before his face fell. "it's not done yet, i'm sorry...."

“I can to. I’m good at being silent.”Tony sulked a little rolling his eyes, “It’s horrible tech, you’ll like the new arm better. Its part of why we woke you up, so we could get the upgrade in.”Tony said, well at least he was aware of some of the problems the man would be having at wondering why he had been woken if they had no task for him. So he was giving a good reason. “....You are shameless captain.”Natasha said rolling her eyes a little, smiling tiredly. “Good. And don’t look so upset. I’m not awake enough to eat yet. Just make coffee would you?”

Steve smirked. "then why aren't you?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow before blinking. oh, Tony was a genius! now James wouldn't think too much about needing a task! "upgrade..." James uttered, searching his brain for that word. "Elaborate?" he asked, making Steve blink. what? "oh! to upgrade means to replace or improve with a more advanced version." he explained, making James blink and then nod. made sense. "yes. i am shameless." Steve agreed. "but it worked, so i don't care." he admitted with a grin, watching James make a pot of Coffee, sulking because James knew how to work the Espresso machines. he didn't know how to do that. so wasn't fair. "here." James said, handing her the strongest coffee he could. Russians, he had found, could be very, very serious about their Coffee and tea.

“Cause you like listening to me talking.”Tony sniffed with a smirk, before smiling slightly. “You’re arm was medically causing problems to your missions. We wanted to give you better equipment to work with.”Tony said smiling slightly. “...No it didn’t. I’m just to tired to kill you yet.”Natasha muttered snickering.”Don’t sulk. You can do other things he can’t.”She pointed out, smiling.”Thanks.”Natasha said sipping the coffee smirking as tony took a cup of coffee to. “...Now this, this is real coffee. Perfect coffee. Heaven sent.”Tony praised happily.

Steve grinned. "well. yes that's true." he agreed with a smile, he was pretty sure when Natasha was more awake they where all going to pay for this. "yes." James agreed. "it fails at most inopportune moments." he admitted. "do you want me to kill them?" he asked Natasha, wondering if she was too tired or too lay to do it herself. "that's true." Steve agreed with a smile as he accepted a cup of coffee so thick it reminded him of service in the military. "Jarvis says you have Coffee." Bruce mumbled as he shuffled in, smiling at James when he was handed a cup. "thank you James. i need to look at James arm. Jarvis said it was attached oddly. i want to make sure we won't cause ore damage trying to remove it." he admitted. "i can remove it." "without hurting yourself?" "i can remove my arm without causing damages to my physical being." he assured Bruce before beaming at Tony's praises of his french press espresso.

“Natasha smiled at james, shaking her head.”No. I don’t want to really kill them. They’re just annoyances that woke me up at the moment.”Natasha smiled a little. “We do have coffee. Amazing awesome coffee.”Tony grinned before growing serious. “Are you sure?”Tony asked worried about pulling the arm off, wondering if the man was had a different ideal of harm done to himself then they did.

James pondered that and then. "do you want me to maim them?" he asked, his head tilted. "this is good coffee." Bruce agreed. "James is our Coffee man from now on." he mumbled with a smile. "i am sure." James admitted, reaching behind his shoulder. there where several clicking noises, he winced and with a sound like an air pressure valve releasing, the arm detached. he removed it and offered it to Tony. "no damage." he assured the other. "little pain." he admitted. "well let me look." Bruce ordered, blinking when he was offered the mechanical arm. "no. your socket." "oh..." James paused and then turned away from Bruce and finished up breakfast and served them all before sitting down and letting Bruce examine the stump that was left of Bucky's arm. the end of the stump had a metal cap that had a good dozen insert ports that allowed the arm to attach, it was really rather ingenious. the base of the arm attached tot he stump and the shoulder of the arm applied a heavy suction to keep it in place. then the stump could work the arm from the inside.. it was painful though, and heavy, and his entire shoulder was a mass of bruises from the suction and the weight. Tony's was much, much better. "yes. this should function just fine with Tony's designs. although we might have to remove the end cap." he admitted, examining the end of the stump. "removing the end cap will cause damages to my physical person." "i know." Bruce admitted. "we would operate to minimize damages." "acceptable." James agreed before feeding himself a bit of bacon when Steve shoved a plate full of food at him. an order to eat, James knew.

“No, don’t maim them. Though you have permission to spar with them should you wish.”Natasha said smiling slightly. “Agreed.”Tony grinned as he downed his coffee, before getting another glass. This was amazing, wincing at the sounds he whined softly, that was truly a weird odd sound to hear it removed. “Good. That’s good.”Tony said eyes widened a little as he looked at the arm, eating, and studying the port. Looking pleased to see that it was rather ingenious, even if it was still primitive. “They’re better then I thought they were.”Tony mused shuddering at how it was attatched. “We’re going to have to. While it was made to go with that end cap, I have a better achoring section then the suction, it’ll be easier and less painful.”He said smiling slightly as he ate, smiling at pepper, leaning up for a kiss. “Feeling better today?”He muttered wrapping a arm around her, worried about his girl.

James blinked and then shrugged. if she wanted to test his physical capabilities he was more than willing. there was nowhere to spar in there though so he assumed she wanted him to do it later. he glared when Tony moved to get Coffee and slapped his fingers with the flesh hand. he knew better than to hit people with the metal one. he scowled at Tony again and then set about making more coffee, Steve snickering at poor Tony. "i think he's possessive of his cooking space." Steve admitted, amused. James was the same way at home and during the war. no one touched the cooking stuff but him. even when he was sick that one time and Steve made soup for him. granted. Steve did set the kitchen on fire.... "rather ingenious considering the technology they where working with at the time." Bruce agreed. "i'll remove it tonight then. we'll have to give him a few days to recover though." he admitted before smiling shyly at Pepper who chuckled and kissed Tony. "much better." she admitted. "good morning James." "Good morning." James said, handing her a plate. "oh this looks wonderful thank you!"

Tony yelped whining as he looked at the former assassin with wide eyes as his fingers were smacked,stepping away and letting james get him ,more coffee.”I just got smacked...”He whimpered as he sat down, biting his lip. “that’s true. Doesn’t make me happy to know that they used it though. It’s still horrible tech.”Tony sulked a little before smiling at pepper, “Good.”he muttered nuzzling her a little before starting to eat again. “You need any help today?With work?”Tony muttered smiling at pepper, willing to help since he was in such a good mood over the new tech.

Pepper chuckled as she watched Tony get smacked. "i smack you all the time." she pointed out. "well, yes it is horrible tech by today's standards." Bruce admitted. "i don't think they ever bothered to update the arm at all. i don't think they even realized hos... inefficient it was." Bruce admitted, glancing at James, he didn't want the other to think they where tricking him or anything, even if they kind of where. "no actually." Pepper admitted. "for once in my life, i'm all caught up." she admitted. "Loki's amazing!" she admitted. "or his magic is, i'm not sure which." she admitted, looking highly amused. "i never realized just how impressive he really is." she admitted. "and that cloning thing he does... it's probably how he gets so much done. i barely have to work! he does everything, and he enjoys it too!" she admitted with a grin. "all i have to do is look through a few contracts and sign a few things here and there and he does everything else." she said, quite pleased with her decision to let Loki be her P.A.

“So?When you do it, it’s foreplay.”Tony sulked a little. “It is quite inefficient.”Tony said not going on more, dropping it for now, cause he didn’t want to make james think on this to hard. “really?We should go on a date then.Loki is quite impressive, even more so when he allows me to steal my girlfriend away for the day.”Tony said sounding utterly pleased at the idea.

Pepper snickered and Steve looked confused. "getting smacked is foreplay?" "oh Steve, sweetie, we have so much to teach you." Pepper admitted with a chuckle and a shake of her head. "oh yes! a date would be lovely." she agreed. "we'll have to pick a restaurant that's a little more lax on the rules though, we don't want Steve getting kicked out." she admitted with a grin when Steve sulked. "i'm not that bad! i did perfectly well on our practice dinner." "yes. but my favorite restaurant is too strict." she admitted. "you did very well but you still do some bad habits that would get us kicked out." she admitted, amused when Steve sulked. "fine. we have to go to that riverside restaurant then, the one with the live Jazz band."

Back
Top Bottom