Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Extinction {1x1 with DarkMudkip}

Sasuke stopped breathing, thinking it was the ghost of the clone coming to talk to him again. Hi heart began to pound and he shut his eyes tight, chanting "he isn't real, he isn't real" under his breath.

A very real, very warm hand wrapped around Sasuke's wrist, the iv needles being easily pulled from his arm before he was jerked up into a sitting position, before dragged to his feet. A figure helped Sasuke stand, covered in a black cloak, the person stood a foot and a half shorter than Sasuke, but was clearly bigger than the small boy who had died. Leading Sasuke over to one of the open vent shafts, the person pushed Sasuke inside, urging him forward.

"Wh-What's going on?" He asked but did not deny the window of freedom given to him. He crawled in quickly and moved through the shaft, heart pounding even harder.

"Shh, you're being too loud...!" The person hissed in a whisper, crawling into the vent after Sasuke and closing the grate. "Just keep crawling another ten meters then turn left." It was obviously a child, the voice sounding young, and clearly a young lady at that.

She instructed Sasuke through a maze of twists and turns through the air ducts, finally reaching outside. Once they dropped down into an unfamiliar alleyway, she took his hand again, leading him through the streets for a good while - a little over a mile - before she stopped at a fire escape. Pulling down the latter, she urged Sasuke to climb up, looking around with wide, big brown eyes.

Once up the latter, Sasuke tumbled in through the window on the top floor, landing not on a hard floor, but a pile of soft pillows. Inside was unlike anything he had ever seen: the floor, walls, and even ceiling littered with shiny, reflective, or brightly colored objects. Broken glass had been fashioned into wind chimes and even lay in small piles on shelves and in jars, bottle caps and broken bottles scattered about the room, even crystals and whole bottles still full of liquid sat laying around the large room. Pillows and down feathers scattered the floors as well as blankets, making the entire floor some sort of massive bed one could plop down and sleep anywhere. Of course, there were four small alcoves carved into the walls one could sleep in.
A soft thump sounded behind Sasuke and the child closed the window quickly, flopping down onto her back with a heavy sigh of relief. "Thank the gods that's over." She muttered, her face clearly visible in the light now. She had a round face, a small button nose, and pale skin with freckles absolutely covering every inch of skin. Wild ginger colored hair poked out from under her hood, as well as copper and reddish colored feathers.

The girl sat up, swatting off her hood and shaking the raindrops off of herself, letting out a soft breath. "My names Ginger." She stood up, moving over to the small looking kitchen in the corner. "I thought it'd be a little obvious - because, you know, the hair? - anyway you don't have to freak, we're out of Toyotomi's territory." She filled a kettle with water and put it on the stove. "You're safe now, so rest off the meds, ok?"

Ginger paused, looking up from the teapot, making a face. "Clone?" She cocked her head, her rust colored feathers fluffing. "No? I don't think so?" She shook her head. "I don't think so." She said, rummaging through the cupboards for something to eat. "Are you a clone?"

Ginger looked rather bothered by Sasuke's words, but continued to pull together some snacks to munch on. "Your wings..." She noted, staring at Sasuke's clipped feathers.

Ginger moved over, her footfalls quieted by the cushions beneath her feet, crouching beside Sasuke to get a better look at his feathers. "Jeez..." She muttered softly.

She made a noise and moved back to the kitchen. "You should sleep for now, you're safe in here."

Ginger made a soft noise, a slight smile making her round cheeks even more full. "Okay." She moved over to the far cupboard, pulling down a jar full of pickled fish and vegetables, moving over and opening it for Sasuke.

He dipped his clawed fingers in delicately and pulled a fish out between them, swallowing it down whole before taking another and a vegetable or two. "Thank you.." He muttered hesitantly.

Ginger fished out her own snack, munching on a pickled pepper with a nod before pulling out a fish. "No problem, we're birds of a feather, so I figured it'd be worth it if I got caught pulling you out."

She offered him her half eaten fish. "C'mon, don't say those things, Tokugawa-dana says every life is precious." She said, fluffing up her feathers again. "Even artificially made life."

Back
Top Bottom