Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Extinction {1x1 with DarkMudkip}

"You don't sound like you like him." She commented. "Is he an enemy?" She asked, looking down at the jar, looking a little tired herself.

"He's the best." She said, laying back on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. "When he has time, he teaches me how to read and write, though it's still kinda hard with my nails and feathers." She held up her hand, wiggling her thin, clawed fingers. "But I'm really good on computers, they're fun." She smiled happily, rolling onto her stomach to look at Sasuke. "Sorry... I should let you sleep."

Ginger's eyes lit up, happy to have someone to talk to, snuggling down into the pillows and continuing on about computers. Eventually Ginger dozed off, head resting on her hand, sprawled out just arms length away from Sasuke; though one had to admit, they had many facial similarities and were both lanky, Ginger still had a bit of baby fat on her. In the morning, the soft drizzle of rain on the tin roof above them woke Sasuke, the skies dark with rain, but Ginger had wormed closer to Sasuke in the night, holding his hand gently, as though if she weren't careful enough, it'd break. She breathed lightly, drool dripping from her mouth as she slept, hair a royal mess.

Sasuke gently pulled his hand away, looking at her cautiously. In a flash, she turned into the dead clone from his stay in the labs and he squawked loudly in terror, scrambling away into the closest wall.

Ginger woke with a start, every feather fluffed up to the max, eyes wide, and on her feet in a second. "Wh-What's going on..?!" She squeaked, looking like she was ready to fight.

Ginger stood stock still, eyes glued to Sasuke - maybe he didn't hear her? Looking around she quickly deducted there was no threat, and he probably had a nightmare. "Are you ok?"

Ginger's feathers slowly laid flat, her wide pupils returning to normal as she let out a soft sigh. "Ok... Um, do you want me to see what I can scrounge up for food or do you wanna sleep more..?"

She shook her head, visibly relaxing and heading for the kitchen. "Not at all, I'm actually really happy you didn't bolt during the night. It gets really quiet here, and Tokugawa-dana isn't always free to hang out."

She grinned at him, peeking over the counter top at him. "That's because no one comes out here. The whole lot is abandoned." She said.

"A couple years now." She called over her shoulder, setting up a pot of water on the stovetop, cutting up some vegetables. "It's pretty safe, the only things that come through here are the occasional junkie or stray dogs." She plopped the chopped up carrots and potatoes into the water, cutting up celery and some peppers.

She slowed down while chopping the cabbage, making a soft noise. "Not really, like I said, almost no one comes out here." She said, resuming cooking.

"I see...I have a friend out somewhere, but...she's probably forgotten about me by now..." He said, playing with one of his talons, "That's fine, though...I still have dana..."

Ginger made a face, moving away from the pot to let it boil, sitting down on the floor. "Why would she forget you?" She said curiously.

"Oh." She sounded awkward, a sad look on her face. "I'm really sorry, Sasuke." She said, looking down, her voice soft.

Back
Top Bottom