Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

"I'm going to hold you to that promise." Noah smiled and continued to eat while Lily explained how tough it would be. Tough was good. He could live with tough. He would be able to deal with it. Could handle anything they threw at him. "If it will help keep you safe, then you know I'm going to do it."

Noah finished his omelet and juice quickly. He held out his hand to Lily so that they could walk to the library together. It seemed to be longer than he ever remembered it being, but their footfalls soon found them outside the library. "Perhaps it would be better if you waited out here, Lily." He suggested. "It might be easier for you."

Gloria appeared in the entrance to the Library "don't worry Noah I have already called Liam to come sit with her." She smiled "whenever your ready"

Lily turned to him hugging him tight "I am going to ask you one more time not to do this don't risk it." She pleaded softly

"You know I have to, Lily. It's going to be okay." Noah hugged her back and planted a kiss on her forehead before straightening and turning to face Gloria. He was a few inches taller than she was, but did not radiate power in anyway similar to what she could do. "I'm ready when you are, Councilwoman Gloria." Noah cast one look back at Lily before stepping into the library to see just what it was that the fates had in store for him.

Gloria looked at both them before taking Noah's hand and they disappeared. They appeared again in a room that was pretty bare. It had only a table with a potion on it and a bed. The strange thing was there no door. "When your ready drink that. As you can see there is no door to this room. There are only two ways out, one you use your magic to get yourself out, two you die and we have to get you. Living or dying all depends on you, you have to be strong, the strong you are the easier this will go. For your magic to be full awaken it can take, hours, days, weeks, months that is all up to you. Once your magic is awaken your free to go home to Lillian. Do you understand, do you have any questions"

Noah looked between Gloria and the potion that was waiting for him. It did not seem overly sinister, but looks could be deceiving. With a final glance at Gloria, he gave his head a shake. "No questions, things are pretty straight forward with everything." He watched her for a moment and waited for her to take her leave from the room before walking over to the potion. He walked around the small table that it was sitting on and examined it from every angle before picking it up and walking back to the the bed. He glanced over it once more before sitting down. Without hesitation, he brought the potion up and downed it in one go. He had a moment to sit the potion down before it hit him and he was forced to lay back on the bed before passing out.

Gloria nodded "alright good luck" and with that she was gone leaving Noah in the room alone.

Lily was pacing back and forth in the library when Liam showed up. He tried to settle his niece down but it didn't seem to work. He did the only thing and Irishman could do was to pull out the bottle of whiskey and fgive her a big glass of it.

(I'm just going to run with it for the test)

Later, Noah would not be able describe the feeling of the testing. It was as if he were being pulled in every direction at one time. Each fiber of his being was being ripped apart. At the same time, it felt as if he were being squeezed and compressed. Time seemed to slow to a stop as his mind was forced out and away from himself. It was like something was being ripped from him. Was that his magic?

Noah focused his mind and felt the feelings of stretching and compression lesson as he attempted to reign in what he was feeling.

(Ok I figured you would run with it :) )

Lily sipped her whiskey and watched the clock tick by finally she looked at Liam. "How long is this going to take, he shouldn't be gone this long he should be back"

"Lily you know these things take time, he will be back soon he is a strong one" Liam explained pouring his niece more whiskey

It was a difficult task, but little by little, Noah was able to reclaim what had been taken from him. With each bit of magic that he was able to reclaim, it was if something else came with it. A collected knowledge and skill that he had not had before. The magic was all a part of him. Something that he was intimately familiar with, but the knowledge and skill were new.

Slowly, bit by bit, he pulled until he could pull no more and it was just him left in the emptiness of the world that he found himself in. That was when he had to focus on the new. It was as if each skill that he learned had to be taught, learned, and practiced. Time seemed to stop as he was lost in a world of learning and pain.

Whatever it was that was showing him his abilities did not look kindly upon failure.

Liam had succeed in his quest he got Lily to relax however he did so by getting her drunk and her passing out. He moved her to the couch in the library and let her sleep it off. It was still knew for him to think his niece was a grown woman and clearly in love with this.

To Lily, it was as if only hours would have passed. No noise or any indication that Noah was still in the house came from the library. All was silent. All was still. For Noah, he could not even begin to express how long he had been here. Time had really stopped having any meaning for him what so ever.

Then suddenly... something changed and his awareness moved from purely mental to physical. He could feel his body again. Feel the couch pressing into him, feel the cold chill on the air and feel the cramp of his muscles. Then, there was a drop in his stomach as he plummeted downward. As he moved, the feeling of pressure around him grew and grew until it was squeezing him on all sides.

Then...

Nothing as his... spirit re-entered his body.

In the library, the change of pressure and sudden displacement of air created an ear shattering crack. A shockwave of pressure radiated outward from his body. Furniture was upturned, the glass fixtures were either shattered or cracked and several books had been knocked to the floor with pages scattered about. Slowly, Noah began to come back into consciousness.

Liam was sitting reading a book, holding his whiskey glass in one hand, suddenly it sounded like a gun shot went off near his ear. His glass shattered and he stood up looking for the source of the sound.

Lily who was sound a sleep was suddenly a wake and standing as well looking at Liam who was just as confused as she was. However her eyes then fell to Noah she couldn't believe it. There he was just sitting on the couch like he had been there the whole time. "Noah?" As all she could seem to say.

It felt almost strange that he was back in his own body, but as he tried to focus on the experience he had just lived through, he felt the memory of it slipping away from him. The knowledge gained remained and he could recall it as if he had learned it since he was a child. The timeless expanse though slipped piece by piece from his mind. When he heard his own name, Noah smiled and turned to look at the source of the noise.

"Lily." Noah greeted softly. His voice sounded gravely as if it had not been used in a while." He swallowed a bit. "Looks like I made it back." He smiled and made to stand up so he could move to her, but he collapsed back onto the couch. Neither of his legs were working and he could feel pinpricks over his lower half as things woke up after the down time. "Have..." He cleared his throat. "Have you been waiting long?"

She wanted to rush right to him and hug him close however he collapsed. She ran to his side checking him from head to toe, "are you alright, what happen to you." She had concern in her eyes as she looked at him, she then hugged him tight.

Liam went got him a bottle of water. "Here Noah drink this your probably tweed it" he handed to him

"I'm alright." He said as she came near him. The concern was evident in her eyes. How long had he been gone? It felt like forever. "I'm okay. My legs. They're asleep. I'll be okay in a minute. I promise." He returned her hug and stole a light kiss at the corner of the mouth before Liam reappeared with the water. Noah had finished half of it before he put it aside and thanked him.

"I don't really remember what happened. I mean." He paused for a moment. "I have the memory of everything I learned while I was gone, but not the how or with who."

There had definitely been someone else there, but whomever it was he could not say. "Was I gone long?" He asked again.

"No I am surprised you were only gone about 6 hours faster than I though" Liam explained.

"Maybe I should take you upstairs to rest." Right now lily's only concern was to make sure he was ok. She didn't want him to be hurt or in pain.

"Lily he is fine look at him he strong. So Noah do you feel more magical." Liam asked with a smile

There was a shake of his head. "No, I'm not any more or less magical than I was before." Noah disagreed. "I feel the exact same, but I'm... more in tune with it now." Noah glanced around the room and took in all the damage that he had caused on his return. He was able to call up a memory of the room before it had been thrown into chaos. Around him, the tables straightened themselves. The books rearranged themselves and any torn pages returned to their rightful places. "I know so much more now and can see things so much clearer." He smiled and around them, everything stilled. Noah took Lily's hand and gave it a squeeze. "There's no getting rid of me now."

Liam was taken back a moment "good for you Noah your truly one of us now" he laughed "since you seem to have everything under control I am going home." With that Liam simply left

Once Liam was gone Lily smiled and then kissed Noah deeply and passionately. It was a few long moments until she finally broke the kiss. "I am so glad I won't be getting rid of you." She giggled and looking around the room agin "your magic is strong just like you."

Noah nodded to Liam and watched him leave. Idly, he wondered where Gloria might have gotten off to. He had yet to see her and he could not feel her near him just now. Perhaps she had gone.

That had completely left his mind when Lily pressed her lips and body against his. All thoughts of Gloria and Liam were gone. "I've got it under control now." He smiled. "It's funny. Now that I'm aware of it all, I can see where I've been using it all my life. Small things really. During my show, a motorcycle wreck, some unnatural luck." He shrugged and continued to hold onto Lily. Everything felt right again. "Tomorrow, we need to finish dealing with the Council and view where they tried to break in. It might help us in our search."

Lily smiled "magic is a part of you now that is awake in you fully it will come as natural as breathing and you recognize it. I am not surprised that you used magic in the past without realizing it but atleast now you can" she stopped smiling however when he said they needed to go to the archive tomorrow she had not been there since her parents were killed there. She knew they had to but she still didn't want to. She didn't say anything about it however she just simply changed the subject "why don't I cook you something for dinner I am sure your hungry"

Noah gave a shake of his head. He assumed her non-answer was an agreement to take care of it tomorrow. It would be tough. Tougher than he knew for her to face her past. That much he was certain. When she offered to cook, he smiled and held her tighter. "I don't know if I want to get up." He ran his fingers along her back. "I'm comfortable here..." His stomach growled, "On the other hand, I can eat. Besides, you promised to eat with me after my trial."

Lily was in agreement with him that she was comfortable too. She thought it over a moment. "I could just order us a pizza that way we don't have to move until the pizza gets here" she smiled she loved to cook, and she loved to cook for him, but she loved sitting here in his arms more. She leaned into him a bit more kissing him softly on the neck trying to get him go with the pizza idea.

Noah nodded even if she couldn't see him. "Pizza and beer sounds wonderful. I think a good night of relaxing will do us a bit of good." Noah shifted a bit on the couch and moved so that she was laying on top of him. "I don't know how long I was gone, but I do know that I missed you immensely. That's what brought me back. All I could think about was coming back here. Back to you." He smiled. "Now, for something important... what kind of pizza should we get?"

"You were gone long enough to have me so worried my uncle felt the need to get me so drunk I would pass out" she laughed. As he shifted she snuggled against his chest. "Hmm I don't know as long as it a thin crust pizza I am not picky on toppings"

"Well, at least it went by quickly." Noah joked a bit before pulling his phone from his pocket. He could order the pizza that way. He clicked on it a few times before sitting it down. "About forty minutes until it arrives." Noah placed his hands back on her hips and slid them down to her butt. "Think we can find a way to pass the time?"

Back
Top Bottom