Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An amazing Adventure (silverknight and the creator)

"Yes.... This is Xavier. Marvin spoke to me about him. I saw Sean heading home with a loaded cart of things." Bessie spoke with a smile.

"Welcome to our dinner table, Xavier. I am sure that Sean will soon be here. Dinner will be ready shortly." Mystique spoke calmly as she placed some food on the table.
"My name is Princess Mystique and this is Prince Edward. The young Elf warrior is Aeris."

"I am back." Sean spoke as he came in from the garage. He paused as he noticed a man standing a bit too close to Bessie. He placed his hands on his hips as he frowns.
"Hello.....?"

"Sir Xavier," Edward commented as he looked over towards the door, he knew the man decently well, as he had meet him once or twice before, during his travels with Marvin. Aeris hugged the man who was like a uncle in some ways to her, as he was like a brother to Marvin who very much was like her father. "Hi, uncle Xanny," Aeris commented as she looked at the mage then the others. "Xavier here, and Marvin go a long ways back, he helped me a lot a dozen or so times, when I was still a little girl."

"Yep, and you have grown a lot sense those days, A, you are now a beautiful woman, and I am sure a deadly one too," Xavier said before looking in on the Prince, "it is good to see you again, your highness," he said pausing before bowing for the princess, "Princess Mystique, it is a great honor, I once had the honor of meeting your parents, I am sorry for your loss, it is a loss for all of us when they fell into illness when they did. I suppose that Sir Marvin is away still, most likely keeping to himself and away from everyone as normal."

"I see that you have found some bargains, Sean. Anything interesting?" Bessie asked with a smile.

"Just some jewelry tools and a secret item for a later use. May I store a few things in your wagon, Princess?" Sean asked.

"Of course. Bessie will show you place to them. But let us sit down to eat before the food gets cold." Mystique spoke firmly."Xavier, you may sit next to Bessie who will sit next to Aeris then Sean, Marvin if he shows up an then Edward and I. I think that will be fine...... Is everything on the table on the table, dear?"

Aeris looked over at the number of things that Sean had gotten when he was out, the blonde elf was amazed, at the amount of stuff, she figured it would be just a couple of small things, but it was really quite impressive. She looked on with admiration in her eyes as she looked at Sean for a good moment or two as she finally noticed it. She blinked and then worked her way over to the table. Finding her seat as he looked around giving everyone a smile as he looked at Sean before giving him a small kiss on his cheek as he then looked at the food and digging into it and enjoying the taste of the fish.

"It is very good, I see you are as good of a good as I was told, your highness," Xavier said as he took a bite of food nodding as he smiled a bit. "Thank you for the meal, it is most kind of you all to share you bountiful food with me," he said respectfully towards the others.

"Well it isn't a problem, I don't think Marvin will be back tonight most likely, he will be in the morning, he always spends time by himself when he is here. I think it is cause this was his home before he lost his parents," Edward informed the others, and both Aeris and Xavier nodded in agreement with the prince as well. "Now, I am glad you like it, it came out very well, thanks to my assistant the beautiful princess."

"Oh Edward..." Mystique blushed as she took a bite.
"I only followed the chef's orders is all. It is good."

Sean put his arm around Aeris' waist and kissed her. He looked into her lovely eyes with a warm smile.

Runi was sniffing around and saw that it was meal time. He slid under the table to wait for scraps of foo to drop onto the floor.

"Tell me about your work Xavier. Do you travel very much and what do you do?" Mystique asked trying to remember their guest.
"I'd love to hear about this town, what you have done, any story of any type."

Bessie smiled as she sat next to Xavier. She felt like she was more of an adult than ever before plus she wanted to know more about Xavier and about Marvin.
"I'd like to hear your stories as well, Xavier. And about Marvin. He is always so smart and knowledgeable. He is such a loner as well....."
Bessie picked at her fish but ate everything else on her plate.

Sean was in deep thoughts of his own at the moment and very deep they were too.

"Well, I am sure in time you will be the one giving me orders on what to make and all," he said with a smile being kind as he knew that when it was over that they would have time to teach each other new things and he would teacher her how to cook along the way. He was happy to be around her and be with her. He was glad that he got this time with her and their friends all together like this. He knew that this was special and amazing and he knew to enjoy each moment that was possible.

Aeris smiled as she looked at Sean noticing that he was in deep thought, she let him stay in that state as she ate quickly her small share before leaning over and resting her head against his shoulder as she listened to everyone else.

"Well, I travel a great deal, from town to town, as I help people where I am needed, I mostly just cure illnesses and help people with any advice they might need. I am a white mage so, I have master the art of healing magic, I can heal pretty much anything, well in reason," he said with a warm smile as he looked at the group around himself. "I meet Marvin when we were both teens, we both come from noble familes of this area, we worked together in the academy him a bit older then myself. He left the army after the death of his parents, he has been a loner pretty much sense then. I myself never joined, I just decided to help the church and help people with their illnesses and keep people in good health, so I can't say the details, but he was a bit of a loner before. I guess growing up with lots of responsibilities caused him to isolate himself."

Sean ate and only half listened to the conversation. His mind was on his tools and working with the jewelry, the patterns and what could he one day be able to do.

Mystique smiled up at Edward as she gazed into his eyes, she saw love shining in them. She was so very glad to have met him even though it was in dire situation.

Runi pawed at a pair of strange shoes to see what would happen. Perhaps he would get some kind of food from this new person.

Bessie smile as she slowly ate. She was mesmerized by Xavier's voice and story.
"He never married? I mean Marvin. I thought that maybe he was in love once perhaps and something bad happened. He is so quiet and so..... wise and... worldly. I bet he has seen a lot of things and done many things. But so have you Xavier. You use your skills to help people a lot like Marvin but in a different way. You must be really smart too. Perhaps as wise as Marvin even."

Mystique looked at Bessie and gave Edward a side look to say that she noticed Bessie liked Xavier quite a bit. Hopefully not too much.. just in case like. She did not like seeing Bessie getting hurt.

Marvin took a bit of food and put it under the table seeming to drop it but not bothering to pick up the bit of fish that fell right in front of Runi as he looked at the others. He could tell they were a interesting group, and they had their own ambitious and aims. He looked over to Bessie and blinked, "I am not sure, it is possible, that he did at some point fall in love with someone, but if he did, he never told anyone about it. He isn't the type to share information about himself or his past, but he hasn't had a girl that he had that I ever meet at least," he said somewhat correcting himself but at the same time explaining the situation with his friend better. He couldn't ever quite understand the older male a hundred percent, there were naturally a lot of mysterious things about him. "I think that I am very blessed to be here though with such wonderful and amazing food and kind people all around, thank you for your kindness," he said kindly as he looked at the people around him. "Princess, I have a book that might have more information about the items you are looking for, it is right here," he said as he reached in and pulled out a old leather bound book and handed it to the princess. "It is the list of ancient mysterious items and a tracking of them my scholars around 100 years ago. I think it might be able to help you."

Runi greedily ate the tidbits as his tail wagged happily.

Bessie spoke up
"Marvin is a smart man and he always been kind to me."

"Yes, he is. He is very smart and I'd bet all of my money on Marvin if he got into a fight plus it does not matter who it is that is fighting him." Sean added as he ate s bit of food.

"Are you sure that you want to let me have this book? After all it is so old.... How about I just make a copy of it and you can take the book back." Princess Mystique spoke as she carefully took the book.
"May I?"she asked as she carefully opened the book. It had a list of many artifacts and other items.

"Yes, Marvin is the best, or one of the best, though, he is easily the best for a Cyclops like him," Edward commented knowing that normally one eyed warriors lost something as far as warriors when they lost part of their vision, but Marvin somehow didn't lose anything. "I think that it in his nature, he always has been so kind to me, but always so very distant from anyone, don't you agree, Xavier?"

"Yes, he is distant, other then a few people, he only talks to people on a professional level, and then he is all about business. I think that life hasn't been so easy for him, and challenges are easily overcome for him in such a way, who knows though, if someone wanted to figure him out, it would take them a while I think," Xavier commented in agreement with the prince as he then looked at the princess. "I don't need that book, I got it from a used book seller to give to you if I saw you or Marvin or the prince. I figured that it would do one of you far more good then it would do me, plus, I read it, so I know it decently well and well enough to know it isn't really my business to know those things I guess."

Sean smiled as he finished his meal and Bessie's mind began to wander.
Mystique was scanning her new book.

"What brings you here besides the fact that my sister happen to find you and you had a book for the Princess? I am just wondering if there was more hidden in the back of your mind is all." Sean's attitude happen to change slightly for he had noticed that Bessie was sitting quite close to Xavier and kept glancing at him more frequently than he was comfortable with. After all he still needed to protect Bessie even though she was a grown female for she was a bit slow most of the time.

"Sean!" Bessie protested as she blushed to a deep red.
"He has been a perfect gentleman to me. Don't go interrogating a friend of mine."

"I am sure that there is no hidden agenda on Xavier's mind and Bessie is much smarter than you give her credit for, Sean. Don't be so overly protective of her. Marvin approves of Xavier and he has spoke to Bessie of him on various occasions." Mystique spoke very firmly as she stared at Sean and his line of questioning.

"Xavier does not know the background of Bessie and I don't know Xavier very well. I am her brother an need to keep an eye on her, Princess." Sean spoke firmly as Bessie got up and ran out of the house.

"I will go to her."Princess Mystique spoke sharply as she too stood up to leave.
"You don't know everything about your sister. Please excuse me, Xavier, Aeris and Edward."

Sean sat there stunned for that was not normal for his calm Princess.

"I am here cause she asked me to be here, and I help people," Xavier explained after the princess left, "I owe favors to both Mystique's parents, to Marvin, to Prince Edward, and I figure by helping your all, I would be able to repay those favors that I owe. Plus you have a noble cause, the man you are dealing with is the worse of the worse, a man who is in need of some justice brought to his door," he explained as he looked at her, "your sister was harmed by him, I am guessing, actually, she is still a good young woman, worthy of helping out however I might be able to do so," he explained calmly as he leaned forward putting his elbows on the table as he looked over towards Sean.

"Sean um, why don't we leave them all alone for the moment, I think that Mystique can handle your sister this one time, why don't we go work on the jewelry that you got the stuff for, I really want to work with you and spend time with you, cutie," she said moving closer to him as she put her arm around his arm pulling herself closer, she was done with her part of the meal and working on the jewelry was a great way to spend time with Sean and get him away from this situation at the moment. "I will um need you to carry me to the room to work on this though."

Edward, remained quiet as he gathered up the left over food and started to put it away, he quietly let the others deal with their issues. He knew that to grow one had to face issues that were in ones life. He figured this was just one of those times for his friends. He then started to wash up a fair bit of the plate, knowing that they were not his thus it was best to leave the place as nice as possible. He knew that the situation was in flux, and that people were coming in, but he knew things were going to be better for such a situation.

Bessie was walking along the beach with tears streaming down her face. She was very upset and angry at her brother.

Mystique was not able to catch up with her but knew that when Bessie was upset, she would walk aimlessly until she actually broke down and cried. That would be when she would collapse in a heap.

"Aeris, my dearest, please let me handle this. I don't want Bessie hurting again because of a man. And yes I am suspicious of him for I do not know him. Now that you, Edward and Princess know of him as well as Marvin, I will have to trust your opinions. I am uneasy about all of this.

I know that Mystique can handle Bessie, she has one so quite a few times." Sean spoke as he ran his hand through his hair as he sighed. He should have talked more with Bessie and Mystique.

"Sean, if you are so worried about your sister go out and look for her, and go talk with her, I know this is what she wants, and needs from her big brother. If I had a sibling, I would want to talk to them and want them to reason with me, or at least maybe you can get to understand where each of you are coming from better," she said firmly as she looked at him. She was very much into the young man, but that didn't let her from showing her commanding side, and the fact that she was pretty tough and determined as well. She knew that it would be important for the two to figure things out and work them out as well. "Now go help the princess, what if something happened to the princess while she was looking for Bessie or Bessie."

"Bessie and I are no longer close, Aeris. We have drifted apart since that villain put her and Princess in seclusion. I have tried to bring back our bond. She seems to love and hate me. I just don't understand it. She is closer to the Princess now. I guess I should hide my protectiveness. I failed once and now it is hard for her to accept my protection once more." Sean spoke in a very low voice filled with hurt.

Bessie soon collapsed onto the beach. Mystique gave her a bit of space to calm herself before walking up to her once more.

"Bessie, do you know that was very rude to leave your guest like that? You should have at least excused yourself. Also Sean is doing her best to protect you from another incident like the last one. I know that the two of have your differences but Sean thinks like a man and we think like a woman." Mystique spoke quietly yet firmly.

"Sean failed me once and he is younger than me. I know more about things then he does."was the simple reply from Bessie.

"Sean and I were only young teenagers. Besides you were flirting with all of the men so that you got attention that you craved and still crave. You must act more lady like and forget the past. I have told you that many times. If you want to play with fire, you will get burned once in a while. You just need to remember what I taught you and not just the self defense moves. You need to know how to maintain your composure and dignity.

As far as Xavier is concerned, I feel that he is a gentleman and will not do you any harm. In fact he may even be good for you. Besides that you need to overlook your brother protectiveness. He is also overly protective to me. But he will not voice it to me unless he has examined the situation. You need to stand up for yourself in a more dignified way." Mystique spoke firmly.
"Now get up and brush yourself off. We need to get back to our guest."
Mystique spoke more gently then turned and left Bessie to do what was requested of her.

Bessie simply stood up and brushed her clothes off. She followed her Princess to the house but went to the wagon in the garage to clean up and put on another dress.

Mystique walked back into the house with a smile on her face.
"How are things going? I hope that nothing went amiss while I was gone."

"I see," Aeris commented as she looked at him, she could tell that this was effecting him a great deal. She leaned her head against her shoulder as she took a deep breath, "Now, this find a way then to get closer to your sister if you can on this trip, I think that it will help both of you a great deal, and of course I will support you the best I can," she said softly looking up at him. She just wanted to help Sean as much as was possible, she knew that they had a lot of learning to do still, both of them but she hoped that she could learn with him.

"Well princess, nothing much, just got the kitchen cleaned up, so you can go off to rest or stay around, or do whatever you want," Edward commented as he looked over towards Mystique from the kitchen.

"I shall head out, I will be back, but I shall bring my own traveling things with me, I didn't have a chance to do so this time, and it is all in my own place still," Xavier commented as he looked at the others, "Is Bessie already, or would you need me to talk with her before I head out myself," he asked, the princess, not wanting to impose himself on her servant and knowing there was certain relationship between the two and her and her brother and not wanting to mess up any of those things.

"Bessie is fine now and most likely changing clothes. I doubt that she has brought all of her belongings inside. She is a bit insecure and will always have a few things packed and ready to flee. I allow her to keep a few of my own belongings packed as well. She changes clothes to forget a negative memory. Usually she will not talk about it but sometimes I can get her to open up. The only other person who has done mush with Bessie is another white mage by the name of Anne who is Tomel's housekeeper."

Sean spoke up bitterly.
"She just can't forgive me for not being strong enough when I was younger. She just can't let go of that one horrid mess. I have my doubts that we will ever be as close as we once were."

"Sean, we have talked about the incident. You also must remember that she was under a spell and she never quite recovered from it. I don't have any magical powers. They are locked away forever.
Why don't you and Aeris start working on your jewelry?" Mystique asked warmly.

"Yes, perhaps it is for the best. Xavier, I am sorry to doubt your intentions but Bessie is very much mixed up. she needs to be protected at all time. She is a bit slow at birth for Mother had her in the fields while she was working.

My love, where would you like to work?" Sean spoke as he stood up.

((Would you mind if I bring in another character?))

"That does make a great deal of sense," Edward commented as he nodded his head, "this lack of magic and the work that had been done which he was sure was different then magic do to its origins was something that they would have to work their way though in time. He blinked as he nodded his head.

"Anywhere you wish to work, but the thing is as I was telling you a bit ago," Aeris said pausing for a moment, "I am going to have to get your help going somewhere else at least your arm to support me as we got to where ever, it doesn't much matter to me where we work, as the work itself and the company is the important part," she said with a smile blushing a bit as she made the statement to Sean. She figured that it would be fun no matter where they ended up working. She waved to Xavier as he took his leave from them.

(sure that is fine)

"Let's just set it up here. It is a large table and then I can clean up the various tools. I'll have you sort out the various gems, ores and jewels. They are all jumbled up in several boxes. Can I have a few bowels to put the various ones in? I'll wash them up afterwards." Sean asked.

"Yes. Just clean up when you are done." was Mystique spoke wearily as she walked out on to the porch. She went to the porch swing and sat down.

Bessie walked inside in a clean dress and her hair was neatly pinned up. She had put on an old pair of earrings, matching necklace and bracelets. She was smiling some but became sad when she saw that the meal was over.

"Xavier go home?" she asked quietly.

Sean looked up and swallowed.
"Yes, Bessie. Bessie .. before you go, I want to apologize to you. I should have said nothing at the meal but I saw how you were looking at him. I kinda went overboard with wanting to protecting you again. I'm sorry to interfere with your affairs." Sean spoke softly.

"It's ok. Just remember that I am grown up a lot since then. Ask such things when I am not around. I don't need to hear you questioning my friends. OK?" Bessie asked with soulful eyes.

"Ok. I'll find the guy and ask at a different time. Then perhaps we won't hurt each other's feelings." Sean compromised.

Bessie just nodded and walked away.

Aeris took the bucket of gems and then started to get to work on them brushing them off one at a time as she worked on one red one, that looked beautiful to her, she was a fan of that color a big time fan, perhaps it was cause it stood out so much, or she had a friend when she was young who had that color of hair. She smiled as she looked at the red gem and smiled as then looked over to Bessie, "Well, um he will be back tomorrow, or soon, he said he had to get his things for the trip, I am sure he will join us in time," she said with a small smile as she looked at the pair. "Now, Sean um how does this gem look?"

Mystique was tired of the bickering between the two siblings and wish that she had left by herself. Then shefelt bad for they came along to protect her. It was catch 22 all over.....

Bessie sighed and sat down at the table. She picked up a stone and looked at it.
"Can I help clean some of the stones? I'll not take any any for myself." she asked.

"Only if you put the stones back on the table after you are done cleaning them. Aeris, that stone looks terrific. Just imagine the brilliance once it is polished in the machine. It will reflect the deep hues of red will shine through. Now tilt the gem to one side and hold it up in the sun. See it how it tries to make a red beam of light?" Sean spoke calmly as he used a brush to get a bunch of dirt out of some crevices of a stone.

Edward put his arm around Mystique as he looked at her and picked her up into his strong arms, carrying her away from the scene of the fight. He could tell easily that she was feeling down and she had a good reason. He carried her to his room and sat her down on the bed. "Now love, relax, it has been a lovely day, and tomorrow, I shall spend the day with you and you alone, if that is okay with you."

Aeris nodded her head as she looked at Bessie, "Well just make sure to keep things on the table," she said knowing her little bad habit. She knew that she would want something of her own though. "Perhaps though when we are done, if there is a jewel that is unneed we can save it for you to use in some of the clothes that you are going to work on," she said figuring a way to hopefully help bridge the divide between the siblings a bit. She took the stones and started to arrange them by color or starting color and nodded her head to Sean. "It shall look fine, it shall shine like a bit of fire really," she said happily as she sat there for a moment or two without saying anything at all.

"What would you like to do?" Mystique asked as she laid her head on his chest and close her eyes to rest for a bit.
"I'd love to spend the day with you but I'd like to avoid the beach area today if you don't mind. Bessie will most likely be there for she had a fascination for the beach."

"Yes, it did. I think that it might be a fire ruby. I want to put that one in a special place. I have a guide for stones and gems. Also I have a guide for various shells that might interest you, Bess. If you collect some shells, you can brush some of the dirt and such off. I'll give you some money and you may go to the pawn shop to buy some cases. Maybe even some tools if your are careful with the money." Sean spoke calmly and he took a book out of the cart.

Bessie too the book slowly and began to read for a bit. She was intrigued by the book so much that the rocks, gems stones and such no longer interested her.

Edward nodded his head as he heard the problem that she had about going to the beach, and he would avoid it if she didn't want to go the to beach. Sitting on her bed he thought about the problem that was in front of them and how to best figure a way around it. He looked down as he though, his face showing that he was in deep thought as he went over the possibilities in his head one by one. He looked up a couple of minutes later, "Well now, if you don't want to go to the beach, why don't we take a small boat tour of the area, it will take most of the day, it will be nice, and most importantly, it shall be just you and I on the trip," he said with a smile on his lips. "we need not worry about anyone else bugging us."

Aeris put the gem aside as she took a couple of green emeralds and started to prepare them for the machine, she figured she could help Sean by prepping the gems one at a time. There were a lot of gems, so by doing this in a kind of assembly line fashion they could go though a greater number this day. She found a beautiful reddish orange gem that she made sure to clean up first, so that it could be put aside and cleaned right away. She finished cleaning it and put it in front of the others so it might be noticed first and cleaned first. Aeris smiled as she saw Bessie reading the book and looking at the info. It was a productive thing and would help her learn more about things that she didn't already know about.

Mystique smiled up at Edward.
"That would be really nice. If there is a place somewhere that is quite a ways from, I' like to try on my new swim suit. Just not here on this stretch of the beach. Thanks for taking me away from here. I am starting to feel the stress."
Mystique reached up and caressed his cheek gently.

Bessie concentrated hard as she read the book. She never read anything that was this hard before. But she liked the information in it. It eased her feelings of being too stupid and she should have ignored Sean's overprotective questioning. He always tried to protect her when she did not need it. Now she was wishing that Xavier would come back so that she could apologize and maybe explain.

Sean kept an eye on Bessie as he read the manual about identifying gemstones. He was happy that Bessie took a deep interest in reading the book. She did love to learn and perhaps she would forget about Xavier. That would ease his mind greatly. He then noticed the reddish orange gem.

"That is a very nice gem, Aeris. I think it should go into the special pile as well. We can go through this guide and figure out which gemstone is which. Some of them have hidden properties." he smiled but glanced towards Bessie in hopes that Aeris realizes that it would be best not to say much in front of Bessie.

Back
Top Bottom