Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

Luce snorted a little, but dug in herself. Her eyes lit up just a little in appreciation, scooping it into her mouth. Less like a rabid dog...and more like a woman who acted like he hadn't eaten anything in months. Wizard felt...completely like the odd man out, something weird was going on. What was Luce's deal? What was Aernir's deal?

"This is fucking delicious," Rayna smirked, licking her lips. "Nice work, Rayna."

"Thanks, Luce!" The only one who seemed oblivious to everything around her was Rayna as she politely ate her food. "There's more if anyone wants it." Her eyes flickered up to Wizard while Aernir stole side glances at her and ate very slowly. "Something the matter, Wizard?"

"Oh no, no..." Wizard said, waving it off. "Just thinking," he smiled. "This food is great, Rayna. You're quite the cook." The hell was with those two? Why was Aernir acting like this? Luce was just acting like Luce, but...in a less rigid way. She seemed...somewhat relaxed, actually.

"Guys, thank you. I'm not sure I can take any more compliments." She giggled softly, her cheeks slightly flushed. "I just am doing the things I was taught. Maybe I'll get a recipe book and try other things, too. I've learned from spell books, don't see how cook books are any different."

Aernir was just staring at her now. He really didn't understand how anyone could be so happy. She really did remind him of her. And it was really hard to look away from that smiling face. It made him want to be happy too....

"You okay, Aernir?" Luce said idly, watching him a moment. He certainly seemed...out of it, naturally she was concerned...for Rayna.

"What..?" Aernir looked back at Luce and tilted his head slightly. He just heard her say his name. Rayna also looked at him curiously. "I'm sorry Luce...I didn't quite hear you." Why was he so skittish of her anyway? Maybe he just knew that Rayna almost...belonged to her and he was having these strange feelings for the girl.

"...Are you okay?" she repeated slower, almost mockingly. "What's with you? Didn't you sleep this morning?"

"I did. And everythings fine, I really don't know what you're talking about." He looked down to his plate and kept his gaze there as he answered her. Why did she care if he was okay anyway?

"...Right," Luce mumbled, edging the bottle of whiskey towards him. "Well, I'm gonna grab a shower. Anything on tap, Wizard?"

"Not yet, but I'm getting a few hits for jobs," Wizard murmured. "Should have something sooner or later."

"I'll join you..." Rayna said openly and unashamed as she got up from her chair. Another job, it had been a few days since they had really done anything because Luce was recovering. She wouldn't mind going out again and doing her magic thing.

Aernir looked at the Whiskey. Why not? Alcohol, sex and cigarettes was his go to when he was feeling this way. He took the bottle and got himself a chilled glass. He wondered what Rayna and Luce looked like in the shower...together..naked. Ugh, his pants were too loose for this.

"...You okay?" Wizard said in genuine concern as Rayna and Luce headed back into her room. "I mean, I get that you like women and all, Aernir...but..." Seemed like he was taking this a little heavy...

"I'm fine. Why is everyone asking if I'm okay?" He asked as he walked out of the kitchen. "I really don't know what you're talking about, or what you're getting at." He poured himself a glass of whiskey. He never did tell anyone if anything was bothering her. But sometimes even he didn't know what was, and...well he figured it might have something to do with the fact that he missed her.

"...Because you're acting not like Aernir?" Wizard added faintly. "C'mon, man. What's got you so twisted up? Is Luce freaking you out that much?" She was acting pretty strange, but...for once, in a good way.

"..I guess it has something to do with that. I just...never saw her go any way like that. And she really hated Rayna not that long ago. Remember when she nearly sliced her arm off? And now they're taking showers together. I just find that...really strange." He said as he took a sip of his whisky.

"Yeah, that is strange..." Wizard admitted. "But she seems different now, though...really different, not just like...day to day different, Luce is still scary...but she's not scaring me like she used to." He couldn't quite describe it.

"I wanted to save Rayna because I saw something in her. Maybe this is what I saw. She just..she can even make Luce less scary. I feel like..no matter what happens Rayna's always going to smile like that. I don't know many women like her. Selfless and strong, in her own way. I just..I'm kinda glad we rescued her. Because Luce seems better...so that's good at least." Aernir was getting "deep" again. Though it was all the truth. It's not that he wasn't happy for Luce, but he kind of wanted that too.

"Well, ignorance is bliss," Wizard smiled. "...Not that it's a bad thing, but I hope she's prepared when reality meets her, buddy. It's going to get rough otherwise. But I get what you mean, she's certainly got a charm." For Luce, it was apparently sexual...but the only other thing he had seen her be so protective of was her guns.

Aernir nodded and then looked over at Wizard's screen, glancing at the postings. Ignorance, huh? Even after her first mission, Rayna seemed to be back to normal. She was a little sad but she still kept her head up even while waiting for Luce to gain consciousness. Though she hadn't even began to see the real world yet. He hoped she'd still be happy like that.

"Why don't you send us on an easier mission. This one looks good." He pointed at one in particular. Something about a missing android woman. A megacorp scientists experiment probably. How hard was it to track down a missing machine and bring it back to it's owner. He didn't really seem to shy about opening it, reaching over Wizard shoulder. "God, they even know where it is. This is an easy one. Accept it."

"...Oh sure, why don't you just completely ignore my personal space while you're at it," Wizard grumbled. "I'm the guy who assigns the jobs, remember?" Hmph, pushy jerk. Still, it looked fine enough he supposed. What was the harm on doing something lower key?

"Yeah, but I'm the guy who does them." Aernir said with a grin, patting his shoulder before backing up just slightly. Personal space was important, he supposed. "The last time you gave me a mission I had to fight Lucifer, his concubines, and some zombie looking bastard. I need a break."

"Okay, okay...I'll get the details," Wizard sighed. "You really okay? I get worried when Luce gets worried."

"Don't see why she's worried. I'm fine." He said passively as he finished off his glass of whiskey. "Stuff is just changing and I'm trying to adjust." He wasn't going to go back in his room. He wasn't too sure if he wanted to torture himself listening to them fuck again.

"...Alright then," Wizard murmured. "Guess it is kinda weird seeing Luce not so...murder-y." He admitted. "You sure that's all that's bothering you? Been a while since I've seen you so out of place."

Aernir contemplated whether or not he wanted to go any further. Then again, he supposed if he every wanted to figure out what was bothering him, the only way he could was by talking about it. Even just a little. He had known Wizard long enough, he supposed. "I miss my girlfriend."

"Ah...yeah," Wizard murmured, glancing over to him. "I suppose that display would do that, Rayna's very affectionate, after all." Huh, Aernir had a girlfriend? He didn't dig into their lives out of personal respect, but he could have at any time. Fixers did it out of a point of trust, not because it was extremely hard to find things out.

Back
Top Bottom