Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Damien chuckled, scratching his cheek. "It's alright...trust me, I didn't come back expecting a warm reception...but I appreciate the gesture, Mei. For now, there's not much we can do but get some ideas on what's happening out there. I'll send some people out...and even then, we're going to be working out of a broken down building..." he mused. Assuming anything was salvageable, anyway...

"I also have someone who's feeding me information." Mei told him, and she grimaced at the thought. What she had been hearing wasn't good. She could only thank Justin for keeping her in the loop so she could..somewhat prepare. "I've spoken with my father...he's actually going to find us a temporary building to work out of very soon..it will be smaller, but since we're down so many people anyway...it should be fine."

"Well, that's something..." Damien mused. "In the meantime, I'll see what I can figure up...nice working with you...Boss," Damien grinned, rising up. "Oh, and congrats on you and Adam...didn't know you two were a thing."

Mei blushed hard when he congratulated her on being with Adam. Were...they really a thing? Of course they were, they had kissed and dated a bit. He hadn't really asked her to be his girlfriend officially, but...they might as well have been boyfriend and girlfriend. "Y..yeah." She said before looking away from her. She wouldn't be able to get used to that...at least not for a very long time.

...And yet he could call her Boss and she was fine with it.

Damien chuckled at that, putting his cigarette to his lips as he headed out. Time to make a few calls and deal with a few people...ugh. Back in the game, wasn't he? But this time, at least he could have some faith on things for a change. But still, even with their key players up and about...it'd be a while. Honestly, everyone was probably grateful when Jana could actually walk around. Her clothes were in tatters, so she just made Justin get her some clothes. Her legs were better, her head still felt a little woozy...but she was good to move around again.

She slid on her tanktop and skirt -for all that he harped about showing too much of her figure, he chose things that hugged them nicely. Still, she wasn't going to complain...should have remembered to get a bra, though. Meh, oh well. Wouldn't be the first time that she was showing how cold it was. Not like she'd be fighting anyway. She thought she'd surprise Mei, at any rate...she had been hearing the good news. Her partner was going to be DC leader!

So, she roamed the hallways, hands behind her back as she checked in on rooms every so often. But it wasn't hard to find her partner in the cafeteria, with Adam...who seemed to have his arm fixed. She grinned a little, stalking up behind her in her chair as she slid her arms around Mei's neck, giving Adam a...wonderful view of Jana's cleavage.

"Boo," she grinned. "Time for me to be your third wheel!"

Mei almost jumped when she felt Jana slide her arms around her neck. She still hated that. She'd never get used to someone touching her from behind. However, she was at least relieved that her partner was finally up and out of bed. She could immediately tell Jana wasn't even wearing a bra, and she sighed heavily. "It's nice to see you out of bed, Jana." Her voice was tired but still genuine. She and Adam could really only see each other during meal times. Mei was so busy that they hadn't really spent that much time together. They hadn't even gone out on their second date yet.

"You bet, sweetheart," Jana smiled. "I won't keep you two, but I heard that you're our big boss girl now...so I wanted to congratulate you...and I wanted to help." she said seriously. "I know a lot of people who'd be interested, and I have some favors I can call in." she murmured. "You just need to say the word, partner."

"...You know people?" Adam said curiously. Well, he wanted to say 'people who'd help', but that felt even worse.

"I know lots of people," Jana smiled easily. Either missing his point or ignoring it for Mei's sake. "Red is filled with a lot of folks who want to do good, but have no idea how. This is a good way to do it."

Ugh, Red students...?

"I'm working on something," Mei admitted as she ignored the fact that Jana had just congratulated her on her being the leader. It was more of her duty than a promotion, plus she didn't view herself as above everyone else. Just someone who could direct and organize things to suit the new environment. "Something that will probably need those favors called in. Justin and Remy have proven themselves to me, so even if we have to recruit some...less than proper people..we can always train them. Though I haven't gotten everything hammered out yet at the moment. We need new recruits, and we need them fast. Anyone willing to help..I'll take it. Of course, they won't immediately be one of us, but they'll at least be good allies and will be treated as such." She said as she ran her fingers through her hair, still working the idea out in her head.

"Leave it to me," Jana said with a friendly peck on her cheek. "I can have a handful of people here by the end of the day, tops...maybe by tomorrow."

Feeling Jana peck her on the cheek made Mei sigh and turn a light shade of pink. She really hated these public displays of affection. "Make sure you bring Justin and Remy when you gather them up."

"Right away, boss." Jana grinned, giving Adam a wink. "Do me a favor and relax her a little more, would you? Felt like I was hugging a mountain."

"W...What do you mean?" Adam mumbled, face flush just a bit as he sunk into his chair. "That...that's what we're doing!"

"Riiight~" Jana said, her grin never leaving. "See you later, Mei...have fun."

"Goodbye, Jana." Mei said as she walked away and then stroke her head. She then turned back to Adam, and shrugged. "At least she's feeling better. I'm glad she's finally out of the hospital." Whatever Jana may have implied definitely went over Mei's head.

"...Yeah," Adam sighed faintly, rubbing his head. "That's good...seems like nothing ever gets her down...no wonder you two get along so well, sometimes I swear you guys work on guts alone." It...was probably a good thing that Mei didn't seem to get what Jana was implying...

Mei shrugged and then started to pick at her salad. "Truth be told I don't know why her and I work well together other than the fact that we're friends. I trust her and she trusts me. Even though we're almost completely opposite right down to our element..all we need is to trust in each other and we will get along. Though I really don't like how pushy she is at times." She told him before looking into his eyes. "That's why we get along so well, because we like each other a lot. Right?" She asked him in their shared language that wasn't English. Sometimes she did enjoy having the casual conversation in the language. Plus it was great for privacy.

"Opposites attract sometimes, Mei" Adam smiled. "Sometimes, to understand why someone is like that...you need to know where they came from, how they grew up. I'm sure you've talked about that kind of thing, right?" Jana didn't seem like someone who hid her past, at any rate...

"No. I've never talked about that sort of thing with her. Neither of us have ever asked about the others past. It's not very important, in my opinion." Mei said as she crossed her legs. She didn't feel as if that sort of talk was important. Even though she had come close to telling Jana why she was the way she was once..she had never been that clsoe anymore.

"Then that's why you don't understand now," Adam stated with a faint shrug. "A person's past shapes who they are, Mei...how they are in the present. It may not be important to you...but it is to a lot of people."

"Is it important to you, Adam?" Mei asked him, looking into his eyes. "Do you feel like you don't understand me because you don't know anything about my past?" They may have gotten closer, but they were far from understanding each other. Mei just didn't understand people in general, really.

"I feel like I could understand you more if I knew more about you, yes...that's how being friends...and well, boyfriend and girlfriend works." Adam said, slightly...just ever so slightly shirking from her gaze. Even casually, she could crack a glacier in half, woo.

Boyfriend and girlfriend. That had been bothering her. "So, which one are we? We only went out on a single date. However, everyone keeps calling us an item. So..are you my boyfriend, Adam?" With all the chaos, this was just something they never really talked about. Though they were always together, so..it was a reasonable assumption for everyone, including Adam to make. She wanted it to be clear.

"I'd like to think so, yes." He meant it, or he looked like he meant it as much as it sounded. "I mean...I like this, us...I know it's premature and all...but..." he mumbled. "I want to be, if you'll have me."

Mei scratched the back of her head and then sighed. "Is that how you really you ask a girl to be your partner? Of course I want to be." She was waiting for him to ask her directly. She didn't want it to be an agreement..that seemed to business like.

He blushed a little in embarrassment, grinning. "Sorry...I um..." he said, hands over hers. "...I'd be really interested in being together with you, Mei...I've really enjoyed the time we've had together. And I want more of it."

"I've enjoyed the time we've had together as well, and I'd be more than happy to give you more." As little as that time they did spend together alone may have been. Still, she liked having someone else to sit with other than Jana or Damien. Especially when Damien only really sat with her for business reasons. She seemed to be waiting for something. The actual question.

"...So would you like to be my girlfriend?" he finally asked with a faint smile. "And maybe...sometime soon we can spend more time together?"

Back
Top Bottom