Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Bail releases," Adam murmured faintly, turning his monitor to them. "Lili Masenbach just got bailed out this afternoon, by her parents, it seems...I guess they're back home."

"Ooh," Damien mumbled, rubbing his neck. "That's a bad one, too..." She was still dealing with being locked up for what she had done, and now...well, girl like her just loved causing problems.

"Tch," Mei wasn't surprised, but she knew he wouldn't stop there. She was already thinking of a good way to stop Lili, and her cousin was the first thing that came to mind. Kokoro was a very skilled metal user, and none of Lili's tricks would work on her. "Are there any more bail out these last few days?"

"Amelia Heartfilla, but she wasn't in very long anyway," he murmured as he scanned over. "...There's...a lot of people here, actually, a lot of them aren't really big threats, but there's no way some of these should be out already." Adam frowned, rooting through the list to find out just who in the hell had authorized all of these releases. But two names stood out like sore thumbs: Shi and Di Zhao.

"...That's not good," Kuki mumbled, feeling dread sink into her stomach.

Mei didn't want to believe it. Those two...there was no mistaking it. This was somehow Nicholas' doing, not that she knew how he could pull something like this off. Those two were dangerous, and now she was wondering if they also had something to do with the disappearance of Kitten. What if...what if everyone left for no reason? What if Nicholas just paid that Yoko girl to look like she'd be her kidnapper? Was that why he dropped the match with her?

Mei's face went pale white, and she shook her head slowly. What should she do? What could she do? A preemptive strike was out of the question, they had to have a reason to attack them and put them back in jail. Perhaps if she pushed the investigation on Kitten's disappearance more, maybe...

"Shit," Mei cussed weakly. "If Shi and Zhao are in on this, then I'm sure we'll be seeing some more old faces."

The three of them glanced at Mei curiously, Kuki blinked at her in surprise. She...had never honestly heard her say that, ever. Or any real cursing at all.

"Easy, Mei," Damien murmured, hand on her shoulder. "You're not alone in this, alright? Adam, send out a call to pull in every DC member we got on patrol...he wants a war? We better get one ready, I don't think there's any other way to handle this." As much as they didn't want it to escalate like that, what choice did they have?

Right, she wasn't alone. She felt so protective of everyone, however, and she knew that Shi and Zhao were very dangerous. With the two of them working with Nicholas again, nothing good would come of it. They had been defeated once before, the now knew what to expect...and their underhanded tactics would probably worsen. "After you do that, Adam...is there any way you can find out who managed to post bail for Shi and Zhao?"

"Maybe," Adam sighed. "I'll do what I can, Mei...but that might have to wait, I'm not going to sit here at my desk while everyone else is doing their part, I want to fight too," he insisted, rising up. "You guys have been doing everything with the information I give you, it's time I helped on the front lines for a change, and I'm not taking no for an answer."

Mei was quiet for a moment, mainly because she didn't expect him to volunteer to fight. She was aware of his combat grades, but never had actually seen him...do anything. "Are you..are you certain?" She asked calmly. She wanted to believe in him, but it was hard to imagine him actually fighting and...doing stuff.

"...What?" Adam frowned, glancing at the three of them.

"I mean," Damien said flatly. "No offense or anything, man, but we've never really..."

"Seen you do anything other than be on the computer," Kuki finished politely. "...When have you last fought?"

"I train daily," Adam reminded flatly. "Are you guys kidding? I'm a member of the DC! I had to go through it like everyone else!" he insisted. "I want to fight, besides...are you really at a position where you can argue?"

"Not really.." Mei admitted, although she knew that training and real combat experience was two different things. She didn't want to discourage him, or make him feel like she didn't trust him, but she couldn't stop herself from worrying. "Truthfully I was just going to ask you to stay here in case the enemy tries something in the building, but if you'd like to be on the front lines, I won't say no."

"You won't be let down," Adam promised. "I want to show you what I can do, Mei...we're going to need everyone if this is what we're up against, especially without the others here...and Komoku out of commission," he sighed. "We're gonna have to be smart about this..."

"So, we will be," Damien murmured. "You think a few years ago we'd have a bunch of thugs running this place? I bet old man KIshi'd have a heart attack if he saw that kind of people we have now, but damn if these guys aren't loyal to the colors now," he sighed. "Komoku and the Sae-Hoon brothers really knew who to pick up."

"Don't call them thugs, they're respectable students now." Mei sniffed, and it was true..mostly. No one had really given her any trouble, and while they might not have been the shining example of what a DC student should look like, they did their jobs and kept up with her training.

"Anyways, we don't know how Nicholas will attack us, and I have a feeling that he won't be waiting until the last minute to launch an attack. He may be more aggressive and tactical about his approach. I suggest that we all stay on our guard and avoid walking the streets alone, especially those of us who are a known threat. Adam, Kokoro might be targeted if Shi and Zhao are involved, so...be prepared for trouble."

"Understood, what about you?" Adam said respectfully. "I mean...I know you can handle yourself and all-"

"Kuki can watch her," Damien assured. "And she has Aiden at home."

"...Aiden?" Adam blinked. "Aiden Kishi, Aiden?"

"Yes, he's been staying with me ever since the tournament, since...well, him and Eva rejected their mother. He's actually a good guy, and he's already promised to help." Damien really had a big mouth, was it that big of a deal that Aiden was staying there? It was a big place and there was an extra room that wasn't going to be used until the baby got there.

"Huh," Adam murmured. "Well, that's good then, I guess I don't have to worry about you getting jumped at home or something," he said in relief. "...How is Komoku taking that?" he dared to ask.

"About as well as a dog realizing another animal is in it's territory." Mei muttered with a roll of her eyes. Still, she couldn't hide the smile on her face when she thought of him. Him being conscious was the only good thing to come of this entire situation, and she wondered if Nicholas hadn't made his threats, would he be awake today?

"I see," Adam said. "Still, it's good he's awake," he smiled, shifting out from his desk. "...But don't tell him I said that," he joked lightly. "I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it." Yes, it still hurt a little, but...what did he have to feel so hurt about anymore? It wasn't as if Kokoro hadn't been a wonderful girlfriend to him, did he really have to keep feeling so weird around her?

Mei didn't even know truthfully if Komoku even remembered that she was dating Adam...before they got together. It seemed like such a long time ago, and he wasn't someone who seemed to keep track of things like that. He never particularly seemed awkward whenever Adam was around, not that they ever spoke much. Adam had made a joke though...so maybe he was over it. And why wouldn't he be, when he found someone who would treat him the way he deserved to be treated?

She would never stop feeling guilty over that, and that's why she avoided him more often that not. "I'll...tell him you send your regards instead." She said a little awkwardly before turning to the door. "Speaking of which, I should really get back to him."

"Sure," Adam murmured, casting a glance to Damien, who simply shrugged his shoulders. Mei was...Mei, he didn't claim to know how she worked. But he knew that was kind of a...area for Jana to handle, not him. Adam supposed he'd count his blessings that it wasn't a painfully stilted discussion.

"Say hi to Kokoro for me." She said with a casual wave before leaving the classroom. That could have went better, but it also could have went worse. Much worse.

She really did want things to go back to normal for them, even though she hardly knew what normal was. It felt like they were good friends, but truthfully they had been dating the majority of time they started spending time with each other. Maybe she missed spending time with him, she didn't know. She loved Komoku but sometimes she did miss having casual conversations with Adam. It was confusing.

"The temperature is too high, you know."

Whatever God there was that gave him this devil on his shoulder, Aiden wondered if a finding a new religion would rid him of this demon. Nothing he did was going to be good enough, even when he had decided out of some morbid curiosity to finally listen to what he said. He probably should have just shot himself in the foot, it was dinner and it was chicken. Like he was the only person in the entire universe that had to cook for family.

"It's fine, I'm not cooking it long enough to lose the flavor." Aiden replied easily.

"What is that? Sage?" Komoku frowned, watching from the counter. He had enough energy to get up and bitch, so Aiden guessed that was a good thing?

"And Paprika, and a few other things, it's a good seasoning." Aiden said casually.

"Hmph, and you're sure you didn't over season it?" he asked warily. "You're not paying enough attention-"

"Are you my wife?" Aiden said crossly, glancing at him. "Because you're nagging me like one, do you want to eat or not? Because I can microwave you some ravioli if you're going to a prissy bitch about someone feeding you?" There was the Eva Kishi in him, very clearly. Komoku arched a brow at him, elbows resting on the table. He was like a goddamn child, seemingly immune to anything other than the most direct of insults.

"...Smells good." Komoku sniffed.

"...Thanks," he grumbled after a moment. God, where was Mei? Did he need to sacrifice his blood?

It seemed like she came home just in time for dinner, though as soon as she entered the condo, she felt how thick the tension was in the air. Honestly, she didn't realize exactly how territorial Komoku was until today, but then again he never really hung around anyone other than Sejae and Dujae. Or maybe he was still mad about his pots being used, she couldn't tell.

"I'm back." She announced as she slipped off her flats, which was a new fashion statement. Not by choice, but simply because walking in heels was just too uncomfortable when she was nearly five months pregnant. "I'm hope Komoku wasn't too much trouble, Aiden?"

"Oh no, he's been a precious little butterfly," Aiden replied lightly, signified by a harsh sizzle of chicken. "Please get him away from the kitchen, before I burn him with his own skillet. Dinner will be ready in a few hours."

"Tch, you would do that," Komoku smirked. "You have no respect for other people's tools, you know that?"

"Let's go into our bedroom, you've been sitting on that couch too long." Mei told him as she stuck her hand out to help him up. "Aiden will be fine cooking on his own out here. And watch, you'll actually like it."

"That's setting some serious standards," Komoku said dryly, but nonetheless took the offer anyway. Their bed, god, he was looking forward to that...for reasons, lots of reasons. So, it wasn't too hard to pull him away from nagging Aiden, who seemed to be almost violently cooking dinner at this point. Blah, he hated out tired and worn out he felt all the time now, but he supposed it was to be expected...because he got the ever living shit kicked out of him regardless if he wanted to admit it or not.

Back
Top Bottom