Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Who knows with Sejae," Komoku snorted. "Seriously, you live on the streets as long as we have and you know the language well enough, that boy could get anything if he put his heart into it, all he needs is time to do it, let's just hope whatever they did, they keep Kitten in one piece. They so much as bruise her and we're going to have some dead bodies floating around."

"That's not going to be good for anyone..." Mei said with a sigh. Relations between Turuga and Volaysia were brittle at best, and if Sejae was reckless, he would endanger what little relationship they had. Not to mention, if the others got involved with such a scandal, they'd ruin Sophie's career. She could only hope that Kitten was safe, but...Komoku was really scaring her here. "I'm going to leave that up to Dujae, Komoku. I don't think I can spread my worrying any further than I already have."

"I think it'll be fine," Komoku grinned. "Dujae acts like a lazy ass, but he can handle Sejae in a lot of ways, he's as intense as his brother when he gets going, getting him there is another matter entirely, have some faith, alright? We're all goody-goody now, Sejae just needs a reminder we don't play like that anymore."

"I do have faith in him. Cat tells me all the time how dependable he is opposed to how he seems." Mei told him before there was a knock on the door. The nurse came in with discharge papers, although she appeared to be very skeptical. It was understandable, he had just woke up from a coma, and her father was already allowing him to go home. "You know, now that I think about it..I should have brought you clothes to change into."

"Don't worry about it," he grunted, shifting up carefully. "There's more important things going on, we'll get clothes on the way. C'mon, let's get going," he said, shifting up without hesitation, and only a faint grimace as he clutched his side. Ugh...that stupid bitch, he'd find her and...he didn't know, do something.

"Don't push yourself," Mei said as she placed her hand on his shoulder. "Wait here, I'll get a wheelchair. It must hurt still...right?" She wouldn't let him walk if he was in that much pain, regardless of how stubborn he wanted to be.

"I am not getting put in a damn wheelchair like some cripple," Komoku grumbled. "I can walk, dammit, I'm not that broken."

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If you want to get better faster, you need to drop the tough guy act." Mei said as she folded her arms. As much as she was glad he was back, his pride was just as annoying as ever. "Come on, I'm bailing you out of the hospital early, the least you can do is let me take care of you."

"...Fine," Komoku muttered, as much as he wanted to fight it, he didn't want to argue with her so soon after he got back. He didn't really...want to argue with her for as long as he could get away with, really. He didn't really remember what they fought about before he got into the arena, he just knew he was mad at her and that was that. "Get the stupid wheelchair."

Mei was surprised that he had given in so easily. She was fulling expecting him to be stubborn, as usual. She looked into his eyes and placed her hand on his forehead. "Are you sure you're ready to go home?" She asked softly. He felt fine, maybe she was overthinking things. "You just woke up, I know you don't like being in the hospital, but still. You nearly died..." The thought was so upsetting, and every so often she had nightmares about him not recovering at all and passing away. She felt awful about the last words she had ever said to him.

"Mei," Komoku grumbled, even if he sounded grouchy, his voice had no bite as he gripped her hand and cupped it around his. "I'm fine, alright? I don't want to be here anymore, I want to be with you, I want to be home, with you. I'm tired of being here, so let's just go, alright?"

He had spent too much time doing nothing, now he wanted to do something, even if that something was just with her, whatever it was. God, what did they even argue about? Why couldn't he remember?

"..Okay. Let's get out of there, then." Mei said softly as her hand closed around his. So, all it was as that he missed her as much as she missed him? She could understand that, which is why she was probably agreeing with taking him out of here in the first place.

Despite how much Mei wanted to just appreciate her time with Komoku, she still needed to make sure that DC would be ready for an attack. She called Damien and asked him meet her at her place, and texted Kokoro to let her know what was going on. She would notify the rest of the students when she consulted with Damien to figure out some sort of plan. With Daichi helping them out, and possibly Kent, they'd be able to set up a good defense.

"Home sweet home," Mei said awkwardly as she unlocked the door to their apartment. When she stepped in, she noticed the lights were still on. "Aiden, are you here? Eva? I'm back, and Komoku is with me!"

"Wait, Aiden?" Komoku grumbled. "That Aiden?"

"How many people do you know named 'Aiden'?" That ever present voice of Aiden Kishi slowly moved out of the kitchen, where Komoku was immediately glaring daggers at him. He rubbed his neck faintly, dinner was cooking, a talent he had gotten from making sure Eva didn't starve herself or die a slow painful death of whining and moaning about how she hadn't eaten anything good. Mei had allowed him to stay, this last little 'scheme' with his mother was too much, and he couldn't agree with any of it. Besides, he was kind of curious at what sort of people that were keeping Eva straight, well...straight on a moral sense. He was pretty sure he had heard way too much detail about Jana's talents.

"Oh," Komoku said dismissively, almost as if he had uncovered a large secret. "I see, he's cooking for you now, huh?"

"Are you always this dramatic?" Aiden said, brow arched. "Would you prefer she didn't eat? Besides, I owe her for letting me stay here, I'm going to cook for people, it's nothing I don't know how to do."

"I'd prefer if people left my kitchen alone," Komoku muttered. "That's my kitchen, you know."

"Get over it," Aiden said dryly. "Other people live here, welcome back Komoku, you must not be too bad if you're getting upset over a kitchen, like a housewife."

...What an asshole! How would anyone stand to deal with his bullshit!?

Mei couldn't help but laugh a little, but she knew it would only make Komoku mad, so she casually cleared her throat as if she had a bad cough. She had only heard Aiden talk like that to his sister, but then again she was the only person who ever really...whined to him, if that was the correct word. Though she found it unbelievably adorable how possessive Komoku was about his kitchen.

"I hope you're making enough for the four. Or five, I guess Eva still isn't home...still." Mei skillfully changed the subject so that the bickering would stop. "I invited someone over to join us today."

"She probably won't be home for a while," Aiden shrugged. Eva played the good little girl when Jana told her to stay behind and rest, but Aiden knew better. It was surprising, in a lot of ways. She was really into Jana, and that was kind of surprising. The sort of people she usually attracted were awful human beings, Jana was probably the best girlfriend she'd ever have. Her outburst was the strangest thing, Aiden had seen Eva complain about a lot of things, but he had rarely ever heard that worried crack in her voice like he did when she started talking about Jana.

So, he gave her the money he had, gave her a kiss on the forehead and wished her good luck. It was her fight, not his, and for once...she was actually wanting to take it. From what it looked like on Mei's expression, maybe it was a good thing he stuck around anyway. "I'll get to work on preparing more, who are we having?"

"Damien," Mei answered as she offered Komoku help so he could sit on the couch. "We have some...things to discuss. If you'd like, you can join us. I'd actually prefer it if you did, because it's rather serious. I know DC isn't your problem, but...I need all the help I can get. Nicholas has declared war with me, he wants revenge."

"...Really," Aiden murmured as Komoku slid up with a grateful grunt, more than happy to drop onto the couch with a sigh of relief. He knew that voice change, even if he didn't say anything. Aiden stopped chopping his celery in contemplation. Nicolas...that was the kid who started all this in the first place, wasn't it? The reason his father was dead? Eva and Aiden had no fond memories of their father, in truth. For all of the horrible things that their mother did, she raised them and cared for them. She had at least that going for her, their father had nothing like that.

Still, there was no closure, and his mother directed his anger at the wrong person. Perhaps if he could do this for her, she'd calm down?

It was a long seeing dream, honestly. But it was worth a shot.

"Yes, and like the snake he is, he waited for the perfect opportunity to pull this garbage. I want to minimize any injuries and prevent casualties this time around, and the only real way to do that is to be a bit more proactive than I was last time, while maintaining security around the building and making sure everyone is ready for a larger scale attack. I'm not sure what way he's planning on attacking this time, but the point is to be ready for anything." Mei explained as she sat next to Komoku, slipping her hand around his. The difference with last time and now, was that she was aware and in control of the situation.

Komoku slid an arm around his shoulders to pull her in, content to nuzzle against her hair with a faint grumble. Some asshole was in his kitchen, cooking with his cookware! Did he have no shame?

"Make sure you wash those when you're done," Komoku reminded.

"I will," Aiden replied.

"And put everything back where you found it," He added.

"Yep," he said, over the sizzle of the wok.

"And make sure that you set the temperature, what are you making?" He asked.

"Stir fry," He said easily. "Chicken."

"Ugh, you make the sauce yet?" he grimaced. "Don't ruin the sauce, you need to find the balance-"

"Yes, I know," Aiden cut in dryly. It was amazing how little it seemed to bother him with how much Komoku was trying to second-hand cook. "I have been feeding your girlfriend this entire time, you know, and she seems to not be starving, I found a diet to help the baby stay healthy."

"Your stuff will be fine, Komoku. I told him how much it meant to you when he started to cook with it. You should be glad, I'm pretty sure Jana nearly ruined one of your pans when she tried to cook me something..then we just started eating out." Mei probably shouldn't have mentioned that, but anything to get Komoku off Aiden's back. He was actually a pretty good cook, which wasn't surprising considering how picky Eva seemed to be. She loved her girlfriend, but had no problems telling her she couldn't cook for shit. Apparently Eva was too good to make food for herself, muttering that it was "Women's work" as if she weren't a woman herself...

"She did what?! Which one?" Komoku huffed, looking every bit like a dog who was trying desperately to paw back up to his feet. Oh god, what have they done to his perfect kitchen!? His perfect, lived in, amazing kitchen?

"This one," Aiden supplied helpfully, holding it up. It was one of his large skillets, and the burn mark in the center was so obnoxious that Komoku was surprised the bottom was still there. What worse pain was there, than seeing precious cookware ruined and...and violated so much!? The pain in his ribs was nothing to the pain in his heart, his sanctuary had been desecrated, and everyone was acting like it was fine! Did they have no shame!?

"I...I think I'm going to be sick," Komoku groaned.

"I'll buy you a new one." Mei said passively as she rubbed his back. "She was just trying to help me not starve to death. Don't get too mad at her." Honestly, she probably should have felt bad for him, but seeing him so bent out of shape about pans was just plane adorable to her. It was one of the things she appreciated about him, his cute little quirks and worries that just seemed way out of character for him.

"It's not the same!" Komoku said, almost a whine coming out of his voice as he groaned, rubbing his face. "This is my lesson, this is my curse. I will never be put in a coma again."

"Wow," Aiden said flatly. "All this over a kitchen."

"You're lucky I'm hurt, you asshole!" Komoku snarled as Aiden casually adjusted his shirt. "The kitchen is the heart of any home! If the heart isn't healthy, then the home suffers!"

"So we're fine, then," Aiden stated plainly, turning to get back to his cooking. "Because I've been cooking for everyone just fine."

"...I hate that guy," Komoku glowered like a spoiled child. "Can I kick him out?"

"No, but once you're well enough you can have your kitchen back." Mei promised with a smile. "I'm sure you can live with one pot in your set being newer than the others. I'll buy you a whole new set if it makes you feel better." She really did miss his cooking, actually, now that she thought about it. Not as much as she missed him, of course.

"Hmph," Komoku grumbled, leaning back into the couch miserably. "...Bet his cooking tastes like the bloated side of a dead dog's ass," he groused. No way he cooked anywhere NEAR as good as he did, he had years and years of experience in a restaurant! He probably was just Eva's little cooking bitch.

Back
Top Bottom