Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Great, Jana is here!" Sophie's unmistakable voice came from behind her, cutting through all the noise of the staff packing up. "Jana! We're over here!"

"Is she always so...energetic?" Catalina asked Mifune quietly. That girl was something else, and her voice! If she ever did learn how to use the sound element, she'd be damned good at it.

Jana blinked a moment, glancing around behind her before smiling easily and starting to head over. "Hey girl," she greeted cheerfully, granting Sophie a hug and a friendly peck on the cheek. "You've got a small army here, thanks for helping us out with this, you're a real hero."

"All the time," Mifune murmured, adjusting his sunglasses. "She sleeps like a hibernating bear, you get used to it. She's naive and happy about everything." he said, not unfondly, however. "It's nice to see her have real friends for a change. Being a pop-star is lonely, you guys break her heart, and I break all of you." Perhaps that was why he got along with her so well, he knew what it was like to be surrounded by people and still feel alone, he wanted her to know that he was always there for her, no matter what. She was so open hearted that people had taken advantage of it before, that changed when he was found.

He would be the cruel one if it meant she could still be her happy self.

"It's no problem! This is my last tour for a while, I managed to convince my agent that I needed a break from traveling, so he's not going to schedule me out for another six months. I told him I'd write a ton of songs and we could produce an album while I'm on break. It's the only way he'd ever say yes, especially because I want to take my break here, in Turuga." Sophie said as she looked around. It was just, so different from everywhere else she had been. She wanted to learn more from Adam, and learn more about this place. Most of all, she really liked Mifune's sister and cousin, and their friends.

"Real scary, if I hadn't fought you I wouldn't have taken that threat seriously." Catalina told him with a grin. "I guess I wouldn't mind tangling with you again, though. Don't worry, hot stuff, we won't take advantage of your girlfriend." How obvious, he was totally in love with her. She didn't have to see his eyes to know that, she heard it in his tone.

"Sure," Jana smiled. "We'd be welcome to have you here, honey, still, I owe you one," she said easily. "You're really being brave about helping us, and I appreciate it." She was more than what she put on, that was for sure. She still talked a mile a minute, she found it kind of cute that Mifune liked her so much, she seemed like the exact opposite of the kind of girl that he'd be into. "Where do you need me, boss?" she teased.

Mifune grunted in irritation, arms crossing. "She's not my girlfriend," he mumbled. "That would...complicate things, a lot. Our relationship is strictly professional." Reality and fantasy were always two different things, he couldn't help that.

"Maybe, but I'm sure you both have unprofessional, unresolved feelings for each other." Catalina purred before pinching his cheek. "Maybe one day, Bombón. The paycheck won't be worth seeing her fall for someone else, now would it?" She left him alone with that thought, trekking over to where Jana and Sophie was.

"Umm, well right now we're just packing, but...I think Catalina needed you to help her with Justin." Sophie answered, not realizing the woman was right behind her.

"Yeah, that jerk didn't pick up, I left him three messages and sent him a text. Could you call him for us?" Cat asked as she wrapped her muscular arms around Sophie and wrested her chin on her shoulder. Pop stars sure did smell nice.

Mifune frowned at her as she headed towards the two of them. He doubted that would happen, honestly. He wouldn't sure if Sophie would even understand something like that in the first place, who would be interested in dating her? She had high standar-...

...did she? Or did he just think she did? He pinched the bridge of his nose a moment before settling back against the bus to watch them silently. Always the bodyguard, after all.

"Sure," Jana sighed, flipping open her phone. "Sometimes, I swear that boy responds better to a naked woman than anything else," she grumbled, resting the phone against her shoulder. Justin could help, he was very inquisitive, especially lately.

Of course when Jana called, Justin picked up on nearly the first ring. It was unusual for her to actually call him, so he figured it had to be important. Mei would always have her call him if it was official DC business, so he figured it was something like that. Or maybe she needed him for something else, maybe...but unlikely.

"Hello?" That was all he said, pretending like he didn't know she was calling him. Truth be told, he wasn't doing anything in particular, but he needed a break from work and was hanging out at the Karaoke bar with Remy. As much as he told himself he'd never touch her again because of her feelings for him, the flirting was happening and he was almost thankful Jana called to interrupt it.

"Justin, get your shit together and meet me at the concert grounds," Jana murmured. "We're going to Volaysia. I'll explain when you get here." There, that'd get a fire under his butt, and it'd be easier for him to understand when he was here. "Kitten's been kidnapped."

...that, and he couldn't get away from her when she said he'd be a back-up dancer.

"..I'll be right there." Justin muttered before the phone clicked.

"You didn't tell him about the job he'd have to do." Sophie pointed out, squirming a little in Catalina's embrace. Why was she hanging off her like that? Not that it was unpleasant, she was softer than she looked.

"Neither did I, when I left the messages. Sheesh, I should have told you to call him from the beginning." Cat muttered with a roll of her eyes. "Still a love sick puppy with you, isn't he?"

"Yes," Jana sighed. "I wish he'd stop with it, but it is what it is, I suppose. Sometimes I think if I banged him one more time he'd be less weird," she huffed. "...Then maybe Eva'd get all possessive," she grinned widely, tapping her chin in thought.

...No, bad Jana. Very bad Jana.

Maybe she'd be punished for it. Ooh, that'd be fun...

"Not many problems banging doesn't solve. Right Sophie?" Catalina asked with a wink.

"What..?" Sophie asked as her face turned red. "I wouldn't know. I've never done it before." She could have if she wanted, but she didn't really. The only person she'd ever do it with didn't even like her that way...

"You're missing out, it's the best way to make boys do what you want. That's how Dujae is so tame." Cat smirked.

"Well, she doesn't need to with Mifune," Jana teased. "He's already wrapped around her finger. I bet he keeps those shades on so he can keep checking you out, you're a cutie, Sophie. I bet he likes you a lot."

"Maybe, but he's not really interested in me." Sophie said with a half smile. "I'm his boss, he doesn't want to have a relationship with his boss. Plus, having a boyfriend is bad publicity for a pop star. He cares about me too much to risk damaging my image. So it's strictly platonic for the two of us."

"Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me," Catalina muttered with the shake of her head. "Screw the people who turn on you just because you want to be a normal girl and date around. They aren't your real fans."

"Plus..." Jana murmured, poking her forehead with an affectionate smile. "How many popstars do you know that are risking their career and livelyhood to save their friends, huh? Come on, honey. We're not asking you to drop your panties right now. Trust me, he's interested. He's very interested. I get Komoku vibes from him, he's always near you, always watching other people. I doubt he does that just because you two are in a business relationship."

"...You guys really think so?" Sophie asked as she glanced over to Mifune.

"Totally, couldn't be anymore obvious to anyone except for you two." Catalina answered with a grin. "You should tell him how you feel and if he rejects you, just fire him. Like he's going to leave you alone if you do."

"That's mean, I don't want to blackmail him." Sophie whined with a pout.

"You won't have to," Jana laughed. "Trust me, Sophie. Just ask him, and ask him honestly." she said. "That's the important part, don't let him brush it off, let him give you an honest answer. He'll tell you the truth."

Mifune did not enjoy the looks she was giving him. What the hell were they talking about? Ugh...this was one thing that he knew would happen...influences.

"If he won't give you a direct answer, I can teach you a really good technique to squeeze it out of him." Catalina whispered to Sophie, who just blushed and shook her head.

"No, Cat. It's fine, I'll just...I'll ask him now while we're waiting on Justin." Sophie said as she sighed. She knew hew was looking their way too. She took a deep breath and marched over to Mifune with a determined expression.

Mifune was wondering, faintly...why Sophie looked at him like that. Subtly, he tilted his chin up to glance quite clearly at Cat and Jana, but more specifically...Cat. What in gods name did they tell her, and who did he need to beat up first? He took a faint breath, shifting off the side of the bus when Sophie came up.

"...What's up?" he asked curiously.

"Nothing." Sophie said awkwardly as she glanced back over her shoulder. Seeing Catalina give her a thumbs up was...less reassuring than she had hoped. "Just wanted to let you know we can go soon as soon as our back up dancer arrives. And well...there was something else I wanted to talk to you about." She took a deep breath and looked up at him again. How could she say it? What did she even want to say? Putting her feelings into words was...difficult.

"...Sure," Mifune said faintly, glancing up to the two girls who tried to act like they weren't paying attention. His expression was as neutral as ever as he nodded, opening the door to her bus. "Why don't we talk somewhere a little less nosy, then?" he suggested. Sophie was easy to read, but if it was this serious, he'd give it the time that it deserved.

"Sure." Sophie agreed weakly before climbing into the bus. She didn't know why, because she had been alone with him on the tour bus before, but now she was just more nervous. She sat down where she always did and waited for him to join her as well. How did it turn out like this? "I...wanted to talk to you about your personal life. If that's okay."

Mifune sat next to her, as he always did as he slid off his sunglasses to settle them on the table. Really, they were a buffer for a lot of things. He preferred them, it was mostly because her manager always said that he had too 'intense' of a look for a bodyguard. But in lots of ways, it was how he coped when his family practically disowned him for being different. Sophie was different though, he wasn't...the greatest at expressing feelings, or really being honest enough to matter.

"Sure," Mifune murmured. "I'm a little surprised you've not asked me sooner, to be honest. Especially since you've met my sister."

"I didn't think you'd want me to know." Sophie admitted. "Or even want to talk about it, but...why did you leave Turuga? Everyone seems love you hear, especially after you won the tournament."

Mifune snorted, resting his elbow on the table. "I wasn't very favored by my family, Sophie. They're all silversmiths. It was just a gift we always had, and I wasn't born with it. My parents hated me. I had nothing," he shrugged. "Kokoro got all of the talent, I was just a waste of time. Didn't matter what I could or couldn't do, they might as well should have called me something else," he muttered. "So when I left, I didn't tell anyone, why would they care where I went? I was just some lanky loser kid that nobody gave a shit about."

"Kokoro cares about you. So does Mei. I don't really know what it's like to be...a disappointment. I was never allowed to be with my talent, my parents just wouldn't allow it. I can't really imagine how you felt when you left, but now that you're here again...don't you miss it just a little?" Sophie asked as she rested her chin on the palm of her hand. This wasn't supposed to be what she wanted to talk about, but...she was curious.

Back
Top Bottom