Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"So do I," Dujae murmured. "...Speaking of, where is Kitten?" he asked curiously. She was usually up somewhat early, she enjoyed cooking breakfast.

"...Sleeping," Emma said, pausing a moment to glance at the two. "Isn't she?" Sometimes she slept in, and really...none of them complained that much when she was one of the two people that cooked. She was probably sleeping, but now Emma felt a twitch in her gut that made her grimace. "...Right?"

Catalina moved quickly to open the door to sejae's room before grimacing. Kitten wasn't there, so maybe she really was with Sejae? "I'll call her." Catalina mumbled as she moved towards the table to retrieve her phone. It didn't even ring, it went straight to voicemail. That never happened, not even when she was in school. "I can't get through. Ask Sejae if she's with him." Catalina urged Dujae. What in the world was happening?

Dujae glanced down at his phone a moment, nevertheless sending off a text he doubted would answer.

Sejae, where is Kitten? he asked. He really didn't think he'd respond, his brother had his broody serious moments and they were a complete and utter fucking pain to deal with.

Gone, Yoko took her, Dujae. Back to Volaysia. I'm getting her back. Whoa, whoa. What? Dujae blinked faintly, rising up out of his chair. "Cat, Emma, get dressed," he said quickly.

Sejae, where are you? he texted back quickly. The fuck are you doing, running off alone? This isn't the time to do this loner bullshit, come on, let us help!

Sorry, in and out. I'll be fine.

Sejae, come on! Where are you? he texted back, before there was nothing. He dug his heel into his eye, gritting his teeth in annoyance. Ugh, god dammit. Why? Why did he have to be such a fucking asshole about this? Did he think he was the only one who could save Kitten? She was their friend too, dammit!

She didn't have to ask Dujae why, she already knew something was wrong by the look of his face. Very wrong. She quickly moved into their room to get herself dressed in a pair of tight, black shorts and a loose tank top before moving back into the living room and slipping on her tennis shoes. "Where are they, Dujae? Where are we going?" She already had a feeling she knew the answer, but she needed to hear it from him. She never did like that Yoko girl.

"Volaysia," Dujae grumbled. "That fucking idiot."

"Whoa, hold on," Emma said quickly, shifting into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. "Like...Volaysia? The place north of here? You guys do know that they're not real happy with Turugan types, right? We're going to be eaten alive there."

"Not Sejae," Dujae sighed, fingers running through his red hair. "...Maybe we should tell Mei about this," he murmured. "She has a right to know as much as we do."

"Going out of town." Catalina snorted. "I can't believe we had to drag that information out of him, he's not the only one that cares about Kitten. Let's hurry up and tell Mei so we can catch up to him. I hope you have a passport, Emma." Fuck, this morning was turning out to be a mess, and Cat could only imagine how much Kitten struggled with that psycho bitch Yoko. She knew that she wouldn't go without saying goodbye, or at least telling them she'd be away for a while!

"Course I do," Emma sighed, arms crossing. "Does your brother always do something this stupid?"

"Not lately," Dujae grumbled. "Not since we joined the DC, anyway...hadn't had much reason to, come on, let's let Mei know. I'd rather not find my brother knee deep in dead kids over this." He wished he was joking about that, but sometimes, Sejae took things way too far, for no real reason.

They didn't have to go very far, since Mei spent every morning and evening at Komoku's bedside. Only leaving for her duties at DC for the day, and going home to sleep. By the time they got there, she was already collecting her things to leave. Seeing Dujae with Catalina and Emma was strange, because usually Sejae and Kitten were with them to see Komoku. By the looks of their faces, something was wrong.

"Are you three okay?" Mei asked softly when Catalina closed the door behind them. "...Where is Sejae? And Kitten?"

"Gone," Dujae admitted, shoulders slumping. All of the exhaustion of his brother being such a dickhead was clear in his posture. "To Volaysia, Kitten...she was taken, according to Sejae, by Yoko." he mumbled. "...I can't let him go in there alone, Mei. I gotta go get him before he does something really bad, and Sejae is really good at doing really bad shit." Dammit, if Komoku were awake...he'd know how to stop Sejae. But...he wasn't, they had to handle this this time, without their boss to cover it.

Mei blinked, at Dujae's statement. She didn't know anything about the connection between Yoko and Kitten, so naturally she was at a loss for words. Especially when she tried to figure out exactly why Yoko would kidnap Kitten against her will.

"Kitten said Yoko knew her, and she wanted her to go back to her country with her. Volaysia. That was the whole reason why she was in the tournament." Catalina told Mei to fill her in quickly.

"I see. I knew that she was here for something bad, but I'd never imagine she'd be here to take Kitten. Do you need my help getting there?" Mei asked with a frown. It would seem that she would never catch a break. "Are you guys really going to be okay by yourselves in enemy territory?"

"...Maybe," Dujae sighed, scratching his neck. "She'll know what we look like, I'm sure of it...chances are that'd be enough to make this really difficult for us, and Sejae. We might need a little help, Mei."

"What's going on?" Another voice cut in, followed by the lighter footsteps of the ever impressionable and wide eyed Sophie. Mei allowed them to roam about as they pleased, perhaps as gratitude for Mifune's victories. And Sophie, being Sophie, was in every single direction at all times. It was like herding an army of cats in one person. It seemed this place always had something going on that was good or bad. Mifune had never seen such bad luck in one building.

"Mifune...Sophie." Mei greeted stiffly as Sophie waved with a smile. "Kitten, the girl you fought in the finals, she's gone. Yoko took her."

"What?!" Sophie exclaimed in disbelief. "Well, where are the police? Why isn't an investigation being done?"

"It's more complicated than that, Sophie. She's not even in the country anymore. We think Yoko took her to Volyasia." Catalina explained to her. Sophie blinked and then looked towards Mifune.

"Don't we have a tour scheduled there in a few days?" She asked him curiously.

"We do," Mifune said faintly, hand on Sophie's head to shake it just a little. "And I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no. That place is worse than Turuga."

"Mifune, please," Dujae murmured. "My brother is in that fucking hellhole all alone, and if he really thinks Kitten was kidnapped, it's going to get real ugly, real fast."

"And I'm sorry," Mifune said flatly. "Really, I am. But you're also forgetting that Sophie is a celebrity, a very notable and popular celebrity. Using her to get in and if it got back to her, it'd be a lot of problems on a lot levels."

"But Mifune, we can't just not help." Sophie objected as she gently swatted his hand away.

"No, he's right. If you're seen in public hanging out with a bunch of thugs, Sophie, people will get the wrong idea. We'll figure out something else out ourselves." Catalina bitterly, shooting Mifune a dirty glare.

Mifune frowned a moment in irritation, arms crossing before letting out a long, drawn out sigh, looking all of them over. He could see Sophie's insistent gaze through the side of his face, she had gotten really attached to this group, hadn't she? It was kind of nice, really. Sophie didn't exactly have people she could call friends. "...How are you guys with dancing?"

"...Sorry?" Dujae blinked curiously.

"Dancing," he repeated faintly. He knew that if Sophie did this on her own, it'd be even worse. So...he guess he'd...ugh, he'd try to help. "We need back-up dancers, Sophie likes to hire locals sometimes with good talent, you guys are pretty graceful, I bet you could do it. Besides, Angel is already one, she's doing well. Think you can help her out? Cat, you'd do really well, I've seen you move first hand, you've got a real natural grace, it'd look good for us to have some more unique looking dancers, too."

"You can't be serious." Mei muttered in disbelief. It seemed odd that her cousin would suggest something so ridiculous, and she would have never believed something so ridiculous would come from his own mouth if she hadn't been standing in the same room.

"That's a great idea, Mifune! I would love it if you guys could perform! Just one show, please?!" Sophie asked with a huge grin. Catalina was silent before eyeing Emma and Dujae.

"I'm not against it, but the last time I danced was at my Quinceañera three years ago. I hope you have a good coordinator." She smirked.

"You want a way to get in without people noticing?" Mifune shrugged. "That's how. Nobody pays attention to back-up dancers, that's why they're the back up dancers. We head in to Volyasia, do the show, Sophie stays for some PR and we leave before anyone knows the wiser about it, but I'm sure it's not going to be easy."

"Uh...well," Dujae said, scratching his neck. "I guess I could..." Dancing? Shit, he didn't dance at all!

"Sure, why not?" Emma sighed, shrugging her shoulders. "Cat's gotten me into weirder situations."

"Mifune is going to be too busy to help you retrieve Kitten though. Volaysia is just as dangerous as Turuga, if not more. He'll need to be with her at all times." Mei told them as she crossed her arms.

"She's right, we still need someone to help us out." Catalina sighed. "Plus, how are we going to even find her? Or Sejae for that matter?"

"Take Jana, and ask her to bring Justin with you. You have enough room for two other dancers, right Sophie?" Mei asked.

"Yep, that should do it!" Sophie said with a big smile. "Having one male dancer would be weird in my opinion."

"...Are we...actually going to dance?" Dujae said warily, brows furrowed. "Like...for real? With...music and everything?"

"Yes," Mifune said dryly. "You want to get in quietly? We have to make it look real."

"I'm sure Jana will be excited, she seems to enjoy showing off," Emma snorted. Among other things... "Besides, you lot have been so glum lately, maybe some dancing will get you in a happier mood."

"Yeah, Dujae. It will be like dancing with me, only in front of people. And we'll just have our clothes on." Catalina winked at him before glancing back at Mei. "Are you sure we should ask Jana, though? She helps you run DC, right?"

"I'll be fine. Things have settled for a while. Everyone is still licking their wounds from the tournament." Mei said with a smile.

"Dunno if we could stop Jana from coming even if we wanted to," Dujae murmured. "She always liked Kitten a lot. Thanks, Mei...I owe you one, I just want to make sure the both of them are okay, and Sejae doesn't do...anything Sejae would do," he sighed heavily. Which was asking for the impossible, to be honest. When Sejae got this way, it was going to be a miracle to stop that mood.

"No problem, I'd get going if I were you before Sejae gets too far ahead. I'll call you if anything happens with Komoku." Mei said as she collected her things. "I have to get going back to HQ. I'm not sure if Jana is there."

"I have her number, you go on and do your thing." Catalina said, shooing her off. "Don't want to hold you up from your important business duties, and all."

"You're a peach, Mei," Dujae grinned, giving her a quick hug. "Keep that little baby happy, you hear? Uncle Dujae is going to teach him plenty of bad habits."

"God help us all," Emma said, rolling her eyes. "Let's get going, alright?"

"Well, guess we got our dancers," Mifune murmured, glancing at Sophie. He couldn't believe he was falling in line with this plan...

"Uhuh, I don't think I've met Justin before, though." Sophie stated curiously as she followed the group out.

"He's the muscly blonde guy that got beat up by Eva. I know you watched." Catalina reminded her. "He's good at finding people, but I'm not sure how much he can do without his sources here in Turuga."

"He's good on his own." Mei told her as she hurried ahead of them. "Good luck you guys. Bring Kitten home."

Jana had not expected the phone call she had gotten from Catalina. It was in part due to the context behind it, Sejae had left...Kitten had been kidnapped to Volaysia and now.

Back-up dancers? It made sense, honestly...and Mei knew Jana well enough that she probably would have went anyway. She didn't like leaving Mei alone to handle things if something went bad, but another part of her knew that they needed the help. Still, back-up dancers? Jana made her way to the tour bus, where Sophie's face was plastered across the side, there were a hundred different people loading things in and putting things away, and Jana immediately felt increasingly out of place in this mass of people.

...This was seriously the best plan they had for getting in?

Back
Top Bottom