Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"...I dunno," Mifune murmured faintly, but gripped the rail faintly to dive over the side. But there was only one way to find out. Not that Mifune was exactly close with the entire cadre of friends, he was fairly sure most of them thought he was weird, or creepy...not his problem, however. But this was a curious little turn in an otherwise violent spectacle. The crowd seemed to roar at Mifune's quick arrival, even as Kitten just stood there.

Mifune cleared his throat politely, glancing at her. "...So," he started somewhat awkwardly. "...What was that about?"

Kitten had so much going on through her head that she barely registered what Mifune said to her. She only shook her head and settled back into her stance again. This was Kokoro's brother, Mei's cousin. She didn't have to worry about her victory anymore, but that was somewhat distracting considering what she had just found out. Was any of this true? Could she really trust Yoko when no one even knew who she was? Volaysia, she knew where that was in her studies, but she knew nothing about the country other than it was relatively close to Turuga. She supposed it would be possible for her to be from there, but why hadn't her parents tried to look for her?

Ugh, she couldn't keep thinking about this. Not while she had a fight. It might not have mattered, but it would have been rude to Mifune if she couldn't pay attention to him. "Good luck." She told him, her eyes now focused as she pushed the thoughts away.

"Heh, alright then," Mifune murmured, a smile slipping across his face as he tugged off his glasses and stuffed them into his shirt to set it off to the side. "I see you need to clear your mind, what better way to do it than a nice fight?" he said, shoulders rolling as he settled into his stance. "Don't hold back now, I can take it." he promised easily. "I know you got some claws, kitty."

"I won't hold back, Catalina told me how good at fighting you are." Kitten said with a small smile before she tensed her legs and then launched herself forward at him. She would attack him directly to gauge how strong he was, if he could take her punch with all her strength behind it. Or perhaps he would dodge it if he sensed the force that was behind her small but deadly fist. Either way, his reaction would tell her all she needed to know on how to proceed with the fight.

Mifune shifted forward to meet her, jerking sharply to the right as her fist went wild, kicking up wind behind him. The movements were almost pinpoint, Adam barely saw the position shift until it was over, and Mifune had ample advantage to summon his energies, his arm tightening for a split second before he moved to punch her across the face. Woo, this girl wasn't joking, was she? She really was out for some blood!

That was fine, maybe a real fight would get his blood rolling for this stupid tournament.

Kitten reacted as soon as she missed her target. She followed his position, and she quickly withdrew her arm just in time to catch his punch. She winced when she did. It wasn't the initial part that hurt, it was whatever was behind it that did. It was...energy, but it was not visible. It wasn't like wind at all, as she was not being blown back by anything. She couldn't quite explain it, but she knew what she felt. That was what knocked Catalina out of the ring, she had to be careful. In the few seconds it took for her to deduce his technique, her body moved to counter attack as her stinging hand closed upon Mifune's tight enough to pull him forward as she sent her knee to his gut.

Mifune did not expect her to do that, in the slightest. It was a strange feeling to have such a tiny girl with such horribly deceptive strength shift his heels forward by a few inches to slam her knee into his gut. He felt the wind violently slam out of him as he let out a long grunt. She hit far harder than she had any right to as he jerked back, twisting his wrist to try and break free of her iron grip. It took every ounce of everything he had to not double over in pain, instead he shifted his foot sharply forward, kicking up dirt and wind.

Kitten let him go only to shield her eyes, plus her hand was hurting more than she wanted to admit and she could no longer keep hold of him. She had gotten in her blow anyway, and while she didn't make him flinch with her attack she could tell that she did some damage. When the dust settled, she glanced down to her hand for a second and saw that it was bruised. She had to avoid his attacks just as much as he had to avoid hers..

"Woo," Mifune huffed, rubbing his stomach. "You don't got claws, girl...you got a whole sword," That hit on his gut was going to be a nasty bruise, ugh. He'd have to ice that. "So I guess that's why Komoku had such trouble with you...you're a brute force kind of girl," he murmured, eyes narrowing. Now this? This was fun. Those impacts were like thunder to his bones, his blood was burning hot.

"I know that's not all you got," Mifune goaded. "Come on, Kitten. Clear your mind, I'm your only target." he said, bringing his foot down in a brutal axe-kick that slammed into the tiles in front of him and sent a shockwave of wind scattering across the ground.
--

"Your brother is insane," Adam muttered to Koroko, what the hell had happened to him? He was so bored and uninterested every other time, and now he was all kinds of lively.

Kitten already deduced what type of attacks he did, and the best answer to that was to not give him an opportunity to be on the offensive. She leaped far enough back to avoid most of the shock wave from his kick and then used both feet to propel herself forward much faster than she had done previously. She supposed she adopted her tactics from Catalina at some point while training, but the best advantage was to get him on the ground...and she was going for a tackle.

"I heard that, Adam! Mifune isn't insane, he's just direct!" Sophie told him as she moved closer towards the rails. This was the finals, Mifune was more fired up than she had ever seen him! He would definitely win!

"Maybe Kitten is just an opponent that he feels like he can go all out on." Kokoro commented, and while she was not as excited as Sophie seemed to be, the interest was apparent on her face.

Mifune caught her, digging his heels in with a grit of his teeth and starting to spin...and rather fast at that. Not this time! Oh no, he wasn't letting this freakishly strong pixie get the drop on him! He spun until he felt his vision was blurring and heaved with all of his might, he wasn't honestly quite sure what direction he was attempting to throw her, but he needed a minute to not puke when he was done.

...He...maybe should have thought that one through?

Kitten could only be happy that the trajectory of his throw was low enough for her to scratch at the ring to make sure that she didn't fall out of the arena. Her nails gave her enough time to position herself into a crouching stance. She then used her own element to create enough lava to keep her from sliding out of the ring. That was a close one...she had forgotten that she didn't have Catalina's weight behind her body slams.

Fortunately for her, because of the way she positioned herself, only the bottom of her pants and her shoes were scorched away. Had she tried that in any other position, it would have been last week all over again.

"Not a bad plan," Mifune smiled easily, cracking his knuckles as he tightened his fists a moment. "Shame you don't got the figure of your friend there, care to try again?" She wasn't just adaptive, she was very quick to respond. He could appreciate that.

Ugh, he was going to be hurting for weeks after this.

Kitten only smiled mischievously, her hands still on the singed arena beneath her. She didn't use her element very much, as it was dangerous...destructive. Normally, she didn't have to. However, she needed to create an opening...and for that, she needed a distraction. A geyser of lava beneath him would accomplish that...

Mifune felt it before he sensed it, but the smile was a dead giveaway that came with a deep feeling of dread. He glanced down and cursed, jerking furiously to the right as the geyser erupted in a flurry of heat, which caught his leg, and by extension, his pants all the way up to the waistband in a scatter of fabric. Mifune didn't notice it until he felt the brush of wind and the increasingly loud cheers and whistling.

"...That is way more of Mifune than I ever wanted to see," Adam groaned, eyes closing. Everyone just got the greatest look at the most casual 'cool' guy ever on the jumbo screen. It was no doubt important to know that he had a toned butt, and...god, he was so glad that Mifune covered his groin before he saw anything else!

Kokoro's eye twitched in irritation at the fans, and she pulled her focus away from her naked brother to Kitten. Surely she would take advantage of this opening she created for herself...

But..she didn't. Kitten's face just went bright red and she quickly looked away from her half naked opponent. She felt bad, especially because she knew how it felt. "I-I'm sorry I thought you'd dodge in time! I didn't mean to!"

"You used a move you thought I'd dodge in time?" Mifune sighed, adjusting himself properly a moment before simply tying the remainder in a half-assed knot. "You're a little too soft hearted for this fighting stuff, aren't you?" He was too much of a gentleman, he supposed, but now he had to shift his foot out of his remaining shoe. His tanned skin was looking a little red. He was lucky he did dodge it...that was going to burn otherwise...
--

"He's not attacking either?" Adam said curiously. This was a remarkably honorable fight given how things had been going.

"Of course, Mifune's a gentlemen." Sophie stated with a smile. She wished all of his clothes were burned off, but she wouldn't pretend to enjoy the sight of her half naked bodyguard around his sister.

"I...don't like hurting people unless necessary. I hope you aren't upset." Kitten said as she snuck a peak to see if he made himself halfway decent. Once he did, she stood up on her bare feet and shook her head. "Sorry, I use my element to scare people mostly..."

"Well, then I guess I scared you," Mifune said dryly. "If you wanted to see me naked, all you had to do was ask, you know." Hm, well, he wasn't going to play dirty like Jana, but he thought he could make her a little shy...
--
"Laying on the charm, huh?" Adam said faintly. Didn't know Mifune was like that.

"No, it really wasn't like that!" Kitten insisted as she shook her head frantically. Why did people always have to tease her?! It was bad enough that she really, really liked sex, if she ever looked at anyone like that besides Sejae she would start having naughty thoughts! "Come on, let's finish this. I know Mei wants this to be over, so...let's give this everything we have."

"You're the one trying to strip me," Mifune said, settling into his stance again. "These were my favorite pants, you know." Hm, all he needed was an opening, his muscles subtly tightening in preparation.

"I said I didn't mean to!" Kitten protested, but she kept her guard up. She needed him to come at her this time...there had to be an opening to his attack. Did it work like other elements? Was it a burst or could he continuously manipulate it?

Hm, not responding to the bluff, but she was being careful now, wasn't she? "I didn't figure," Mifune assured. Just what was she waiting on? He couldn't wait forever, he had to make a move, ugh...maybe not that one, or he'd be stuck in an awkward sitting position for a week. So he'd inch forward slowly and thrust out his hand in a shock-wave of energy. Maybe he just needed an opener...

Kitten knew that movement wasn't empty. It was hard to see, nearly impossible, but she saw his energy, rushing out in a straight line at first but spreading out as it traveled. Kitten moved to dodge, feeling the force violently surge passed her. If she didn't know what he was doing, she would have definitely gotten hit.

She saw it. Mifune wasn't quite sure how he knew, but it was a pretty solid guess. Turuga had better pray every day that she had the urges to fight like a sleepy kitten, otherwise this place would be a wreck and a half. He advanced, hurling out another with his second punch and then sending a much wider torrent of energy with a low sweep that kicked up a seeming foot of dust.
--
"Koko," Adam murmured, brow furrowed. "How in the world did your brother learn to do this?" He had never seen anything like it, and he was having a hard time just following what the fight was. If it wasn't for the dust that scattered around him, Adam would have just thought he was punching the air.

Back
Top Bottom