Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Kitten grimaced when she realized that this one would be harder to dodge, so instead of doing so, she used her lava to create a wall, hardening it just in time to take the impact of his energy. Well..most of it. It crumbled right away, mostly because she didn't have time to reinforce it, but it didn't matter. Distance was more dangerous than being close to him, so she immediately leapt forward through the soot and dust to close the gap between them, diving in for a low kick to his shins.

"I don't know." Kokoro answered honestly, her eyes glued to the arena. "When he couldn't manipulate silver like the rest of the family, we just assumed he didn't have any talents with his energy...turns out he made his own technique while he was away."

Mifune shifted his posture to the right, foot lifting up to avoid her kick before he spun around to kick her across the face with a burst of energy. God, even hitting her hurt. What the hell was she even made of?
--

"I'm starting to see why he's not too fond of your parents," he admitted, watching them duke it out. "Once he found out about this, I mean...maybe he always knew and he just never said? I'd probably never want to see them again either."

Kitten gritted her teeth when his foot connected with her cheek, and the forced caused her to slide back some inches away from him. Not only that,more vision when hazy for a second and it took a minute to gain her composure back before she charged at him again, balling her fist to strike him across the face to return the favor.

"It's possible...I don't know." Kokoro shrugged. "I doubt my parents would really care what kind of talent he has unless he could learn our family trade."

His arm tightened as he caught it, the impact was enough to scatter wind around his face as he tightened his fist around hers and returned her earlier favor, putting every inch of energy he could into his knee to slam into her stomach. Mifune wondered just how many people had ever beaten her, even fighting her was exhausting, he felt his knee throb just from the impact.
--

"Jeez," Adam muttered. "I don't think I've ever seen anyone keep up with Kitten like this."

Kitten could feel her feet literally come off the ground when he struck her in the stomach, and she barely could stand up when she felt the arena back underneath her. Before she knew it, her free arm was across her stomach as she gasped and sputtered for air. She wasn't used to being hit this hard, and maybe she should have came at him in a less direct manner, but it was too late for that now. She needed time to recover, so she pulled her hand free and staggered back a few inches as she tried to catch her breath desperately. What should she do?

"I think Mifune's about to finish this!" Sophie said excitedly. The crowd was cheering for him, but Kitten had her own fans that were cheering for her as well. Kokoro could already see that Kitten was almost done, and it was understandable. She wasn't a strategic fighter, she had always relied on instinct and her power. Now that her power was matched, and her instinct was being outsmarted, she would be defeated.

She wasn't going to brag about that being her own brother, but she felt pretty damn proud of him.

"Jeez," Mifune grunted, shifting on his leg. "What are you made of, girl? Concrete?" How did a girl that was so delicate looking get so built like that? Hit that hard? It was uncanny, either way, he wasn't going to drag this out, this was a fair fight and he'd make it quick. He sucked in a low, even breath drawing his hands together at his stomach before he shifted his arms forward sharply, his foot came down at the same time, and it seemed like an entire block of wind just went forward, scattering away debris and dust off the top of the arena.

If she hadn't just taken that hit to her stomach, she would have been able to dodge in time...but she couldn't move in time. She knew she couldn't, so she just braced herself for his attack.

It was over as soon as she got hit, no matter how ready she was she couldn't stop herself from flying out of the ring, and she was in too much pain to try and use her element. Her body felt like it just got hit with a truck, and once the grass touched her back she knew that she had lost. She laid there for a minute, her muscles aching and begging for rest. She wasn't really used to being defeated, but it didn't feel that bad that she lost against Mifune. As long as it was someone who wouldn't hurt Mei, it was okay...

The crowd roared in approval, after so much drama and fighting, it was all finally over. And it was certainly not the winner they were expecting as Mifune let out a long sigh and headed over to where she laid, offering his hand.

"Good fight," he smiled. "I'm going to consider it a good thing that you don't like fighting like the rest of us." He was going to be sore for a straight week, ugh.
--

"Huh," Adam mumbled, sitting back. "Well, at least everything's all back to normal, right?"

Kind of? Sort of?...Well, at least nothing would change?

Kitten smiled and took his hand, although it really, really hurt to move. "I did my best." She said quietly, although that was really debatable. Against someone like Eva Kishi, she'd be an entirely different person. Still, she had done what she had came here to do, and now she could go back to studying and...

She still had to figure out what to tell Yoko.

Sophie was already out of her seat, so fast that even Kokoro hadn't noticed she was gone. She probably wanted to congratulate Mifune, but hopefully she wouldn't be as stupid as to do so while the cameras were all over...him.

Kokoro sighed as she saw Sophie make a beeline right for Mifune in front of everyone, practically jumping into his arms to embrace him. She hit him so hard her hat came off, and her sunglasses slumped over her nose. "Mifune, you were so awesome!" She cried out.

Of course in that moment, the person who was filming the entire thing really wanted to get a close up on her face, and it didn't take long for people in the crowd to recognize exactly who she was.

...This would be a disaster.

Adam smacked his forehead with a faint groan as the crowd went deathly quiet and Mifune muttered a faint curse of irritation, his broad arms slipping around her to pull her closer to his very bare, very muscular chest. "Sophie!" he hissed, and then it went into chaos. People were crying like the fangirls that Sophie could make in a mere moment's notice. Mifune was friends with Sophie!? That just made it all more chaotic.

Mifune kept her close and darted out of the arena, even as the cameras trailed after them. Oh, man...he knew this was a bad idea!

Kitten slipped away back to the stands to avoid being trampled by Sophie's fans and the sudden group of paparazzi who revealed themselves. She was glad that it was over, but her problem was still there. Perhaps if she spoke to Sejae, she could make up her mind...but she was so used to people telling her what to do that she didn't want his opinion to sway hers. She needed to figure this out herself, she needed to come to a decision on her own. Leaving Turuga, the only place she knew and leaving the only people she knew sounded scary. She loved Sejae, Cat, and all her friends. How could she go back to being Renata and not even have a memory of who she used to be?

It wasn't long before she found Sejae, and she gave him a sheepish smile. "Sorry I lost." Was all she could say, and it wasn't hard to see that something was clearly bothering her.

"You did fine," Sejae assured easily, arm around her shoulder to pull him in. "Gotta say, that Mifune guy is something else...I sure didn't expect that outcome."

"Yeah, you did great," Dujae grinned. "That guy was just...I dunno, I've never seen anything like that. Nice plan on trying to get him naked, giving the ladies something to stare at, eh?" Dujae smirked, nudging him. "He's a pretty good looker, huh, Kitten?"

"That wasn't the plan! He wasn't fast enough!" Kitten objected as Catalina shoved Dujae to the side.

"Stop teasing her! Kitten didn't need dirty tricks to win. What she needed was to use her technique. If you don't like using the one you have, maybe you should try learning something else? You were totally at a disadvantage because sexy muscles used nothing but his technique. Whatever it was, I had a hard time fighting with it too." Catalina smirked. "Although I agree, he is nice to look at."

"I wouldn't know. I just did my best and I lost. He won fair and square." Kitten only wrapped her arms around Sejae and smiled. This always felt so nice...being with the three of them. How could she leave this behind?

"Uh huh," Sejae said in amusement, ruffling her hair. "You got a little bit flushed when is pants dropped, Kitten. Guess you're a worse pervert than Cat."

"That's a hard cliff to climb, too," Dujae nodded sagely, rubbing his head with a sigh. "Cat's a freak."

Kitten only sighed as Catalina grinned proudly. "I sure am, and you like every second of it." She told Dujae before glancing back over to Kitten. She had a small smile on her face, but she looked...different. Like she was only half paying attention to them. Was she upset about losing the tournament or something?

Sejae had noticed it too, but only gave her a gentle rub on her side in a silent question, glancing at her. "Everything okay?" he asked quieter. It wasn't like her to be so...not happy? She had never lost a smile on her face since everything happened. She was enjoying school, enjoying everything. What had Mifune done to change that?

Kitten should have known that they would notice that she was off right away, and she felt obligated to answer her boyfriend. "It's...Yoko. She said she knew me." Kitten answered quietly.

"...Yoko? How?" Sejae said, brow raised. "What did she say, Kitten?" How did anyone know her? Wasn't that...good news? "Is that why she left the ring?"

'Yes...she said she only entered the tournament so she could talk to me, that she didn't want to fight. She said we were best friends in some other country...Volaysia? So that means I'm not from Turuga...according to her story." Kitten explained, but she didn't seem to happy about it. Clearly, she was confused.

"Volaysia..?" Catalina repeated with a raised eyebrow. She had heard of the country, it was relatively new even compared to Turuga. "Well, did she tell you your name? Does anything she said sound familiar to you?"

"She said my name is Renata Jaeger, but I don't really recognize it or her. I don't know if she's telling the truth. She wants me to come home with her." Kitten admitted finally. She didn't want to tell them at first, but how could she not? These were her closest friends.

"Come home?" Sejae murmured faintly. "Kitten, if you don't remember anything there...then what is there to go home to? Did she say you had family there?" he asked. "Anything other than that?" Why would this girl press her so much, of all people?

"She said my mom and dad were waiting for me." Kitten answered before shaking her head. "I don't understand why they didn't look for me, if they knew where I was. She did, so..."

"So they should come here instead." Catalina stated with a frown. This should have been great news, but Yoko was the last person she trusted after seeing what she did in her fights. There was something wrong with her, she was sadistic, and most of all she was dangerous.

"I don't buy this," Sejae murmured. "I don't trust it either, but...what do you want to do, Kitten?" he asked after a moment, squeezing her hands. "Do you want to go?" Was it worth seeing parents who didn't look for her? But maybe they didn't know? Kitten didn't even know her real name, so what were they supposed to say?

"I..don't think so." Kitten sighed as she squeezed his hands. "I don't want to leave you guys and go to a place I don't remember. I'm happy being here. Not to say that I'm not..curious."

"We can always just plan a trip out of the country later. It's not like we don't have connections." Catalina suggested with a smile. She knew that Kitten was curious about her family, and that she would eventually want to meet them. Doing so with a stranger is what didn't sound appealing to her. She wanted to stay with what was familiar, she had a hard time adapting to changes.

"Yeah, once everything dies down, we can have a road trip!" Dujae grinned. "Why not? Could be fun. Never been to Volasiya, but I bet there's something cool going on if you used to be from there, Kitten." Sejae nodded, although it was after a moment of thought. Why in the world would anyone come here for that...? How did she even know she was here? Something didn't add up.

"Sure, I'd like that...I could go if you all came with me." Kitten said with a smile. She knew that Yoko didn't seem to accept her friends, so there was no point in trying to negotiate. She would just say no to her, and organize the trip herself later on when she felt ready. She noticed that Sejae seemed to be deep in thought about something, suspicious maybe. She moved to give him a hug, pressing her face against his bare chest. "I won't go with her." She assured him as she squeezed him tightly.

Back
Top Bottom