Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Better," Jana murmured, slipping up to embrace her friend tightly. For both of their sakes anyway, she rested her chin against her shoulder a moment, rubbing her back. "...how you holding up, sweetie? You doing okay?"

"Not really," Mei said with a sigh as she slipped her arms around her and held her tightly. "I'm really angry...I know that Mina Kishi was behind this, Jana. I want to find that woman and make her confess that. This is unforgivable...kidnapping me was one thing, but I can't just turned a blind eye to this. She's lost the tournament, but she won't stop torturing me or Komoku unless she gets her way. I have to get proof that she's behind this, and I doubt Eva knows anything..." It was dangerous, sure. She saw what Luce did to Komoku, but...how could she not go after her?

Jana's brow furrowed faintly, leaning back a little. "...Justin could dig around a little," she suggested after a moment. "I mean, this Luce girl had to come from somewhere, right? Maybe if we start there, we could find something out." It was worth a shot, wasn't it?

"Yeah, and I don't think we'd have anything on her in the DC records. Would you mind asking Justin to look into it? I need to talk to Aiden..." If anything, he'd be honest.

"Sure," Jana smiled. "He's in the waiting room at the moment, he and Eva had a bit of an argument as usual before they drugged her out," she chuckled. "Ah...well, at least they care, you know?" Somehow, she still wasn't quite sure how they got along.

"How very like them," Mei said with a smirk as she glanced at Eva. Despite them being her enemy at the beginning, Mei had a chance to get to know them. Eva, more than Aiden, but even so, she didn't see them as her enemy anymore. It was just their mother...and it was clear that they were probably done with her bullshit. "Did you want me to stay here a little longer with you? My conversation with Aiden can wait if you need me."

"It'd be nice," Jana admitted. "But this thing with Komoku...I don't like it, Mei," she continued faintly. "We can wait, alright? Make sure your boy isn't wrapped up in some crazy bullshit, okay? and if he is, I'm going to help you make it right. I promise. I know Aiden will help if he knows anything."

"Thank you, Jana." Mei said before pulling her into another embrace. "What about the girl who did this to Eva? Are you going to let it go?" Maybe that's what Aiden and Eva were arguing about...who knew with those two?

"No," Jana murmured, brow furrowed. "But my hands are kind of tied right now, Mei...I've had Justin do some surface scanning, but he's not picking up much, she's definitely not around here, and I swear, she called Kitten something else, Ren." she muttered, arms crossing in thought. "But I'm not even sure...I almost think I misheard her."

"Hmm. If she knows Kitten, then she could be after her...I know Kitten can handle herself, but we need to watch her. God forbid we have another stranger only participating in the tournament to get to one specific person. Plus, we still don't know exactly what she's capable of. I have a feeling she wasn't being as serious as she could have been with Eva..." Mei sighed. She knew this entire thing was a horrible idea, but she didn't imagine that it would be this bad.

"Yeah, well...one step at a time, okay?" Jana smiled. "Go see what you can find out from Aiden, we'll go from there. Hopefully he knows something." He seemed a little out of sorts today, then again...Eva kind of did too. Maybe they didn't think their Mom would go to this length?

"Alright," Mei gave Jana a small smile. Even though she was stressed out, there was just something about being around her best friend that made her feel better. "When Eva wakes up, tell her she's in good hands here. I'll ask my dad to be there for her surgery after he's finished with Komoku." Mei gave her a peck on the cheek before leaving and heading to the waiting room to look for Aiden.

Truth be told, there wasn't a whole lot for any of them to do but sit around and wait for good news about his surgery. Sejae and Dujae, at the very least...were probably not going anywhere unless they had to. Sejae seemed to have calmed down quite a bit, but Dujae was bouncing on his heels, as he usually was. Aiden was a respectful distance away, head facing ceiling with his eyes closed. He knew what they were thinking, and if Aiden was in their shoes, he'd think the same thing.

"Dujae," Sejae muttered in irritation. The creak of the chair starting to sink into his nerves. "Calm the fuck down, alright? Get up and walk if you need to chill out."

"Sorry," he grumbled, changing his sitting position, then again, and again. Like a puppy who lost his favorite spot. Sejae closed his eyes faintly, pinching the bridge of his nose. He understood, and he couldn't be angry. It was a...unique situation for everyone, and really...Aiden was just here for his sister. But there were questions, a hundred of them.

Catalina moved to hold Dujae's hand in support, but she did not say a word. She was unusually quiet, perhaps because she understood how hard it must have been for the two of them. Kitten however, moved to Sejae and held his arm to her chest.

"It's okay, Sejae." She said soothingly. "Komoku will be okay." Her words were saying one thing, but her eyes were pleading for him to calm down. She could see that he was very agitated. With good reason, but it wasn't exactly what anyone needed right now.

Mei came down the hall and as soon as she saw the others, she decided it was best to speak somewhere else. "Aiden, may I have a word with you outside?" Mei asked quietly.

"Yeah, sure," Aiden murmured, almost immediately shifting out of his chair. Sejae squeezed her hand with a faint smile, but he leaned back all the while and exhaled. Being angry did nobody anything, but Aiden knew that his presense was just...and awkward stain on everything. Truth be told, he wasn't really sure what to tell them, even if it mattered or not. He jammed his hands into his jacket pockets, grateful for the outside air with a faint huff.

"...What's up?" he asked after a long while, glancing at her.

Mei sighed a bit, glancing away before looking back into his eyes. "I don't want to accuse you of doing anything wrong, but even an idiot could see that what happened to Komoku wasn't a coincidence. If you know anything about that girl, please tell me. I won't say anything to anyone else."

"That's the same look his friends have been giving me," Aiden sighed, shrugging his shoulders. "My Mom...you know, she's something else, right? Just like Dad, always likes having everything in line, every little duck in it's row...you don't play right, you're not in the row." he mumbled. "She hasn't talked to us since we started talking to you guys, Mei. Eva is practically dead to her. Trust me, if I would have known this would have been the result of me losing, I would have tried harder against Komoku. She doesn't like it that Eva and I aren't very upset about Dad's death."

"I know," Mei said with a sigh as she rain her fingers through her hair. "I know that you or Eva don't know anything. Ever since you two helped Jana find me, I figured she'd stop letting you both in. Still, I don't know where to start looking...Jana is going to have Justin look into it, but I need to do something to. I need to find that girl and make her tell me the truth...your mother will never leave us alone if we keep letting her do things like this."

"I'll talk to my mother," Aiden murmured, eyes narrowed faintly. "I've got a few things to discuss with her anyway...on a possibly unrelated note..." he said, shooting her a slightly awkward grin. "You...wouldn't happen to know a place where I could stay, would you?"

Mei blinked at his request, but it made sense. Eva practically lived with them now, and whenever she wasn't sleeping in Jana's room she doubted that she was going home. "Umm, I have a really comfortable couch until we can figure something out." She said, returning his awkward grin. "Look, you really don't have to do this if you don't want to, Aiden. I really...can't imagine being so indifferent to both of my parents like you two seem to be."

"This is different, Mei," Aiden murmured, that grin fading away after a moment to glance off into the distance. "...My Mom's always been kind of...well, evil," he sighed. "But she always took care of us, this whole mess with Dad, I don't know, it flipped some kind of switch in her head that broke off." he muttered. "We went along with her plans because it was just a bunch of posturing anyway, we never cared about this place, we grew up in Germany, we barely even knew what 'Turuga' was. Then she finds out Dad died, which I don't even know why it bothered her so much," Aiden muttered. "Now she doesn't care that Eva got hurt and she's putting people in intensive care, this is too much."

"I'm going to stop her..." Mei promised, her eyes resolute. "I don't know how, but I will, Aiden. I will probably have to get the adults involved. If the Council ignores me, I'll just get the police involved. Or my mom or something, I don't know. First I have to find that Luce girl, though. I need to get..some kind of proof before I go to anyone." She sighed, because she knew that even if Mina Kishi had a screw or two loose, she would cover her tracks accordingly. Which is why she hired some stranger nobody knew anything about to do this to Komoku...

"I don't know who Luce is either, but I do know a little of how Mom operates," Aiden murmured. "Chances are, this Luce girl had something Mom could hang over her head, something to make her do something like this, you know? Status is big to her, people beneath her aren't important...which, you can imagine how well that went over with Eva starting to date Jana." he said, letting out a long sigh. "She's a keeper, you know that? Eva usually dates people like tissues. Has her fun and leaves, something about Jana's making her stick around a little longer...so I'd like to help, Mei. I know your friends don't trust either of us, but even if they don't, we wouldn't do this, not even Eva would do this sort of thing, at her worst."

"I believe you," Mei told him with a sigh. "I'm sorry about my friends...they just don't know you both very well. Plus, you're like the only person around they can blame for this, you know? They'll come around, eventually." She glanced over to the waiting room and shrugged a bit. "Anyways, you and Eva should get along better if you're both going to start living in the same place again. She's practically already moved into Jana's room." Mei smiled at that. He was right, it didn't seem like Eva was going anywhere and Jana really did love her. She was glad that Jana had found someone that was loyal to her, who treated her like more than toy. She deserved it, truly.

"I'll deal with them," Aiden said easily. "I don't blame them for being mad, I would be too...my name is a bad illness on this town," he murmured. "Anyway, I'll...see what I can do, but no promises," he sighed. "My mother is stubborn to the extreme, she always has been. I'll do everything I can to make it work, I'm an excellent cook, and I know how to clean," he said resolutely. No doubt because Eva was a lazy slug when she wasn't fighting or having sex...

Back
Top Bottom