Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Better than you? I look forward to it." Mei said as she placed the bag of food down and went to get plates. "You know, you should really visit her. She wants to see you. And if you don't do it soon you're just going to make her more upset."

Eva was already shuffling into the room like a zombie with Jana at her side. She couldn't do anything until she ate...she couldn't even talk. She just wanted food.

"Yeah, yeah..." Komoku sighed as Jana playfully lead Eva to a seat before she killed herself from her overdramatic hunger pangs. Honestly, the girl could be a little less morose when she wasn't starving, while Komoku popped open his container greedily. "So uh...you talked to Anutie Roku, huh? How's she doing?"

"She's doing well. But she definitely misses you and Masami." Mei told him as she passed out the plates and chop sticks, giving Jana and Eva a smile to acknowledge them. Not that Eva was looking at anything other than the containers in the middle of the table. "You didn't tell me she speaks Japanese. Why didn't you learn?"

"Because I didn't know she did?" Komoku said curiously, already halfway into a mouthful of delicious, perfect lo-mien. "How do you know that?"

"She was talking to some guy there in Japanese. It's odd that you've never heard her speak Japanese before if she talks to her some of her customers in that language." Mei said as she pushed Eva and Jana's portions over to them. Eva didn't even bother to figure out whether or not her she got chicken or beef lo mein. It was barely on her plate before she started eating.

"I dunno," Komoku shrugged, slurping up another line of noodles as he chewed. "Maybe it was Old Man's old customers, or somethin'? He was hardcore Japanese," he said, swallowing down a mouthful with a pleased sigh, licking his lips. There was nothing like Auntie Roku's cooking.

"Maybe. Anyways I told her about the baby." Mei told him as she finally got around to her food. One bite and she understood exactly why Komoku was the chef that he was. This was really delicious!

"Yeah?" Komoku said, halfway into another bite. "What'd uh...what'd she say?" he asked warily. Sometimes, he never knew what would get Aunt Roku into one of her moods, especially not getting someone pregnant of all things.

"Let's just say she wasn't very surprised." Mei answered with a sheepish smile. "Like everyone else who knows you." There had been more to the conversation than that, but he didn't need to know everything she had said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Komoku said dryly, brow raised.

"I think she's referring to the fact that you like having sex and getting women pregnant seems to turn you on," Jana remarked, smirking.

"That is completely untrue, I like having sex and I like getting Mei pregnant, big difference," Komoku sniffed, hard to look snooty and arrogant when you were swallowing down mouthfuls too large to get in one bite.

"If you added my name in their twice, that would have been sweet." Mei teased before shaking her head. "The food isn't going anywhere...you and Eva are eating like animals!" At least Eva wasn't talking with her mouth full. But then again she wasn't doing much of anything except eating...it was like none of them were even there.

"Don't mind Eva," Jana smirked. "She's like a trash disposal until she's full, doesn't do anything else." she sighed. "Well, that and sex, for the most part."

"She's a zombie trash disposal. Can she even hear us right now?" Mei asked with a slightly amused expression.

"Sure can. You guys just talk to much." Eva sniffed between bites before she continued to shove food into her mouth. They had no idea how hungry she got after she used up her energy. She needed sustenance to get her fire back.

"You're just not social enough, Eva," Jana smirked. "Adrian told me that you only like dealing with people who you can beat up and have sex with."

"Aiden is a fool." Eva started after she swallowed her food, thankfully. "I deal with people who interest me. But even those people know not to try to talk to me when I'm hungry and I'm eating good food." She grinned. "I'll pay attention to your silly little conversation in a minute. I'm almost done."

"Uh huh," Jana laughed. "So I guess all the other things he told me aren't true either, huh?" Jana knew how to play dirty, that...and she was just curious how Eva was when she wasn't around.

"Nope, so stop talking to my brother. I don't want him trying to steal you away from me." Eva was only half kidding. Honestly she didn't know what her brothers interests were when it came to females.

"Speaking of which...did you check on him?" Mei asked with mild curiosity as Eva finished her dinner.

"After the fight. He was fine. I've seen him in worse condition...usually because of me." Eva answered as she leaned back in her chair. That was good, but she could probably eat more if she wanted to.

"What do you mean, worse condition?" Komoku groused. "I fucking slammed him into the goddamn dirt, what kind of problems do you make him get into if he's worse off after?" He felt insulted! He put everything into that fight and he STILL wasn't the top injury?

"I pissed off the wrong person once." Eva answered with a shrug. "I mean, if it makes you feel better it's been a long time since I saw him that injured? Geeze, men and your egos.."

"It's not an ego thing!" Komoku sniffed. "I just know I hit goddamn hard, that's all!"

Totally an ego thing, even his annoyed jabbing at the bottom of his carton practically breathed it. Who in the hell hit harder than him?

"Yes, you do. You hit hard enough to break my ice." Mei said as she reached over and rubbed his arm. "It's fine, I'm sure he's really going to feel it later."

"Waahh." Eva mocked with a grin. "What a baby. Stop spoiling him, Mei."

Jana flicked Eva's ear with a faint huff. "Coming from you, that's hilarious," she smirked. "Or do we need to talk about how I spoil you, Eva?"

"Yes, yes we do," Komoku grumbled. "Because I think she's as spoiled as Mei is."

"Hmph, you choose to spoil me. I don't sulk like a puppy dog every time my ego gets a little bruised. Then again, it's been a while since anyone has given me a real challenge. I hope my next fight is fun!" Eva glanced at Mei with a smile. "You know who I'm up against?"

"Yeah, I do...you got matched up with Yoko." Mei told her as she went back to nibbling on her food. She wasn't even half way done yet.

"Yoko...one of the new girls I've never seen around? That could be interesting." But not interesting enough to get her fire going. Eva had watched her fights and they were horrendously one sided. She didn't know what this Yoko was capable of just yet.

"Bleh," Komoku grumbled, licking his lips. "She gives me a bad feeling, I dunno how to describe it," he mused. "But I don't like it, so be careful, Eva."

"She better be," Jana remarked dryly. "Or else."

"Oh yeah? She doesn't give me any feeling at all when I see her. So I was planning on being careful anyways." Eva said with a shrug. "How did she even win her last round? I was asleep so I didn't get to watch it."

"Nicholas threw the match against her. He didn't even try to put up a fight." Mei answered as she took another small bite of her food. "So we didn't even get to see what she was capable of against a higher level opponent."

Back
Top Bottom