Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Reminds me of a good brawl I had when I was younger," he grinned lazily. "Ah, memories...you know? Don't worry, the kid's probably fine. Those blood users have some weird stamina about this sort of thing."

"It doesn't really bother me when I'm in a fight. You don't notice those things...really. But without the adrenaline, blood makes me squeamish." Mei muttered as she kept her eyes on her lap.

"How did you even manage to be on DC like that?" Komoku smirked. "Did you carry a lot of disinfecting wipes?"

"Yes..what does that have to do with anything?" Mei asked with a pout. Why did he always have to be so mean about everything?

"Nothing," he laughed. "Nothing at all, sweetheart. When can we go home? I'm tired of being in this shitty bed." he grumbled.

Mei glanced over to the TV and then nodded, pulling out her phone. She'd have the announcement made on when the tournament would resume. Right now she just wanted to go home and sleep. Just watching all the fighting was exhausting.

Well, it was not the victorious exit that everyone was undoutably hoping for, but any fight you could walk away from, right? Masami wasn't too roughed up, considering she went to school with Kitten and they had bonded over time. She did have a fairly nasty bruise on her cheek from a stray jab that Masami wasn't expecting, even playing, Kitten hit like a truck. Jana was feeling better, her skin was still a little tender, but the nausea had died down a lot.

"Boy, the lot of you look like the bad end to a horror movie," Melanie smirked, arms crossing as she waited for them outside. "Megumi said I should offer to drive some of you kids home, if you want it."

"That'd be nice," Dujae admitted. Especially now that they apparently had a roomate in Emma, supposedly.

"And here I thought I'd make Dujae carry me home." Catalina said with a smirk. She was fine..Emma hit like a truck but the bruises would heal by the time they resumed the tournament. And the internal bleeding would stop. Yeah..

"How's mom doing?" Mei asked Mel with a hint of concern in her voice. It almost felt like she was avoiding her...even though she had came to help out with the injuries today Mei didn't see her once.

"She's doing, hun," Mel sighed. "I don't think she's really figured it out herself yet, to be honest. Your Mom's a warrior, though. She used to terrify these streets, she'll be okay. This was good for her, she needed something to do." she assured. "She doesn't want to bother you right now, you know how she gets." she said, opening the van. Ugh, the van. The van was so not her car, but Megumi insisted.

"Yeah, but..." They really hadn't spoke since everything happened with her father. Her father hadn't even bothered to reach out to her for an apology. She was trying hard to leave it alone..it was none of her business. But she was still worried. "I guess I'll just wait for her to visit." She muttered as they started to pile into the van.

"Sometimes it's okay to be the nosy daughter, sweetheart," Mel smiled as they all got comfortable, Komoku sat towards the end, arm casual around Mei.

"Yeah," he sniffed. "Besides, you're nosy anyway, what's it matter if it's your Mom?"

"Well, I thought that she might want to be alone." Mei muttered as the door shut once everyone was inside. "I mean...I don't know if her and dad are taking a break from each other. I don't really know what's going on at all. But I think she's still upset with him for what he said to me."

"There's never going to be a time where she isn't upset about that, Mei," she sighed, leaning back. "You're her world, no matter how you think it is. She gave up a lot to raise you, and you'll always be her girl, no matter what happens."

"Yeah...I guess so." Mei muttered as she looked out the window. What really was going on with her parents? She needed answers, maybe she would go see her mom soon.

"You sure you're going to be okay, Komoku?" Dujae said curiously as they headed towards Mei's place, perhaps Mel just knew that he'd be there anyway...that, and Komoku hadn't been at his joint for months now. "I've not seen you so roughed up before, at least...not recently?"

"What, this?" Komoku waved off. "Pah, I'll be on my feet next-" Oh, there was a pothole, one that made Komoku grunt heavily, and almost all the color drained from his face. "...week." Ow.

"I'll take care of him. He'll be fine in time for his next fight." Mei said with a smile. He always had to talk so big, but she knew when he was hurt. Lucky for him he healed fast. Freakishly so.

"Baby." Catalina teased...as if she didn't groan a little when they hit that pothole too.

"Uh huh," Dujae said flatly, prodding her side gently. "You and Emma are about as bad as he is, you know."

"Don't blame us for you being a pussy, Dujae," Emma sniffed.

"Exactly," Komoku sighed. "I keep tellin' him that, him and Sejae are always whining about pain."

"Psh, Sejae doesn't whine about anything, ever," Dujae smirked. "The only time he complains is when I'm around."

"Sejae doesn't whine. Even when he had that broken arm." Kitten grumbled as she held onto Sejae tightly.

"Yeah, I'd have to agree with you babe. Kitten too. The only one I hear whining is you. Even when you're as healthy as a horse." Catalina smirked.

"What? Come on! Sejae!" Dujae huffed. "I'm not that bad!"

"You're whining right now," Sejae chuckled, rubbing Kitten's arm fondly. "Stop proving their point, Dujae. You whined when you finally got a girlfriend, too,"

"...Well, I felt that was justified," Dujae sniffed. "Not every day a woman wrestles me to the ground,"

"And you get a boner from it," Komoku said dryly. "Freak,"

"Sure does. Nothing gets his blood boiling faster. Even if he pretends like he doesn't enjoy it." Catalina smirked and then ran her hand over his leg. "I know what will stop your whining. How about I wrestle you a little right now?"

"Please don't." Mei said with a tired voice as she rolled her eyes.

"What? Come on! None of us complained when you sucked Komoku's dick under the table, Mei!" Cat retorted with a huff. Mei didn't say a thing, but the look on her face...and the color of her cheeks said it all.

"She's got a point," Komoku grinned lazily. "You're a little loose with some booze in your system, sweetheart."

"Just like your mother," Mel put in with a heavy laugh as they pulled up to the condominium "So much like your mother, oh my. I can't wait to tell her that."

"You're definitely Jana's mom," Sejae grinned, before being slugged firmly on the arm by Jana with a frown.

"And just what does that mean, huh?" she muttered sharply as Sejae rubbed his arm with a chuckle.

"I was just joking! Jeez..." Sejae grumbled. It was a compliment!

"Are you okay, Sejae?" Kitten asked with a frown. So doting, then again it seemed like Kitten thought everyone was a piece of glass compared to her.

"He's a tough guy. He can take a punch. He fought you, didn't he?" Catalina smiled at Kitten. "You worry too much."

"I..I know he can handle it. I just...wanted to make sure he was okay because I did hurt him a little when we were fighting." Kitten still felt bad for that.

"I'm fine, Kitten," Sejae chuckled. "If I couldn't handle dealing with girls being so touchy, I'd probably be dead by now."

"No kidding," Dujae said flatly. "You've had some bad dating choices in the past, bro."

"Ooh yes," Komoku grinned, sitting up a little. "We should have a Sejae storytime, sometime."

"No, no we shouldn't," Sejae said cooly. "I'm not bringing out your dirty laundry, am I?"

It took Komoku a while to remember that they hadn't...always been on the 'good side', had they? There was a faint silence after that as Mel parked the car. Guess he was losing his edge, or maybe he was fine with that, maybe he wasn't. Ugh, this is why he hated being injured, too much thinking.

"I think the only one here who doesn't have dirty laundry is Mei, hmm? Little miss perfect." Catalina snorted as she took off her seat belt. "Those perfectly manicured hands have never seen an ounce of dirt, have they?"

"Maybe not the kind you're thinking of. But I'm far from perfect, Catalina." Mei admitted as she moved out of her seat. Something the old her would have never admitted. She had done some bad things...things that she thought was for the better of DC. There was a reason why Kokoro had a grudge against her for so long...and there were others out there too that still did.

"She had a picture that was slightly off angled in our old room once," Jana said, as if it was the most scandalous thing in the world. "I had never been so horrified in my life." she smirked as Jana, Eva and Komoku...with Mei's help, slid out of the van.

"You guys wanna hang out?" Komoku offered, almost a silent plea. Sometimes Mei could get a little aggressive with her...love.

"Nah," Dujae grinned. "I got two cranky women to get yelled at by,"

"He's trained well," Emma said dryly. "How long did it take for him to get that?"

"Not nearly as long as you think it would have," Sejae said flatly.

Back
Top Bottom