Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Mifune rubbed his neck a little awkwardly as he cleared his throat. "Well," he decided. "I think it's time we got out of here, Sophie. It's been a long day, and your manager is going to kill me when he finds out we've been out here doing this."

"There are still some fights left though!" Sophie whined. He had successfully changed the topic and now she was completely focused on something else. "Besides, everyone is hurt! Don't you want to see how they're doing?"

"Yes, we can see them on the way out," Mifune promised, hand on her shoulder. "Come on, let's go see them...I'll see you later, Sis." Saved by her one track mind...

"I'll be here again to watch your next fight." Kokoro told him with a smile. "But you can drop by anytime for a meal. Or tea. Adam has been overeating because I keep making too much food."

"Can we come for breakfast then? I don't have anything to do until later tomorrow." Sophie asked Mifune as she tugged on his jacket. She had practice tomorrow and she'd be bummed out they were going to continue on with the tournament tomorrow. But how could they when everyone was kind of beaten up?

"We will," Mifune promised with a faint smile, both to her and Sophie. "Thanks, I'll give you a call later, alright?" This wasn't as terrible as he thought, it was...nice seeing Koko so happy.

As much as Mei really wished she was out there giving Jana the support she needed, she was with Komoku at his bedside. She was watching the fights from inside...and she was proud of Jana for defeating Blake the way she did...even if there were some spectators that weren't quite as amused. Masami and Kitten were fighting next after Nicholas decided to forfeit his match against the newcomer...which was strange. But at least this fight wouldn't be as serious as the others had been.

She continued to hold Komoku's hand as he rested. He would definitely need some time to recover from this...

"Ugh..." Komoku grumbled, rubbing his forehead. He had been in and out of it ever since he came to the bed. Everything ached in the most unpleasant of ways. The painkillers were helping, somewhat. But there was some pain that he just couldn't get over. "Did I win?" Naturally, that was his first question, since he was coherent enough to actually talk.

Mei glanced down at him and smiled a bit, taking her eyes off the television screen. "Yes..you did...even though it probably doesn't feel or look like it. I really wish for once you could focus on defense during a fight. You're a mess, Komoku." She told him as she moved her hand over to his cheek. "But...you're my mess. So I forgive you." She smiled.

"Well, thanks," Komoku grinned, like he had never been hurt at all. "I'm pretty okay with being your mess, but I'm not okay with you not being in the bed with me. I hurt, you know." he said dramatically. "I hurt lots."

"Maybe when we go home." Mei said as she leaned down to kiss his cheek. "I can't leave here until all the fights are over. I have to make a statement that the next round of fights will be postponed for a week. You and Cat need to heal. So does Jana and...I have a feeling if Masami wins against Kitten she'll need some time to recover too."

"Fine..." Komoku groused in irritation. "...How'd Jana do?" he said, his tone changing after a moment. "She okay? She won against that scumbag, right?"

"Yes. She won...he never stood a chance no matter how hard he tried." Mei answered as her hand slid back to his absentmindedly. "She hurt herself more than he hurt her."

"She really should mind that, you know," Komoku sighed, as if he had any room to talk. "Not everyone can handle that sort of thing."

"Uhuh." Mei gave him a look that just screamed "You're full of shit" but said nothing further about it. "After your sister there's only one more match. Nicholas threw his against Yoko. An idea why?" She wasn't sure if they were..as close anymore. But it was worth a shot to ask.

"No," Komoku frowned. "That doesn't seem like something Nick would do, why in the hell would he do that?" That worried him, a lot. "He's always been about doing things himself, obviously. Working angles, I can't imagine what throwing the match is going to do."

"I thought so...something didn't feel right about that. Maybe I'll ask him why later." Because truthfully? It was really bothering her. She knew how much Nicholas wanted to be leader of DC.

"I doubt you'll get so much as two words out of him, babe," Komoku murmured, his voice slightly awkward. "And I uh...I don't like you being around him without me," he said. "Y'know...with the kid and all, I just don't want you getting hurt over something stupid, okay? Leave that part to me. You've done enough for this city, I think you can take a break from handling things yourself."

Mei wasn't really sure what to say at first. It's not like he didn't care about her but it was really the first time she could think of where he just outright expressed his protectiveness of her. And it made her feel...safe? She just felt really touched by his concern for her and the baby. She smiled a bit before leaning closer to him. "Fine...I won't get near him unless you're around. And I'll try to stop handling everything alone...even though I'm not alone ever right now." She said as she placed her hand on her stomach. It was hard to believe she really had life growing inside of her.

"Yeah, I know," Komoku sighed. "Don't remind me, I got nerves just thinking about it," he grumbled, sinking into the bed. There, he had said it...now he just felt...weird. Hot and bothered.

"So you are nervous?" Mei asked as she gently pressed her forehead against his. "I think that's normal...I'm all kinds of nervous too. But I worry about everything...so it doesn't count."

"I know," Komoku grumbled, more grateful for the contact than anything else. "But I don't even know what being a Dad is, Mei. I didn't have my parents. You did. Your Mom is somethin' else. How am I supposed to know what being a Dad even is? Not like I've had a lot of solid examples."

Mei frowned at that before she squeezed his hand softly. "You took care of Masami from a young age and look at how she came out." She told him as she pulled back, glancing over to the TV. It looked like Kitten was winning, but...Kitten was on a level that most people weren't on physically. "You'll be okay, Komoku...besides, we're taking care of our child together. I'm sure we can figure it out."

"Yeah," Komoku sighed. "Yeah, I know we will, Mei." He was just freaking out over nothing, I suppose. But it still nagged at him, he didn't know if he felt relieved or not about the fact that Sophie and Mifune had come in.

"Well, you look like hell," Mifune remarked with a smirk.

"Thanks, jackass," Komoku groused. Okay, scratch feeling relieved. Asshole.

"Well not everyone can charm their way out of a match, Mifune." Mei pointed out with a smile as she glanced over at the two. Sophie was being quiet...which seemed like a bad thing. "You okay, Sophie?"

"Like we couldn't have stayed for another hour or so." She pouted as she folded her arms. "Glad you're...conscious, Komoku. I guess you're tougher than I thought.

"Tch, fuck yeah I am," Komoku scoffed. "C'mon, that was kid stuff. I've felt worse from a pulled muscle."

"Right," Mifune said flatly, hand on Sophie's head as way of apology. "I must have been watching an entirely different fight, you were getting tossed around like a pinball."

"And I won," he sniffed. "So I was a very effective pinball, thank you very much."

Back
Top Bottom