Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Wiki234 & Blue Hatter)

"Yeah, we can come back whenever you want!" Hiroyuki said, a small grin at his lips, just to further annoy Sanae who was by now, most likely, already steaming behind them.

The young man peered down at the ice cream that had been pointed out. The pink one seemed to be bubble gum flavored, the other looked to be strawberry sherbert mixed with blueberry sherbert. "The pink one has bubble gum flavor," he answered her after a moment. "The other has two flavors together: strawberry and blueberry. You'll often find ice cream that has one single flavor, like chocolate, or multiple flavors, like rainbow sherbert, which is strawberry, orange and lime. Some people like a simple, single flavor, other people like more 'complicated' flavors. Personally, I like a little of both!"

"Wow...never thought of it like that..." She said looking to be a bit surprised, "I'll take that pink one and the rainbow then." Squid girl nodded and walked over to the cash register to see if she could get someone to help her. Squid girl smiles and after a moment someone comes to ask, "I'll just take one of each..." She said pointing to the sherbet to the strawberry. Squid girl took the cone that was handed to her and licked it, "wow! This is sweet and amazing!!" She was happy with her first time of getting ice cream and it was a new experience she always liked, friendly, fun, and just nice to do something like this. "So what's next after this?" There wasn't anything really planned even after they were done here.

Once Squid Girl had been served her order the worker looked toward Hiroyuki for his, and he stepped up toward the glass case and was about to speak, but Sanae cut him off.

"I'll have a scoop of vanilla, a scoop of green tea, and one of sweet potato!" Sanae called out, and the worker quickly got her order together. Upon meeting her at the register she merely hooked a thumb back toward Hiroyuki. "He's paying."

"What? I never said I was paying!" snapped the young man.

Sanae grinned mischievously at him. "What? You're the 'gentleman', right?"

Hiroyuki was left only to grumble something under his breath, something probably rather derogatory, and glanced back up to the worker. "I'll... take the triple chuckle," he grumbled, and after being served, paid for the three orders. He found Sanae was already back near Squid Girl's side, and at Squid Girl's question he shrugged slowly before giving a nibble to his cone. "Is there anything you would like to do next?" he asked.

Squid girl walked out the door, looking around and seeing not many people around the beach anymore. "hmmm, well I hope the others won't mind me being back a bit late than usual. Maybe we can walk around the beach for a bit then we could all go home. Besides I think I have work the hardest out of everyone like I always do just cause I have these things." she said waving her tentacles around. "but maybe after that I think I'm go find somewhere to inkvade...but I do need some more soldiers though....or it won't work. I promise you I will inkvade and it will be a success and eveyone will bow down to me!!" she turned and sighed continuing to eat her ice cream

Already on the move was Squid Girl, it seemed that she was quite the busy young lady, barely giving Hiroyuki enough time to finish his ice cream before she headed off. He quickly finished his and tossed the wrapper into the trash bin before hurrying after her. It seemed that she was already ready for the next part of their not-so-much-of-a-date.

"Yes, I'm sure your 'ink-vasion' will be quite successful. Humanity will bow down at your overwhelming power," he chuckled teasingly. "In the meantime, have you any idea where you would like to go now? I would be happy to accompany you, if you'll let me."

She finished then threw her wrapper away and turned to him. "hey! I am serious about this and it will happen one day!" she said noticing how he thought of her inkvasion even a little funny. Squid girl crossed her arms and sighed, "I'm probably just gonna go home then...my inkvasion preparation will be tomorrow then."

It seemed that he had offended Squid Girl with his amusement at her invasion threat. Had she really been serious about it? He had thought she had been kidding. Perhaps he was wrong. Now he was feeling a little guilty.

"N-no, don't go yet..." he said quickly, trying to find something, anything, to say to get her to stay a little longer. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. I'm sure you'll do fine..."

Vincent glanced around the area; it seemed that Sanae had lost sight of them in the crowd and for that he was quite glad. Maybe now he could have some time alone with Squid Girl.

"And... I, um... I have a question, so please don't go yet..." he added. A moment or two of silence surrounded them before he finally work up the nerve to speak again, albeit with a little bit of a blush at his cheeks. "I... I was wondering if... well... Are you, maybe, seeing anyone? That is... d-do you... have a boyfriend...?"

squid girl crossed her arms and looked at him, "well its gonna be late anyway...' she said looking over at the sunset as her tentacles were blown gently back and forth by the breeze. squid girl looked over at him seeing as it was an attempt to get her not to hate him, "well I don't care if you wanna help me or not anyway...' she said seeing as he had a question. "what?' she asked with a raised brow, "a boyfriend? well I do see everyone I usually hang out with when we work at the lemon, why? takeru is a boy and he's my friend if that's what your asking. I have some friends that are boys and some that are girls..." she said not knowing what a boyfriend was. " what's a boyfriend anyway?"

The young man wasn't entirely sure what to make of Squid Girl's response. Did she have a boyfriend or didn't she? How could she not know what one was? Maybe she came from a different country, he thought, and Japanese wasn't her primary language?

"Oh... Well, a boyfriend is..." Hiroyuki began, his voice trailing off for a moment as he tried to think of how to explain it. How did one explain what a boyfriend was? He hadn't been expecting this... "Lets see, how to explain it... A boyfriend is... a guy that a girl really cares about. She feels connected to him and him alone-- a special connection-- and she wants to spend time with him, and just him, because being with him makes her happy... And being with her makes him happy. In return for being her boyfriend, she is his girlfriend... and, um... they share time together, stories together, and their love... They do romantic things together... Sometimes they kiss... And sometimes, when they've been together for a while, they might have... um... they might have... s-sex... and... well..." Maybe that was a bit too much, he thought, but explaining what a boyfriend was was far from an easy thing. And he felt a little silly as he tried to explain it.

"Hmmm someone you have a deep connection with more than having them as a friend..." She suddenly shivered at the thought of them kissing? That was one thing she knew about. " you kiss your friend? That's a little weird...well I don't how humans say love someone right now. But I just treat you as a friend because an inkvader has to have support from Whoever she's conquering." Squid girl sighed and gave a tired yawn, stretching her arms. "Well we can talk again tomorrow. This squid is tired." She waved at him and started walking off seeming to end the conversation fast and seemingly unexpectedly

"Oh, uh, right then... See you later..." was all Hiroyuki managed to say before Squid Girl disappeared into the crowd, even as he gave a small wave of his own. She seemed to have made he retreat quite quickly, he had noticed... Had just felt as awkward as he had during their little conversation? Or perhaps he had offended her or creeped her out? Had he just blown his chances?

He sighed to himself, wondering if he appeared as foolish as he felt. With a slow shrug of his shoulders, he turned and headed back the opposite direction to head for home.

Though it seemed a certain someone had been forgotten. Sanae, still pushing her way through the crowd, had lost sight of both her prey and her nemesis...

Squid girl started to walk down and opened the door wondering if everyone was there already, "hello is any squid home? Sorry for being a bit late." She closed and locked the door behind her, turning to go up to the room and sleep already

Once Hiroyuki had arrived back home-- a small apartment where he lived by himself where he was closer to school, and a place that his parents helped pay for-- he slipped inside and closed and locked the door behind him. Once inside he sighed to himself, unable to help but wonder if he had blown his chances with Squid Girl, or if he even had a chance to begin with. He seemed to have so many challenges set before him to win her affection, if he even could, and it was clear that it would not be an easy road. But, after a moment of collecting his thoughts, he nodded to himself, as if confirming that no matter the outcome he was going to give this trial his all.

He fixed a little something to eat, relaxed in front of the television for a short while, then changed into his night attire (which was just a simple pair of flannel pants), brushed his teeth and washed his face, and then headed for bed. He spent the next short while just mulling things over as he laid in bed, trying to think of how he could get Squid Girl's attention, how to keep Sanae from stealing her away, and wondering if she even liked him at all. But finally, after probably too much thinking, he managed to drift off into a relatively peaceful slumber...

Squid girl didn't seem to get a reply from anyone, well that was a good thing they didn't catch her coming in a bit late anyway, she would really get killed if they found out. She changed into a pair of white shorts and a white shirt, quietly slipping into the room and lay down, sleeping on the floor quietly. She turned to her side and pulled up the blankets closing her eyes and finally falling asleep.

Beams of sunlight peaking through the blinds warmed Hiroyuki's cheek and caused him to slowly stir in bed until he finally woke up. He stretched, yawned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, and after letting the sleep-enduced fog partially clear from his mind, he slowly eased himself out of bed, absentmindedly rubbing the left side of his chest with his right hand.

A short while later, showered, dressed and having gotten something to eat, Hiroyuki headed out to start his day. He had a couple hours before his shift at the Lemon Beach House started and he had some time to kill... But what to do?

((OOC: Sorry, I didn't realize it had been so long since I replied!)

Squid girl woke up, after she heard what sounded like an alarm clock going off. " get up already it's time to go squid girl, we got work to do and you can't slack off..." Eiko told her putting on the uniform and getting dressed. Squid girl just yawned and got up, "fine...." She said sleoly walking out downstairs to get something to eat before the whole group started to head for the beach after they all breakfast.

With a couple hours of free time Hiroyuki decided to make the most of the time by running a few errands. Nothing to exciting, mind you, and it was hardly interesting, but they needed to be done nonetheless. He had just enough time to finish his errands, bring the few things he had purchased back home, then dress in his uniform and head off to work.

It wasn't too long before he reached the Lemon Beach House but he found that no one was there. It seemed he had arrived first. Fishing for the keys in the left hip pocket of his pants was an easy task, and he pulled them out, stuck the key into the lock and turned it, opened the door, slipped inside. With the flip of a switch the overhead lights crackled to life and he went about opening up the large entryways and windows to prepare the building for the day.

The whole group after a while, arrived at the beach, walking down the small stone steps into the soft sand. After a bit more time they all headed through into the beach house with Eiko heading to the kitchen to check to see if they had everything ready when they would expect a crowd to come in again like always. Squid girl just turned and sat down on the table, putting her head on her arms and just laying there looking like she was tired. "jeez why don't my plans for inkvasion never work..."

The sound of approaching footsteps caused Hiroyuki to turn toward the sound, and it wasn't too surprising to see the rest of the Lemon workers arriving. It was rare that he arrived before the rest of them but in a way it was nice to have the place to himself for at least a little while... It had been calm and quiet, much unlike it would be once it opened for business for the day.

He greeted Eiko, Chizuru and the others as they made their way inside, but the sight of Squid Girl slumped over a nearby table caught his attention, and he made his way towards her.

"What's this I hear about an 'ink-vasion'?" he asked, giving her a small grin before taking a seat across from her at the table. "It seems to be important to you... Why not tell me what this invasion is all about?"

everyone walked in seeing that someone else was there before them. they all greeted and started to get to work in making sure they had everything ready for when it would it be busy late in the day. Squid girl sighed just deciding not to do anything for now even though they already asked her to help them with making sure everything was ready, she looked up at him and put her hand under her chin. " well of course it is, that's the ONLY reason im here in the first place. Im not here to make friends, im here to have everyone bow down to me, as mankind's conqueror and ruler. Im sick of all the humans being so careless all the time, throwing trash into the ocean and not treating it with respect at all!' Squid girl slammed the table and ran out to the sand, sitting down and looking out into the shining blue ocean, "Careless humans!'

Hiroyuki listened to Squid Girl's response and he couldn't disagree with most of what she said. Human beings did tend to be rather careless and did have a habit of tossing things into the environment where they didn't belong, he couldn't disagree with that. Though Squid Girl's obvious frustration with the subject did surprise him, especially when she slammed her fists onto the table and stormed out of the shack. A moment or two later Hiroyuki followed after her.

He found her sitting outside on the golden sandy beach and he eased himself down next to her. For another moment he was silent but then he finally spoke... "It's pretty, isn't it? The ocean, I mean," he said softly, his eyes gazing out at the sparkling blue water in front of them and stretching far off into the distance, as far as the eye could see. "It is a shame that more people aren't so concerned about the well-being of the ocean... It is an important part of Earth's environment. But... you know, not everyone is like that. Plenty of people are concerned about the ocean and are doing their best to keep it as safe as they can."

He paused for another moment and then gave her shoulder a little nudge. "And maybe you didn't come here to make friends, but you did anyway. You've made a number of friends. Isn't that a good thing?"

squid girl pulled her legs up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, her tentacles blowing back behind her in the cool wind. She looked over and saw it was him again, " yeah...it is...but its hard to live in the ocean too...' she said still looking out into the sparkling ocean which was shining from the sunset. Squid girl put her head on top of her arm then looked over again when he nudged her, " Well of course it is and that's why im trying so hard to protect it, its also my home too.... If they are helping then why the squid are they letting people still ruin it by throwing so much trash in there then huh?' she asked showing that her anger didn't burn out quite yet. " well....I guess so...' she said seeing as that was the only response she could give right now.

Living in the ocean? What did she mean by that? Well, he would ask her about that later, now really wasn't the time for that.

"No one can stop everything bad from happening," Hiroyuki said softly, glancing down to the young lady for a moment before his eyes came back up toward the ocean. "People try to prevent others from littering, and have been successful, but no one can stop it all. Some people just never learn. I'm sure there are people like that where you come from who don't learn from their mistakes..."

He was quiet for a moment or two then to mull over his thoughts, then he slowly and cautiously brought his arm around her shoulders. "Cheer up... I don't like to see you down. You've a lovely young lady, and you have such a wonderful smile..."

"well then ill just make them stop by taking over mankind!!' she raised her fist in the air, " the squidvasion will start and when it does they will pay!!" she looked over and him and smiled, "well I do feel a bit better....but I really want to inkvade so badly and I cant do that without an army.' she stood up and turned to face the beach house. "I will definitely do it this time." she said shooting her tentacles toward the place to wrap around everyone inside and pull them up in the air. "listen up humans! its time for me to rule this beach then the world!"

Hiroyuki was glad that Squid Girl seemed to be cheering up a little, but that state didn't last too long when Squid Girl began her attack. The attack was swift and happened before he even had a chance to react and by the time he realized what had happened the unfortunate souls inside the Lemon Beach House were already trapped, and he knew not what to do.

Seeing how she was able to manipulate her "hair" always impressed him (and surprised him), but this was really something else! Not only was she attacking with them but she was able to lift something as heavy as a person with them. That was clearly more than psychic power, he realized, but what else could it be? Was she an alien? Sure, he believed in aliens, but he had never encountered one before. Was Squid Girl an alien? Was he... in love with an alien girl?

"Squid Girl, what are you doing!?" he snapped and quickly ran up to her side. "They're your friends! What's gotten into you? Put them down!"

Back
Top Bottom