Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Majestic Tale of a Box and a Uniform (Starring Froggy and Nexs)

"Alright." Jikan said looking up at Nevada with a blink of his eyes before looking back ahead. Needless to say the Time Robe was a bit anxious from what was about to occur. They were about to confront the man that could very well know the secrets of Jikan's origins, for all he knew he was some kind of demon or worse! "Nevada..." Jikan said looking up at her with his big golden eyes. "I have to be honest with you....I am somewhat scared of what he may have o say...." he told her as they walked his fabric stiffening slightly from his anxiety.

Upon arriving at the manor, the pair would notice the door that was previously damaged from the abduction of Nevada's mother was fully repaired. In fact what mess that remained from the intrusion was cleaned and disposed of. It appeared as if nothing happened just a few days prior. "Oi there you two are..." came the groan of H.G. holding a bag of ice against her head which now also sported a bandage across it to cover a bloody gash she had under. In fact it looked as if the Time Lord had been through a war zone recently her hair was done up in a messier bun than usual, her vest hung open from the loss of several buttons to keep it close while her white button up shirt under it was un-tucked and torn on the left sleeve the same could be said for her trousers which were torn at the knees.

"H.G.?!" Jikan said in shock seeing the woman in such a state. "Are you alright? Did the Nudist do this to you?" He asked wondering if this guy was this dangerous since he had not met the man during the original meeting.

"No he bloody didn't." H.G. said in an very annoyed tone of voice moving to the living room making a motion for Nevada to follow her. "It was his bloody roommate." the Time Lord said as they entered the living room where the TARDIS sat in the corner of the room. While sitting in the middle of the room tied up was Aikuro and a second man wearing a set of green like combat armor with dark tanned skin and short black hair sporting a red Mohawk on top.

"I said he was sorry for that." Aikuro shrugged with his shoulders while his accomplice did not respond and simply glared at H.G. "It's not everyday that someone tries to break into my little apartment while I am having a guest." he said "But I didn't expect Time Lords to punch or kick so hard..." he said with a minor groan.

Nevada cast her eyes down at the uniform, giving a hint of a smile. “I know what you mean… I’m a bit nervous myself, and it’s not even about me… it’s about you. Well, hopefully that damn Nudist can supply a few answers to our questions…” Her hand lifting to pat the fabric underneath a big golden eye, she smiled at Jikan before continuing on their way. It was a good twenty minutes before the girl reached home. Tired, looking forward to taking a long, hot shower before heading to bed, though of course there was other things on the agenda…it was a minute or so before she realized the differences in her home.

“What the-? The door’s fixed?” Nevada spoke out loud, going through it before casting her curious gaze about. In fact...what mess that remained from the intrusion was gone, almost as though nothing happened. “Did H.G. do all this…?” she wondered, just as she was interrupted by the devil herself. Both she and Jikan gasped at her state, their questions jumbling over each other as they asked whether or not the woman is alright. Obviously she didn’t feel up to par...but it’s the thought that matters, right? A bloody bandage was around her head, and her clothes were just not right. Nevada swallowed hard, just wondering if the Nudist was more dangerous than she thought...when H.G. put that idea to rest. Her expression one of worry, she followed the woman into the living room, not quite sure what to think.

Those brown eyes turned from H.G. to the two tied men, one of which looked familiar… the other, not so much. “His bloody roommate, huh? I’m guessing this is the guy,” Nevada spoke up, indicating the darkly tanned man with combat armor and a Mohawk. “He doesn’t look very sorry for all he’s done… Perhaps I should make him sorry.” The words an obvious threat, she cracked her knuckles, more than ready to punch the ever-loving shit out of the man.

“Hm… I’ll wait, until we’re talking to him,” Nevada grumbled next, deciding it probably wasn’t a good idea to hit him just yet. The Mohawk Guy certainly deserved it, no matter what the circumstances...but right now wasn’t the time. Her brown eyes narrowed, arms crossed underneath her breasts, making the pair rise up an inch or two. Her brown curls framed her pretty features...especially the fire in her eyes. With a huff and a roll of her eyes, she plopped down into the nearest seat, one leg crossing over the other.

“Okay, here’s the deal...Nudist, and Nudist’s Friend. We want details on Jikan here, and we want them now. What is he? Where did he come from? How do I fit into the picture?” Nevada positively growled, not beating around the bush. Her eyes darted from one bound man to the other...looking for any secret looks, any reactions to the questions.

"Nevada calm down." H.G. grumbled. "There's been enough bloody fighting today and if one of you so much as tries to throw a punch I will reprogram your mind to do nothing but sing show tunes for the next week." the Time Lord threatened her British accent really coming out due to her angered state making Jikan still wonder how H.G. did sound like she was from England instead of another planet. "Now with that aside let's talk Nudist.....start from the beginning with that talking uniform my student is wearing." H.G. said motioning to Jikan who blinked in response. "He was in the package you gave me when we were attacked and came to life after absorbing some of Nevada's blood." she said as Aikuro eyes brightened a bit hearing this news.

"Well well so that uniform was in Isshin Matoi's package huh?" Aikuro said with interest before turning to look at Jikan. "That my lady friends is a Kamui." Aikuro revealed only to see the blank expressions on their faces made him sigh and drop his head slightly. "Guess I will need to start from the beginning...." the former teacher of Honnōji Academy began to explain how the school's uniforms came to be. Life Fibers, that was the name the Nestines Consciousness of the Autons bellowed multiple times when H.G. and Nevada had first met. The Life Fibers were the source of the Goku Uniforms abilities. One Star uniforms were only composed of 10% Life Fiber threading and the percentage increased with by ten with every additional star to the uniform. "However...there are some that are made entirely of Life Fibers...we call them god robes...or Kamuis." Aikuro said.

Jikan could only blink and listen to the Nudist speak soaking in the information. So he wasn't even made out of normal threads but something else called...Life Fibers. That must have been what he absorbed during the battle against the club captains earlier that day. Things were beginning to make sense now...however there was still one thing he needed to know. "Nevada..." Jikan spoke up looking at her. "I need you to ask him something for me.....ask him if he knows of my brother." Jikan said looking back at Aikuro. "A red and black sailor uniform...nearly identical to me save for a patch where the right eye should be." He described hoping to finally find some answers.

"Hmph." Nevada scowled, having had only the best intentions, and yet getting reprimanded nonetheless. In a foul mood now, her dark eyes narrowed onto the Nudist when H.G. began their little session...reading his expression. He was an easy man to read, seeing as how he was like a book with its pages for the whole world to read. That in of itself could be a good reason for suspicion...for he could be just letting them see just what he wants them to see. Realizing this, she began trying to look deeper into his words...see if there may be a deeper meaning behind any, if there was something between the lines... however, his interest seemed to be genuine. A Kamui...? What does that mean? she wondered, expression blank, though she did lift a brow to indicate that he clarify what he meant.

From there, Aikuro -or the Nudist, as Nevada kept referring to him in her head- went on to explain the significance behind the discovery. It wasn't a great shock that Honnouji Academy's Goku Uniforms had a certain percentage of Life Fibers within their structure...and the source of their abilities, but to think that Jikan was made completely out of that material... God Robes, huh...? Why does it not surprise me, when these... Kamuis have abilities that probably could rival the gods...? With a blink she returned back to the present, and glanced down at Jikan, meeting his golden gaze. "Don't worry, I didn't forget about him..." she reassured him, giving the uniform a faint smile before lifting her eyes back up. I knew I didn't deserve wearing Jikan...this just proves it... she thought, a strange feeling swirling around inside her chest. "Oi, Nudist!" she snapped, catching his attention and holding onto it with a glare. "I got a question for you, now that you're done explaining things to us."

Nevada leaned forward, a hand indicating Jikan by touching upon the fabric. "There was another uniform... black, with red accents... Do you know anything of him, or what happened to him? And...while we are on the subject, why is it... How can..." Confused, not quite sure how to put it into words, she scowled, and hit her fist on the armchair. "While we are on the subject... Jikan insists that...that he can only be worn by me. That can't possibly be right... I just...I don't understand..." Obviously torn about the matter, Nevada diverted her gaze...not ashamed of the question, but rather...just not sure if she wanted to hear the answer to it or not. With a sigh, she lifted her eyes after a long moment...waiting, watching...scared, and dreading what he has to say.

Aikuro shrugged within his bindings. "Even if I told you that he was made exclusively for you...would you even believe me?" the Nudist asked raising one dark blue brow while Tsgumnu continued to simply glare at Nevada or more specifically Jikan. "Isshin was researching and experimenting on developing Kamuis before he vanished..."

"Oh save it." H.G. said dismissively. "Not an hour after you gave us that package we went to what was left of Matoi's home and found his remains in the rubble. " she said crossing her own arms under chest. "If Matoi trusted you enough to leave a package in your possession that contained one of his only two known success...there is no doubt you know of his fate as well." she added as Aikuro sighed in defeat.

"Ok yes...yes I know what happened to him...more importantly...I knew what was in the package." Aikuro revealed. "Jikan is one of a pair for a plan Isshin was working on... that can only be triggered by a specific person's blood" he said before looking at the two women present. "He was playing it close to the chest he didn't even tell me who the uniforms were actually meant for or why. Just that when I see that blue box" He said nodding to the TARDIS. "That I need to give Jikan to the owner. A man known as the Doctor." he said as H.G. eyes widened slightly and her whole body ever so subtly tensed.

"Well then you gave him to the wrong person by accident. I'm not him." the Time Lord said "I'm his...apprentice." she grudgingly added "He went missing fifty years back along with his TARDIS...haven't been able to find him sense..." she said the regret palpable in her voice at the mention of her fellow Time Lord. "What about the other uniform the red and black one...who was he meant for?" H.G. asked returning the focus back to the subject at hand.

"That one was meant to remain in the basement of Matoi's manor and meant to be given to his daughter, Ryuko." Aikuro said "She was meant to arrive at the academy several days ago only...she's vanished from existence." he revealed.

Dark brown eyes narrowed intently upon the bound man, anger leaking into the depths. “Do you really think...I am that delusional?” Nevada positively growled, just about ready to jump out of her seat in order to emphasize her point. “There is no way Jikan was made exclusively for me! I mean… come on! Isshin Matoi barely knew me as it is, and besides...he knew my parents better than he did me!” Bristling, she hoisted herself up out of the seat, and began walking about, needing a release for some of her pent-up energy. Her skirt flitted with her every step, revealing creamy smooth skin that any guy would love to see, and would attempt to see more of.

“Jikan is more than capable of deciding who he wants to wear him… Why would he choose the likes of me, huh? I’m just your average high school student, trying to survive everyday life and the torture issued under the name of homework. I’m not all that smart, and I prefer to take matters into my own hands, if I can. It just doesn’t make any sense!” Nevada ran a frustrated hand through her hair...causing several brown curls to spike up towards the back. Her cheeks were flushed a dark red, which indicated just how frustrated and confused she really was.

Nevada listened to their next words, following the conversation with a growing unease. Jikan is one of a pair for a plan…? That isn’t exactly fair, you know… “Okay, so he was supposed to be given to the Doctor...H.G.’s mentor, I understand that much,” she spoke up at last, gesturing between both Aikuro and H.G. “You never did answer our question, though. So why don’t you stop beating around the bush, huh?” The girl blinked, taken back while the conversation moved onto the subject of the red and black uniform...and her answer provided. Ryuko...vanished from existence…? How can that be? If she vanished from existence, doesn’t that mean...no one has any memory of her…?

“There has to be some trace of Ryuko…” Nevada murmured, a bit in shock. Eyes wide, she began pacing again...this time, in order to think. There was just no way a teenage girl could simply vanish from existence...it was just impossible. After a minute or two of doing this, the girl came to a stop, frowning. Matoi Ryuko vanishes...and Jikan’s brother isn’t hidden away in the mansion...which means, she must have found him sometime ago… My question is… was it before she disappeared? If so… who didn’t want her to find that uniform? So many questions, and not enough answers to satisfy...

With a frown, Nevada placed both hands on her hips. “Where was the last place Ryuko was spotted before she disappeared?” she demanded to know, looking from Aikuro, to Tsumugu, not wanting either of them to keep anything from them.

"A week ago." Aikuro said "She was there when the manor exploded and gave chase after Matoi's murderer. Taking with her half of a pair of a giant red scissor blade....that was the last OFFICIAL sighting. The day we originally met however there was a girl matching her description entering Honnouji Academy shortly after you both left following the death of the boy who stole the One-Star uniform" Aikuro revealed making H.G.frown increase significantly. "Then she vanished the same day and hasn't been seen since."

"Oh bloody h**" H.G said pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration. "Once we are done retrieving you mother Nevada...I'll have to look into this girls dissapperance..." She said knowing just where to go....more specifically when to go.

"Who is your mother?" Aikuro suddenly asked his interest peaked by the earlier mention. "You said she knew Isshin?" He asked.

"Matoi Ryuko...disappeared the same day we went into the past?" It was too much of a coincidence, there was just no way she could have vanished after she and H.G. traveled back to Feudal Japan, so she could learn how to wield a sword... Nevada frowned, one finger tapping out a rhythm on her hip while she tried to wrap her head around it all. Her dark brown eyes shot up, however, when the Nudist decided to speak up, and start asking questions...about her mother, of all things. Frustration, anger, and a number of other things shot through the depths, one after the other.

Nevada pointed a finger at the man, quite sharply. "My mother is none of your concern, Nudist creep. You don't need to know who she is, or anything else for that matter. I'm saving my mother, and that is that." Her scowl still in place, the girl ran her hands over the navy blue skirt that was part of her uniform, thinking.

"You originally met Ryuko when she was entering Honnouji Academy, right? Was she wearing a black and red sailor uniform, like mine? And Jikan, what is your input in all of this?" Nevada asked, the hand rising up to rub underneath a golden eye. His opinion mattered...for this did involve the uniform, in some way, shape or form.

"I never met her." Aikuro said. "My naked splendor as a spy was exposed before I had a chance to meet her or arrange to retrieve the Kamui meant for her. I only heard this from a former acquaintance at the Academy. The receptionist I lied too and told that I was expecting her right away....at least she was kind enough to call and let me know that she saw Ryuko" he said with a sigh.

Jikan could only feel his own frustration continue to grow and build as the conversation continued. First Nevada again retorts the notion that Jikan chose her even after having proof in the form of an associate to his creator reveal the truth to her. Then this man doesn't even know where his brother is. To make matters worse if this Ryuko was meant to be his brother's wearer then it was more than likely he was also taken since he was not among the other remains at the ruins of Matoi's home. Golden eyes were narrowed in thought as his fabric would grow stiff from his mind focusing on the ever growing conspiracy. "I think things are growing more mysterious the deeper we go. My brother as meant to stay in the basement so I can only assume that that he was taken too." The Time Robe stated looking up at his wearer before his eyes turned to H.G. "Can I talk to Nevada alone for a minute?" he asked politely.

H.G.'s own impression on this situation was growing steadily worse. The past few days every time an answer was found it only led to two more questions. Hearing the uniforms request she turned her gaze to the Kamui and gave a small nod before looking at their two captives. "Well...thanks for your time Nudist and friend.." she said picking up the nearby knife and cutting their bindings allowing the rope to drop to the floor. "Let's do this again sometime..." She said ushering the two men out along with her before closing the door shut.

Every time an answer came into the light, it only brought more questions. Nevada tried not to scowl, or growl, or...well, do anything that indicated how truly unnerved she was, only to fail miserably when she finally stopped moving, hands on her hips. "You're right..." the girl grumbled under her breath, eyes narrowed in intense thought. "Ryuko was spotted at Honnouji Academy...and when we went to that house of hers, there was no Kamui... so good chances are, they're together. Question is...who snatched them up, and how did that person manage to erase Ryuko from existence...?" Frowning at the very thought, she began pacing again...not paying any attention to H.G. releasing their Nudist friends, or of the words exchanged.

Nevada didn't say a word to H.G., Aikuro, or his silent, glowering companion. There was nothing left to be said, in all actuality. Her thoughts fracturing, coming back together...only to fall apart at the seams again, the girl began walking upstairs towards what used to be ransacked, and can now be called inhabitable, hardly aware of her doing it. Every step caused the wood to give out a low groan...which finally snapped her out of her thoughts. "I swear...this gets more confusing by the day..." she murmured under her breath, absently rubbing a hand over Jikan's fabric. Brown curls fell against her cheeks, bringing out the dark, thoughtful color of her eyes. "First, this Ryuko girl disappears completely and without a trace...not to mention we can't find your brother...and just... I'm trying to figure out our role in all this..." With a long, exasperated sigh, a palm reached out, making the door swing open and reveal the room beyond. It was simple by nature... yet it revealed quite a bit about her personality as a whole.

The walls were painted a light, soothing purple...and from one point of view, it was darker, while from another, a lighter hue. Her furniture was mahogany, which really brought out the color even more. Nevada plopped down onto the bed, blue comforter wrinkling under her weight while she looked down at the uniform she had on. "Okay, Jikan... You wanted to speak to me privately? What's up?" she asked, rather curious despite herself. What was so important that he couldn't say it in front of H.G.... and even asked it to be private?

"I want to talk about us." Jikan said as the audible click of the suspenders connecting his skirt and blouse separated and slid off of the school girl with ease before reconnecting and forming into his rigid form. "More importantly I want to ask you something very important to our partnership." He said sitting down next to her. "Why do you feel that you are not worthy of being my chosen wearer. For all intents and purposes I do not know who was really meant to become my true partner and I assumed it was you from your blood awakening me." He said his golden eyes fixated on her. "You keep saying it but I want to know why you don't think you are worthy?" he asked

"Oh?" A chill settling over her newly exposed skin, Nevada curled up into a ball, rubbing her hands over her bare arms. Once his question was asked, the first reaction he received was one that included dark brown eyes narrowed upon him, and an incredulous look. "Why are you asking this, when there are more important things to be worrying about?" she tossed back out there, shaking her head with a sigh. This caused several curls to fly about, a few outlining the curve of her cheek, and tickling the underside of her jaw. "You're asking about our partnership... when Ryuko Matoi is currently missing, and for all this world knows, doesn't exist." Wait a second... doesn't exist...? "Hey..." Nevada spoke up, the word thoughtful. "Do you think it's possible... that a Time Lord is involved? Ryuko arrived at Honnouji Academy, but now... she's completely disappeared, and without a trace..." It was certainly a thought to take into consideration.

"I don't know Nevada." Jikan said releasing his equivalent of a frustrated sigh at the change of subject. "If we had come close to one I would have sensed it like I did with H.G. how far away I can sense one has yet to be determined." He said picking up the nearby sheet and wrappj g it around Nevada with his sleeves. "It could be possible but the odds of another Time Lord are slim." Be said before his golden eyes narrowed somewhat.

"Now back to my original question." The uniform stated determined to receive an answer before the night was over. "This is something that is just as important to discuss. If you do not feel confident in yourself as being the one wearing me how do you think that will affect our efficiency? Even if your not the one meant to be my chosen wearer I need to know that you are ready to activate and use me to save your mother and my brother." The Unifor said his gold eyes not leaving her brown ones. "I don't care what that Nudist or anyone else said. I chose you as my wearer and I will have your back and will help you to the end. Do you choose me as your Kamui?" He askdd

I suppose the odds are rather slim... Nevada was a bit surprised that he'd go so far as to wrap the sheet around her...but it was a sweet gesture, and she'll accept it for what it is. Long, dark lashes sweeping the tops of the girl's cheeks, her lips parted with a sigh...one hand reaching up to tuck the sheet tighter about herself. Of course...before anything could be put out there as a reply, Jikan went back to the original topic... much to her chagrin and mortification. Fingers curling into the sheet near her hips, Nevada met those golden eyes...not sure what to say.

An answer came soon enough, however. "Don't you think I know that?" Nevada asked, in a soft, quiet tone of voice. "I know I have to feel more confident... I know we have to work together, so that I can save Mom and your brother... There is so much riding on me, there's just... I don't know anymore. I feel like I'm in the middle of a conspiracy...and no one is letting me in on the secret. All I want...is to find the people we care about, go from there...and see what happens. You chose me as your Wearer...right? Let me ask you something, without you getting all offended. Did you chose me because I can hear you...or because my blood woke you up? Or is it because I'm the only option?" Her dark brown eyes remained locked onto his, waiting patiently.

For a moment the Time Robe said nothing, soaking in everything he just heard leave Nevada's lips. Then her question came asking why exactly Jikan chose her in the first place. Several blinks followed as he processed his thoughts into words. "At first I thought it was because of your blood and ability to hear me. I will not lie the first night I debated whether or not I should leave based on your denial on wearing me." He said in a serious tone to confirm he was not bluffing.

"Then I saw you stand up for Norikio and how willing you were to train in another time period to save her. It was at that moment I chose you. Not because of blood, mental connections, or because of options. I chose you because of your heart" Jikan said with the closing thing his uniform could do to produce a smile.

"My...My heart?" Well, that was an answer Nevada never did expect to hear. Cheeks taking on a faint, rosy blush, Nevada buried her face into the sheets atop her knees, not quite sure what to say...much less what to think. A long silence followed...not really awkward, but the sort of silence that ensures an answer to come, sooner or later. Finally...after drawing in a breath, she lifted her head...traces of that blush still lingering along her cheeks, but gone for the most part. "You do realize...that anyone would have done all that... in order to save their best friend...and Mother, right?"

Nevada offered a strange, tiny smile. "Noriko is the only person I can consider family... because...I think of her as my sister. Mother and I are related by blood...and well, I guess I still feel a little connected to her, even if our relationship hasn't been the best. I just... I really, truly believe that you could have gotten someone better as a partner, Jikan." With a sigh, she let her chin rest on top of her knees, the sheet falling down a little and revealing some of her skin.

"And I really, truly believe that I could not have gotten someone better, Nevada." Jikan said firmly looking at his wearer. "You may as well face it I am happy with whom I have picked and don't want another person. Not even if it was a Time Lord or a Three-Star student." Jikan said before sitting down next to her. "The only way you are getting rid of me is if you trap me in the dryer and never let me out till I am too small to fit." The Time Robe said with a small chuckle, it would definitely seem Jikan was beginning to develop a sense of humor.

"Anyway...you should get some rest Nevada, we have a big day tomorrow and you will need your strength to protect your little friend." He said the last part with a small hint of distaste in his voice clearly not over the comment Kendrick directed towards him concerning the cloak.

Meanwhile as this was occurring H.G. was escorting the men off of the property before the Aikuro and his friend stopped dead in their tracks and turned to face the Time Lord. "Ms. Wells there is something you should know." Aikuro said as H.G. rasied a brow in curiosity. "Before Matoi passed he did grant Tsgumu the permission to eliminate either Nevada or Ryuko or either uniform..should their Kamui's malfunction and go beserek...." he revealed.

"Malfunction?..." H.G. asked confused as a scowl began to work its way onto her features. "Are you saying their is a chance that Jikan could kill Nevada or worse?" she asked jerking a thumb back to the home where the pair were at.

"Yes." Aikuro said grimly. "Jikan and his brother were not the first Kamui Isshin experimented to develop...we lost several people in the process." He said as H.G. noticed Tsgumu fist clench tightly to the point of breaking skin. It was clear that the man with the Mohawk lost someone during this process. "With my cover at the academy blown I can't observe Nevada and make sure it doesn't happen to her...but you can." he said. "I know you don't have much reason to trust either of us...especially after our little encounter...but please keep an eye on her." he said as the Time Lord waved her hand dismissively.

"That was something I didn't need your pleas for regardless. There is something else though...something your not telling me concerning both Jikan and Nevada...every time I am around them I am sensing these...anomalies. I didn't notice it at first with Nevada...until she put Jikan on. Since then when I sense Jikan or hear him speak...its like I am listening to something I have heard before. While with Nevada its like her mind isn't normal neither." H.G. said as Aikuro frowned. "You know what I am talking about Nudist...and judging by the looks of things your not ready to tell." she said

"It's not that...a year ago Isshin descending into madness concerning a new discovery he had made concerning the Life Fibers. I don't know what he was talking about but you know where you can find your answers don't you?" He asked as H.G. sighed and nodded, Honnuji Academy. "Thank you for the walk Ms. Wells..." Aikuro said as he turned to leave. "If you need to find me...you know where to look." he said as H.G. rolled her eyes and muttered 'yeah at a strip club for ladies." She said annoyed.

Dark brown eyes lifted back up to meet the uniform's golden pair, a tiny smile playing along its wearer's lips. "Hm, now there's an idea..." Nevada pointed out, the smile blooming into a full-out grin. "Maybe I should trap you in the dryer and never let you out... not until you are too small to fit." Amusement shining within her eyes instead of melancholy, she released a soft yawn, threads of curly brown falling against her cheeks as she did so. "Why is it... I'm not all that surprised... Honnouji Academy has a No-Tardy Day...? It seems like just the thing to do...in order to thin the ranks..."

Nevada finally noticed the note of distaste in his voice at mentioning Kendrick. "Hey... Be nice to him..." she grumbled, moving her legs down so she could snuggle up under the sheets. "Kendrick's a good friend... or, he seems to be a good guy... and he's really sweet..." Light pink dusted along her cheeks at the last words... though why, she really had no idea, and with displeasure and annoyance she laid her head down on the pillow. Her fingers played with the fabric laying near her cheek, her lips pursed in a rather cute pout uncharacteristic of the young girl.

"I just want you two...to get along...okay, Jikan...?" It was a lot to ask, seeing as how Kendrick can't hear anything the uniform says, and yet he could hear anything the young man says. Certainly this was a hurdle to overcome...though how was another issue...for another day. Nevada's eyes drifted open, the dark, sleepy depths meeting his again...only this time, she could barely focus on him. It was actually pretty cute... considering how she always puts on a tough act, or pretends as though nothing fazes the girl. "Is that... too much to ask for...?"

A heartbeat later, Nevada was fast asleep. The day had taken a lot out of her, and it was no wonder. Her expression peaceful, brown curls framing her delicate features...she looked like an angel who just fell from heaven, and with hardly a scratch. Her fingers had found Jikan's navy blue sleeve at some point, and were gripping onto the fabric rather tightly...even in sleep.

The night passed by in the blink of an eye...or at least, that is how it seemed, whenever Nevada woke up. Her eyes blinking against the harsh, merciless glare shining in through the window, she rubbed at her face in an attempt to wake up, yawning the whole time. Her curls were a mess about her cheeks...several sticking up in the back, and others just twisting here and there rebelliously. “Mm… What time is it…?” the girl murmured, looking at the clock and reading the blinking red numbers. What she found there...was anything but good. “Ah~!” Nevada cried out, quickly jumping up from the mess of sheets, rummaging around to find socks, shoes and the like. "Fuck, I was supposed to meet Kendrick and Noriko half an hour ago!"

Fuck, fuck, fuck! Nevada didn’t even bother with her hair, and instead hurried out the TARDIS’ door, wearing Jikan and her shoes -well, one shoe- and having her bag grasped tightly in one hand. “Gotta go! See you later, H.G.!” she called out before running off, leaving a trail of dust in her wake. A stinging pain started in her side after a little while...but she ignored it, and kept on. People only saw a blur...not to mention the dust, but not the girl causing all the ruckus. It wasn’t long until she reached the meeting place...both Kendrick and Noriko waiting there, one not very patiently, the other infinitely so.

Nevada skidded to a halt, panting and kneeling over, hands braced on her knees while she fought to catch her breath. “S-S-Sorry I’m late, you guys… I overslept…” Those dark brown eyes lifted, meeting two other pairs, one chocolate brown, the other chestnut brown. “I know you wanted to get a head start on...No-Tardy Day…” Just the name rolled off her tongue thickly, like poison, a fact she noticed. Kendrick chuckled. “No, it is alright… Here, I brought you another sandwich,” he spoke up, offering the gift with a pink blush while averting his eyes.

Sometime later during the night did H.G. finally return to the TARDIS closing the doors shut with a creak and switching the box into low power mode for the night. The lights dimmed as the sounds of the engines grinding to halt as H.G. moved to a nearby cabinet and pulled free a bottle of wine along with a glass. It was no secret H.G. was a definite alcoholic. Spending years alone flying inside the TARDIS and experiencing the things she did just wanted to make her drink. However thanks to her Time Lord physiology, she couldn't get drunk like a normal human could. In fact she doubted the entire bottle she just pulled would have any effect on her even if she just downed the whole thing.

Right now however the Time Lord just needed a drink to clear her mind which was a buzz with so many questions. What were these Life Fibers? Why was Satsuki Kiryuin so interested in them? What happened to Matoi's daughter Ryuko? How did the Nudists play into this? Why was Jikan created? And what was...odd about Nevada? "Ugh wonder what my ancestors or the Doctor would do?" H.G. said finishing pouring a glass before looking over at a picture of herself along with two men. "Or you what you two would have done.." She said sadly looking at the two who were laughing happily together with one another, before falling into her chair with a huff and opening up a book as she began to read while sipping on her drink.

Soon the next morning came and the clocks throughout the TARDIS control room began to ding at the turning of the fourth hour. H.G. still sat in her chair enjoying the nearly empty bottle of wine now as she finished up reading the book she had started earlier that night. "Sad ending" she mused setting the book down before hearing hurried footsteps coming down the hallway as none other than Nevada flew by her with a quick goodbye and a slam of the doors. Blinking owlishly H.G. looked at one of the nearby clocks before back at the door. "If she was in that much of a rush...I could have given her a lift to school." She said shaking her head before moving to the console and reengaging the power bringing the blue box back to life. With a flick of several switches along with the pull of a lever the TARDIS was put into flight mode. "Next stop Honnuji Academy." she said, H.G. was needed to teach class for several hours and with the staff and three stars distracted by the No-Stars it was perfect time for some detective work.

Meanwhile Jikan had remained quiet for the most part as Nevada was in such a rush he really doubted she was able to listen to him. When they finally came to a stop with her friends the Time Robe blinked his eyes slightly narrowed at Kendrick. 'Be nice Jikan, Nevada doesn't want you to try and kill him..' the Time Robe thought to himself to prevent Nevada from hearing him. Nevada was going to need his powers today and if either of these kids didn't it would upset his wearer greatly.

Turning his golden gaze away from the two group Jikan noticed a man approaching it was Gamagoori who began to explain how No-Tardy day worked exactly. Then his eyes roamed the crowd of No-Star students that had gathered around listening. The fear was palpable in their eyes at the situation. It was no doubt this was definitely not a laughing matter. The mention of all transport to the Academy was cut off and the increase of traps only meant things would be that much.

"Nevada..." Jikan said looking up at her. "How can someone do this?" He asked curiously. "These are nothing but children and yet this academy is treating them below that. Is this the Satsuki's ideal world? Where the weak are crushed while the strong laugh and enjoy themselves in their luxury?" He asked

"Blah, blah, blah..." Nevada grumbled under her breath, a hand mimicking Gamagoori as he explained how No-Tardy Day worked to the fearful students assembled. Of course she wasn't stupid enough to do it out in the open, rather, she did it behind her back, which caught Noriko's attention. The girl bit back a laugh, pink flooding across her cheeks soon after the fact. Nevada quit, and flashed a smile over in her direction before she tuned back in. Of course all transport to the Academy was cut off, and of course there was several possibly deadly traps barring their entry. What else did she expect? With her head shaking at the ridiculousness of it all, she blinked at hearing Jikan's question, thinking it over...though not too deeply. After all, there really was no need to.

Nevada shifted her weight from one foot to the other, choosing her words carefully. "It's easy, really... think about it. The strong must endure, take on life by the horns, and those who...can't do that, should be eliminated. Many people think this way. I don't, but there are quite a few who do. Satsuki is one of those people, and trust me... I don't like it any more than you do. We can't do anything about it, though... not at the moment, anyway." Her eyes lifted, the dark brown pair narrowing on Gamagoori...the girl wishing she could do something, right or not, to help the No-Stars and One-Stars who don't have special uniforms like those ranking higher. I understand cutting away people who're not worthy and all that...but to risk their lives like this? It isn't right. This is a school, goddammit. I wouldn't risk my life in order to prove that I should attend here...and I'm sure many others would feel the same way.

Frustration threatening to bubble over, Nevada quickly turned away, and faced her two friends. Noriko had a bewildered, curious look on her face, mouth hanging open and questions swirling within the brown eyes. "What is it?" Nevada sighed, one hand coming to rest upon her hip while she waited. Of course she already has an idea what was going through the girl's head...but it was better to get it out in the open than to speculate and guess wrong. Noriko blinked once, twice... before shaking her head and coming back to the present. "Why were you talking to your uniform?" she asked, putting it quite bluntly. "I know that's the only uniform you have worn lately, even though you have others... why is that?" Nevada let out a soft breath, a little bit taken back. Her friend doesn't normally pay attention to such detail, and for her to realize that she's only worn Jikan for the past couple days... it's really out of character. Casting about for something to say, Nevada scratched the back of her head, making several brown curls stick up...not that they needed much help in doing that.

"Oh, Nevada, naughty girl! You like wearing next to nothing in public, don't you?"

"What?! No!" Nevada protested in a heartbeat, blushing a dark, rosy pink. Why would she even think that? Jeez... The blush lingering along the girl's features, she cleared her throat, and decided not to answer such a silly question. "Okay... Um, well... I guess it's time..." she murmured under her breath, meaning it's time she feeds Jikan blood, and transform into that...kinkier version of him. It's just...It's just so embarrassing, wearing such a revealing outfit... especially in public! If she was to be in the privacy of her own home... maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Lifting a hand, Nevada bit into the meaty part of her thumb...biting into it over and over again, until finally the skin broke. Crimson red welling up to form a single bead of glistening liquid, she smeared her thumb into the navy blue skirt...only to feel his purr rumble over her thighs. One moment, Nevada was wearing the navy blue sailor uniform many guys like gawking at her in...and the next, she felt the fibers shift over her skin, changing into another outfit entirely. It was the strangest feeling. Bright light radiated from the young girl, making it impossible for anyone to watch the change themselves.

At last, the change was done. Nevada checked her thumb, and noticed it was still bleeding. "We need to figure out a different way we can feed you blood, Jikan..." she murmured, sticking her thumb between her lips and sucking on the self-inflicted injury. "An easier way, preferably... I can't keep biting my fingers so we can transform..."

Jikan listened intently as Nevada spoke about Satsuki's belief of allowing only the strong to attend made his golden eyes narrow slightly. Then Nevada's words concerning their ability to hamper this belief caused a light bulb to go in his stitching. "Maybe...maybe not Nevada." he suggested. "Look around us...these students are scared, I can practically feel the sense of fear and hopelessness surrounding them. The Student Council uses dramatic examples such as their Goku Uniforms to bully them into submission....they need a dramatic example to give them hope." he suggested.

Then however the conversation was cut abruptly short by Noriko whom noticed that for the past couple of days Jikan was the only thing Nevada had been wearing. Then the comment came of Nevada enjoying being half naked something that made his wearer blush deep red. For some reason Jikan felt if he had a mouth it would be forming a grin as he deliberately tightened against Nevada's chest. During one of the more recent experiences where Jikan's emotions affected his physical form he noticed the reaction the school girl had when his blouse section tightened against her feminine chest. It was a subtle process something that Nevada would definitely notice before loosening up some and tightening again acting as if his top was massaging her breasts gently. "Sorry..." Jikan said before finally loosening up. "Just a little tense is all for what we are about to walk into..." He said as Nevada began to bite her thumb and fed him blood.

Oh the thrill of being fed was exhilarating as Jikan began to emit light transforming into his skimpy armor form. If the boys around her were not gawking they were definitely having a nosebleed now at the sight of Nevada's body on full display again. At the mention of finding a different means to feed him blood Jikan purred for a moment. "I recall my brother coming equipped with a glove that allowed for such...Matoi may not have time to make one for me before his murder...I think I remember the design enough for us to create one on our own." He said

Funny, how...pleasure can be found in the smallest of things. Nevada could feel her heart, pounding against her ribs...and her nipples, hard as pebbles, rubbing against the fabric that was Jikan. A squeak had escaped the girl’s lips sometime during the transformation...and she could remember the feeling...how… how it felt so much as though...her breasts were being gently massaged. Blushing hotter, darker than ever before...she cleared her throat… trying to...gather together the pieces of her thoughts. “N-No, it’s fine… It’s… It’s to be expected, really..” she murmured, mindful to keep her voice low so neither Noriko or Kendrick could hear.

Noriko, on the other hand...was more perceptive than she thought. "Ooh! I knew it, I knew it!" she began to chant, indicating to the blushing Nevada with a grand gesture. "You do like parading around half-naked! There's no need to be ashamed! You like what you like, and that's all there is to it! Besides, Mom and Dad have always said you have a great body-" Noriko went on and on about it, striking poses and making a big deal out of a normal, biological response. Finally...enough was enough. Nevada opened her mouth to interrupt, to interject with a protest...however...it seems that her friend had other plans. "I mean, come on, Kendrick! Don't you think she has an amazing rack?!" Noriko lunged forward...and before Nevada knew it, she was being groped...and not exactly in an altogether pleasant way. The blush steadily growing darker upon the girl's cheeks, she prayed to whatever God that such embarrassing torture was going to end... and end soon. For a moment those brown eyes begged Kendrick for help...and when none came, Nevada took it on herself to break away.

"Um, anyway..." Nevada tried to pretend as though nothing happened...even though her nipples were hard as pebbles, and aching. "You think you remember the design of the glove? It would be great if we could replicate it..." Ignoring the gawking, hormonal teenagers that were still giving her looks, Nevada directed her attention on the awaiting death traps. "The...No-Tardy Day crap is about to start," she pointed out, gesturing towards the line of students already forming. "We should join them, if we're to even have a chance at making it on time..."

Jikan's own gold eyes widened in shock when Noriko decided to go into a rant concerning Nevada's body. The Time Robe found it rather...disturbing that someone else's parents were paying that much attention to a school girl's body. Then things another turn towards the strange as Noriko then decided to grope Nevada's chest. That action alone caused Jikan's own eyes to widen like baseballs in shock and disbelief. Ok what the heck, Jikan may withdraw his distaste towards Kendrick now knowing about this girl who would just openly go up and grope another.

Then again the young man was just watching a pure red face of embarrassment and arousal at the sight of two girls with one wearing a skimpy living sailor suit while the other was fondling the breasts of the risqué one. Jikan's own eyes were actually pleading Kendrick as well who had to quickly turn away feeling blood heading south for a moment and try to think of anything other than Nevada. It wasn't working. Blast why did Nevada look so...sexy in that outfit? Though the bigger question was why was it even sexier watching Nevada being groped by another girl?!

When Nevada finally freed herself of the perverted school girl and ask Jikan concerning the glove did his own embarrassment subside with an audible cough. "Y-yes Nevada I remember the design enough to replicate. Should your Art class lack the supplies...I think we should be able to make one using the resources on board the TARDIS." Jikan said before hearing Gamagoori boom yet again announcing the beginning of No-Tardy Day.

The No-Star students began their grand charge forward up the stairs before the first trap engaged and the steps slid into the ground creating a steep ramp that would stop and send a majority of the students tumbling back down. Today was going to be a frustrating day of dangerous, embarrassing, and hilarious booby traps all devised for the Elites' entertainment.

-5:00 Am.....550 traps later-
"This is pure madness Nevada.." Jikan grumbled as they along with Noriko and Kendrick were pinned down by gunfire originating from a nearby bakery. For the past hour it has been one form of obscene obstacle after another! First it was the blasted slope stairs, then a boulder fell from atop a building and came at them like a bowling ball. The classic bait luring Noriko under a pan filled with whip cream if Kendrick hadn't quickly pushed her out of the way she would have been the one with a face full of whip cream. Of course having Jikan with was helping them bypass a number of the more common traps that involved spikes and killer crocodiles. It was these insanely devised traps that made no relevant sense such as the maniacal baker shooting at them. Though the plus side was the fact they were nearly at the Academy thanks to both Nevada and Jikan clearing the route.

"Nevada..." Kendrick spoke up smelling the air with a frown. "Do you smell something..." the boy said as a muffin suddenly bonked Noriko on the head and rolled off stopping at Nevada's feet. At first glance it looked like an ordinary snack with the exception of the burning fuse sticking out of the top of it. Oh great now they were being assaulted by baked bombs.

-Honnuji Academy....Three days ago janitor closet-

The air was filled with the groaning, wheezing noise as the TARDIS materialized within the crowded confines of the closet. Finally the door swung open with a creak as H.G. emerged. "Ok..." she said under her breath. This was extremely dangerous what H.G. was about to do if the Time Lords caught wind of her crossing her own time stream they would just have another excuse to execute her. Still this was H.G.'s best chance of locating both Matoi's daughter and Jikan's missing sibling.

The ground began to shake slightly beneath H.G. indicating Gamagoori had just finished sky diving to the bottom to cut off the Goku Uniform thief just as before. Placing her ear against the janitor closet the hurried footsteps of the thief were heard then just a few minutes later came H.G.'s with Nevada in pursuit. Certain both her past self and Nevada were now well past the janitor office she was in H.G. emerged and quickly moved away from the room making sure to keep her face concealed from the students.

-Later-

The scene played out just as H.G. remembered it. Boy puts on uniform, Gamagoori kills and disrobes him at the same time, H.G. comes out and openly confronts the action, then Nevada tries to stop the Elite only to be tossed right into H.G.'s past-self before Satsuki turned on her hidden lights and began her speech. "Wish I handled that mess better than I did." H.G. said watching the event play out from an empty classroom while watching herself leave the grounds with Nevada attempting to follow quietly.

According to the Nudist, sometime following their departure Ryuko would approach the school with half of a large pair of scissors. This better be worth it, H.G. was risking a paradox just to find a lead on this situation. The hours rolled by as H.G.'s mind began to drift and wonder towards the thoughts that have been bugging her so greatly. Jikan and Nevada. Why did neither of them make any sense? Nevada's mind didn't register as a regular human's should. It was like a record skipping a note, H.G. hadn't probed the schoolgirl like she would with her enemies but merely sensing her told the Time Lord something was wrong.

Then there was Jikan, the Time Robe. Immediately her mind returned to the night she read the note that was hidden within the confines of the package with him.

" Hello Oriana....or as you call yourself now H.G. Wells. I'm sorry for what you are about to read....but it is imperative that you read this and understand. Inside this package is the beginning of your greatest peril, this bundle of clothing is not meant for you but for the one who will aid you. You must guide her my apprentice just as I once did for you. Follow her, help her, protect her. I'm sorry I'm so sorry Oriana but if you chose to go down this road, it will be dark filled with dangers far greater than that of the Time War itself and you will be forced to confront your greatest enemy. I can not stop this threat my dear friend...only you along with this girl can. Please forgive me of what you uncover during this task.

Sincerely...the Doctor"

Why was the Doctor being so manipulative? The bloody note didn't sound like him at all however there was no mistaking his handwriting or the knowledge of the name used. Oriana, the name of the Galifreyan who was forced to become a Time Lord to complete an urgent mission only to be screwed and forced to flee from Galifrey inside her TARDIS. Dark eyes narrowed at the memory as she clenched her fist slightly. What secrets were so dark and terrible that made the man she looked up to for three hundred years ask for forgiveness? Or what made H.G. far more qualified than the man that entire planets either fear or love?

The Time Lord was pulled out of her thoughts however as a lone figure approached the grounds entrance. Lifting up the binoculars next to her, H.G. gazed down to see a young girl walking forward and to H.G.'s shock was dressed in near exact replica of Jikan. Only this one was as the Time Robe described a dark almost black uniform with red trimming with a matching scarf the real noticeable difference however was the right eye of this uniform was covered with a patch with an x marking on it. The girl was around Nevada's age with short dark hair with a red streaked bang in the front and a pair of gear shaped blue eyes peering from underneath.

That didn't make sense according to the Nudist, Ryuko was not supposed to have that Kamui yet. It would seem the Nudist's info was dated and was truly incapable of seeing to his friend's last request. Or was the man lying? Too many questions needed answers and if H.G. didn't hurry her only lead would vanish. Setting the binoculars down H.G. rose from her chair and departed the empty classroom.

Most of the traps were easy to avoid, dodge, or just dispose of… but there was a few the group almost fell victim to. Noriko was a sucker for the classics, anything involving whipped cream, sweets in general, really… buckets of water suspended above doorways, glueing coins to the floor, having dollar bills taped to the end of a fishing line...the usual tricks one would play on a friend, family member or coworker. How the hell did Honnouji Academy get their hands on killer crocodiles, Nevada has no idea...but she knew it’d be better to avoid any and all traps, rather than just a few. It was exhausting, however… and she was quickly running out of steam.

Nevada just about had enough of all the bullshit, though. It was annoying, every single bit of it. There was never a moment where she, or any of the others, could just… catch their fucking breath. Was that so much to ask for?! Her eyes narrowing, anger flashing within the brown depths...Nevada glared down at the bakery bomb that dared to land near her foot, and gave a small growl. “Seriously? Seriously, now? A fuckin’ muffin bomb? How...fucking...ridiculous can you get?!” More than a little frustrated with the situation, she brought a foot back...sending the muffin flying. It wasn’t long until a bright, white light went off, blinding she and the group gathered.

“Whoa~!” Noriko blinked against the dots dancing in front of her eyes, and leaned out over the building’s rooftop, mouth practically dropping to her collarbone. “You kicked the muffin bomb straight through someone’s window~! Their entire apartment is wrecked!” Nevada couldn’t care any less at the moment, given how she’s dodged, avoided, not to mention destroyed… five hundred… and fifty fucking traps. How the hell does a high school academy get their hands on that sort of shit?!

Eyes flashing rather dangerously, Nevada didn't look upon the damage she caused onto someone's apartment building, instead placing both hands on her hips and letting out a low growl. "I can't believe this shit! Five hundred traps, and we're not even close to the Academy! Excuse me, five hundred and fifty." The last word dripping in sarcasm, contempt, among other things, Nevada glared outright at the Academy standing just beyond her reach, imagining it spontaneously combusting. Preferably... with Satsuki Kiryuin running around in circles, with her hair on fire.

"I am so done with this." Enough is enough. I'm not playing by that woman's rules anymore, no... I'm playing by mine.

Question is...no, well… better question is, will it work? Nevada hadn’t tried it before, but there was no better time than the present to experiment. Besides… the last idea worked wonders… this one’s bound to do the same. Her fingers tapping a rhythm on her hip, Nevada lowered her gaze from the ever-present Academy, and met the golden eyes of the clothing she’s come to call… friend, and partner. "Do you trust me?" she asked, giving him her trademark grin. "I have an idea... okay?" It runs parallel to Time Pause, only... she wasn't planning on stopping time. Her eyes lifting from his to meet those of Kendrick and Noriko... before moving back to the Academy, she let out a soft sigh while straightening her shoulders. "Here goes nothing..." The twin brown depths narrowing into what could be considered a glare, Nevada concentrated with all her might... little furrows forming between her eyebrows meanwhile. Come on... Come on... she thought over and over again.

While she meant to do it, Nevada would never have expected it to work so... well. The smoke billowing out of the apartment window slowed to a stop, the crackling no longer filling the empty silence. Noriko was frozen, a finger pointing out the Academy in all its glory... and as for Kendrick, he was already frozen in place, only looking at Nevada, light glinting off his glasses. "Wow..." Nevada murmured under her breath, moving forward to wave a hand in front of his face. "It really worked."

A heartbeat later, Nevada felt a weight fall onto her shoulders… a weight that felt as though it could easily snap her spine in two.

I thought this might happen… Nevada tried to throw her shoulders back, to alleviate the weight somehow or another… but alas, it stayed exactly where it was. It wasn’t long until she began feeling fatigue creep along her skin… and slowly, slowly sink into her bones. I don’t have much time. I have to get going, or else I’d have done this for nothing. Luckily, touching Noriko and Kendrick was enough to break them from… the time pause, or whatever she’s going to call it in the future. Gazing about in wonder, the two looked to her with questions in their eyes, but she shook her head.

“Don’t ask; we don’t have much time as it is, and I’d like us to hurry.” Besides… Nevada had no answers to give, if there was questions asked. How she did it, exactly, she had no idea… It was only an idea, nothing more, but now that she actually turned it into a reality… well, who knows. If it gets them to Honnouji Academy safely, without injury… then that’s all she could really hope for, isn’t it? Nevada’s shoulders heavier than anything she’s ever experienced before… and a deep ache residing within her bones, and growing steadily heavier, the young girl led the way… hoping Time Stop will last just long enough.

If it didn’t… Nevada, Noriko, and Kendrick… had no chance, what with the traps and people aiming for their heads.

Nevada was carrying the weight of their school careers, not only the Time Stop, upon her shoulders. It was a heavy burden, indeed… but if she could just get them to Honnouji Academy before homeroom starts...it would all be worth it. Her cheeks taking on a dark, rosy red blush from exertion, Nevada led her friends past all the booby traps, making sure nothing was going to suddenly… oh, give out under their feet. This little trick of hers may stop time, but some things can put things back into motion, if her gut feeling is right.

There was a few mishaps along the way, Noriko being the idiot she was. Nevada loved her to death, but really... this wasn't the time to be gawking at all the frozen people. Every moment she held onto the Time Stop, the deeper the ache became... and the more her stomach churned. It wasn't long until fatique replaced the ache, making it difficult to move as fast as she needed to. Gritting her teeth, she climbed over a tall, imposing wall covered in spikes, helping first Noriko, and then Kendrick up over it. At this point, Nevada was about to reach her limit, that much she knew for certain. It was getting hard to breathe...and harder to move.

Honnouji Academy was within reach; the twin walls that make up its entrance was just over the horizon, taunting the trio. No other students have come so far. In the distance, there was agonized screams, blood-curdling cries of pain.

“Finally…” Nevada panted, having reached the end of her rope. Every inch of her body felt as though it was on fire…and her skin, like it was stretched tight over the muscles and bone. Her lungs ached with every breath the girl took. Brown curls laid against her pale cheeks, shadows under her eyes making the girl appear shallow, like a husk of herself. Yes… she pushed herself way too far this time, but if it meant that she and her friends were going to continue attending school together… it was well worth it. Her fingers trembling, she curled a hand into a fist, and gestured for Noriko and Kendrick to follow. “We don’t have much farther. Come on, let’s go, before anything happens.” There were no more traps, not that she could see, at least. Nevada finally released the Time Stop, and birds began filling the silence with their chirping.

It was almost eerie, all of it was.

A grin spreading across Nevada's features, brightening the brown eyes that had dulled with fatigue, she took a step forward... and tumbled forward. Kendrick managed to catch her before her face could meet the ground, however... she had no strength left to even stand. Her knees felt weak, her muscles like rubber. Nevada slowly moved down until she was sitting where they are, the light revealing just how truly pale the girl was. "You guys go on without me," Nevada told her friends after a moment or two. "I need to rest for a minute, but I'll be right behind you." Doubt bubbled to the surface, clouding her mind. Will she have the strength to get back up onto her feet?

Of course, Noriko began wailing something about 'I can't, I can't, I can't leave my best friend behind' or some nonsense like that... and Kendrick just shook his head, acting chivalrous about it all. Nevada wasn't trying to be noble, no, she was just looking out for her friends. It won't help matters any if they decide to wait on her, will it? No. An annoyed scowl making its way across the girl's features, she met each friend's gaze in turn, silencing the girl with a single look. "Really, guys? You're going to sit around here and wait on me, when we've worked so hard to get this far? Absolutely no freakin' way. I'm not going to let you guys do that.Now shoo, before I sart kicking your butts over that wall there."

Noriko left first, reluctantly, of course, and crying all the while. Kendrick, on the other hand, left after a minute or so... and with the strangest expression on his face. Finally alone, Nevada allowed herself to collapse where she sat, spent... exhausted, and just ready to sleep the day away. Every part of her body ached. It hurt to breathe, it hurt to lay down, it hurt to do... well, anything. "Pretty neat trick back there, huh...?" she murmured to Jikan, chuckling.

Jikan chuckled weakly at Nevada's comment about developing a new Time technique. "Yeah...but it really can put a strain on both of us..." The Time Robe muttered as they were engulfed in a shower of shimmers as he reverted to his normal form. "I have to change back or you would have passed out from blood loss. It would be disgraceful if we lost right in front of the Academy no?" he asked chuckling again as his eyes were on the verge of shutting. "You were impressive out there by the way." he suddenly spoke up. "Makes me proud to be your uniform." he commented with a hint of pride in his voice.

-Meanwhile within the Academy's Control Room-

"Impressive seems that No-Star is really showing promise." Reya muttered with a smirk as she stood with her arms crossed overseeing the monitors within the control room while the technicians operated the various traps in the obstacle course. With Satsuki busy overseeing the planning of several future events, Gamagoori was supposed to oversee this operation but he was forcefully pulled away on the demands of and quote 'the demand of a dreamy romantic date' by the request of his girlfriend. Hmph for a man so dedicated to enforcing the rules it apparently doesn't take much to have him whipped by his own woman. So with nothing better to do and eager to observe this girl she was suppose to duel in a few days Reya took it upon herself to command No-Tardy Day.

It was no secret Nevada only made it this far because of her Kamui so no doubt the others were jealous of the unfair advantage Nevada possessed. After all just glancing at several of the screens she could see students glaring and whispering amongst themselves wondering why Nevada didn't help them as well. Hmm maybe this would work to her advantage. "What is the current threat level of the traps?" Reya asked the operators.

"The setting is currently at 35% of full power. Casualties are minimal with moderate injury levels present." The operator said as Reya smirked.

"Good raise it to 100% now and lockdown this room" Reya said as the staff present stopped what they were doing to look at her. "Now or I will have each of you dragged before Lady Satsuki for insubordination." Reya ordered as the technicians hesitantly turned back to their screens and did as they were told. "Lets see what you will do now Nevada." she said with a smirk will the little girl hurt try to save more people or give up?

-Back out front with Nevada and Jikan-

Within a few minutes after Jikan's last words they would hear loud mechanical grinding occur within the city beneath them. Followed by the howls of anguish and pain from the students still running the course unlike before however, it was worse. Much worse than what could have been imagined. The sounds forced Jikan's eyes back open as he gazed out at the chaos that was being heard. "N-Nevada...they can't be doing what I think they are...are they?!" He asked in disbelief this was a new level of extreme even for the Academy.

-Meanwhile with H.G.-
"Oi!...Oi! Wait up." H.G. said approaching the figure in the empty hall as she turned to look at the Time Lord. "Are you by chance Ryuko Matoi?" she asked receiving a glare in return from the schoolgirl in front of her as she reached into the pouch attached to her skirt. Next thing H.G. would find was half of a large red scissor pointing at her. "I'll take that as a yes." she calmly replied raising her hands up to show she meant no harm

"Who are you?" Ryuko asked as the eye on her uniform blinked at H.G.

"H.G. Wells, I'm a teacher here at Honnuji Academy." Ryuko didn't lower the blade even for a second. "And a friend to you and your uniforms brother." H.G. added as the eye on the uniform narrowed even further as she opened her mind to hear the uniform speak.

"My brother?" Senketsu asked in confusion "I am not certain what she is talking about Ryuko." He said as his eye gazed up at his wearer. "I have no sibling."

"Are you sure?" H.G. asked as both suddenly jumped shocked the woman before them was capable of hearing the uniform speak. "I can hear you as well Mr. Stitches." she commented gently pressing her hand on the tip of the Scissor blade and gently pushed it down. "Now we can stand here and keep making a scene with you pointing that thing at me...or you can listen to me and let me explain why I'm here." she said.

Back
Top Bottom