Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

"I wish, but its math, boring ole math." Gab said throwing away some more trash for Gabriel.

The two went to their math class together and sat next to each other just listened to the teacher go on and give them homework on the very first day!

Soon though it was gym class, and Jude got changed in the guys locker room before jogging outside, whenever it was nice they would have gym outside.

Gabriel changed and walked over to Jude to stand by him. He saw kids glancing terrified in their direction. He looked up as the coach entered. "Wonder what game we're playing?" He asked grinning at Chase.

"Alright gals and guys line up!" The hands of a woman clapped loudly together, "I am Mrs. Fisher, and today we will be playing a good old game of soccer, everyone is playing, so I don't wanna hear excuses." The blonde woman smiled. This was always a good game to play to show endurance, skill and teamwork. Chase made a face,

"Looks like soccer, not my game." He groaned but lined up. Everyone else did too, Jude moved from Gabriel's right and stood on Chase's right who shifted nervously at the move.

"Okay! Count off, one and two those will be the teams." It was clear now, Jude had moved to get on Gab's team.

Gabriel grinned as they counted off. He immediately headed toward the goalie position. He would play this position and crouched grinning. He stood ready waiting and watching. He would not let the ball in.

The teams split and a girl took the other goal, that girl being Allison, she saw Gabriel and waved before giving him a your going to lose challenging look although friendly.

The game was about ready to begin, Jude looked over his shoulder and gave Gab a thumbs up.

Gabriel smirked and waited for a soccer ball. When the whistle blew a soccer ball was kicked in his direction. He waited then took action his foot swinging out kicking the ball back across to Jude and grinning. Then He smirked at Alison. Yeah they were going to win no hands!

Jude took the ball and ran with it in a dribble of soccer ball between his feet. He ran passed several kids because no one was trying to stop him.....

Allison groaned loudly as Jude advanced towards the goal in free range, "COME ON! GUYS GET IN THERE!" She shouted in protest and slowly the other team started to move but not before Jude went for a goal, but Allison proved to be a good goaly as she taught it back out and onto the field.

Gabriel watched grinning. He could see Jude have free range before Alison kicked it back out. Then they converged on him. He smirked competively. "Show me what you got!" He said as his team try to blocker the kicker. As the ball was kicked his way, his foot kicked it away from the goal and he smirked with satisfaction. He was awesome at this game. Maybe they had a soccer team with an open goalie position?

Another boy got the ball that Gabriel kicked out taking it back down the field again, but was almost malled over by a girl who had a gleam of pure concentration in her eyes as she ran. She doged out most people and when Jude swiped for the ball, she kicked it, dodge around him, and raced on.

"Bah-ha, ha, ha! Here I come goalie!" She announced and kicked the ball up before shooting her foot out and kicking it sideways before it hit the ground again, scoring the first point of the game.

"Whoa.....who is she?" Chase asked in a stunned way,

"Don't know...." Jude comment back.

The girl had maroon hair down to her waist that was curly and striking ice blue eyes.

Gabriel groaned then smirked. "That's just luck. You can't do it again." He smirked widely then threw it into the direction of Jude. "Catch!" he yelled a wide smirk on his lips.

The girl turned and smiled brightly at Gabriel, "Heh, maybe! Or maybe its skill! All I know is I scored and that feels awesome! Ba-ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" She seemed genuinely happy to just have scored that once. Running off with her arms flopping behind her, Fea. The new girl raced to get back in the game.

Meanwhile, Jude had bumped the ball with his knee and passed it off than ran down field, it seemed for maybe just this moment the fear of him vanish in favor for the want and competitive teenage desire to win.

Allison dived and the ball grazed fingers but it went in.

The goalies seemed to be good. Maybe too good as the game went on without many goals being made. The ones that were making the points where Jude, Fea and a couple others. The P.E. teacher blew her whistle,

"Last goal calls game!!!" She blew the whistle tossing the ball into the middle, it was stolen by Chase who ran it than passed it to Fea.

Gabriel blinked because one sentence was screaming at him. DO NOT LET HER IN! He tightened his position as the girl came closer. "Nooo!" The ball flew at him and he slammed his fist into it knocking it toward hopefully one of his team mates. "Come on guys! Let's win this!" He yelled then turned watching the field and the game.

"Ah! ha! ha!, nice save! Oh boo!" Fea said cheerily running in place staying there just in case the ball came her way again.

The ball was passed brillantly with team work and jude reared back and kicked the last and final winning point!!! They had won!!!

Cheers exploded loudly and Jude ran to give Gabriel a high five as kids started surrounding him offering back slaps and compliments.

"Alright, Alright either shower or go home either way, get off my feild!"

Gabriel laughed happily as other kids left. He walked up to the coach timidly. "Um uh h--hi." He looked up at the coach. "Um coach--coach I--I have a question. Um is-is there maybe a-a s-soccer team like maybe somewhere nearby?" He finished the last of his question in a rush. He grinned at Jude and slapped his high five back.

Mrs. Fisher peered over her clipboard at Gabriel as he stumbled to ask his question, "Matter of fact, um," She paused not knowing his name directly yet but went on anyways, "I help sponsor the team and coach it, its not technically a school sport, but its pretty popular around here," She held out a little card, "This the address were we practice, its a nice field in district C, its were we have most of our games as well." The gym teacher thought for a moment than took out two more cards, "That shortie with the maroon hair, if you see her give her one, too, she is good." Lastly Mrs. Fisher turned her eyes on Jude who had stuck his hands in his pocket and simply been politely waiting for Gab to get done with his talk. However when he felt the woman's eyes on him, Jude raised his nature colored eyes nervously to show his attention.

However Mrs. Fisher did not listen to the gossip of the other teachers or student body, so she only smiled at Jude offering the last card, "Your good too kid, with some practice better."

Jude however surprised he looked eventually shook his head no, "Sorry coach..... I have other things I have to do."

Gabriel smiled hugely. "Cool! Awesome#!" He laughed and took the card. "Yeah i'll give it to her!" He said. "Oh and my name's Gabriel. Gabriel Weren! I'll totally be there!" He grinned and put the card in his pocket. "Come on J!" He said taking his arm and pulling him back to the school.

"Gabriel, Weren, got it," She said as she wrote it down on her clip board before tucking it underneath her arm. She clicked her pen shut and pointed at Jude, "You keep thinking about it." Jude only offered a smile before Gabriel tugged him away and they went towards the boy locker rooms,

"I'm gonna shower here." Jude spoke as they entered the locker room going to his locker they had been assigned earlier.

Chase stepped out his hair wet towel around his waist, "My shower is free."

"Ok cool. Thanks." He stepped in and started showering. All he could think about was Jude. He didn't have time right? Because of his stupid association with--with those guys in f district. His lower lip came out in a pout. Maybe there was just some way to make sure that just for one day the business was shut down. Then Jude could spend time with him. Just the two friends like before. Before he was pulled away from him.

Jude grabbed his things and waited before slipping into another shower when it was free. He blinked at the water that ran down his face just standing there and going over the last two days in his mind, it was crazy, everything that has been happening, "Maybe....Evermile was the last and right choice." He said finally before washing quickly and rinsing letting the water run down his back for a moment, "At least thanks to Gab." Jude still could not get over how much the raven head had stood up for him, listened, and believed him. It meant so much....Jude could hardly express how much and its still wowed him intensely.

Stepping out of the shower part and drying off behind the curtain he dressed into some fresh clothing shoving his gym stuff in his bag, "Hey, Gab, want to do our math homework together?" So far it was the only class he had that have given real homework. The teen tried to comb his hair with his fingers.

Now what would make that business shut down for the day? He pursed his lips thinking. Hmm maybe when Oliver was down he could help him think and plan. He dressed then emmerged grinning. "Yeah I'm game." He said putting his gym clothes away. He smiled and stepped over and opened the locker. "Where should we go for that?" He asked grinning.

Jude slung his bag over his shoulder and grinned back as they stepped into a walk out of the school building together and onto the sidewalk, "I dunno....anywhere really," Jude gave a shrug before thinking about it a bit more, "We could go to the park, or our spot." Jude felt a bit warm not enough to actually blush, but he felt his face heat up, maybe because he never had a place with someone before and it pleased him greatly and that was a bit embarrassing, ah the craze of emotion.

They stopped at the bus stop and got on the bus that took them pretty close to Gabriel's neighborhood. At least the city was good enough to give the students month passes for the city bus, there were no real school buses in the big apple.

Gabriel grinned widely. "I know exactly which one!" He cried laughing. Then he lowered his voice. "Let's go to our spot." He smiled and when they got off the bus Gabriel headed toward the fountain he had been to so many times.

Jude felt himself shiver a bit in his coat as Gabriel lowered his voice whispering about going to their spot, it sounded nice, he liked the ring to it, our spot. He followed Gabriel with a small yawn, the week of sleep he had missed out on pretty much only collecting the amount of one night. Yet he smiled and kept pace with Gab, glad to be hanging out with him regardless. The two found a spot and sat, and Jude got out his book looking at the fountain, it was not as spectacular as at night, but it still was nice to look at,

"Kay, Gab lets get this stuff done, its pretty easy, I am guessing because its last year review," Jude observed but still shook his head with distaste, "I don't like math, what about you Gab?"

Gabriel sat down and pulled out his book frowning deeply. "Math and I don''t get along. We hate each other if you know what I mean." He sighed though flipping through the pages until he got to his homework. "Nine times out of ten the answers are either wrong or I didn't write the work down. So stupid!" He semiraged pulling out his pencil and frowning deeply.

Jude nodded in agreement, “I can help with the work, I know how to do it longhand, I never really used a calculator much.” And Jude did just that. The boys worked through the homework from the first day and now the second day getting answers and comparing and sharing with each other, the homework went a lot faster with each other. Jude got up and stretched heavily, “Done, what you want to do now, Gab?” Jude shoved his hands lazily into his back pockets and looked towards his friend. He was game for anything really, they had a good four to five hours to kill into Jude had to go to work.

Back
Top Bottom