Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

Gabriel laughed. "Thanks J!" he yelled smiling. "Come on Chase we're gonna be late and I don't want to be!" he grabbed the teen's wrist and dragged him up the stairs and into the classroom. He let go at last and sat down smirking silently to himself. It didn't matter what the rest of these kids thought about Jude Gabriel wouldn't believe them. He smirked "I bet no one except me has ever given him a chance! People like to judge before they even meet him! Oh well who cares anyway! It doesn't matter what you guys think! Jude's my friend!" He smirked once again and looked towards the front as the class was filling up.

Chase was just gaping like a fish really and allowed himself to be led up the stairs. Chase took his seat and started chattering to Allison about what just happened.

Surprisingly, Jude was talking quietly with the teacher, the teacher seemed skeptical and Jude seemed uncomfortable almost embarrassed as his finger did its twitching motion.

The class lite up in a buzz after Gabriel spoke out loud not even realizing it, or maybe not caring,

"Oh man! He is committing social suicide!" Chase groaned into his arm and shaking his head. Allison just nodded her head looking over at the new kid.

The science teacher clapped her hands to gain attention, "We will be pairing into groups today, we will be doing a lot of group work in this class to prepare you for university and overall life. Groups are random. You may not change groups. Now, first group, Gena, Micheal, Kenny and Laure. Second group, Johnny, Sarah, Heather, and Rose. Group three, Jason, Mason, Cyrus, and Melamine. Group four, Gabriel, Allison, Chase and Jude." The call went on this way.

Gabriel frowned at the two of them. "Whatever!" He said sliding his chair next to Jude's. "Hey J!" He said grinning widely. He studied the boy closely scrutinizing him to make sure he had got some sleep. "Did you Jude get some sleep?" He smirked at him daring anyone to talk about him with Jude around.

Jude looked relieved when Gabriel scooted his chair next to his, at least he would have someone not petrified sitting next to him. His green orbs looked back at Gabriel and smiled lightly nodding, "Sure did, Gab, got loads of it, I am okay now, Gab."

Their other two teammates looked uneasy at the two across the table from them or more so Jude. Allison flicked her brown eyes around as chase did the same with his blue ones.

"Good! I'm glad! K so maybe we should get on with this project!" He sounded angry and his hands were shaking as he gripped the table. He didn't care what they said about Jude. He was so angry about that true, but there was nothing he could do. He was also angry that had they talked about him. He was right there! "If I wanted to be talked about I could have stayed in MA!" He hissed angrily.

All other individuals at the table got a bit wide eyed at Gabriel and his angry words and movements. Chase and Allison quickly exchanged looks seeming to have a silent talk before Chase shook his red head back and forth,

"Gabe, we were not talking about you not in a bad way man, we are just....concerned that's all." The ebony skinned girl nodded her agreement before standing, "I will get the supplies okay?"

Jude just shifted awkwardly and glanced out the window.

Gabriel frowned deeply. "Concerned for what? That I'm gonna end up dead cuz Jude killed me? Tch get real! Jude wouldn't hurt me! It's been several weeks and I'm not dead!" His fist hit the table with a thud then he sighed and raised his hand. "Um excuse me is it all right if I get a drink of water?" He asked.

Chase looked rather startled and so did Jude but for completely different reasons yet the same.

"Whoa Gabriel! It's just you were having problems with this guy and he....he is." The boy stumbled over his words looking unsure and confused eyes flicking towards Jude with fear and high uncertainty. Allison just got back with the stuff and set it down awkwardly and rested a hand on Chase's not knowing what was happening.

Jude blank at this all and found himself flushing and he did not know why, maybe he was not used to people sticking up for him, or maybe he was embarrassed that Gab did it or both. Jude lightly touched Gabriel before he raised his hand and the teacher let him go to get a drink.

You don't have to do this for me, Gab. Was his thought as he watched the gray eyed male go.

Gabriel pulled away and stormed out. He walked down and leaned against the wall arms folded an angry scowl on his face. "I don't give a damn! Jude is my firend and I won't let you stupid little rumors ruin the chance I've got! Fuck that!" He moved away drinking water from the fountain before taking several deep breaths and finally calming down. "Don't let them get you this angry Gabriel. Hide it. Don't let it show." He walked back and sat down. "Hey Chase didn't mean to lash out at you. It's just well...never mind. Problems with my friend from MA long distance." Gabriel looked away at the board then grinned. "Ok let's do this!" He tried to put excitement.

The silence was more than uncomfortably awkward whilst Gabriel was gone off to get water.

Upon his returned, Chase gave a uncertain half smile, "It's okay man, really, I don't wanna upset you or insult you or anything man, your a cool guy." Chase was not some bully, or anything just a concerned guy caught up in rumors and what the population believed like most of society. He honestly did care about Gabriel, and his well-being. Jude observed this and could not help let a ghost of a smile on his face.

It's nice Gab has others that care for him, friends. But Jude could tell the excuse Gab gave was all a bunch of crap, he had an easy tell that Chase either did not catch or ignored for the sake of peace.

Allison passed out the worksheets to everyone and epped when Jude thanked her for his paper while giving a shaky nod.

Chase got a good look at the paper than groaned, "Ah this is boring this is book work that we do than discuss abut it together than turn it in. Lame!" Allison sighed taking out her text,

"And its about different parts of experiments like control group and stuff and what is a theory we done this like a million times." Jude gave a soft sigh nodding in agreement but keeping quiet as he took out his book. The tawny haired teen seemed very...withdrawn as if he did not know how to interact, but could you really say you could not see why?

Gabriel rolled his eyes. "Um this is easy." He said laughing. He smirked at the paper. "Are you serious me and Oliver have totally aced this paper. What here in new york you don't get it in like eightth grade?" He started laughing. "Ok let's do this." He smirked at jude a smile present on his lips and his shoulders shaking with laughter.

Jude rolled his eyes as he opened his book when Gabriel got done teasing their school, "Of course we done things like this before Gab, we are not that bad, its just as boring now as it was back in eight, ninth, grade." Jude chuckled before picking up his pencil with a light bored sigh.

Chase and Allison exchanged looks for a moment before getting to work.

The time passed and the group discussed together mostly when Jude talked and finished Allison and Chase would be very quiet and look at each other letting Gabriel respond to Jude.

Gabriel did finish and when the time was up he grabbed his books and left the first one out the door. He headed towards his ancient history class and slipped grinning. They were talking about Greece and he was excited to talk about it. As the class filled he waited impatiently for everyone.

Jude was not in this history class even if he was in history class it was standard world history. Bored out of his mind at the overall crash introduction to the course, I mean they went over the same stuff again and again WW1, WW2, Vietnam War, Cold War, Revolutionary War, Spanish-American War, Progressive Era, and the Great Depression. The same old topics with maybe a splash more information. It was pointless, most adults did not remember the facts so what was the point? Yet Jude knew it is what it was the whole school thing. So he took notes and wondered if he see Gab gain today?

Soon it was lunch and Jude walked slowly in no hurry to eat alone again, school really was a downer in the since that it reminded him how much he was alone.

Gabriel enjoyed his class. At the end he was grinning widely. He walked into the cafeteria and stood against the wall his homemade lunch in his hand waiting for Jude. He saw Chase and Alison, but he stood waiting pretending that he was looking for an empty table to sit at.

Jude entered the lunch room and gazed around, delightful surprised filled his leaf green orbs as they fell on Gab, "Yo Gab!" He called enthusiastically loud with a wave of his arm as he walked over clamping the arm over the taller teens shoulders, "We got the same eating period great! Want to find a place to eat? We can't go off grounds but we don't have to eat in the lunch room, there is the court yard and around the building."

Chase as about to call out to Gabriel as they got in the lunch line, but saw Jude and stopped.

"Yeah let's go outside!" Gabriel said grinning pulling the younger after him towards what he hoped was the outside. As he opened the doors he stepped out grinning widely. "Fresh air!" He cried walking over to the picnic table and sitting down. "Sweet fresh air!" He said now laughing as he opened his lunch and grinning at Jude.

Jude could only chuckle as Gabriel led him outside and too a picnic table, the green eyed boy stretched and took in the sweet fresh air a it was not too cold out just turning fall. "They should make school outside or at least part of it, besides gym, by the way, mine is eight period is yours, Gab?" Jude asked seeming to be back to himself around Gabriel when they were alone. He plopped down on the bench and started unwrapping a piece of gum, rolling it up, and sticking it into his mouth.

"Yeah!" Gabriel said then watched Jude. "What you don't have anything? If you want I could totally pay for a lunch for you!" He opened his own lunch and brought a ham sandwich grinning and unwrapping it. He looked at Jude then split the sandwich right down the middle offering the other half to the younger teen. "I--I know you got gum and stuff, but here. It's awesome! My mom makes the best sandwiches! Go on take it!"

When asked, Jude gave a shrug, "Nah, I don't but that's okay, gum gives you calories." The brilliant green eyed boy assured his worrywart of a friend, "No need for all that Gab, really," Jude stretched and just enjoyed the outdoors the feel of the refine wind and the pure company of Gabriel. It kept seeming like they were not going to be friends and than they were, this made a thoughtful frown go over his lips but it changed to a soft smile as Gabriel offered up half his sandwich, "Alright Gab, since I feel like you won't stop till I do." The half offered slipped out of the older teen's hand as Jude took a small bite, "Your mom is a regular chef."

Gabriel nodded. "Yeah she's awesome! I think she got a job over in district b!" He finished his half and laid out the rest. Some chips, deviled eggs, potato salad, some cookies, and a cherry pepsi. He smirked and pulled out the deviled eggs beginning to eat them. "Oh man! There so delicious!" He moaned in delight.

"Wow Gab really man! That is one heck of a spread!" Jude let out a whistle at the lunch it was more food than he saw at one time especially for lunch! Jude at the sandwich slowly savoring it, "Did she? Great, she will make a lot of folks happy with her food, Gab." The teen sighed in satisfaction.

Gabriel laughed. "Oh yeah! Me and Oliver used to just pig out during lunch!" He laughed and started eating more of the food trying his best to offer some to Jude. After a while he grinned. "You know I'm arranging for him to come down during the fall break. Maybe you can meet him. That is if you get time." He said sadly.

Jude took the food when Gabriel offered it and soon they were basically sharing the same lunch at this point. He bit into a chip crunching it as he chewed, "I can picture that," Jude envisioned with chuckles. The news made Jude smile even more, "That sounds epic Gab! I bet you are off the wall with excitement!" Jude noticed the sad expression and paused, "Hey, I bet I will get to meet your bestie, I will plan some time," Jude reached over tapping the other teens hand with his own, "Don't worry so much, Gab."

"Yeah I am! It's not that far away!" He smiled then nodded. "Ok cool! He's cool trust me!" They finished the lunch then stood going and throwing the trash away. "So what class is next? Oh yeah gym right?" He asked with a big grin.

Back
Top Bottom