Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beginning (Ku and Cree)

Chase stood up to and lead the way into the busy hallways, "Oooooh, I see, so you made a friend here and than he ditched ya, damn guy sorry, but I gotta say, its not uncommon a lot of people are assholes and only want something from you, so who was the jerk?" Chase asked walking up a flight up stairs, "Yeah, me and my uncle Tim, since I was two, oh and Allison, she is my sister from another mister, you know, my bestie, maybe you will meet her." He conversed.

Gabriel flinched then sighed. "Jude Harper! Do you know him at all? Maybe you can pass along a message that I'm angry at him!" Gabriel stormed up the stairs. "Oh ok cool. Maybe I will!" he smiled slightly.

Chase stopped in his tracks, dead in his tracks and a few students stumbled to stop protesting asking what his deal was and such. But Chase swallowed before moving again. He rushed up after and tugged Gabriel to a nook in the hallway before facing him,

"Did you say Jude? Harper? Oh man Gabriel! You don't wanna mess with that kid! He is nothing but trouble! And this is coming through a new yorker man, Harper hangs in F-district rumor has it with gangs, he got kicked out of both Lannnburg and SandyOakens, he is bad news, Gabe, very bad news."

Gabriel blinked. "w--what? No he--he he showed me around. G gangs?" his eyes were wide and Gabriel just stood there staring completely shocked. He leaned against the wall and stared at the students streaming by.

Chase nodded still a bit wide eyed from the news himself, "Y-yeah man, people are freaked of him...he is no good." Chase rested a hand on his shoulder, "Maybe he wanted you to join or wanted something off of you or something? I don't really know, but come on we are going to be late for science."

Gabriel stared then stumbled upstairs his eyes still frozen wide and his mouth clamped shut. Finally he spoke in a whisper. "But he--he he kept me away from f district!" he said staring around wildly.

Chase just shook his head and patted Gabriel sympathetically seeing the guy was having a really rough time, "I just don't know his aim, but he had one, guys like that always do." Chase put his hand on his back steering the raven haired boy into the class, "Come on, before we are late."

Gabriel sat in the back and looked at the desk. Tears were stinging in the corners of his eyes and fell. He sobbed into his shirt completely ignoring the teacher. "Why? No!" he tried to control himself, but sobbed harder leaning against the desk. If the teacher tried to call on him he just kept ignoring them and sobbed.

Chase had seen Allison and went to go be partners with her at her lab table, he was trying to signal Gabriel to come join them, but he was to busy, was he crying? Chase made to get up and go over, but the door opened and the room went still.

It was Jude Harper.

Jude looked worse for wear, he was pretty paler than normal and had bags under his eyes of a man who worked a long hard shift. He kept his gaze averted and tired pretend that the whole room was not holding their breaths, it was always like this, but Jude had become no less used to it.

"Mr. Harper you are late."

"I know. I'm sorry. It won't become a thing." His voice rather quiet.

"Well. See that it does not." Was her crisp answer, "Take a seat."

Jude let his eyes come up to sweep for an empty seat and took one in the back, slouching in the seat he stared at the person in front of him, staring at the back of his head, wait, he knew that head!

"Gab?" He whispered and reach out to touch the male's shoulder.

Gabriel whirled around tears pouring down his cheeks. "How could you!" he was yelling his loss of control of himself apparent. "How could you Jude Harper! What the fuck! You come and hang the fuck out with me then you just fuckin disappear! No goddamn call! Only that one goddamned phone call!" he was leaning toward Jude angry and hurt at the same time. "Is your goddamn gang so important that you would give up friendship!! Just like that!! Maybe you are bad news!!!!!!!!!!! I just thought that you would care to at least say goodbye!!!!! But I guess not!!!!"

If the class was silent then you could about hear a pen drop. A breath, certainty your own heart beat. Everyone's thoughts were mixed between fear and awe, the new kid was crazy and obviously he did not know who he was screaming at! Chase swallowed and moved forward to Gabriel's side, "Easy Gabe, lets go to the nurse, teacher, he needs the nurse." Chase looked fearfully at Jude and tugged at Gabriel easing him out of the isle and towards the hall with a effort on his part.

Jude had gone rigid and wide eyed as Gabriel freaked out in angry sobs at him. Jude started shaking his head to deny that he was nothing but bad news about ending the friendship, but stopped. As much as it ached to even think it, Gabriel had a point, there was not enough time in his life for both, and Gabriel deserved much better, a hell of a lot better. Jude stared at his lap wincing finally the teachers voice interrupted the silence Gabriel left behind,

"Two minutes in my class and you cause issues for my students! I heard things Jude Harper but Jillian was right! Out out of my class! Go get it changed! Go to the consular! Or just leave! Whatever you do, OUT!" Jude did not even say a word of protest, he just got up and left, head down and eyes averted. Only then did anyone realize the rumored gangster had come to class and school empty handed.

Gabriel collapsed in the hall. "I--I can't! Why Jude. Why?" He jumped up and ran off tearing down the hall and down the stairs. "Fine what the fuck ever Jude Harper! I don't need you! I hate you!" he knew though he didn't. He tore down the hall and collapsed at the door at the nurse's office. He didn't move then just lay on the floor.

Chase opened his mouth to say something else but Gabriel was off racing and running. Chase who was on the move having run track since middle school he kept pace with Gabe. And when he collapsed Chase was there to pick him up right off the ground and into the nurses office, where he was laid down.

Chase explained what happened the the nurse excused him back to class. "Just lay here hun, it will be okay, listen here, I don't know what all is going on here bout things, but I know Mr. Harper since I am the school nurse for all the high schools and he aint half he things these kids say he is." The kind nurse spoke getting Gabriel some water, "Want me to call your parents hun, come pick you up?"

Meanwhile, Jude wondered the halls unsure what do with himself before deciding to go visit Yanna, at least she liked him enough to look at him.

"Y yeah p p p please!" he let more tears flow down his cheeks. He didn't care about school right now. He needed to be alone to think things over. He thought about Chase. "He might be a good friend! Maybe he won't leave me!"

Yanna nodded and told the secretary to dial Gabriel's parents numbers. She came back in giving the boy some tissues, "Breath easy hun, you make yourself feel sick if those tears keep up." She advised sympathetically rubbing his back, "Chase is a good boy, keeps his nose clean and everything." She hesitated, "But I can't help but defend Mr. Jude just a touch, he is a real sweet boy."

Jude allowed himself into Yanna's office and sat in the chair right outside the main door, he spoke softly, "Hey Yanna? You busy? Can we talk? I don't think Evermile is going to work out..."

"Come in here Jude, hun." Jude got up and stepped in, took one look at Gabriel before retreating like a scolded puppy, "I.....don't think I should...."

"Nonsense, you need me to check you both out, so go on and sit over there." Jude sat in a chair near the window as Gabriel was sitting on the bed.

"No I don't think so! I'm sorry, but--" he broke off as Jude came in and turned away from the boy. He sighed then turned back. "Yeah I hope your right. He seems cool. Jude I'm going Home!" he said sliding over more towards Jude.

Jude hesitantly looked up at Gabriel when he said he was going home. "O-oh-okay, Gab- um Gabriel, hope you feel aright soon, really." There was concern shadowing the boy's face despite how Gab may feel about him, Jude was still concerned for his um well, just concerned for him.

" Jude when is the last time you slept? Look at these bags! Eaten? Your clean enough." Jude hesitated before telling,

"Honestly? Not just what you wanna hear?"

"Honestly."

"Not.....no more than a few hours this week...but I'm okay."

"Jude, you need sleep," She turned to Gabriel, "Drink some more water hun," She adviced him before taking Jude's blood pressure. Jude stayed quiet wanting to say something, but not finding anything good enough to say to Gab.

Gabriel looked up. "uhh J--Jude I mean why not!? I don't care you should sleep more than a few hours!" he sighed. "Uhh I wish I could lie, but you know me by now no matter how much you try to cover it up. I waited for you J. I'm not trying to guilt you or anything just listen. After I got that voice mail I came running back that day and you weren't there. I waited for you all that week not going home until six or seven in the morning. Then I would sleep for four or five hours then repeat the process. I wish I could say that I got angry or something but I just got depressed. I wanted to just stay in my room and not come out. I haven't talked to Oliver at all and mom and dad are worried about me. I don't care though. It hurts J I mean seriously. Hearing all these kids talk about is horrible. I want to defend you, but I don't know what to believe! Are you in a gang? Are you as bad as they say? Are using me for some sort of personal gain? I can answer that question no. What's you aim J? All these questions I hear and draw my conclusions, but I don't want to believe any of them. What's the truth J?"

Jude frowned lightly as Gabriel said he should sleep more, he opened himself to protest that he had no problem admitting that he knew Gab, he liked the fact that he knew him, cherished it. Jude clasped his hand together resting them on his knee and looked at Gabriel giving a nod and his full attention as the shy boy spoke up. Despite Gab not wanting to guilt him, the guilt that he had already been feeling intensified as Jude listen to the older teen. His green eyes ended up flowing away from gray and finding interest in his twiddling fingers.

A gasp came from Jude’s lips and his head snapped over to meet Gabriel’s features as he said he did not believe the student body, this was a first. The tawny haired youth just gawked at Gab, his mouth slightly open as he just breathed staring before looking away again, thinking thoughts clambering in his mind of what to do, what to say next?

Yanna bought his sometime by pushing instant ramen noodles into his hand plastic fork sticking up from the steaming noodles. Jude stirred them quietly before realizing Yanna was watching him like a hawk, with a sigh, but a little fond smile, Jude took a bite, chewing and swallowing. Seeming satisfied, Yanna left the room for a moment, Jude than began to speak,

“What is my aim? I don’t got one, Gab….honest, the truth is, I am just some kid, who lives in an apartment with his mom, who needs a little extra help cuz of the economy. I was looking for work, and that is when the boss came in. We are not a gang, just a group. We are like a deliver service for parts. Not drugs or anything like that. We are in the f-district, but that is where things just happen, honest we do nothing bad.” Looking into gray orbs, Gabriel could see honesty in those green eyes, what he conveyed was what all he knew. Jude took the moment to take in some more noodles as his stomach growled hungrily, impatient for more food.

“I feel like total shit, Gab, from the moment I realized that we got held up and had to stay extra time, and that I had no more quarters to call you, I felt like dung man. I knew you would worry. I knew you probably cry. I thought you might be peeved. I had NO idea that it would take a week or even might have. I would have told you Gabriel honest to god. I would never leave you hanging like that on purpose. That is just messed up. And still is, even if it was not my intent. Gab,” Jude swallowed his hands had gone tight around the noddle cup before bending over and setting it down on the floor,

“I don’t know how we became friends, but we are, or were….I don’t know, but I love the time with you, Gab. The others they are okay, but we only hang when we got business. We hang, you and I, Gab, we hang because it’s cool. I tried to ask a few people to let me borrow their cell even, but you know, people.” The boy shook his head when he looked at Gabriel next you could see tears welling in his eyes,

“I’m sorry I made you hurt like that, made your parents worry, made you stop talking to your bestie, you should care that they are though, Gab, you should.” Jude took a few deep breaths to compose his voice and suck the tears back in before scooting his chair over to the bed, touching his hand on Gabriel’s shoulders lightly,

“That is the truth, that is all I got, and even if you don’t believe it. You are the first one to listen to me. thanks, for listening really,” His face looked touched as he drew away his hand, “I really do hope you feel better, Gab.”

Tears had begun to form during Jude's explanation. How could he be so stupid! He tried to blink them back, but it did no good. "How could I doubt you. That isn't what a friend does." he said staring into green. He cried for a bit before hugging Jude. "I'm sorry." he said wiping his eyes. "So you like have to be there. And it really isn't hanging out if you have to be there now is it?" he asked sighing. He glanced at the noodles before grimacing alittle at it. His stomach felt swoopy so he decided to just go home and go to sleep. "I'm afraid to ask the question J, but is there any time you can spend with me? Do they even give you days off or not."

Jude blinked his eyes as Gabriel’s teared up and then spring those tears down his face, as he cried, Jude got off the chair and moved to the other side of Gabriel to wrap an arm around his shoulder, just as he had at the fountain, the hold, the touch of Gab kept becoming more easy and equally familiar, “Hey, Gab, hey, shhh, you should not downgrade yourself, from your standpoint, things looked wacked, don’t be sorry, I should be, and I am.” Jude moved his other arm along the junior students chest so now they were in a side-embrace and Gabriel’s shoulder rested in Jude’s chest head on his shoulder, “Come on, Gab-man, it’s not your fault and I don’t want you sicker.”

Jude was relieved when the crying eased and stopped and shook his head, “Nah it’s not really hanging out, it’s all business and serious junk…. So can’t call it hanging,” Jude agreed before adding in a mumble, “No one hardly ever cracks a smile…..” Jude only moved to retrieve his noodles and finished them off as Gabriel asked him another question. A head bob was his answer in till the broth of the noodles was swallowed fully,

“Yeah! Of course Gab, I don’t have stuff to do all the time, trust me, I’ll make time for you, that’s how buds do it, right?” Yet even as he sounded confident inside he had no idea if he could maintain it equal share, but dammit he would try!

Gabriel wiped his eyes and nodded. "Good J cuz I really miss you! I've well when I'm forced out of the house I've completely explored the third district! I guess I should call Oliver back huh? Probably worried about me!" He sighed and fully removed the tear tracks from his cheeks. "You uh well get sleep?" It was a question on purpose because he didn't know if Jude would during his duties.

As Gabriel said he missed him, that warm feeling in his chest bubbled again, it was the feeling of not being needed, but wanted and it felt good, good to have someone just miss his company, "I've missed ya too Gab." Jude admitted without any problems back with a soft smile before nodding encouragingly, "Yeah, you should get ahold of him, he is your best bud, and probably very worried." Jude suffocated a yawn back down his throat when the word sleep was mentioned, "I will, and do, its just this week, we had to take long shifts just waiting, and I was just worried about you on as well, so sleep did not come easy this week." Jude shrugged it off though, "I think I will hang here for the rest of the day, take a nap, Yanna won't mind, besides I already pissed on teacher of already, so much for being in the same science class....." Jude patted Gabriel's shoulder, "You will have to tell me your adventures sometime, Gab."

A few moments later Yanna popped her head in, Gabriel hun, your mother is here in the waiting area."

"Ok I will! Bye J! Hope I can see you!" he left giving Jude another look before stepping out and walking over to his mom. "Hi mom." he said sighing. She watched him worriedly.
"Are you all right Gabriel?" she asked once he reached her side.
"No not really. I--I just want to go home and lie down! I don't think I'm feeling well!" She nodded and they left.

As they drove back to the house it was silent. Gabriel just kept thinking about Jude and his mom didn't want to disturb him. Also she was worried about him. As she drove Gabriel pressed his cheek against the cool glass welcoming the coolness. Please please let Jude come. Just please let him show up I don't know how much I can take of this!

"Bye! Gab..." Jude called after the boy before laying down on the little bed with a large line, "I can do it," he muttered to himself before falling fast asleep

----TimeSkip----

It was Tuesday in Science once more, the last bell was about to ring, Chase and Gabriel were heading up the stairs, the red head gave a long sigh, "What is the hold up??? We are gunna be late!" He moaned before a person walked up the wrong side of the steps but people scurried to get out of the way. He made a clear pathway. The teen looked over his shoulder and winked at Gab before continuing to class.

Chase just stared, mouth wide open! A path had been made for them not to be late for class, but Chase was just kind of standing there all shocked and what not.

Back
Top Bottom