Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Mr Quixotic said:
Unfortunately, it's with great sadness, that I have to let everyone know that, due to some extremely, hurtful and negative feedback received,, that, as from tomorrow, I'll be removing my sooky-sooky-la-la, able-to-give-it-but-not-take-it, angry, bitter, sexist, misogynist, and disrespectful ass from BMR.

I'd like to thank all my friends on here, those I have written with for the past two years, and those I am currently writing with, for being the most awesome people they are, and hope, that sometime in the future, after I learn that stating I believe females are the equal of males, and requesting such characters, is indeed 'sexist', whilst expecting them to be intellectually inferior mindless sluts, useful for no other purpose than as holes to be screwed, is a true display of equality, I'll be able to return to pick up my dignity, our stories, and friendships.

Well I hope you learn your lesson Quix.

Everyone, I mean everyone, knows that requesting women who can think and do things for themselves is complete rubbish and should be entirely banned from this site altogether.

It's completely sexist to enter a roleplay and expect the woman to NOT be this inferior creature who grovels and spreads her legs simply because she is the female character and yours is the male character.
Noooo, that's just too much.

I'm glad you realized this.
BMR would be better off without someone like you, someone who approaches writing and his partners with a logical and respectful mind.

Sorry, Quix, but that's the truth :/

C;

Mr Quixotic said:
Unfortunately, it's with great sadness, that I have to let everyone know that, due to some extremely, hurtful and negative feedback received,, that, as from tomorrow, I'll be removing my sooky-sooky-la-la, able-to-give-it-but-not-take-it, angry, bitter, sexist, misogynist, and disrespectful ass from BMR.

I'd like to thank all my friends on here, those I have written with for the past two years, and those I am currently writing with, for being the most awesome people they are, and hope, that sometime in the future, after I learn that stating I believe females are the equal of males, and requesting such characters, is indeed 'sexist', whilst expecting them to be intellectually inferior mindless sluts, useful for no other purpose than as holes to be screwed, is a true display of equality, I'll be able to return to pick up my dignity, our stories, and friendships.

I for one hope you don't even think about returning until you learn how to play a male character who acts solely based on his cock, and who instantly lusts after the first female character thrust within his peripheral vision. I hope you understand that women can be desirable solely based on the fact that they possess orifices that your male character can stuff his dick in, and that asking that a female character add anything else to the story is incredibly sexist.

Mr Quixotic said:
Unfortunately, it's with great sadness that I have to let everyone know that, due to some extremely, hurtful and negative feedback received, as from tomorrow, I'll be removing my sooky-sooky-la-la, able-to-give-it-but-not-take-it, angry, bitter, sexist, misogynist, and disrespectful ass from BMR.

About fucking time, I say. It took you a while to figure it out.

Please don't return as a misogynistic fuckhead (;

Thank you, xana, for saying so eloquently what I'd like to say. Allow me to take it a step further. To think that a woman must rely on anything but her mind is ridiculous. And to think she'd actually have a reason to be attracted to a man? Psh! She needs none. He's a man. We've had these conversations and you never listen. I guess now you finally have after so many people have shoved this down your throat. May you leave here a bit wiser so that should you return you can finally contribute like a regular human being.

Gosh...!

Ari, Xana, Fruit, and DA, I send out a cry for help, and what do I receive in return, but sarcasm and mockery?

I expected so much more from each of you (okay, maybe not you, Fruit xD!), and although I concede the valid points, and will in future try harder to treat women as an inferior species, unburdened by any expectation other than to spread their legs on command, rather than return a misogynistic fuckhead, I've decided, instead, to stay and work to better the one I already am.

I was never going to leave anyway, one of the nice things about living in the future, xD

mark-twain.png

PS: You guys are priceless, that was almost a sarcasm overload, even for me, xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad to hear yesterday of the passing of legendary British comedian, Ronnie Corbett. One of my happier childhood memories of Dad was the entire family sitting around watching repeats of 'The Two Ronnies' on a Saturday evening, as he loved them, and although I didn't get half the jokes, I still found them hilarious.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVWdbO6FFfw[/video]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

darkangel76 said:
<33333
Stay you, Quix! Always just stay you. XD
I lol'd so hard at everyone's responses to your one journal entry, oh my lord!

I think I will, DA, and you weren't the only one laughing. It made my day, xD

Forbidden Fruit said:
(okay, maybe not you, Fruit xD!)

You wound me, Quix. I thought I was being gentle. I even offered sound advice :)

Oh, I'm sorry, Fruit. I didn't realise you had feelings! xD

So, I have two threads, one titled "My First-Born In Exchange For A Non-Submissive Female. Second-Born Thrown In Free." and both of which clearly state that I'm looking for non-submissive female characters who'll come in with their own motivations and intent (rather than simply be nothing but the focus of the male's), and are capable of displaying independent initiative.

Why then, do I receive an approach from one person who, in her very first message advises she plays submissive characters and assures me that, "I will most certainly, if you choose to write with me, be the submissive in the relationship", soon followed by another who, after requesting my character obsess over, dominate and sexually force and abuse hers because, well he's male and she's female and that's what male's do, then went on to state, point-blank, that she refuses to have her females ever initiate the first contact with a male character.

What part of 'non-submissive', 'own motivations', 'intent' and 'capable of displaying independent initiative' don't they comprehend?

Bang-head-on-brick-wall-620x264.jpg

Went for an interview with another recruitment agency today and, ironically, one of the jobs they wanted to put me forward for was the very same one I'd walked out of a month before.

So, I had to come clean and admit that I'd left it off my resume, to which he said was probably a good idea, then proceeded to go on to tell me that he'd had the very same conversation with the owner as I'd had, about the woman whose job I was employed to take over, and just as bluntly. They're positive I should be able to find something quickly, maybe even as soon as next week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BMR Curse has hit again, in that when I have more free-time, quite a few of my partners are busy with real-life, and I'm sure the second I start work, they'll simultaneously return, xD

I'm beginning to believe that I've finally exhausted my entire pool of compatible writing partners on BMR, and have been thinking of returning to Elliquiy to see what's out there, even though I don't particularly like the site, nor writing on there. I'll wait a little longer, and see.

On a somewhat related note, do you know what I find rather amusing?

The disingenuousness when you're in discussions about a potential collaboration with someone, they tell you they've been hit by real-life, now can't take another on, and possibly even need to drop some of those they have, then immediately bump their request thread. It's not as if people don't browse the forums and won't notice, and whilst I can admire and applaud a skilled evasion of the truth, I lose any semblance of respect for those who make it so bleeding obvious as to assume me a fool, xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Onto something more positive.

As any who knows me will be aware I have a lot of self-doubt when it comes to my writing, but being able to create three-dimensional characters is something I do pride myself on, (in many ways, for me, the writing itself is secondary to the characters), so to be told that, "Your writing is still astounding in so many ways and I always find myself intrigued at your thought process and how you make your characters lovable, even when some shouldn't be", is perhaps the greatest compliment I could ever have received.

You know who you are, and although we don't talk that often, you also know the high opinion I have of you, so, first, thank you for being one of the few who comprehends my somewhat strange thought-processes, and secondly, for the words. You have no idea how much they meant, and the inspiration they provide to keep me trying to improve.

Have a wonderful week, xD

Just got through re-reading "God; The Failed Hypothesis. How Science Shows God Does Not Exist", by Victor Stenger. Most of the books in regard to religion/atheism I read are in the philosophical realm, and he offers something different in that, he writes from the perspective of an astrophysicist, and, in this book, puts many of the common arguments/purported 'facts' used to support the existence of god to the scientific test.

Somehow the notion has arisen that science has nothing to say about a supreme being that much of humanity worships as the source of all reality. Yet, in recent years theologians and theistic scientists have claimed that modern science provides evidence for the proposition that God exists. If scientific arguments for the existence of God are to be allowed into intellectual discourse, then those against his existence also have a legitimate place.

In the present book, I argue that by this moment in time science has advanced sufficiently to be able to make a definitive statement on the existence or nonexistence of a God having the attributes that are commonly associated with the Judaic-Christian-Islamic God. My analysis is based on the contention that this God should be readily detectable by scientific means—simply by virtue of the fact that he plays such a central role in the operation of the universe and in the lives of humans.

The process I will follow is the scientific method of hypothesis testing. The existence of God will be taken as a scientific hypothesis and the consequences of that hypothesis searched for in objective observations of the world around us. We will see that many of the attributes commonly associated with God have specific consequences that can be tested empirically.

This search for evidence of God will be conducted according to the same standards that are applied in the investigation of any extraordinary claim in science. After evaluating all the evidence, we conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe and life look exactly as they can be expected to look if there is no God.

Although most scientists do not believe in God, they are unwilling to challenge the deeply held beliefs of the majority of Americans and others worldwide. I am a physicist who refuses to equivocate. The God worshipped by the billion of followers of the monotheistic religions either exists or he does not. And his existence is a legitimate scientific issue.

If God is the intelligent designer of life on Earth, then we should find evidence for that in observations of the structure of life. We do not. If God has endowed humans with immaterial souls and is the source of morality, then we should find evidence for that in observations of human behavior. We do not. If God answers prayers, then we should see miraculous effects of prayer. We do not. If God has revealed truths to humanity, then those truths should be empirically verified. They are not. If God is the creator of the universe and the laws of nature, then we should find evidence for that in astronomy and physics. We do not. If humans are a special creation of God, then the universe should be congenial to human life. It is not.

The universe and life look exactly as they can be expected to look if there is no God.

He also possesses an ability to explain extremely complex concepts in plain-english terms, essential for scientific illiterates like me, and I highly recommend his works. And the reason I have so much of an interest in the subject? It's not just the words and thoughts of these Freethinkers I find uplifting and inspiring, but as much the courage they display in expressing them, at times in the face of violent opposition.

pod1-victor-stenger.jpg

thegoods.png

tumblr_nme0p5heLa1qky4g6o1_1280.jpg

quote-i-will-not-attack-your-doctrines-nor-your-creeds-if-they-accord-liberty-to-me-if-they-hold-thought-robert-green-ingersoll-91166.jpg

I can't believe my niece has turned eighteen; it's like only yesterday she was a baby. Just heard she'd survived her night out clubbing, which I wasn't invited to, but didn't feel so bad about, as neither was my eldest brother, whose daughter she is. We'd had a birthday lunch at Easter, when Mum was here.

One of the things about not working the last few weeks is that I lose track of what date it is, and earlier yesterday I'd texted him to say that I'd give her a call today for her birthday only to realise later that it was that day. Fortunately I caught her before she headed out, and am glad we now have a good relationship as previously, due to my eldest sibling's issues with Dad, he was estranged for a number of years, and we didn't get to see much of her. She's a sarcastic little shit; it must be genetic, xD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't call myself a gamer, but do have PS4, bought as a present to myself after finding a job so quickly after I took the redundancy from the previous one - not the smartest move when I then subsequently threw it in, but hey! -, and am in the middle of 'The Last Of Us'. I think it's the first game where I haven't skipped through the cut-scenes, and actually became immersed in the story. It's brilliantly done, xD

Sometimes I wish I was attracted to submission or to shy, naive, innocent types, or even that, for the sake of fiction, I could fake it, as it would make it so much easier for me to find writing partners. However, I'm not, and I can't.

The problem is that as soon as I start to try to convince myself that I'll be more open to it, reality kicks in, and that's the fact that as soon as a woman loses any semblance of her independence and/or ability or desire to act of her own free will and volition, any interest I have in her flies straight out the window.

It's the mindset behind the demonstration of those that is the major factor, well above any other, in determining my level of attraction to someone, whether it be platonic in both males and females, or sexually in women.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the subject of writing partners, don't you love it when you suggest a scene for your story to one, their immediate reaction is "Oh my God, I was thinking the exact same thing!"

Is bugging a church with microphones and hidden cameras, then extorting a woman to have her seduce a celibate Born-again Christian in the confession box, whilst a voyeur watches on and with the Priest in attendance, considered sacrilegious?

I'm not really sure, but I do know it's going to be fun to play out, particularly as much of our story is not meant to be taken seriously, but, instead, written largely as a parody of stereotypes (although we may be the only two who know that intent, which, for us, is what makes it so enjoyable to write); something that religion does leave itself open to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a phone call from the recruitment agency late this evening, and it appears I might have a job interview tomorrow. Short notice, as they only received the job today, and I won't know for certain until the morning.

darkangel76 said:
Good luck with the job interview. Sending positive thoughts your way. : )

Thanks, DA, I appreciate it. Still waiting to hear if it's today or not, so until I know one way of the other, I'll be pacing the house, swearing at my phone, with my brain unable to fully relax or get anything done. Patience, especially when it comes to being made wait for clarification, is not a virtue of mine, xD

Edit: Have just received news that the interviews will be held Monday. I thought they were being a little hopeful in expecting them to take place today.

Still waiting!

And not likely to hear anything until next week now, as it's a long weekend coming up, with it being ANZAC day on Monday. Probably my favourite day of the year, and one I'd recommend to anyone who ever plans to visit Australia to be here for. It's the one on which we commemorate the Australian and New Zealand personnel who died in the battle of Gallipolli, which was both countries first involvement in a major conflict, and where the Anzac legend began. The day commences with Dawn services, continues with Two-Up, a traditional gambling game. being played in every Pub and Club across the country from midday, only legal on this one day of the year, and ends at 6pm with The Last Post.

On 25 April 1915, the Anzacs (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) landed at a difficult and desolate spot on the Gallipoli peninsula and the Turks appeared to be ready for them, a defeat was inevitable, The Gallipoli campaign was a debacle, Military censorship prevented the true story being told but a young Australian journalist, Keith Murdoch (father of Australian newspaper tycoon Rupert Murdoch) smuggled the story about the scale of the Dardanelles disaster back to the Australian Prime Minister who sent it on to the British Prime Minister David Lloyd George, who was no friend of the British military establishment. It led directly to the dismissal of the British commander, Sir Ian Hamilton who never again was to hold a senior military position.

The British Government ordered an evacuation. By day, the ANZACs kept up their attacks with more ANZACs observed to be landing - by night the force was withdrawn, broken only by sporadic rifle and gunfire. On 20 December 1915, the Anzac retreat was complete, unnoticed by the Turks who continued to bombard the Anzacs' empty trenches. On 9 January 1916, the Turks carried out their last offensive on Gallipoli, revealing only that the entire force had withdrawn without casualty. The evacuation was the Allies most successful operation in Gallipoli.

A British Royal Commission into Gallipoli concluded that from the outset the risk of failure outweighed Its chances of success. The British had contributed 468,000 in the battle for Gallipoli with 33,512 killed. 7,636 missing and 78,000 wounded.

The ANZACs lost 8,000 men in Gallipoli and a further 18,000 were wounded. The ANZACs went on to serve with distinction in Palestine and on the western front in France.

Australia had a population of five million - 330,000 served in the war, 59,000 were killed.

New Zealand with a population of one million lost 18,000 men out of 110,000 and had 55000 wounded.
]

This song always brings a tear to my eye, xD

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlYynHmE8b0[/video]

And, because the leadup to the day also brings out my gratitude to those who helped make it the amazing country it is, another pariotic Australian song I love, xD

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjkrjYitgeA[/video]

How appropriate that tomorrow is my daughter's kindergarten performance and her class is doing a bit featuring Australia. She is singing songs about Australia and even playing a digiridoo. Man...did I spell that right?? @_@ Well, if not, hopefully you'll know what I mean!!!! >///< She's so excited for it. It's adorable. : )

darkangel76 said:
How appropriate that tomorrow is my daughter's kindergarten performance and her class is doing a bit featuring Australia. She is singing songs about Australia and even playing a digiridoo. Man...did I spell that right?? @_@ Well, if not, hopefully you'll know what I mean!!!! >///< She's so excited for it. It's adorable. : )

That's awesome DA (It's spelt Didgeridoo, but don't worry, I had to google that, xD, and damn, those things are hard to play!). You'll have to tell me which songs your daughter, and the rest of the class. picked to sing, and if you got to to along to watch, xD

Indeed! It should be fun and VERY cute. She's been very excited for it. I don't think the didgeridoos are 'real'. As in the true ones. I believe the kids made them so they'll be much easier to play and a fun thing to take home as a memory. Even still, it's neat. She's been so bouncy about it. Hehe. I do know one song she's doing is the Kookaburra Song. XD

Ah, Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree! It's a good memento, and considering the real ones can be up to ten feet long, they probably aren't real 'real', xD The hand-crafted ones, with traditional Aboriginal artwork, are pretty amazing. Lol, I'm smiling just thinking of how fun it'd be to listen in on, and I bet she's bouncy. I want to hear how it all goes, xd

Oh, and a random piece of trivia. Men At Work were sued, and lost, for stealing the riff for one of our most famous songs, 'Down Under', from 'Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree', xD

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s[/video]

Malicious Lullaby said:
Feels like forever since I've come into this thread :) I miss your random musings :)

I know! And this thread has missed your special brand of adorable smartass-ery. The world deserves to see it :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got home from watching my niece, who turned eighteen a couple of weeks ago, compete in her first ever serious game of Australian Rules Football; in the women's open-age division! She did well, kicked three goals, and survived, which is the main thing. Damn. they hit hard. xD

Back
Top Bottom