Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

O.O

I've decided that all the savage beasties hail from Australia. How in the fucking hell do you all manage to survive! @_@

Killer Koalas! Kangaroos with claws. And oh...oh...I've seen footage of those Flying Foxes! WTFF?!?!?! lolol.

lait said:
Everything about this post had me cracking up.

I've seen that beefy kangaroo before on a top ten scariest animals before (or some count down list)

But the way it has its fucking claws on the mirror is terrifying. Like holy shit.
I love how its fighting with the glass but i'd also but scared it'd break through it
;____;

KILLER KOALA'S?????
I love it. And i love how they're called drop bears. I was expecting a more vicious name which is why a part of me can't take it seriously. XD

Was that recently, because this one's only been in the news here the last couple of days?

I loved how he lost his balance and almost fell over the second time.

You're right not to take Drop Bears too seriously. They're an Australian urban legend, made up to mess with tourists, xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

darkangel76 said:
O.O

I've decided that all the savage beasties hail from Australia. How in the fucking hell do you all manage to survive! @_@

Killer Koalas! Kangaroos with claws. And oh...oh...I've seen footage of those Flying Foxes! WTFF?!?!?! lolol.

I know, DA. I think Lait was the same with the Kangaroo claws! However, as above, you needn't worry about Killer Koala's, xD.

We actually don't have any large land predators. What you really have to watch out for are venomous spiders and snakes, and backpacker murderers. Wolf Creek is a true story, you know! Oh, and also don't go in the water, otherwise sharks, crocodiles, box-jellyfish or blue-ringed octopus will get you. Stingrays, too, if your name's Steve Irwin, xD!

<.<

Quix. You know how my brain works! Damn you, LOL! Pardon me while I go hide...over there. Honestly, with all the weird animals you guys have...just...fuck it. I've no excuse. I'm going to sit over there very quiet like and feel dumb. >///<

But flying foxes!! >.>
Yeah. I'll mention that one more time so I don't feel as stupid. *coughs*

Lol, don't worry, DA. Many people have been convinced that Drop Bears exist, amongst other things.

One time, when I was a teenager, Dad met an American tourist, and offered her a bed for the evening (Probably at the Pub, and because Mum likely wouldn't yell at him for having being there, in front of an International guest!). By the end of the night, we had her believing that in Outback Australia people didn't use shopping carts, but, instead, domesticated Kangaroos; leading them around by the tail, and filling their pouches with groceries! True story, xD

We do have some weird-ass animals, and flying foxes are pretty damn awesome;

img_0069_edited.jpg

Forbidden Fruit said:
Ripped Kangaroos are awesome, Quix. I've already established that Kangabro is my pet/guardian.

They are, Fruit, but (unless my eyes are deceiving me) he's Green, which makes him The Incredible Hulkaroo, not Kangabro, and my alter-ego, xD.

Ah, the classic Bundy commercials, xD

And whilst the Drop Bear may be fake, the Bunyip definitely isn't!

LpGogmO.jpg

PS: Ari, Lait, Fruit, you'd better start watching your backs, as I just resized that image all by myself. Next stop, design team! :)

Malicious Lullaby said:
I don't pop in for a little while and when I do, there are terrifying pictures of crazed beings...

It's all for you Mali, in honour of your love for wild animals and scary movies, xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having been relaxing for the past couple of hours by chilling, and being entertained by Tim Minchin, I'm compelled to share more of his rationalist magic.

The first, a lengthy animated movie/poem, where I can definitely envisage myself in the place of the narrator;

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U[/video]

And the second, a short song along similar lines that elicits a laugh, for the sarcastically expressed simplicity of its message, every time I listen to it:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFO6ZhUW38w[/video]

How so many people can ignore logic and the complete absence of any empirical evidence to believe in some of the shit they do, is totally beyond my comprehension, xD. It fascinates me.

I've actually heard of the bunyip myth. XD

And Quix!!! We are sooooo alike in this (and other things too, but THIS) that it's scary! LOL! Logic ALL THE WAY! It truly makes me wonder about ISTPs and INTPs. But honestly, I question EVERYTHING! Always have, always will and I NEED evidence for EVERYTHING and go by observation. It's a NEED...a MUST! I respect other people for their beliefs and all, but I just cannot hold them for myself. I remember when I broke away from my parents' faith back when I was a kid. It was VERY hard on them, but I remember being extremely logical when I explained things out and even to this day it's a subject that they have a difficult time broaching with me because they aren't always open-minded about it. They are very much like Storm. lol. Maybe not quite to the same level, but you get the idea. XD My counter is always...well, if you want me to be open-minded, shouldn't you be as well? Hrmmm...oh the logic! HA! I think the biggest thing I've run into is that most people I've encountered of this vein are not, they expect you to be the one to compromise while they do not. I find that utterly mind boggling. I have no shame or fear saying that anything I believe could be proven wrong at some given time should the evidence come forth to show so. But when those on the other side of the coin cannot say the same...I have to wonder about that. About the sincerity among other things. Maybe I'm weird for that...I don't know.

And this is a total aside, but.....why is it that every time I read anything you post/write, I read it with an Australian accent in my head? @_@

I just love the word Bunyip, xD

It is strange how we are so much alike in that way; I don't often find it. I was raised to question everything, and not listen to people just because of who they were, or positions they held, but to weigh up what they had to say, and come to my own conclusion. Mum was raised Catholic, and Dad, I knew didn't believe, but didn't actually discover how strong of an Atheist he'd always been until after he died. Religion was never part of our upbringing, either belief or disbelief, and us kids were left to decide for ourselves. That, by being left to own devices and allowed to simply evaluate the facts at our disposal without influence one way or the other, we each rejected any notion of god, is telling.

For me, it was early, I distinctly recall coming home one day during my first week at Primary School, where Religious Instruction was part of the curriculum, after we were all required to 'accept Jesus into our hearts', and telling my parents I thought it was dumb, and didn't want to go again. They pulled me from the class the next day. I respect everyone's right to hold a belief, but do not respect the beliefs themselves. That doesn't apply just to religious ones, but many others as well.

Anything where the standards of proof aren't met. Faith, to me, defined as 'belief, in the absence of evidence' is a nauseating and ridiculous concept. By definition, if there was proof, faith wouldn't be required, and it's the very antithesis of logic and reason, which is how people make decisions, and what they rely on to keep them alive on a daily basis, in every other aspect of their lives.

It's that intellectual hypocrisy and dismissal of logical contradictions, especially when all evidence points to the contrary, that stun and fascinate me. How can people not see them? Like you, I'd change my mind if the evidence came forth, but until then I'm not going to believe in something for no other reason than fear of the threat of eternal punishment if I don't, or that I want it to be true. Not that I do wish it were true, because I think religion is harmful and oppressive, and the God of the bible a megalomaniac, racist, sexist, homophobic, war-mongering, sadistic asshole, unworthy and undeserving of any type of love, respect or worship, anyway, xD.

One of my favourite quotes, which I've posted before.

Vt4pbMF.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I don't know what it is about the Australian accent, (as sexy yours might be Sync, xD) however, as an Aussie, it's the Irish one that gets my knees trembling, and heart melting!

Malicious Lullaby said:
-shudders- I'll just come back...not for a long, long, long time ><

Aww, I'm sorry, Mali. No more terrifying pictures, I promise. At least not for a while, xD

Say it again, Quix....s l o w e r... <.<
*ahem*
lol

But YES!! 100% Everything you said is what I get behind entirely. I'm also raising my kids without faith, but we neither encourage nor discourage belief or disbelief. I'm Atheist and my husband is Christian, however he's non-practicing and doesn't really observe much of anything. Simply put: he believes in God and that Jesus was Messiah and then it ends there. He keeps most of it to himself really. But anyway, given things, our kids aren't baptized and we've never taken them to church. I wouldn't go anyway, lol. But we did have them go to a Lutheran based preschool. There weren't many options really since pretty much every preschool around here is affiliated with a church. However the one we chose was pretty good. They were tolerant of other belief systems and lack thereof. Yes, they had kids attend a chapel dealy, but they did it in a way that came off more like story time so that people not of the Lutheran faith wouldn't feel uncomfortable. Honestly, I was rather impressed. Most of the places we checked out wanted you to join their church and give donations on top of paying for your kid to attend their preschool. @_@ Fuck no!! But anyway, my kids got some 'godly' exposure there. They asked questions, but their interest was minimal at best. We'll see if that changes as they get older. They are aware that my husband and I differ on belief, but it doesn't seem to bother them. Our biggest thing is just that they focus on being good people. Hell, regardless of what you are or the religion you follow or don't follow, I think that should be anyone's primary focus and goal. XD

Anyway, I ramble. Again.... <.< But I totally agree here on every level. It's hard to find such people who do these days. I'm in the minority with my mind set. >.<

I did, out loud. It sounded weird, xD

I went to church once with my Mum, to keep her company. Never been so bored again in my life, xD I don't generally debate it, or bring it up in conversation as people aren't going to change their minds anyway, just this little place on my journal is where I can freely express the opinions floating around in my head, xD It's good the school can do that and not impose their beliefs on others who may be uncomfortable, though, in a way, I find it a little hypocritical. It's either the truth, or it's not, so why back away if you're certain that it is?

One of the other things I despise is how religion attempts to hijack morality. Properly read, the bible contains and condones some of the most heinous acts imaginable, and The Golden Rule was around well before Christianity.

I agree that being a good person should be the primary focus, and you don't need religion to do that. In fact, in my opinion, if you need the Bible or threats of Hell to make you be a good person, or do unthinkingly what you're told is the 'right' thing because 'God said it is', without deciding for yourself, that makes you a moral coward.

An excuse for a few more quotes, including one from the great Robert G Ingersoll, xD;

J8HbxlZ.jpg

kpc2v8W.jpg

quote-christianity-has-such-a-contemptible-opinion-of-human-nature-that-it-does-not-believe-robert-green-ingersoll-80-86-21.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Ingersoll, a man Mark Twain once wrote of in a letter to his wife,

“I've just come to my room, Livy darling, I guess this was the memorable night of my life. By George, I never was so stirred since I was born. I heard four speeches which I can never forget... one by that splendid old soul, Col. Bob Ingersoll, — oh, it was just the supremest combination of English words that was ever put together since the world began... How handsome he looked, as he stood on that table, in the midst of those 500 shouting men, and poured the molten silver from his lips! What an organ is human speech when it is played by a master! How pale those speeches are in print, but how radiant, how full of color, how blinding they were in the delivery! It was a great night, a memorable night.

I doubt if America has seen anything quite equal to it. I am well satisfied I shall not live to see its equal again... Bob Ingersoll’s music will sing through my memory always as the divinest that ever enchanted my ears. And I shall always see him, as he stood that night on a dinner-table, under the flash of lights and banners, in the midst of seven hundred frantic shouters, the most beautiful human creature that ever lived... You should have seen that vast house rise to its feet; you should have heard the hurricane that followed. That's the only test! People might shout, clap their hands, stamp, wave their napkins, but none but the master can make them get up on their feet."

audio of his lectures are available online and although not recordings of Ingersoll himself, well worth listening to. The one below still gives me goosebumps every time.

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daNfD_kbOvg[/video]

An incredible man with an amazing ability with words, If I could go back in time only once, it would be to listen to him speak.

Waiting, waiting, waiting!

Went for the job interview on Wednesday, and was told I should know the result that afternoon. Then, on Thursday, they said I should know by the end of that day. Now it's Friday, and still haven't heard. In the meantime, the same recruitment agency, but not the same consultant, called me about another position yesterday to see if I'd be interested in it, and when I said yes, they advised they'd tell the employer to move quickly, as I could possibly be receiving a job offer that afternoon, and would need to make up my mind whether to accept it or not.

Haven't heard anything more about that one, either, and I'm also waiting to hear on about four others the agency has recommended me for. I'm not particularly concerned in regards to landing a job; in fact I'm excited by a number of opportunities that are out there; although I'm now getting to the stage where I'd rather it be sooner than later, however my brain struggles with being left in limbo, not knowing where things are up to. There's no point in hassling the agency as they're waiting on the employers, and will call as soon as they know anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mum returned from her trip to Vietnam yesterday, which she loved, and I'm heading down this weekend to visit her for Mother's day, so won't be around much, except on the phone, and unlikely be able to reply to OoC until I return Sunday Afternoon or Monday. Story responses are up-to-date, except one.

So, with the story with Xana close to reaching it's conclusion, I've realised that, despite bumping almost daily, that's the last story I've taken on. Over eight months, and not one new partner; to say that I struggle to find those compatible is an understatement.

I know a lot of it is to do with my refusal to accept anything less than what compels my interest, my request threads, and that some are 'intimidated' by them or me, whilst others just believe me to be an asshole, though those who truly know my personality are well aware that my bark is worse than my bite, and I can be one of most accommodating, friendliest and easiest-to-get-along with guys you could ever meet. You just need to break through the initial wall, which also applies to me in real-life. It's the way I am, though I won't expand on the reasons behind it.

Why do my preferences seem impossible for female characters to incorporate in a story, and why do the majority appear to have an entitlement complex that says, "Your preferences are irrelevant, only mine matter, so if you don't do what I want, I'll simply go find another, pussy-whipped, guy who will." Compromise is meant to go both ways. I'm capable of it, and will go out of my way to include the other persons kinks/likes in a story, but it appears so many others are not.

Also why the fuck does there have to be a nominated 'Dominant' and 'Submissive' character in virtually every scene - either explicitly requested or implicitly expected - where the female character automatically assumes the submissive role, expecting the male to possess all motivations and intent, of course, totally centred around her, and for him to lead the story arc at every turn.

Don't try to tell me there is no difference in the creative requirements between writing a dominant/lead role, and a submissive/follower one. If there wasn't, people wouldn't have a preference, or say, "I (can) only play sub." To be completely honest, it's the unwillingness/incapability to write a proactive character who must find her own way that I find pathetic from a creative writing viewpoint, and that's my major gripe.

Am I asking for a female character to take on a dominant role? No at all, I simply prefer stories that aren't one-sided, containing three-dimensional characters, not labels, who possess their own mind, intent, desires and motivations, where at least some of their actions are independently taken and driven by their own wants rather than simply being forced upon them in reaction to the other characters, therefore providing some unpredictability for me as a reader/collaborator.

It makes me so thankful for those partners I do have, all of whom I've been writing with for well over a year, Mali and Silv for more than two, and with some I am on, or soon to start, my third stories with. As I've mentioned a few times, I have trouble gauging my own writing, which I don't really think that much of, or seeing what others say they do in it, but knowing that you awesome people and brilliant writers, capable of creating characters with depth and whose words I am able to appreciate from an unbiased/non self-critical perspective, continue to work with me, means that I must be doing something right!

Rant over, and as with all my rants, please don't trip over the generalisations and hyperbole on exit, xD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Internet Killers partner has once more been swallowed up by real-life, and if there's one thing that sums up what I miss about the story so much, which isn't the theme or plot itself, but the character dynamics, it's these lines from her last post:

"She smiled sweetly. Was she taunting him? It was Analise, of course she was."

As always, I hold out hope for her return, even if it again takes a year and a half!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talking about my threads, and considering the user in question had no issue with posting her comment, including her name, in the public domain, I don't feel it inappropriate to also share on this journal, here's a little exchange that occurred on one of them today:

Mr Quixotic said:
arrika-again said:
WOW, that was a hard read. A grand Pontification.

"It's really not that difficult, us males do it all the time."

It should be "WE males". Shouldn't it?

Wow, you read a thousand word post, and manage to pick up one little grammatical error, whilst completely ignoring the content of the thread itself. I'm impressed; you certainly made your point! :)

Now, I don't care about your comment, but can you please delete the whole 'repetition of my thread' in your reply, and not post here again. If you have something to say, say it to me directly, via PM

Is it just me who thinks that if her incentive to comment related to issues she had with the content of the thread, and she was able to offer up logical and valid objections to that, doing so would serve a better purpose and have a greater impact over nit-picking on one tiny error, when nowhere have I ever claimed to be grammatically perfect, or even close to it. That, I could respect, and I mentioned it to her in a PM, to which she replied, "I have no comment about the content of your posting". - shrugs - Really not sure what she was attempting to achieve.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The trip down for Mothers day went well. Mum loved her time in Vietnam, and now that she's back, intends to keep busy, having her work as well as putting her name down for some volunteering, to occupy her time without Dad. She also has her sister and brother-in-law coming up in July and staying for six weeks.

Whilst I was down there, our Prime Minister called a general election. It's quite a contrast to the way it's done in the USA, where the campaign seems to last for years. Our campaign will only run for seven weeks, with the vote held on 2nd July.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just received the awesome news that, after three months, another of my long-term partners, Sumi, has returned from hiatus, meaning the return of Duane and Karmen!

To think when I posted the other entries earlier today, I was also going to add a comment about how I missed her and our story, but didn't! My frustrations relieved in one fell, coincidental, swoop, xD

It's interesting how reactions to something can vary so markedly, depending on an individuals perspective. Only a few hours after receiving the comment, shared in the post above, on my thread, I received the following one from someone else, via PM:

Well I'll be damned. Your thread/post, or whatever it's called entertained me greatly. Though I feel as though I should be offended. It's as if my instincts are calling out to me to defend my fellow species. That women aren't all mindless drones, but I jest. Your post oozes with sarcasm, and even someone as gullible as I could notice, actually, scratch that, feel it ... In any case, I wish you the best of luck in finding the "one" the dying breed of independent women.

Now, that type of reaction is what I was aiming for when I wrote my thread in the vein that I did, in as much an attempt to find those I'm on the same page with in regards to possessing an affinity for sarcasm goes, and who intuitively comprehend it's intended in good-humour, as anything else. They're the people I most naturally mesh with, both IC and OoC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, that wasn't my real reason for this post. My enjoyment of sharing the uniqueness of Australian animals is, and having a little (too much!) time on my hands, came across this entertaining and amusing video on the Echidna, xD

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr_cn66sYc8[/video]

What in the world... This is honestly terrifying indeed. XD You know how at some point I said I'd like to visit Australia? I've changed my mind. This just reminded me of another video you showed; the one with kangaroos everywhere, staring into people's souls. Just why, Australia? Why are your animals so strange?

We're just lucky like that. And Echidnas make great pets. Just don't rub them the wrong way. >.>

Sync said:
We're just lucky like that. And Echidnas make great pets. Just don't rub them the wrong way. >.>

That truly gives 'rubbing someone the wrong way' a new meaning. XD

Back
Top Bottom