Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Thanks Mali, I'm not worried at all, just glad for him that he can go back to concentrating on what he's good at and loves to do. Selling. He's like the best guy you could ever meet, and has been fucked over by his ex-business partner, so as I said to him yesterday, "I don't give a shit, do what's best for you, we can take care of ourselves." The only reason he bought into it in the first place was to save the jobs of the people who worked there, and he's had nothing but stress ever since.

It won't really change for me. The new Principal/owner will be another salesperson, and I'm pretty much in control of what I do, left alone, and trusted to do it so it's something they don't need concern themselves with or become involved in. That's what I'm paid for. However, the logistics of the changeover, and all those tiny little detail things that come along with it, will probably cause my disorganised brain to go into meltdown a time or two.

Tomorrow will be interesting, though. I can already envisage some of the reactions, xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh well that's not too bad then, right? He gets a break, your jobs are secure and you just need to deal with the initial growing pains of a new owner I guess?
Hopefully that doesn't make the adjustment too difficult for you all. I hope it doesn't become too stressful for you :/ No meltdowns! Only if you really need them...xD

That's pretty much it, though the news went down like a lead-balloon with some people. 'Why didn't you tell us, I've been working here ten years, and now I'm going to be embarassed because I didn't know." Maybe because it's not fucking about you!

Oh, there'll be some meltdowns, but it's all good. I actually enjoy change, and chaos and conflict. It stops me from getting bored, xD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I despise having to send that message advising I'll be dropping a story, especially when it's nothing to do with the writing, but more just a clash of styles; what I've found I need to keep me invested/interested is exposition and background; and I always sit here with a sense of nervous anticipation until I know that they've at least read my message. Thank you, 'tracking', xD

Dropping is always done with respect and courtesy from my end, and I appreciate it when it's taken in that vein, and the person is courteous enough to reply with a friendly "Okay, thanks for letting me know", rather than not acknowledging the message at all, which has happened a couple of times. A little maturity and the ability to end a story on good terms goes a long way, and also leaves open the possibility to collaborate again in the future.

And I finally also made the decision that I wasn't going to return to Elliquiy, and let my partner know. I was half-keen, for the story, but just couldn't promise that I'd be able to maintain the motivation to keep writing on E, and I'm not one to half-ass it or leave my partners in the lurch. I'll either commit fully or not at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some random musings on a favourite philosophical subject, xD

People often ask me how I can't, or why I don't, believe in God, which I usually answer quoting:

5476630985_a74512188f_z.jpg

I'm then, just as often, told, "You can't be an Atheist, you don't know God doesn't exist, you're Agnostic."

Not at all, I'm an Atheist, and what irks me is the misunderstanding of the differences between Theism/Atheism and Gnosticism/Agnosticism, and what I consider to be, much of the time, a deliberate blurring of the lines between the two as a way for religion to downplay the true number of Atheists, and maintain its stranglehold on people.

Some people choose to say, "I'm not an atheist; I'm an agnostic," as a way of softening the blow when explaining their lack of belief. Others might view agnostics as fence-sitters or people who simply can't make up their minds. However, agnosticism is not an independent viewpoint that exists outside or between atheism and theism, and it's not mutually exclusive with atheism.

Agnosticism answers an entirely different question than atheism. Atheism is an answer to "Do you believe any gods exist?" On the other hand, agnosticism is answer to "Do you know whether any gods exist?" Therefore, it's quite possible to be both an atheist and an agnostic: you do not claim that there is absolute evidence to definitively disprove every definition of God, but you also do not believe that any deities exist.

Explaining Agnosticism

The word "agnostic" comes from Greek roots meaning "without knowledge." One could be agnostic about many things, but it's most commonly used in the context of religious belief. When it comes to belief in a deity, there are two basic stances to take: either you can believe that God exists, or you can disbelieve. When you further examine those options, though, there are four stances to choose from, depending upon knowledge:

Atheism vs Agnoticism

Gnostic Theist: You believe in God and "know" this to be true.
Agnostic Theist: You believe in God without “knowing” whether it's true.
Gnostic Atheist: You disbelieve in God and "know" this is true.
Agnostic Atheist: You disbelieve in God without “knowing” whether it's true.

The third claim is considered "gnostic atheism" and could otherwise be described as, "I believe and ‘know’ that God does not exist." The fourth claim, meanwhile, is agnostic atheism: "I do not believe that God exists, but I don’t ‘know’ God’s non-existence to be true." The difference between these claims is subtle but important."

That means, anyone who does not have a positive belief in the existence of God/s, and cannot answer, Yes, to the question of "Do you believe God/s exist?" is, by definition, an Atheist. That includes many who may refer to themselves as Agnostic as well as those, such as infants, who have no knowledge of God at all. We're everywhere, xD

Whether I'm a Gnostic or Agnostic Atheist depends on the definition of 'God' provided. If the attributes are self-contradictory and/or logically impossible, as is generally the case with the Abrahamic God, it's Gnostic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to give a shout-out to Lait for offering (or did I ask? xd) to redesign my request thread, and make it aesthetically pleasing. Now I have to see if Ari wants to help. Just, no pink!

In a bit of a brain-fucked mood today, xD

Still in limbo with what's happening at work, and what exactly the change will mean as far as my job is concerned, and the logistics surrounding it. We'll be going from a stand-alone franchise, owned and operated by one principal, to one of nine businesses owned by the same company, and although we'll be in the same location, there will be a central Head Office, so that there'll be changes is certain. Whether I'll like those changes, and want to stay on, remains to be seen, xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also uncertain what's happening with Dad. He's at home, but my brother emailed the other day to say that Mum's struggling to take care of him, and he may soon need be placed in a palliative care facility. He's way too fucking young for that, and it's the last thing he'd ever want. As I said to my brother, "I'd rather he was dead, and I think he'd rather that too", and his reply was, "So would I, but what are we going to do, put a pillow over his face?"

However, when I spoke to Dad, he sounded positive, and so did Mum, so I don't know if she's covering the true extent of the challenges she's having, or whether my brother was exaggerating, or misunderstood.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, my partner on E, who I popped a message to, to drop our story, replied, and said no problems she understood, but that if there was a possible way that I'd want to take it back on at any stage, she was happy to wait for as long as it took. Insistent, but in a non-pressuring way, and it gave me a boost to know that she was into the story as much as she was, so now I'm thinking that once things settle down, and I get my head around exactly where I'm at with everything, I'll return to it. Damn I hate being indecisive, it doesn't suit me, xD

In what I took to be a compliment (and was mentioned as one), I was told yesterday that one of my stories is a depressing read, xD. A compliment because that's what my partner and I are aiming for. As mentioned here previously, I enjoy melancholy, and realistic bleakness is a challenging, but fun, tone to attempt to maintain.

Am looking forward to once again writing a scene between the original characters from my first story with Silv, Adam and Sophie, who are soon to reappear in our second, and Mali and I have also talked about bringing back Jinx and Parker, the mains from our first, for a cameo in The Manor, which will be fun if it happens. Some personalities you just never forget, and don't want to let go of completely, xD

All I want is a female character who's distinguishable, by the possession of a unique and separately identifiable personality, from the one who came before her.

Is it really too much to request that female characters display some individuality, and ask that they resemble intellectually developed adults with their own will more closely than they do a dependent child who can't or won't do anything on its own?

Honestly, sometimes it feels as if virtually every female in the roleplay world has colluded to come up with a singular, and unchanging, character prototype to share between them, and that I'm continually requested to write opposite nothing but a never-ending string of empty-shelled clones.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I'm so grateful for the partners I do have. Thank you for daring to be different.

PS: Come back, Sumi, I miss Karmen you! I have flowers and chocolates :)

I should have some more clarity around my work situation in the next couple of days. The good news is that if I don't like the changes and decide not to stay on, I'll likely be entitled to a redundancy package, which I'd better stop thinking about as the idea of taking it regardless, and having some time off before looking for another job is kind of attractive to me, xD

Argghh, I hate it when you decide to have an early night, and as soon as you're half asleep, the phone rings.

Now I'm completely awake again, and I don't know how many times I've already told those people from the telecommunications company who very kindly ring to advise that I have a virus on my computer and offer their assistance to fix it, that it can't be possible because I live in a cave with no internet access!

Anyways, since the last song I posted got some kudos from a friend, here's another song of the moment. It's not even depressing this time, xD

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQ-R5OgSDI[/video]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you know what, it was worth being woken up by the phone, for this message just randomly popped into my inbox as I was sitting here, xD

Hey Mr Quix,

I just wanted to let you know that your provocative posts have influenced my own writing. I used to basically write ice queens, who put up with sex instead of enjoying it. I think the reason is related to why submissive fantasies are so prevalent among women: "he made me do it" is easier to own up to than "I loved it".

So I used to be really uncomfortable about writing my characters as being turned on or really even enjoying sex, and I think it made my writing seem inauthentic as a result. I've tried to break out of that recently and it feels a bit better and more real – as though I'm putting more of myself in my writing. And your strident request posts were a contributing factor to that, so I just wanted to say thanks.

The Thoreau quote in your sig is kind of awesome as well.

Put a huge smile on my face.

As did my Scaremonger partner picking up some of my thoughts on equality, and interpreting them as I meant them to be interpreted in my last post to that story. I was quite proud of this paragraph, and though written in a rather extreme context, it does - particularly the last two sentences - express my basic sentiments:

Had Kyle ever been like that, and treated women as nothing but warm holes to be used, then discarded? Not even as a teenager. Like any other boy, he'd had his urges and been driven by hormones, but had always displayed respect, and regarded them as equals. He still did. And that's why he felt no remorse for taking a woman's life. Kyle didn't believe in Heaven or Hell, or that you'd receive your comeuppance in the 'next life', therefore retribution needed to be executed in this. That evening, the victim was to be a male, but on the next it could be female. Equality, to Kyle, meant no-one received any special consideration, compassion or empathy because of gender. The expectations placed on both were the same, and whoever deserved it, would die.

That moment when I return to check what's new and I see I'm being missed. XD The funny coincidence is that on the same day you posted it, the same day I decided to check BMR, haha! Must have been the smell of chocolate that unknowingly brought me here.

I do miss Duane and Karmen just as much, to be honest. But I'm somehow glad that I decided to take that hiatus, else I would have definitely had a break down one of these days. XD Had a particular project to finish until the previous Sunday, and the whole last week I was worried that I wouldn't be able to finish it in time due to how nothing worked the way I wanted. I wouldn't have been worried this much if my grade and money weren't at stake. Gosh, the things I do for money.

The good news is that I might return earlier. This week I might finish all the other projects, so that I can finally relax some. Might pop up a post one of these days if I have the time. No promise, cause they usually don't work. :3

Just like Hansel and Gretel, I knew the trail of flower petals and chocolate shavings would lead you straight into my trap!

I'm glad, for you, that you took the hiatus. Sometimes you need to try and clear your head as much as possible so that you can focus on what you need to do, and obviously grades, and money, xD, are more important. I hope the rest of the projects go smoothly, and you find some time to relax and de-stress. If a post pops up, it'll be a pleasant surprise, if not, no rush.

So, the new owners at work take over the business, effective 16th December. In the Industry I'm in, sales agents are entitled to a commission when a contract is exchanged, and because franchise fees will no longer be deducted, they'll receive a slightly higher commission rate when the takeover occurs.

Their attitude at a meeting yesterday was, "Oh cool, we'll deliberately delay exchanging any contracts that are ready now, until after that date, so we get paid more", which also means that the balance goes to the new owner, and could potentially cost the current one, a guy who's done everything possible to save their jobs, and with whom some have worked with for over ten years, and needs to still pay out the debts of the old business, a shitload of money.

When he told me yesterday, after first walking in shaking his head, and saying, "You know how I keep being fucked up the ass", my initial reaction was "What a bunch of cunts," to which his reply was, "That was my thought, in that exact phrasing."

Then this morning, I walked passed him as he sat on a desk talking to a few of the agents, and waited for him to look at me, before I said. "I'm surprised you can even sit down today, Rob," which cracked him up, and had everyone wondering what the hell was so funny.

Honestly, some people are so selfish and self-focused, it's unbelievable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of a little hooked on a new show that started on the Crime channel a few weeks ago, called 'Escaping Polygamy'.

It's about three young women who escaped from polygamous cults in Utah, and are now helping others, brainwashed from birth to believe that they'll go to Hell if they leave the Order, to get away. It's hard to comprehend that this shit actually goes on in real-life, right under the nose of authorities, especially in modern, first-world countries, and you have to admire the strength of those who do manage to escape.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pnfP7tW494[/video]

I think I'm becoming type-cast as a writer of serial-killers!

Not a bad thing, xD I just have to figure out if I want to write yet another one, as whilst the female character concept I was offered is completely different from others that I'm writing opposite, the theme still has similarities to a couple current stories, as does the characters I'd portray. I also don't know if I can portray a character who allows himself to be manipulated. It goes against my nature - and my characters - to not be able to recognise manipulation for what it is, which then creates a competitive challenge for me in not wanting to let the other person 'win', or do to anything that I don't freely choose to do myself.

In fact, if anyone ever attempts to push me into something, out of principle, I'll generally become ridiculously stubborn in my refusal to do it, or deliberately do the complete opposite, to assert my independence and autonomy (my biggest kink, and, to me, combined with intelligence and a quick wit, also, by far, the most sexually attractive features a woman can possess) -, but it could be interesting to attempt.

At least the offer has motivated me to finally respond, again, to my partner on E to say that, yes, once my head was clear of everything that was happening with work, I'd like to pick the story back up, as it, in a lot of ways, provides a counterpoint to some of the others I'm writing, and I like to have a balance.

It seems like everyone wants to play with a great serial killer/criminal! I'm kinda sad that I'm not part of the club though, with Hyde and Seek being more of a mental torture story than a physical one. But I can't wait for Kat to get all kinds of fucked up, lmao. Do you like playing the serial killer role?

Hey, maybe we'll cast Kat in a serial-killer/slasher movie after she's completed Hyde and Seek, xD. She'll be plenty of fucked-up by then.

I do, but it's nothing to do with the physical act of 'killing', but the mental aspect, and the relationship dynamic between my character and my partners. I've always been fascinated by the psychology of Serial-Killers, and it also provides the opportunity for me to portray males who display the ultimate form of domination - the power over life and death -, without needing to include the cliché 'sub/slave', or 'female as helpless victim/submissive pawn' tropes that so often accompany that theme.

And of course, my curious brain went off on all sorts of tangents, when I began to think about what I meant when I said I was attracted to intelligence, as it's not related to a person's IQ in any way, but in how the brain works, and a natural inclination to respond with sarcasm, and quick quips. I came across this interesting article, which though the study is in no way definitive, may go some way to explaining to what that attraction is:

Source:

Little research has been done on the effects of sarcasm, which is why researchers from a host of top American universities, including Harvard and Columbia, experimented on how sarcastic comments affect creativity. The experiments involved more than 300 men and women whose creativity was tested by completing tasks after saying or receiving sarcastic comments. Another control group of participants was also asked to complete the tasks, although they were told sincere comments. The findings revealed that those who gave and received sarcastic comments were three times more creative than the control group because the sarcasm forced their brains to think abstractly, boosting creativity.

“We found that sarcasm may stimulate creativity, the generation of ideas, insights, or problem solutions that are novel and useful,” Dr. Li Huang, an author of the study and assistant professor of organizational behavior at Insead, a graduate business school, told The Independent. “As Oscar Wilde believed, sarcasm may represent a lower form of wit, but we found that it certainly catalyzes a higher form of thought.”

In one study, after a participant either said or was told a sarcastic comment, they were confronted with a test that measured creativity. They were shown different objects on a table near a wall: a candle, a box of nails, and a pack of matches. The participants were told to attach the candle to the wall so that it would burn without dropping wax on the table. The right way to do this was to empty out the box of nails, nail the box to the wall, and put the candle in the box.

The results showed that 64 percent of the people who made sarcastic comments were able to find a creative solution and complete the task. But those who were on the receiving end of comments did even better, with a completion rate of 75 percent. These statistics stand in contrast to the control group, in which only 30 percent of participants successfully completed the exercise. Even though participants exposed to sarcasm reported more interpersonal conflict, they were able to demonstrate more creativity in their tasks.

Previous studies have shown that creativity can be unlocked by things that would normally be seen as creativity killers. In an early study in 2015, for example, researchers found that noise can be an untapped source of creativity, providing a distraction for the brain to focus on a particular task. In addition, alcohol is believed to make you more creative because it makes you less focused and frees the brain from the thoughts that occupy it — a more relaxed brain is one that is better able to think creatively. In this study, it seems the sarcastic comments primed participants to think abstractly, which in turn stimulated their creativity.

“We have shown that creativity is enhanced following all types of sarcasm, from sarcastic anger and criticism to sarcastic compliments and banter,” the researchers said. “All forms of sarcastic exchanges, not just sarcastic anger or criticism, seem to exercise the brain more.”

quote-the-essence-of-the-independent-mind-lies-not-in-what-it-thinks-but-in-how-it-thinks-christopher-hitchens-237648.jpg

Well Quix, I am sorry if I roped you into yet another serial killer rp, though in my defense, I am trying to write the killer with you. You are just so much better at it, given your vast experience writing on the matter. I do understand feeling as if you are getting put into the same or similar roles constantly. Hell, with one of my current rps (I'll let you guess which ;)) I tried starting that plot seed five separate times. The stories had similar aspects but each played out differently, so I didn't have a problem trying to make that plot work with various people, who brought original ideas to the table. Granted, I don't think I'll ever do a plot based on that seed again, given my recent success, but that's a different story.

Oh, it's no problem Xana, I just didn't want to admit how much I truly enjoyed it, as people may have started to wonder if I had real-life experience, and you know when we get deeper into the scene, and the killer is more prevalent, I'll probably be like, "No, let me, I want to write him!", and we can then argue about it :)

It's mostly I don't want to make the characters too much alike, steal from one to use for another, or have them start to blend into each other, so unless I can figure out a way for his personality/motivations/intent and overall tone of the story to be completely different again, as is the case with the current scenes, I'll stick to just two depraved murderers for the time being, xD

And yes, I wonder which story you're talking about! Maybe the one that's tripled your post count in the last month? xd I figure it would be pretty hard to go back to that plot seed, as it'd be almost impossible to find that chemistry again, or enjoy another as much as the one now.

It's amazing what some sleep can do. I usually only sleep around four to five hours a night, and sometimes it catches up with me. Went to bed at 7:30 last night, when it was still light outside, and apart from waking up around 4:30am for half an hour or so, slept straight through until 7:00am this morning. Can't recall the last time my brain felt so relaxed and energetic!

Have decided not to take on a third-serial killer role, though have left the option to take it up in the future. Sidenote: When advising the person who sent the request of my decision, and my reasons, as I'd promised I would, she responded with, "Having recovered from the shock of encountering someone acting like a polite human adult on the Internet..." Is it really that uncommon?

I recently had a story re-start after a four-month hiatus, and just yesterday, had a reply to another which had been on hiatus for nine-months (Hope you're not expecting a quick response, Ari, xD). It's interesting trying to get back into the head of the original characters after that much time, particularly with the second, but am thrilled that both have returned.

I may struggle to find compatible partners, but the good thing is that when I do, as well as being awesome people, they tend to be loyal and reliable, and stick around for the long-term, or come back for another collaboration, and for that I'm incredibly thankful. Something else I love about them all is that we're on the same-page when it comes to our views on god-moding, in that whilst we all control our own characters, and won't speak to the others emotional states or inner thoughts, we're still writing them in the greater context of a collaborative story, and that sometimes a little agreed god-moding is necessary to move the scene along.

Disclaimer:
I'm not saying EVERYONE is like this

But a lot of people on the internet as assholes (for no fucking reason) so when you find someone who's nice enough to accept rejection and is totally cool about? It's like 'wow is this real life?' lol.

I just don't get it, if someone approaches me in a friendly manner, then they deserve the same in return. As 'intimidating' apparently (your word, not mine, I still don't believe it, xD), as I may come across at times, and despite the tone my good-humoured rants, and occasionally non sugar-coated opinions, might convey to those who can't see the mischevious little devil running around inside my head when I write them, I'm big on common courtesy.

Oh, and if you haven't heard it, there is already a song with the title:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6I9qVsXnSQ[/video]
It's actually based on a true event, where a sixteen year old schoolgirl shot dead two people in a school playground, and when asked why, responded with, "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day."

I don't hate them quite that much, xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the awesome things about writing?

That moment when you discover a line you threw in to a post has struck a certain chord with your partner, and realise that a single sentence, or just a few words, can sometimes carry so much meaning, xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it didn't take Dad long to end up in Hospital again.

He pushed himself by walking as far as he could the other day, and for much longer than recommended by the Doctor's, so much so that the next day he was exhausted, and refused to eat or drink, or to let Mum help him, and subsequently had a fall and fractured his hip.

Whilst I admire his independence, and determination - traits I also possess, in some ways, possibly even to a greater degree than him - and he'd give his life for his family and friends, he can also be one of the most (unintentionally) selfish bastards known to man, and not realise the effects his stubbornness can have on others, particularly Mum. When you're married, with three kids, like it or not, you've an obligation to others, and not just yourself.

Anyways, the result this time is at least a six week stay in Hospital. The good news is that it's only a fracture, not a break, but how he'll be when he gets out, I'm not sure. One of the problems with getting him mobile again after the recent issues was that he's already got no cartilage in either knee, from an accident when he was younger and, of course, he refuses to use the aid of a walking stick.

I haven't spoken to him as yet, so not sure what sort of mental state he's in. At least one of my brothers is down there to be with Mum, and go visit.

The disadvantages of sleeping for twelve hours straight in one night? For the next four, you don't get that in total. Actually, apart from just being an early riser, I think it's been the news on Dad, and weird changes in the weather that's kept me awake. Last night the minimum temperature was 80 degrees (converted to Fahrenheit, xD) - so bloody hot for sleeping, yet tonight it's meant to be around 40. When I woke this morning, it was like the apocalypse was coming, all dark black clouds, low to the ground, with a red glow surrounding them, and gale-force winds - pretty damn awesome! - which, coincidentally, neatly segues into the theme of my my next comment:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The below satirical images won't be everyone's cup-of-tea, hence the spoiler tags, but on one of my random trawls through the internet yesterday, I came across the 'Good Guy Lucifer' memes, and found them more than a little amusing; perfectly suited to my sense of humour.

enhanced-buzz-2475-1319650919-10.jpg

e54.jpg

30d.jpg

enhanced-buzz-2449-1319651552-25.jpg

358560.jpg

3c474843c52a78a70f2b5218b0e3107f304821e4142cecab98be60f3e7f23a1a.jpg

10971601.jpg

3b4951dbbb2e8a6df8a3a7be2da5ecdfa36afd53dcdfbeb160833061ad352fff.jpg

9e1.png

34228929.jpg

They also inspired in me a craving to want to write a parody, or potentially something more serious, based on the concept of who is truly deserving of the credit for Good, and blame for Evil, having always been apportioned incorrectly, simply because one managed to get a book out telling their side of the story before the other, with me portraying the misunderstood Lucifer of the memes, and the Evil God being revealed as a woman. Now, I just have to think up a plot, and find a partner who might be interested; the latter likely being a much more difficult task than the former, xD.

Dad's still in Hospital, they identified what they thought was a hairline fracture on the x-ray's, but can't confirm if it is a fracture, or just extremely bad bruising. Whichever way, he can't walk, and it's unknown if, when he is eventually released, Mum will be able to look after him, or if he'll need to be placed in a palliative care home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still don't know exactly what's happening with work, but one thing I do know is that the Internet is changing over tomorrow to the new owners, and that there will be increased protocols and security around it, so I doubt I'll be able to leave my computer logged on to BMR all day, as I do now, so that might slow down a lot of OoC. Uncertain what it will mean for stories yet, as whilst I may sometimes put the final polish on my posts, I don't write at work, but I do use the site as a mental break to refocus my brain and often read replies, sometimes multiple times over the course of a day, and allow ideas to float around in my head in regards to my responses.

There's also a chance that I'll be moving work locations early next year. Basically, the new owners would prefer that I move to their central office, but if I dig my heels in, and say no, I can stay where I am, and haven't decided yet what option I'll take. There's advantages and disadvantages to both for me personally, but if I do that could again delay my response times as my days would be longer, due to no more being able to just hop in the car and be at work five minutes later, along with possibly needing to change my hours.

Although I've been told that still starting at 6:30am - I'm awake anyway, and don't see the point of sitting around for three hours, waiting to go to work - is fine in theory, I'm not convinced that'd be the case in practice. I could always use the extra time I'd have in the morning, to write, but that would require the consumption of many, many cups of caffeine, xD

Then again, it may be a good thing, because I've found the faster I'm 'forced' to write, the more capable I am of doing it quickly, or in one sitting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mali and I have decided to bring our current story to an end, and begin one faster paced with a lot of adventure, action, violence and, I'd say, humour. It'll be a change for me, and I still have no idea how I'll go writing a more action-oriented scene, but will be fun to try. We'll also be taking a lot of liberties in regards to the British Royal Family, and the line of secession. Mali, you'd make an awesome Queen of England, xD

Got the news just now that the Social Worker is meeting mum at the Hospital tomorrow to let Dad know that he won't be able to go home, but instead will need to be placed in a Palliative care facility.

I don't know how that's going to go as the man has a special talent for guilt trips, and can argue well enough to convince anyone that the sky isn't blue, then make them feel ashamed for ever having the gall to even suggest that it was, so knowing that he'd rather be dead than in a home, lets just say it's not going to be easy on Mum. However, I feel even more sympathy for him, but what can you do. It's life, and by forever ignoring medical advice, and continuing to live the lifestyle he has, he's brought the health issues upon himself a lot sooner than should have been the case.

I've still got a funny feeling he'll talk his way out of it; at least for a while. We'll see. It'll make for a fun Christmas, but probably no worse than the one where my eldest brother didn't talk to him for three years afterwards. To say that my own relationship with him is complicated would be an understatement, and I'm still not sure how it's possible to love someone, and admire many of their qualities, without actually liking them very much.

I'm sorry love :/ My thoughts are with you and your family.

From what you've told me about your dad, I can believe he'd talk his way out of it for now. Still though, that isn't really news I guess anyone wants to hear, next to being sent to hospice.

Although if it's okay, I'm thinking more about you and your mom than your dad. He'll keep kicking for as long as he wants. I'm more concerned for your mom because she's been a trooper through all this but it's hard to continue living without someone who has been around for so many years. You get used to it and accustomed to it and without it, it feels unnatural. And then I'm thinking about you because you're my friend and it's your dad.

I hope things aren't too rough love <3
I'm here to vent, talk or anything. Don't forget that ^^

Thanks Mali, I appreciate your thoughts, and your friendship, and I know I can always vent if I need to. I'm all good, just sometimes throw out what's in my head on here to clear it, or clarify to myself what I'm thinking.

His mind is still sharp as a tack, and I can just empathise with the mental anguish he'll be going through, losing the last vestiges of independence. Even when he was first placed in Hospital, back a few months ago, he refused to let the staff shower him, but instead insisted that Mum be allowed to do it because he found needing that help so degrading, It goes against every Health, Safety and Patient Care regulation known to man, but, as I've mentioned, he can argue, xD. However, Mum does work as a home nurse, and if the experts now believe, and she agrees, that even with her training and experience she won't be able to care for him properly, there's not much option. I still think he'll talk his way out of it though, lol.

She will be devastated when he goes, and to be alone after all the time they've been married, but in the end she'll cope, and be able to have a life herself again, which she hasn't really had for the last few years. Australian country women are tough and durable, especially when they're the youngest of nine, and had to fight every night for a seat at the dinner table :)

Dad was advised yesterday, and as expected the news didn't go down too well, but probably better than I thought it would, and when I spoke to him, he was more positive than I'd envisaged.

He's still clinging on to hope that he'll become more mobile, and when that happens he'll be allowed home. In fact, one of his comments to me was, "I've only got a sore leg, that's all that's wrong with me, anyone would be the same if they fell like I did," but when I mentioned that he might eventually be allowed home, he responded with, "I'd still be a burden on your Mother," so don't really know exactly what he's thinking.

The positive news is that they got him into a facility where they live. At first they refused to accept him because they're understaffed, and he requires two people to assist him, and he would have had to go to another, over an hours drive away from Mum.

One of my brothers is down there this weekend; I'll head down next.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on a completely unrelated note, after reading the latest news headlines.

When the fuck is anyone going to grow balls enough to do something about the gun-laws in America?

Back
Top Bottom