Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

And the shit's really hitting the fan at work. Just discovered my boss' ex-business partner (or 'dirty fucking asshole' according to our external accountant; got to love straight talking women, xD) is going to attempt to liquidate the company as revenge on the current owner, and put thirty of his own old employees out of work! Not too worried, as I don't think it's going to happen, but who ever said men can't be vindictive. Had a chat to the owner, and there could be a few drinks had at the function tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To share some of a (very) long approach, and response to my request thread, received today:

Your request thread just screamed at me to be offended. I don't know why, maybe it's the pathetic fascist femi-nazi crap that I read all day that makes me want to smash by skull in with a hammer, but regardless before I hit the "back" button to simply disregard your request thread and continue on my search. I came to the realization that I agreed with you and that your honesty was really what was offending me. Personally I have grown to not say or do something that could potentially offend anyone, it's rude. But if you are being honest and stating facts, how is that rude?

However, the next part where I was told that I shouldn't write off Shades Of Grey so harshly, and it should be appreciated for the plot and complex characters, I didn't enjoy quite so much.

Not necessarily because I disagree with her as, although I know of the novels and have seen the concept a million times before, I've not actually read them, but more because I think the one sentence reference, intended as a throwaway line, and meant to elicit nothing more sinister than a smile, was taken a little too much to heart, and told me that we're likely not on the same page in regards to our sense of humour.

The ability to recognise not to take me too seriously, read between the lines, and interpret my hyperbole and sarcasm in the light-hearted vein it's meant to be taken, and respond in kind, is what initially attracts me to being interested in writing with someone as I find it tends to bleed over to the characters they portray, and aside from the actual content containing what I believe to be more than a kernel of truth (an entire corn-field of it, to be precise), to find those types of partners and personalities is a large part of the reason behind having written the request as I did.

I'm pretty sure that the conversations with nearly every writing partner I have now, and those where the stories have lasted long term, commenced with some type of smart-ass, smart-alec approach, comment, PM title or humourous rejoinder to the statements made in my thread, which had me appreciating their wit, and ability to give as good as they get in the sarcasm stakes, from the start. I don't mind at all being told I'm wrong, just do it with a smile on your face and be able to support your claims!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And because, why not. Some quotes from an amazing women, who was largely responsible for the awareness and acceptance of birth control methods in the UK, and one of my favourite free-thinkers and outspoken Atheists. People must think it's something that occupies much of my thoughts, the amount of times I mention it here, but it's not, it's just a subject my mind always eventually turns to in quiet moments, because I truly cannot comprehend how anyone could believe, or even want to believe, in the God of The Bible, yet the effects, and reality of people having belief, are there to see every day.

It astounds me, and it's that concept, the psychology of 'Faith', and the fact that people accept Laws being based on, and attempt to claim the moral high-ground for, an unproven and self-contradictory myth (which is what I do despise), that I find incredibly interesting and intriguing, more-so than the question of the existence of any God itself. As hard as I try, I don't think I'll ever understand.

The last quote best sums up my thoughts in regards to the existence question:

annie-besants-quotes-7.jpg

atheist-waits-proof-god.jpg

quote-better-remain-silent-better-not-even-think-if-you-are-not-prepared-to-act-annie-besant-17023.jpg

Annie-Besant-I-am-without-God.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No huge amount of drinks at the Melbourne Cup function, but was a fun day, and the race was won by a female jockey for the first time in it's 154 year history. Michelle Payne is a good story.

One of ten children, they were raised by her Father after their Mother died when she was six months old, and she'd had a couple of race falls; nine fractured vertebrae, a fractured skull, and bleeding on the brain; which almost led to her retiring, however in the end, she didn't because, "It's part of the sport, and no-one's telling male jockey's to retire after they fall, so why should I?"

I was glad to see her win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do receive some interesting, unsolicited PM's at times, and just now after logging in I discovered a poem awaited me.

No salutation, no greeting, no small-talk, no anything, except for this poem, which I've placed within spoiler tags due to its XXX content, xD.

Unwrap me like a gift on morning
Your anticipation mounting
Your excitement evident in your naughty eyes
Drink me in with exquisite thirst
As my delicate pink nipples bead before you
Hardening under your lusty gaze
And large hands skimming my pale skin
Your urgent kisses tracing every freckle
Burning down my walls, melting my steel heart
You nudge apart my legs
Insistently and teasingly
Sliding your sword-like erection along my honey pot
Dipping into the sweetest of glistening nectar
Silky and smooth, coating your aching cock
Until I impale myself onto your manhood
A single gasp escaping my breathless lips
Wrapped now in your deepest love
I open fully to you
To be sheathed at your discretion
For I am Yours now
Utterly and completely.

As is generally the case with me, my initial reaction upon reading it was not along the lines of, "Oh, that's a nice poem, thanks for sending it.", but instead, more of a furrowed-brow, quizzical, "Why, what was the purpose?"

I'm guessing it's another of those mysterious questions, like the origins of life, that I'll never have a satisfactory answer for!

A call for help!

Apparently a couple of friends are receiving a virus warning when clicking on this thread. If anyone has any idea of when it may have started, so that I can delete all images, etc from that date on, or how I can identify the gremlin that's causing the trouble, and fix it, please let me know. Probably best to PM me.

I always try to obtain images from trusted, safe sources, and haven't received any virus warnings when copying the links, nor am I getting any on my home or work computers when I click this thread, so not sure what's going on, or whether it's even something to worry about or not.

Edit: The culprit has now been identified and stomped on, so hopefully no more virus warnings. Let me know if there are :)

Mr Quixotic said:
I do receive some interesting, unsolicited PM's at times, and just now after logging in I discovered a poem awaited me.

No salutation, no greeting, no small-talk, no anything, except for this poem, which I've placed within spoiler tags due to its XXX content, xD.

Unwrap me like a gift on morning
Your anticipation mounting
Your excitement evident in your naughty eyes
Drink me in with exquisite thirst
As my delicate pink nipples bead before you
Hardening under your lusty gaze
And large hands skimming my pale skin
Your urgent kisses tracing every freckle
Burning down my walls, melting my steel heart
You nudge apart my legs
Insistently and teasingly
Sliding your sword-like erection along my honey pot
Dipping into the sweetest of glistening nectar
Silky and smooth, coating your aching cock
Until I impale myself onto your manhood
A single gasp escaping my breathless lips
Wrapped now in your deepest love
I open fully to you
To be sheathed at your discretion
For I am Yours now
Utterly and completely.

As is generally the case with me, my initial reaction upon reading it was not along the lines of, "Oh, that's a nice poem, thanks for sending it.", but instead, more of a furrowed-brow, quizzical, "Why, what was the purpose?"

I'm guessing it's another of those mysterious questions, like the origins of life, that I'll never have a satisfactory answer for!
I'm jealous. Whenever I get unusual unsolicited pms like that, it always goes back to some guy with a foot fetish. I don't know what it is about feet guys, but I have only met one who asked for it respectfully.

xanaphia said:
I'm jealous. Whenever I get unusual unsolicited pms like that, it always goes back to some guy with a foot fetish. I don't know what it is about feet guys, but I have only met one who asked for it respectfully.

Not that I have any first-hand experience, Xana (really, I don't!), but I'd assume feet guys, knowing with absolute certainty they're about to be faced with rejection yet again, are always in a bad mood when sending their requests?

It was a nice poem, but what I really want to know is the motivation behind her sending it. I could always ask, but am disinclined to do that because receiving just it, and nothing else, leads me to believe I wouldn't receive a satisfactory answer, which would result in frustration, and I'm not very nice when I'm frustrated. It's a vicious circle! xD

Be careful Andy. Having had my own experience with something that started exactly like that, I can safely say be careful. Keep every PM this person sends, keep every PM you send her in your sent files, and above all else always be nice to her. I know that you are sweet aussie, but make sure you're kind to her in any PMs. That could come back to be your best friend if things turn a little weird. Take it as advice from somebody that's been there on this site.

Thanks Andy, I appreciate that, and I'm glad yours all turned out okay.

You know me. I despise vagueness, and won't respond at all, because I believe I'm probably expected to in some form or another. I honestly think she's just taking the piss out of me by sending it, probably due to my request threads.

Oh, sorry, I forget I sometimes speak Australian without realising it!

Taking the piss:

1. "Taking the piss" simply means making fun of a person, or having a laugh at someone else's expense, generally good-naturedly, in its usual context. It's a very common expression within Britain (and Australia), but probably rare elsewhere. "Taking the mickey" is a similar, slightly sanitised version, that perhaps is used elsewhere.

Made a couple of my own edits to the definition, it's usually meant in jest, xD

And here I was expecting the kind of poem that goes like "Roses are red, Violets are blue (yada yada yada)". XD Maybe you have a secret (alright, maybe not so secret given that you can see her username) admirer, Quix. Who knows, maybe she'll send you chocolates and flowers in the next PM. If that happens, do save the chocolate. I wouldn't want to let you get diabetes from it; I'll make a sacrifice and eat them for you!

Told ya I'd still be lurking around!

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Roses are Red, Violets are Blue poems; they're all I'm capable of writing! I don't know, she might be one of those bunny-boiler women, and the chocolates could be poisoned, so to be safe, I'd have to keep them all for taste-testing. I wouldn't want you to come to any harm, xD

It's great to have you still stalking lurking around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dad's improving a little more each day at home. As he suffered a stroke, he's not legally allowed to drive without medical clearance, so I'm sure that will be the next battle. I can't actually imagine him being capable of driving again anyway, and that's probably a good thing for every other road user. He's not the best driver in the world, however claims to never have had an accident, to which my response is always, "But how many have you caused?" xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been dreaming a lot lately - and no, they're in no way related to that poem! -, which is unusual for me. I wake up knowing I've had a dream, and remembering the content, but because I can't retain or recall images, have no idea if it occurred visually or not.

Logic tells me it must have been visual (isn't that what dreams are?), but because I have no memory of that, and it's outside my realm of conscious experience, I feel as if its just taken place in my brain, unaccompanied by images. That dichotomy, and not actually knowing, is kind of weird, xD

A small (and as always, written with a smile on my face) rant today!

One of my threads states very clearly that I'm looking for a female character to locate her capacity for independent thought, and utilise it to do something all by herself, and the other, just as clearly, says that 'I'm looking for a two-sided story where the female character brings her own agenda and purpose to the table.

No doubts what I'm looking for there, I wouldn't think?

So why is it that every time, and I do mean every time, those who even bother to acknowledge those parts of my requests in the first place (rather than pretend they don't exist, as the majority do), ask what it is that I want their characters motivations or goals to be, then wonder why I become frustrated with the question?

Maybe because needing to ask me what your characters agenda, desires or intent should be is the very antithesis of a display of an independent mind, individualistic motivations/purpose, and capacity to be driven strongly enough by the possession of one's own wants to act autonomously, and that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in regards to your true interest in writing, or ability to portray, a character who does have those qualities.

I feel all better now :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Quixotic said:
So why is it that every time, and I do mean every time, those who even bother to acknowledge those parts of my requests in the first place (rather than pretend they don't exist, as the majority do), ask what it is that I want their characters motivations or goals to be, then wonder why I become frustrated with the question?

Maybe they're looking for a general direction you see both the characters going, and are asking about your opinion on how you think the female character should be approached, so they can use it to elaborate and really cook up something good. I don't know; I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt, LOL.

Well, hello, good to see you back. I was just responding to your PM, xD

No, it's not that, as putting my hyperbole aside, I don't become frustrated in the first two seconds or without attempting to explain further, or collaborate and shoot ideas back and forth, and the good-humoured rants on here are directed more towards my own thought-process, than them.

However, for example, if someone comes to me and says, "I want my character to be raped/kidnapped/pursued", and I respond with "no worries, but what is your character going to do within the story to give mine reasons to want to rape/kidnap/pursue her, what are her goals?", I don't think the question is difficult to comprehend. Then the other person, as far as I'm concerned, should be able to think up appropriate motivations for her character, which could lead to that result. I could pop out a hundred, but that defeats the purpose, xD

It comes down to an outright refusal, or inability, to write a character with any type of proactive role or independent agency in the story, and that's fine. If they don't want to, or can't, no problem, but don't message me, as my threads make it very clear that's what I'm looking for.

PS: It doesn't matter if you only have the original Tim-Tam's; they're still, by far, the best. Chunky Kit-Kats, however?

KIT_KAT_CHUNKY_40g.jpg

PPS: I've missed having your analytical skills to bounce mine off; you've helped turn a curiosity into absolute certainty, and my brain can now forever rest in peace knowing I have an answer, and that my intuition was right, xD

Mr Quixotic said:
Well, hello, good to see you back. I was just responding to your PM, xD

PS: It doesn't matter if you only have the original Tim-Tam's; they're still, by far, the best. Chunky Kit-Kats, however?

KIT_KAT_CHUNKY_40g.jpg

PPS: I've missed having your analytical skills to bounce mine off; you've helped turn a curiosity into absolute certainty, and my brain can now forever rest in peace knowing I have an answer, and that my intuition was right, xD

It's good to be back and talking to my friends! I missed you a lot. You and lait!

I'm actually wondering why the hell I don't have white-chocolate Kit-Kats. I love white chocolate more than milk chocolate! Tim Tams are literally perfection. I keep them in stock at my house now, hahaha.

And about that last thing, no worries! It was a fun process! We can make a great team. xD

I missed you around here as well, and I know Lait is definitely glad to have you back.

You should import them, and make millions! Tim-Tam's, too, I've never met anyone who didn't like them.
Dark chocolate, white chocolate, or just chocolate, I love it all; which type at a particular time, depends.

We do, and have we ever been wrong yet? xD

Arrrghh, so unlike me, as I'm usually one to make snap decisions and be totally confident and content with the choices I make (except on the odd occasion where it later comes back to explode in my face, and I ask myself, "Why the fuck did I do that?" xD), but have been pondering this for over a week.

The partner on the story I had on Elliquiy that I dropped, too subtly apparently (again, unlike me!) for it to be taken as a drop rather than a break, when my mind was everywhere with Dad being so sick, contacted me to ask if I wanted to pick it back up, and about the health of my Father, and I've been avoiding sending a response, which I don't feel too guilty about as I did say I needed a break from the site, however will need to get back to her soon.

I enjoyed the story, but I'm just not sure if I want to go back to Elliquiy as I struggle to get into the site, though I'm leaning towards yes. I actually drafted a reply to her a few days ago - sidenote: one thing I do like about Elliquiy is how it forwards entire messages to your email, I haven't been on there in three weeks or so -, and now just have to log on and send it. Or not.

In good news, it appears Ari and I will be writing together again; either picking up our (very) old story, or starting a new one. If it's the latter, then knowing the way we both work you can expect to see the first post around, um 2038? xD

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another writing sample from my one remaining (as mentioned previously, very slow-burning, whenever we get around to sending a post) PM story. Not sure what it is or exactly why, but I'm having a heap of fun with writing the family dynamics and sibling rivalry. And since my partner told me she enjoys shout-outs, well CyanideDisaster is a just brilliant writer, and makes Goldie jump off the page with her personality!

Goldilocks And The Three 'Bears'

Of course, Walt had nothing to be ashamed of in the physique department either, it was just that, unlike his sibling, he had no excuse to rip his shirt off and flex his glistening and water-coated, bronzed muscles in front of the young woman beside them. The younger Bear muttered insults under his breath, but at the same time was totally aware that if he'd been in the same position, he'd have done the same as Edmund. Why did the elder boy always have to get in first? After the smack on the head, he remained contemplative for the remainder of the journey, but his mood slowly improved.

How it could it not, hearing the laughter and sweet sound of the voice of Goldie, even if it wasn't his arm around her shoulder, however, he could have done without his older sibling's cheery conversation, and teasing. He consoled himself with the fact that he thought he'd caught a reaction from Goldie at his mention of all the other girls, which had caused a brief scowl to flit across Edmund's face. "One fine, strapping young man, and well, I don't know what Walt is, possibly a man one day." The scowl had swiftly formed into a grin and that was the last word the brothers spoke to each other for the remainder of the journey.

When they entered the Cottage, the smell of food caused any remaining remnants of Walt's sourness to disappear. At least he'd known about the surprise Papa had in store, and he grinned mischievously at Edmund before the two scampered up the stairs, and left their new guest alone with Papa. "I've already decided she can have my room." Walter ensured that he spoke loudly enough for Goldie to hear, so that there'd be no doubt about whose generosity had been granted.

Papa shook his head with a smile, flipped the meat over in the skillet when they entered the kitchen, and responded to Goldie, "Ham and vegetables, with fresh-baked bread," then listened to her hum a tune in comfortable silence, and admired the way she worked the knife. "However, I've a feeling our meals will improve now that you're around." Papa finally spoke again as he began to remove the cooked slices of Ham from the skillet, and his timing was impeccable. At that very moment, the potato's over-boiled. "Or maybe not," he chuckled, and handed a cloth to Goldie when she bent to her knees. "Careful, don't scald yourself with the hot water."

His eyes met hers, and he pursed his lips at her question, lost in thought for a moment, before he twisted to slide the pan with the bread dough from the fire, and leaned against the kitchen counter. His expression of sadness had quickly faded. "Since I was a little boy. My papa built this house, and it's where I was married, and the boys were born. I've thought about leaving it once or twice, but I just can't bring myself to leave behind the memories. They're mostly good. What about you, Goldie. Do you think you'll be happy here?"

Papa's eyes raised to the ceiling, where the footsteps of his sons could be heard overhead, then pulled his gaze back to the young woman. His tone and demeanour had become a little more serious. "You know, boys will be boys, and I'm not going to ask them to deny their natural instincts, but I've also raised them to be gentlemen, as their Mother would have wished, so if either ever cause you any trouble, or give you reason to be scared, you come see me. Do you understand?" As for his own natural instincts. Papa had attempted to push thoughts of those aside.

I joined Elliquiy, and after a total of one month, I found I didn't like it. But I think that has more to do with the fact that I had more friends on BMR, so being here was always more comfortable than being there. In addition to that, I felt slightly put off by the whole application process. Having to apply was an odd concept for me. But I will say that I've noticed the standards are higher there than they are on many other roleplaying sites.

BRUHH LOL. I think even after we figured out the concept for "Hyde and Seek," it still took us a month to finalize it and for me to send over my first post. Oops! To be honest, if we started from scratch, it would definitely take us a while to finalize things! So yes, 2038 sounds about right!

I'm the same, BMR feels like home. I know where everything is, how everything works, most of the people, or at least their names, and I get more of a 'community' vibe from it, not to mention the fact of having friends here already. Also, the lack of being able to save drafts really makes it much more difficult for me. All of my responses are written using the preview pane, with my partners post up there in front of me as well, and I draft and re-edit each reply a few times.

I should really insist we start a new story then, just so that I can ask you to write another starter. Then again, if a new story means I have to write the starter, we'll continue on with Hyde and Seek, xD

I just joined Elliquiy after taking over a year to sign up. I started to join when I wasn't feeling a lot of love around here, had two awesome partners drop me in the same month and I got depressed. But then work started and I never finished the signup process. Then a friend bugged me to join him over there and I relented and finally got accepted. It's funny since I am absolutely full on rps now, so I am new there and not even bothering to look for something. Except maybe a group rp, since they seem to be more active over there?

I'm much the same, only joined there when I wasn't getting any bites on here at all, as a backup, and when a partner joined, we decided to duplicate our posts on E to give us both posting history. The one story I am writing, she just messaged me from nowhere a couple of months after I posted my thread, and was the first one I hadn't said that I wasn't looking for stories at the moment, to.

A lot of the reason was that she had a plot on her thread that was unlike any I'd seen offered up before, and I was extremely interested in playing, so we talked about taking that up after our current one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do sometimes have eclectic tastes; if my OoC chatter dies down over the next couple of days, particularly in my afternoon and evening, it'll be because I'll, very rarely for me, be glued to the television sreen, immersed in watching the action (contradiction in terms? xD) go down at the World Series of Poker Main Event Final Table!

And mentioning eclectic tastes, for reasons I can't explain, I've always been attracted to melancholy songs, movies and fiction, so of course, late last night I googled sad songs! Love this; from Donnie Darko.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4[/video]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A chat with my brother today; it's his birthday, so I thought I'd better give him a call; somehow led to a discussion of mental imagery, and his disbelief when I mentioned my lack of ability to visualise, so then I went to email him a link, and to my surprise (well, not really, this is the internet) discovered that there's now an entire website devoted to Aphantasia.

It's quite strange to see that there appears to be a lot of people who take it as a serious condition, or who claim it affects their life, as, for me, it has no particular relevance beyond being an amusing curiosity, and creating an interest in attempting to comprehend the experience of those who can visualise. I don't feel as if I've missed out on anything; in fact, I more think about what I might have missed out on in the way my mind works now to compensate for the lack of that ability, if I could.

However, the site did spark a question that I've not thought of before, as the subject has just never come up:

Is aphantasia just limited to imagery?

People with aphantasia vary in their ability to synthesise senses in their mind. The majority are unable to reproduce anything within their mind, be it visual, sound, smell, taste, touch. It is noted that even for people who can visualise in their minds eye, not everyone can achieve the other abilities, or even to the same degree.

The ability to harness your minds eye varies amongst the general population, the difference is, people with aphantasia are unable to create any synthesised senses in their mind.

Can people really reproduce those other senses in their mind, too?

Interesting times coming up at work. The owner told us a few of us yesterday that, to get out of the predicament he's in with his ex-business partner which has already cost him a shitload of money, and led to his divorce, he's decided to sell to the business to a competitor.

Not worried about my job at all, as one of the stipulations of the sale is that all employees are taken on by the new owner, and the current owner is required to remain on as as a salesperson for the next three years, however I work in an industry where big egos amongst the sales people are the norm, and rivalries are pretty fierce, so I think the shit's really going to hit the fan when the entire staff are advised tomorrow morning.

The only thing that does concern me is the damn logistics when it happens, I'm not good at organisation, and my mind's already flooded with about a million things that will need to be done.

Should be fun
:)

That's really bumming news about your job and the owner having to sell to a competitor. That really sucks since I knew you enjoyed working for him, you both seemed to get on well. But it's good to know that your job seems to be relatively safe. But we'll see how much you enjoy working for someone else. I remember you telling me the perks and enjoyment of your job and one of them being the fact you don't actually hate your 'boss.' Good luck love and I hope it all works out. And hopefully it's not too stressful for you <3

Back
Top Bottom