Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Malicious Lullaby said:
LOL. I adore you.
Yeah, that did sound a little motherly, a little scolding didn’t it? xP

Of course, how could you not? (That's a rhetorical question by the way, xD)

It did; you should be a teacher!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figure since this is my journal, I can be as picky with non-important little rants as I want, xD. Maybe my patience has not been helped by just spending four hours liaising with our IT people in an attempt to find out why the internet at work had gone down; in the end to discover that the invoice sent from the Service Provider that confirmed the monthly direct debit had been processed, and there was a nil balance owing, didn't in fact mean that our monthly direct debit had been deducted from the account, and there was a nil balance owing, but that instead for some reason what has been occurring, each month since forever without fail, had randomly been stopped, and our service suspended due to non-payment.

So what happens when the outstanding payment is made? They tell you it will be up and going in no time, but forget to ask the tech guys to flick the switch to reactivate our service, and then you spend another hour and a half waiting for a call-back from the technical support area, which never comes, after being told it will be a maximum of twenty minutes!

That's not to mention the multitude of people who kept asking me "Is the Internet back up yet?," after I'd sent an internal email which stated, "I'll let you know when it's working again." It's best not to interrupt me with inane questions when I'm already impatient and irritated!

Three other little rants; otherwise known as:

Quix's pedantic dislikes:

1) Being addressed as Sir, or greeted as such in a PM from someone I've never spoken to before. It's a term that I often associate with deference, and it automatically makes me cringe when coming from a stranger. That's not to say my opinion can't be changed with the context of the rest of what they have to say, but the initial impression is just not a good one.

2) The phrase "whatever you want" being used when discussing a possible story. I've no problems stating my preferences but, for fuck's sake, please have your own opinions. Possibly one of my most despised phrases in the entire English Language.

3) When people reply to a PM, cutting off the message you've sent, so that all you get back is their reply. Every time. I like to be able to follow a conversational trail, rather than needing to go back to my sent items to re-read what they're actually responding to, and having to keep a plethora of one-line PM's cluttering up my inbox, which then makes it like searching for a needle in a haystack if you want to later go back and check something.

There are several ways I could not adore you xP (Oops…I didn’t know it was rhetorical. xP)

Lol it’s a good thing I am trying to do just that!

You needs a Tim-Tam to make you feel even better after that rant. Or a Cherry Ripe or even a Violet Crumble.

And I'm sure I'd love every one of them! (No, you just ignored me, xD)

I must be psychic! You'll make a great one.

That rant in itself made me feel better, though I'd never say no to a Tim-Tam, Cherry Ripe or Violet Crumble.

Nope, I do think often a part of peoples real personalities bleed into their characters, xD

Anytime

That's okay, I appreciate the offer, and I can buy them pretty much anywhere here myself. Though the bottle of bourbon sitting about two feet away is also looking quite tasty. I need to open up a damn liquor shop!

Lol does that go for you also for your character in 'Internet Killers?' Should we be afraid?

Sure, rub it in Mr. Braggity Brag Brag! I looked them up on Amazon. So expensive >.<

I re-read that the other day. Apart from cringing at some of my writing, it also made me miss that damn story again!! A little of me is in there, you just need to guess which parts, xD

Lol, well if it makes you feel better, books are so much cheaper for you than me!

Lol your writing wasn’t bad. It was scary how well you wrote that character and his actions. That’s impressive. Makes me a little bit afraid of you and it’d scare me even more if I ever could figure out what parts of you are in that role.

That does make me feel a little better…

Well, remember I am typing this from the prison library!

Thanks, xD. I always see what I could have done better once I read over what I've written with fresh eyes, and I do see some parallels between Parker Kane, Hawthorne Tisch, and Peter Norris, although maybe not immediately obvious, and it's expressed in differring ways. They're all motivated by a challenge, and competition.

Send me some books in return for Cherry Ripes?

And it makes it even scarier considering your lineage!

Okay that I can see. I mean it makes sense. After all Jinx constantly challenged Parker and now Harper can’t seem to stop challenging Hawthorne even if she is a panting and writhing hot mess that can barely take anymore xP

Sure. I learned I can lend kindle books. So mine will be free. You sending me Cherry Ripes…not so much xD

Just following in my forebears footsteps; they'd be proud of me!

Exactly, and the part of 'me' in there, even Peter Norris, is, being the youngest of three boys, with brother's who'd never allow me to win at anything, the challenge of beating them with pure determination and stubbornness motivated me. I'd have hated it if they'd ever 'let' me win; victory wouldn't have been as sweet. Whether Harper will get what she wants is still to be seen. xD!

I can always steal the Cherry Ripes to send you! Thievery is in my blood.

So proud that you might get yourself sent back to the UK!

Interesting. I guess there are reasons and things that make people competitive in things. Makes sense. Makes sense why you are xP
Hurry on your post! I’m dying to know what happens next!

Yes but that might get you shipped back to England and that might be a bad thing. The time change can really mess with someone xP

Malicious Lullaby said:
So proud that you might get yourself sent back to the UK!

Interesting. I guess there are reasons and things that make people competitive in things. Makes sense. Makes sense why you are xP
Hurry on your post! I’m dying to know what happens next!

Yes but that might get you shipped back to England and that might be a bad thing. The time change can really mess with someone xP

That'd be cool, a free vacation; ocean cruise and all!

Or I could just be a psychopathic serial-killer, and that's the part of me I meant.
Stop being impatient, and go check the bloody thread, xD

I'll have three months to become accustomed to it. Unless they fly convicts back to England these days? That wouldn't be so great!

Just throwing this here, in attempt to clarify my thoughts:

I received the strangest PM this morning. Was from a guy, who complimented me on my writing, and basically asked if I'd mind providing advice. It totally gob-smacked me. I know I've received compliments from my partners, and others, on my writing, but I just can't see what some others apparently do.

Roleplaying, and writing, for me, is a challenge. Getting every single one of my posts out is a challenge. Composing my thoughts and putting them onto the page is a challenge. My initial reaction to each and every story reply I receive is "Shit, I have no fucking idea how I'm going to respond, I don't know if I can match that, I'm not sure I'm capable, or possess the creativity."

That tends to die down after I allow it to float around in my head, but there's still always that lingering feeling in the back of mind that each reply I get out is a 'fluke', and that one day those flukes are going to stop. Intuitively, I know that's not true, as in the end, when I actually sit down to write a post, it's not usually that difficult, and I do have confidence in my own ability, but as to how I write my posts, and how they read to others, I've no concept at all. I just post what happens to make sense at the time, or 'seems right', and don't possess any technical writing knowledge, nor am I qualified to provide advice to anybody.

I know myself well enough to also be aware that initial and instinctual reaction (damn being an INTP sometimes!) is also why I often reject approaches out-of-hand, when on further contemplation, I realised I would have loved to write them, and am more than capable of doing so, and doing so, well, and with a bit more 'pushing', I would have done. Sometimes I just need to fight with my own brain.

Having said all that, the 'challenge' and sense of accomplishment when I do get a post out is what I find enjoyable, fun and relaxing about writing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another subject; I live in the Capital of Australia (no, not Sydney! xD), where Parliament sits, and our airport was lit in rainbow colours this morning, for the Politicians all flying in on their return from the Winter Recess, in support of the Same Sex Marriage Equality Bill to soon be introduced. Hopefully, this will time it will be successful, but with our current Prime Minister, I have my doubts:

wecandothis-lead.jpg

I guess some people must see a different side of me than others, because according to a certain person, who shall remain nameless, I remind her of the guy in this film clip:

[video=youtube][video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OgHC8gDpzQ[/video]

I remain unsure as to regard this as an insult, or compliment :)

Mr Quixotic said:

I remain unsure as to regard this as an insult, or compliment :)

He's the hero, right? He did a good thing for those girls in that clip at least. I've never seen the film, so, I don't know much more than that. All I do know is when I tried to watch it, the scene with him hugging the minions good night and chiding the one that got back in line because he supposedly can tell them all apart as individuals or whatever, was so nauseating, I had to stop. Couldn't go back to it and couldn't finish it.

I'm not sure Rudolph, yet another film I haven't seen either, but from that clip I'd say he's the hero

You'd think with a couple of young nephews, I'd have watched more kids movies, but alas not. I'm a Bad Uncle!

Malicious Lullaby said:
It's a compliment! He's the anti-hero. He's a villain in the beginning and then he becomes good :D All because of those three girls and the 'fluffiness!' xDDD

But, but! I always cheer for the villain. Does he have to become good? xD

Malicious Lullaby said:
Buts are for billy goats!
And yes. He does. Because even the little things can make the villain smile!

Damn, I haven't heard that expression in a long time, xD

Fine, I'll cheer for the hero, just this once!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Came across this movie trailer on a news website the other day, for an Austrian Horror film, which is meant to be one of the scariest trailers of all time. Not sure about that, but it is a little freaky. (Mali, I'm warning you, don't watch! xd)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXpUaQpXMA[/video]

Malicious Lullaby said:
Why...w-why...whyyyyyyyy would you tell me not to watch it?! Of course I'm going to watch it! -clutches pillow to my chest and rocks back and forth- Why is it so creepy??

Because I knew when I told you not to watch it, that's exactly what you'd do. But you can't blame me! It is damn creepy.

And guess what?

IT'S SNOWING HERE!!!!!!!!!!

You're such an ass! You knew I would watch it! You should have said 'Mali you need to watch this!' and I wouldn't have!

Now you're an even bigger ass. You made me watch a scary trailer and you get snow! While I will have terrifying nightmares and still be in the sweltering desert heat! Not cool man!

Malicious Lullaby said:
You're such an ass! You knew I would watch it! You should have said 'Mali you need to watch this!' and I wouldn't have!

Now you're an even bigger ass. You made me watch a scary trailer and you get snow! While I will have terrifying nightmares and still be in the sweltering desert heat! Not cool man!

I could have, but where would the fun have been in that?

I didn't make you do anything, it was your choice, xD. Don't forget to tell me about those nightmares.

Well, it's not exactly a blizzard. I said to one of my co-workers, "It's damn cold out there", and she replied with, "Yeah, it's snowing", and I was like, "Oh, I thought that rain looked weird!"

Back
Top Bottom