Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Malicious Lullaby said:
lait said:
Malicious Lullaby said:
-snort- No shit xP

But that's bad though.
'Cause I'm supposed to be the pimp.
He's totally taking over my job. What do I do Mali?
;____ ;?

You gots to steal some of his best. I offer myself ^^
That''ll depend on the price, XD

It had better be a good offer, Lait! I'm talking the World.

Malicious Lullaby said:
Yeah but it's Memorial Weekend/Day. There are discounts coming out of his wazoo! xP

Fine, just the Southern Hemisphere then!

Malicious Lullaby said:
Yeah but it's Memorial Weekend/Day. There are discounts coming out of his wazoo! xP

HAH.
Yessss. Mali is minnnne now.
I bought her with my Southern Hemisphere coupons

Malicious Lullaby said:
Muahahaha! Oh wait, should I be afraid Lait? I hardly know you xP

You should be afraid, Mali. I told you to hold out for more, but did you listen? XD

Pffft don't lie to her Quix!!
You obviously talk to me. So i'm not all that bad.
< U <

lait said:
Pffft don't lie to her Quix!!
You obviously talk to me. So i'm not all that bad.
< U <

Hey, you talked to me first. Obviously I'm not all that scary.

Malicious Lullaby said:
-becomes very small- When do I ever listen? x3

That's beside the point, Mali!

Malicious Lullaby said:
-becomes very small- When do I ever listen? x3
Lait are you scary?

Not at alllll!
Not one bit.
Just the best pimp with coupons in the world of course.

Quix:
>:C Well you were interesting. Maybe I'm the ultimate pimp I was just adding you to my collection?
You ever think about it that way?????

lait said:
Quix:
>:C Well you were interesting. Maybe I'm the ultimate pimp I was just adding you to my collection?
You ever think about it that way?????

No, I haven't, but I'm sure I'll now be having nightmares about it this evening, XD

lait said:
Not at alllll!
Not one bit.

Will I be happy under your pimpin'...pimping-ship?
(Might probably be too late to ask these preliminary questions considering you already swindled a good deal with COUPONS!)

There will be a porcelain Quixotic doll on your shelf with a laminated sign saying 'Previous Pimp Porcelain Taxidermy.' Creepy creepy!

Malicious Lullaby said:
lait said:
Not at alllll!
Not one bit.

Will I be happy under your pimpin'...pimping-ship?
(Might probably be too late to ask these preliminary questions considering you already swindled a good deal with COUPONS!)

There will be a porcelain Quixotic doll on your shelf with a laminated sign saying 'Previous Pimp Porcelain Taxidermy.' Creepy creepy!

Of course you'll be happy.
I'll pet you and love you and feed you because that's what ultimate pimpage is.
Pimps that care.

Pimp Taxidermist.
That's my side job, because Ultimate pimps can support themselves and their women too.
/cough
Eradicating all and any pimps who think they're pimps but don't know they're talking to the Ultimate Pimp.

You're in good hands Mail.
Good lady hands.
:'D
I'm so weird.

You don't get to keep her, Lait, just borrow for a while. She's mine!

I couldn't find a Porcelain PIMP doll, so this will have to do!

b4c7a939381c8fc7f549e2023c49976d.jpg

Malicious Lullaby said:
I'm so torn...Lait sounds so nice and sweet and I like lady hands. But Quix does bad things xP The really good bad things. Ruh roh!

You're not meant to like them, Mali!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy to have started a new story with my old partner-in-crime, Sumi. Again, playing a different type of character from the others I'm currently writing, which is what I strive for with each new scene I take on, it's the first time I've written in another time period. Whilst it can't exactly be called historical - so don't shoot me!! -, it's a caper story set in the 1950's, and will incorporate our shared affection for sarcasm, smart-ass remarks and banter. We'll also have some fun with, and possibly parody, a few deliberate clichรฉs along the way.

It's on thread, but as I enjoyed writing my opener so much, and finding out who my character was going to be - their personality/quirks/background/name, etc are never pre-determined, except as far as it's relevant to the plot itself, but only ever come to me as I introduce them - , I thought I'd place it here as well:

The Road To Fame - Quix and Sumi

The Middle Of Nowhere was Duane 'Duke' Reynolds ultimate destination and it had taken him two months cross-country to arrive. Wanted by Police on the East Coast for Bank Robbery, plus by two ex-girlfriends for misdemeanours best left unmentioned, the twenty-eight year thief and con-man had decided to escape, and lay low for a while.

Damn Elmer had fired a shot on the last job, and it had sent everything to hell. Duke had been the getaway driver, and as a man who'd prefer to charm people out of their money - or ladies out of their panties - rather than one who condoned the use of violence unless necessary, the moment he'd recognised the sound of gunfire, he'd stamped his foot on the gas, forgot about his chunk of the takings, and got the hell out of Dodge. He briefly called into the apartment he shared with his current flame, kissed her on the cheek, said he'd be back in a day or two, then collected every possession he owned, kissed her again, hopped into the battered Buick, and didn't stop driving until he'd crossed the State line.

Whether Elmer had talked, and Duke's name and face really did adorn the Post Office Wanted posters, and authorities were on his tail, he couldn't be certain, but in twenty years of thieving and scamming, it was the first occasion on which Duke had even come close to being apprehended, and it had put the frightener's through him. Why the fuck had he agreed to a bank-job? Better safe than sorry, he concluded; the bankroll he'd built up was large enough for him to maintain the good life for the foreseeable future, and it was time to go on the straight and narrow.

That vow to remain on the straight and narrow lasted less than an hour after crossing into Pennsylvania, where he pulled into the Roadside Diner driving the battered grey Buick, and exited behind the wheel of a late model, white 1955 Ford Thunderbird. One which was no longer white, but a dusty brown, covered in tumbleweeds, dirt and dust, with dead bugs smearing the windscreen when, seven weeks later, he entered the town of Reddell. A town that Duane found wasn't even on the map after he came to a stop between a sign advertising 'The Reddell Hotel' on one side of the road, and a second offering 'Board and Lodging' on the other. Perfect. If this wasn't the Middle of Nowhere, it was within spitting distance of it.

Duane stepped from the vehicle, and groaned and stretched his legs as he collected a suitcase from the trunk. With the sun having set, the day had cooled, but his throat was still parched and he licked his lips in anticipation of a cold beer. "Nightly performances by World famous stars." Duke chuckled at the sign placed outside the hotel; probably some failed Vegas performer playing the piano....badly; then turned his attention to the Boarding House.

Thirty minutes after being greeted by the geriatric, wheelchair bound and toothless hostess, and having paid for a week's lodging in advance after discovering that he was the only guest - not exactly a surprise - Duane had showered the dust of his six foot tall, slim and athletic frame, run a comb through short, curly brown hair, shaved the stubble off his face, and appraised the accommodations with bright green eyes. Better than it had appeared from the outside; the room was small, but nicely furnished, with a double-bed, oak dresser/mirror combination, a writing desk, and attached bathroom. According to the owner, there was also a telephone downstairs, he was free to make use of. Not that Duane planned talking to anyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's the matter, never seen a suit?" Duke raised a brow at the men who stared at him as he entered the Reddell Hotel, dressed in a charcoal and dark gray pinstripe number, accompanied with a black pork-pie hat, and polished wing-tips. He held one man's gaze until the stranger averted his eyes, followed by the others around him. Men, all attired in filthy jeans and checkered shirts, or grease-stained bibs and overalls, wearing dirty beards, bedraggled hair, and the look of farmers, truck-drivers, or those who worked with their hands for a living. No women in this Hotel.

Whatever the response, if any, went unheard, as Duane turned to the bar, threw a ten dollar bill on the counter, ordered a beer, and naturally assumed that the appearance of a stranger, especially a well-dressed stranger, was the reason behind the sudden air of increased excitement. Until:

"You've been a bad, bad boy
I'm gonna take my time, so enjoy"

"There's no need to feel no shame
Relax and sip upon my champagne

'Cause I wanna give you a little taste
Of the sugar below my waist, you nasty boy"

The amber fluid spilt over the edge of his glass, as Duane's head shot around and his eyes alighted on the stage. Duke almost fell over, and it wasn't from the risque lyrics, but from the woman whose lips they'd come from. She may not have been a world famous performer; at least not one that Duane Reynolds recognised; but she also definitely wasn't some ugly old woman. The man's gaze appraised the singer's attractive features, then ran down her body to take in the red dress, and what lay under it. His lips curled up into a smile at the realisation that this town was quickly turning out to be much more interesting than he'd imagined.

The thief ignored the catcalls and whistles emitted by the crowd of males, and screams for him to get out of the fucking way, as he stepped away from the bar, and approached a table closer to the stage. Duke lifted his beverage to his mouth, took a long gulp, then sat down to appreciate the singer's assets. Nice cleavage was the first thought that popped into his mind. That her necklace could be worth a pretty penny was his second. The man allowed his gaze to linger on her body for a few seconds before he shifted his focus to the performer's face, tipped his hat, and shot her his most charming smile. Duane Reynolds wouldn't knock back the opportunity for a little taste of sugar if it were on offer.

Mr Quixotic said:
Happy to have started a new story with my old partner-in-crime, Sumi. Again, playing a different type of character from the others I'm currently writing, which is what I strive for with each new scene I take on, it's the first time I've written in another time period. Whilst it can't exactly be called historical - so don't shoot me!! -, it's a caper story set in the 1950's, and will incorporate our shared affection for sarcasm, smart-ass remarks and banter. We'll also have some fun with, and possibly parody, a few deliberate clichรฉs along the way.

It's on thread, but as I enjoyed writing my opener so much, and finding out who my character was going to be - their personality/quirks/background/name, etc are never pre-determined, except as far as it's relevant to the plot itself, but only ever come to me as I introduce them - , I thought I'd place it here as well:

The Road To Fame - Quix and Sumi

The Middle Of Nowhere was Duane 'Duke' Reynolds ultimate destination and it had taken him two months cross-country to arrive. Wanted by Police on the East Coast for Bank Robbery, plus by two ex-girlfriends for misdemeanours best left unmentioned, the twenty-eight year thief and con-man had decided to escape, and lay low for a while.

Damn Elmer had fired a shot on the last job, and it had sent everything to hell. Duke had been the getaway driver, and as a man who'd prefer to charm people out of their money - or ladies out of their panties - rather than one who condoned the use of violence unless necessary, the moment he'd recognised the sound of gunfire, he'd stamped his foot on the gas, forgot about his chunk of the takings, and got the hell out of Dodge. He briefly called into the apartment he shared with his current flame, kissed her on the cheek, said he'd be back in a day or two, then collected every possession he owned, kissed her again, hopped into the battered Buick, and didn't stop driving until he'd crossed the State line.

Whether Elmer had talked, and Duke's name and face really did adorn the Post Office Wanted posters, and authorities were on his tail, he couldn't be certain, but in twenty years of thieving and scamming, it was the first occasion on which Duke had even come close to being apprehended, and it had put the frightener's through him. Why the fuck had he agreed to a bank-job? Better safe than sorry, he concluded; the bankroll he'd built up was large enough for him to maintain the good life for the foreseeable future, and it was time to go on the straight and narrow.

That vow to remain on the straight and narrow lasted less than an hour after crossing into Pennsylvania, where he pulled into the Roadside Diner driving the battered grey Buick, and exited behind the wheel of a late model, white 1955 Ford Thunderbird. One which was no longer white, but a dusty brown, covered in tumbleweeds, dirt and dust, with dead bugs smearing the windscreen when, seven weeks later, he entered the town of Reddell. A town that Duane found wasn't even on the map after he came to a stop between a sign advertising 'The Reddell Hotel' on one side of the road, and a second offering 'Board and Lodging' on the other. Perfect. If this wasn't the Middle of Nowhere, it was within spitting distance of it.

Duane stepped from the vehicle, and groaned and stretched his legs as he collected a suitcase from the trunk. With the sun having set, the day had cooled, but his throat was still parched and he licked his lips in anticipation of a cold beer. "Nightly performances by World famous stars." Duke chuckled at the sign placed outside the hotel; probably some failed Vegas performer playing the piano....badly; then turned his attention to the Boarding House.

Thirty minutes after being greeted by the geriatric, wheelchair bound and toothless hostess, and having paid for a week's lodging in advance after discovering that he was the only guest - not exactly a surprise - Duane had showered the dust of his six foot tall, slim and athletic frame, run a comb through short, curly brown hair, shaved the stubble off his face, and appraised the accommodations with bright green eyes. Better than it had appeared from the outside; the room was small, but nicely furnished, with a double-bed, oak dresser/mirror combination, a writing desk, and attached bathroom. According to the owner, there was also a telephone downstairs, he was free to make use of. Not that Duane planned talking to anyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's the matter, never seen a suit?" Duke raised a brow at the men who stared at him as he entered the Reddell Hotel, dressed in a charcoal and dark gray pinstripe number, accompanied with a black pork-pie hat, and polished wing-tips. He held one man's gaze until the stranger averted his eyes, followed by the others around him. Men, all attired in filthy jeans and checkered shirts, or grease-stained bibs and overalls, wearing dirty beards, bedraggled hair, and the look of farmers, truck-drivers, or those who worked with their hands for a living. No women in this Hotel.

Whatever the response, if any, went unheard, as Duane turned to the bar, threw a ten dollar bill on the counter, ordered a beer, and naturally assumed that the appearance of a stranger, especially a well-dressed stranger, was the reason behind the sudden air of increased excitement. Until:

"You've been a bad, bad boy
I'm gonna take my time, so enjoy"

"There's no need to feel no shame
Relax and sip upon my champagne

'Cause I wanna give you a little taste
Of the sugar below my waist, you nasty boy"

The amber fluid spilt over the edge of his glass, as Duane's head shot around and his eyes alighted on the stage. Duke almost fell over, and it wasn't from the risque lyrics, but from the woman whose lips they'd come from. She may not have been a world famous performer; at least not one that Duane Reynolds recognised; but she also definitely wasn't some ugly old woman. The man's gaze appraised the singer's attractive features, then ran down her body to take in the red dress, and what lay under it. His lips curled up into a smile at the realisation that this town was quickly turning out to be much more interesting than he'd imagined.

The thief ignored the catcalls and whistles emitted by the crowd of males, and screams for him to get out of the fucking way, as he stepped away from the bar, and approached a table closer to the stage. Duke lifted his beverage to his mouth, took a long gulp, then sat down to appreciate the singer's assets. Nice cleavage was the first thought that popped into his mind. That her necklace could be worth a pretty penny was his second. The man allowed his gaze to linger on her body for a few seconds before he shifted his focus to the performer's face, tipped his hat, and shot her his most charming smile. Duane Reynolds wouldn't knock back the opportunity for a little taste of sugar if it were on offer.

Your partner-in-crime will have a shiny new post today, admittedly only after I'm done with those freaking tests. Started writing it the other day, but I got sleepy again. XD Send me all the good vibes today! I'll need them!

Look how you're always making me stalk you.

Sumi said:
Your partner-in-crime will have a shiny new post today, admittedly only after I'm done with those freaking tests. Started writing it the other day, but I got sleepy again. XD Send me all the good vibes today! I'll need them!

Look how you're always making me stalk you.

And, I of course look forward to it. I'll start on my response tomorrow, and should have it to you in, hmm, a week or so?

Those good vibes are on their way as I type; I hope the tests go well.

Oh yes, that's right, I pay you to stalk me. I forgot! To express my appreciation for the excellent job you do, as well as for being the favourite (only!) stalker on my payroll, I hereby dedicate the following song to Sumi:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txr9D2PC0Hs[/video]

I was going to dedicate that other song we discussed, which goes something like:

(S)he sees you when you're sleeping
(S)he knows when you're awake
(S)he knows if you've been bad or good

But the lyrics are a little creepy; even for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, people would actually get to where they wanted to go faster if they realised that tailgating makes me slow down rather than speed up!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried doing some writing, but although I claimed my lack of motivation today was caused by a quiet and deserted office (I need ambient noise to be able to concentrate; strange but true!), it most likely had more to do with a late night and foggy brain. It was just one of those days where I know what I wanted to write, but the words wouldn't come together, and it took about three hours to squeeze out one crappy paragraph, which I'm still not sure makes sense! I'll try and get some posts done in the next couple of days; hopefully after some good sleep.

Mr Quixotic said:
And, I of course look forward to it. I'll start on my response tomorrow, and should have it to you in, hmm, a week or so?

Those good vibes are on their way as I type; I hope the tests go well.

Are you testing my patience now? XD Beware. This kind of game of waiting is only going to make me pester you constantly. And trust me, you don't want to experience that. In other words, this is meant to be a threat, but my general cuteness makes this seem harmless.

I think those good vibes got damaged on the way here, but I guess I'm thankful that at the very least I didn't turn in some empty papers.

Mr Quixotic said:
Oh yes, that's right, I pay you to stalk me. I forgot! To express my appreciation for the excellent job you do, as well as for being the favourite (only!) stalker on my payroll, I hereby dedicate the following song to Sumi:

[link]

I was going to dedicate that other song we discussed, which goes something like:

(S)he sees you when you're sleeping
(S)he knows when you're awake
(S)he knows if you've been bad or good

But the lyrics are a little creepy; even for me!

I almost forgot that you paid me for this, too! Wait, did you really? Either way, I'm very flattered that I've been given the title of 'your favorite stalker'. Makes me feel extra special. As for the song... Ah yes, you probably shouldn't have bothered with that. XD

I like the extra (s) you put, so I could relate to it better, haha! But yes, I guess that's a little creepy even for my standards.

Sumi said:
Are you testing my patience now? XD Beware. This kind of game of waiting is only going to make me pester you constantly. And trust me, you don't want to experience that. In other words, this is meant to be a threat, but my general cuteness makes this seem harmless.

I think those good vibes got damaged on the way here, but I guess I'm thankful that at the very least I didn't turn in some empty papers.

Would I ever do such a thing? Maybe I like being pestered, and your general cuteness only increases when you attempt to make threats.

Hopefully you did better than you think. No empty papers is a good start.

Sumi said:
I almost forgot that you paid me for this, too! Wait, did you really? Either way, I'm very flattered that I've been given the title of 'your favorite stalker'. Makes me feel extra special. As for the song... Ah yes, you probably shouldn't have bothered with that. XD

I like the extra (s) you put, so I could relate to it better, haha! But yes, I guess that's a little creepy even for my standards.

I pay you in pretend chocolate, wilted flowers, and good mental vibes!

I think you're right about that song; it seemed a good idea at the time.

You have standards? XD

I was hesitant to post this writing sample here, because of the dark content, as even though the story is written on threads, from the view counts I assume a lot more people browse this journal, and it could cause some possible negative reaction. Then, I thought 'who gives a shit'. If anyone has a problem with the post or theme, in my opinion they really need to learn to distinguish fiction from reality.

When I first started on here, I couldn't imagine myself writing five hundred words, let alone close to two thousand, and I'm damn proud of this post. Even more-so due to the reaction it engendered in my partner - the awesome Lait, better known as Her Royal Pimpess -, than for the writing itself, because in the end that's what matters. My partners are the reason I write.

Scaremonger: (Dark content) - Quix and Lait

Kyle had always had the ability to focus his concentration solely on that which needed to achieved at the time, and his Military service had only enhanced it. You couldn't afford to be thinking about your Sweetheart back home when you were embedded in a crumbling building, with other soldiers screaming, shooting and dying as mortar shells exploded all around you; otherwise the odds were you wouldn't survive to see her again. Although Zai had broken through his mental barriers, and remained constantly in his thoughts, as did the task ahead that evening, Kyle's inbuilt coping mechanisms remained strong enough for him to make it through the day at the station without arousing suspicion.

Whether the woman had responded to his email, he wasn't aware, and wasn't about to take the chance of accessing messages through the Police Department system. He'd provided enough information, for her, if she wished, or had second thoughts in regards to her role in Lisa Sharp's impending death, to contact him; although he realised that he hadn't mentioned his role in the Sheriff's Office. She probably assumed him a Deputy, which after her previous experience with Brock, Edwards and Noakes, had made Kyle even more surprised at her willingness to demonstrate trust, in her acceptance of his offer. That spoke to him of how deep her pain, and desperation to find someone with whom to share it, truly ran. As deep as his own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

His shift completed at 8pm, Evans experienced the familiar thrill that came with the knowledge of what he was about to do. There was no emotion as such, no regret, remorse, or hesitation; his mind switched immediately to the new task at hand, the moment he'd exited the station. Kyle checked his watch, and drove back to his cottage to park the vehicle out front, then removed his gloves and gym bag, and jogged to Lisa Sharp's student apartment to await her imminent return from Cheerleading practice. This was the most dangerous part of the game, but Kyle was a man practiced in remaining invisible, and had a contingency plan if the presence of potential witnesses caused his first to not be viable.

However, luck was on his side, and the streets were quiet when Lisa Sharp arrived, and parked in her allocated space. Seconds after she'd stepped from the vehicle, and with her back to him, Kyle had emerged from the shadows, and before she'd even had time to become aware of his presence, the twenty-year old woman had been chloroformed, arms wrenched behind her back, cuffs snapped to her wrists, and bundled into the back of her own car. Kyle grabbed the keys, and slipped into the driver's seat.

The journey to his cottage was only a short distance, and the girl didn't awake until he'd lifted the rug to reveal the trapdoor, dropped her down the hole and heard the thud of her body hitting the dirt floor, then climbed down after her, bound Lisa's legs, arms and feet with rope; trussed like a Christmas turkey, with the bitch on her knees; wrapped a chain around her neck, attached the end to a hook in the wall, and struck her across the face.

By the time her eyes fluttered open, they were already blackened and bruised, and her nose broken, and Kyle almost laughed at her expression. It was one of shock, pain, and incomprehension. Her pupils widened, and she stared straight at him, but apparently without seeing, and her mouth fell open. She maintained that pose for a moment or two; then she screamed. And Kyle did laugh.

The scream quickly turned into sobs and squeals, and the girl's body jerked back and forth against her bounds in an attempt to escape, until her energy dissipated, the chain around her neck drew blood from the soft flesh it dug into, and her body went limp in a gesture of defeat. "What do you want? Please. Don't rape me." Every woman's worst nightmare. Lisa Sharp's whispered words were barely audible through her swollen lips, the blood that dripped from her shattered nose into her mouth, and the pants of terror and pain with which they were accompanied.

"You're not here for me to rape, bitch. I wouldn't want to catch anything. We're here to talk about Cole Douglas and Aziarah D'Amici. You know who she is, don't you Lisa? The girl your boyfriend raped. The one you gave permission to rape. Why the fuck do you deserve mercy or compassion when you refused to offer any to her?"

The young woman's head shook in the harsh grip he'd taken of her hair, and her eyes widened in confusion. However, it didn't take long for her to begin to comprehend Kyle's meaning; the removal of fingernails with a pair of pliers was a great motivator; and soon enough Lisa Sharp was grovelling, pleading, begging, screaming, sobbing and apologising for everything she'd ever done to cause pain. As well as for that she hadn't.

Not once did Kyle himself demonstrate mercy, compassion or care; not even when the girl coughed up blood, then fainted from the agony of his steel-capped boot smashing into her already broken ribs. All he'd done was collect a glass of water from the bucket which sat in the corner, threw it in her face, and continued when she regained consciousness.

Eventually, it was over.

The woman had admitted to the immorality of her acts, and repented for each and every one; she'd dump Cole, and if Kyle wished, even agree to wear a wire, and have him admit to his crime. To help put him away, and assist Azairah D'Amici; to atone, and make things right. Just, please, please, don't hurt her any more. Let her live, let her go free. Allow her the opportunity to make amends.

"Justice, without mercy."

Kyle had whispered as he'd shaken his head, then shoved the point of the hunting knife he'd held to her throat all the way through, with enough force to sever vertebrae and for the point to bed itself an inch into the mortar of the wall behind her. The serrated edge of the blade opened up a jagged hole, through which bright red arterial blood sprayed, and coated the cheap vinyl raincoat Kyle had attired himself in, and soaked into the dirt floor. The girl's dying scream whistled and gargled and gurgled through the newly formed orifice, without reaching her lips, and didn't cease until the light faded completely from her eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, the once beautiful and vivacious, twenty year-old cheerleader, with the long-blonde hair, bright blue eyes, perfect white teeth, and a body the subject of many adolescent fantasies, appeared more like a caricature of a Jackson Pollock painting; naked and beaten with legs spread and the word 'SLUT' carved deeply into her abdomen, fingernails ripped out, face bruised and smashed, ribs broken, knife wounds and rope burns on her skin, and head barely still attached to her shoulders by a few strands of raw, red flesh; splayed out on the grass of a small park, two blocks from Brock and Cole Douglas' residence.

Kyle had removed his blood-soaked raincoat at the Cottage, stripped off Lisa Sharp's clothing, then wrapped her lifeless body in cheap black garden plastic, and placed her in the trunk of her car. He was taking another chance, he knew, driving into the centre of Eden, and not dumping her corpse in a storm drain, or a shallow grave in the forest, where time and the elements would assist in washing away evidence, but Lisa Sharp was different from the others. Lisa Sharp was a message.

There were no regrets for the acts he'd perpetrated on the young woman, or the agony he'd forced her to endure; she'd deserved it. Just a sense of satisfaction and an easing of his internal anguish.

It was only when he'd jogged the five miles home, washed the remnants of the blood in the basement away with buckets of water, threw the clothing, both his and Lisa's, in the lit fire pit outside, and checked his email that Kyle felt anything but calm and in total control of his emotions. His fingers trembled when he saw the message from Zai, and he took a deep breath as he read it.

She understood.

He released the breath he'd been holding, and closed his eyes. She understood, but did she?

He wanted to reply to her, to answer everything that had been said, that she was right, and to let her know that Lisa Sharp was now dead; that he'd done it for her; but he couldn't. Kyle Evan's was scared. Now that he'd carried through with his promise, how would Zai react to the reality of it?

Her own murder had been one of opportunity, and happenstance, but his had been premeditated and violent. Once she woke up to the morning news; where it'd surely be the lead item; what would she think? Would she run, would she think that she'd gotten in too deep? Would she consider him crazy, and the violence scare her away? Evans wasn't concerned about her contacting the police, but that the depravity of his acts may have lost her. Was his concept of Justice without Mercy the same as hers.

The best way not to receive an answer you don't wish to hear, is to not ask the question, so instead of responding in full to the email, Kyle Evan's replied with only four lines:

TO: a.damici@xxxxxx.com
Subject: RE: Don't be afraid.

It's done, Zai.

For you. For both of us. For Justice

The cafรฉ on Emery St, Friday. I'll be there. I hope tonight's events did not turn you away.

If so, please forgive me.

Kyle
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days passed in a blur. The town of Eden had never seen a crime like it. Ironically, on discovery of the murder of Lisa Sharp, and its brutality, Sheriff Brock Douglas immediately called upon the services of Forensic Investigators from the metropolis of Rome; something which he'd refused to do in the case of Azairah D'Amici.

There was barely time to breathe or think in those following days. The station was a madhouse, and along with his concerns that despite all the care he'd taken, and his own knowledge of forensics, he may have left evidence which would lead directly to him, he had to deal with a media circus, and assist in the logistics of the investigation. His own shock and disbelief that such an atrocity could occur in Eden was on par with that of the entire community, and he'd offered to do anything that he could to assist.

The high-point of that period, and something which caused him to struggle to keep a grin breaking out on his face, was the expression and demeanour of Cole Douglas, when he'd been called into the station. His eyes were reddened from tears, and his face the same colour from anger, and he'd screamed, and ranted, and threatened violence as he'd demanded his Father discover who was responsible. Cole Douglas would rip the animal apart with his own bare hands. Kyle only wished that he'd had the opportunity to film the performance, and send it to Zai.

Zai.

Kyle hadn't contacted her since that night of the murder. On the Friday, he dressed in a pair of jeans and a blue and white open necked shirt, and entered the Emery Cafรฉ fifteen minutes before the appointed time. A quick scan of the room had revealed Zai had not made it before him, and Kyle wasn't certain if she come at all. Underneath the casual exterior, as he selected a table in one corner and ordered a coffee from the waitress, the man experienced a combination of nervousness, fear, excitement and adrenaline that he hadn't felt since he'd come under Sniper fire in Kabul, and watched his buddy's head explode like a ripe water-melon as Kyle dived for cover. The next shot had missed him by an inch.

Would she come?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side-note to this, I've noticed a recent trend towards more and more serial-killer stories, and have received a few offers to play them. A couple were the standard 'female as nothing more than helpless victim' trope, but there were also a couple which intrigued me, that I unfortunately had to pass up.

Writing something so dark/intense does drain my muse some, and I also think that writing two such similarly themed stories simultaneously; even if the plots were substantially different; would cause them to in some ways blend together, and for each to lose its unique impact.

Mr Quixotic said:
Would I ever do such a thing? Maybe I like being pestered, and your general cuteness only increases when you attempt to make threats.

Hopefully you did better than you think. No empty papers is a good start.

Or maybe you're just being mean and covering for it by saying my threats are cute. At this point I'm pretty sure you've even forgotten what this started from.
XD

If it's a passing grade, I don't even care what it is anymore. It's not like I ever was good at Physics, so I'm not aiming too high for that.

Mr Quixotic said:
I pay you in pretend chocolate, wilted flowers, and good mental vibes!

I think you're right about that song; it seemed a good idea at the time.

You have standards? XD

Oh. I thought those were just my rewards for being cute! I mean, I do deserve to be pampered, right?

What do you mean "You have standards?"! Of course I have standards! I'm not the average stalker, dammit! Who do you think I am? D8

Sumi said:
Or maybe you're just being mean and covering for it by saying my threats are cute. At this point I'm pretty sure you've even forgotten what this started from.
XD

If it's a passing grade, I don't even care what it is anymore. It's not like I ever was good at Physics, so I'm not aiming too high for that.

Or maybe I'm just too scared to say anything mean! And, actually, you're right, I have forgotten how this whole thing started, XD

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed it's at least a passing grade then. Physics wasn't my strong point, either.

Sumi said:
Oh. I thought those were just my rewards for being cute! I mean, I do deserve to be pampered, right?

What do you mean "You have standards?"! Of course I have standards! I'm not the average stalker, dammit! Who do you think I am? D8

Hey, you're good, you almost had me tricked there for a moment! I mean, as the stalkee, shouldn't I be the one receiving poisoned chocolates, dead flowers, and song dedications?

I think that you're anything but average, and that your standards are exemplary, (note to self: be nice to Sumi; it's safer!), XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe it's June already; the official start of Winter here! As always the beginning of a new month is my busy time at work, so expect posts/OoC to be slightly delayed for most of this week.

Good news is that I just realised that I've got a holiday Monday coming up next week. About the only positive to be said in regards to Australia remaining a Constitutional Monarchy, with the Queen of England as our Head of State, is that we receive a day off for her birthday!

quote-man-will-never-be-free-until-the-last-king-is-strangled-with-the-entrails-of-the-last-priest-denis-diderot-50742.jpg

The fact that June is winter and Christmas is in summer in the southern hemisphere still fucks with my mind.

Back
Top Bottom