Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Ariamella said:
The fact that June is winter and Christmas is in summer in the southern hemisphere still fucks with my mind.

What, you mean you don't have seafood, and an outside barbeque for Christmas over there, then go for an ocean swim in the afternoon? How strange, XD

And on the first day of Winter, it was -6º overnight; that's damn cold! Well, for us, anyway. That's -6ºC, which is about 21ºF.

Malicious Lullaby said:
Omg what I'd do for 21 degrees right now >.< It's gonna be a long summer. You enjoy your winter. Thoroughly and completely jealous!

I do actually enjoy Winter, most days where I am are blue skies and no wind, and I'm surrounded by mountains (or what we call mountains here, they don't exactly compare to the Himalaya's) which usually have a bit of snow, so it's gorgeous. When the wind does come off the mountains, it's a good excuse to say snuggled up inside, and read! I sympathise with you and the sweltering heat, we do get that as well in Summer!

Mr Quixotic said:
Ariamella said:
The fact that June is winter and Christmas is in summer in the southern hemisphere still fucks with my mind.

What, you mean you don't have seafood, and an outside barbeque for Christmas over there, then go for an ocean swim in the afternoon? How strange, XD

And on the first day of Winter, it was -6º overnight; that's damn cold! Well, for us, anyway. That's -6ºC, which is about 21ºF.

I have seafood and an outside barbeque on my birthday, which is in August. Does that count???

I would rather have 21ºF than it constantly going from hot-as-fuck to flooding, which is going on in Texas right now. So much water. Too much water. We were actually going through a drought for a couple years now, and then mother nature was like, "OKAY HERE HAVE ALL THE WATER. What was that? You want it to stop? No, I think you need MORE WATER."

Uggghh.

I'm shivering...
/cries
I would love some warmer weather about nowwwww.

Whole fuck Ari, please stay safe ;______; <333333
Is it intense where you are?

Malicious Lullaby said:
So. Jealous. -whines-
Yes, and how you're able to live with that basically like nine months out of the year, I will never know!

It's a struggle, Mail. It's a struggle. Actually, it's not quite perfect, the heat lasts about six months of the year.

Ariamella said:
I have seafood and an outside barbeque on my birthday, which is in August. Does that count???

We occasionally have 'Christmas in July' themed nights. Does that count as a Winter Christmas?

Ariamella said:
I would rather have 21ºF than it constantly going from hot-as-fuck to flooding, which is going on in Texas right now. So much water. Too much water. We were actually going through a drought for a couple years now, and then mother nature was like, "OKAY HERE HAVE ALL THE WATER. What was that? You want it to stop? No, I think you need MORE WATER."

Uggghh.

I'm pretty lucky where I am, the major worry is bushfires, and we're pretty much always in drought; it's really just the severity of it that changes.

lait said:
I'm shivering...
/cries

Damn, it seems like you just can't win, Lait! It was sweltering the other day, now you're cold. Why can't it just be somewhere in the damn middle!

And I agree, stay safe Ari!

lait said:
I'm shivering...
/cries

Where I live (one of the suburbs) wasn't as bad, but there were trash bins floating down streets (LOL, that was funny) and cars stalling in major streets where they had tried to drive through the water. It was some crazy shit, and a lot of homes were flooded!

Oh goodness Aria! That's horrible!
Although if it adds to any modicum of consolation, that kind of flooding isn't nearly as bad as flash-flooding believe it or not. Unless it's both, if that's even possible, in which case I dearly wish you and your family and all of Texas safety! Floods suck so bad. My grandparents got stuck in one (hence the basis for their uproot to where they are now xP) and it was really terrifying; mostly since we weren't there, terrifying that we couldn't contact them.

I do not suggest swimming in the flood.

Malicious Lullaby said:
Although if it adds to any modicum of consolation, that kind of flooding isn't nearly as bad as flash-flooding believe it or not. Unless it's both, if that's even possible, in which case I dearly wish you and your family and all of Texas safety! Floods suck so bad. My grandparents got stuck in one (hence the basis for their uproot to where they are now xP) and it was really terrifying; mostly since we weren't there, terrifying that we couldn't contact them.

It was all flash flooding, like magical water out of nowhere. The reason why downtown was so bad was because the river by there was so full from all the storms that had been going on night after night, and it just ate up the land.

Oh goodness that’s no good! Well stay safe, stay away from it and don’t do anything I would do. No, scratch that, don’t do what that guy did!

Unless you want to spend some time in the hospital fighting and combating all sorts of diseases and such which I am sure he will be doing because flooded water is so full of bacteria, germs and a plethora of diseases all mixed in one lethal cocktail!

Just saying xP

Ariamella said:
Malicious Lullaby said:

It was all flash flooding, like magical water out of nowhere. The reason why downtown was so bad was because the river by there was so full from all the storms that had been going on night after night, and it just ate up the land.

And funny how you mention that -- there's a picture going around Texans of this guy in... San Antonio I think? Anyway, after the storm he had taken one of the river tubes and drifted down the flooded streets while drinking a beer. LOL.

Damn, that doesn't look good at all. Mali's right about the flash flooding, I think it's because you don't really have time to prepare for them. We get a lot up in the tropics here, and it does incredible damage. Hope you're all safe, Ari. (And there'll always be people who make the most of it, and have some fun, XD)

Mr Quixotic said:
Ariamella said:
Malicious Lullaby said:

And funny how you mention that -- there's a picture going around Texans of this guy in... San Antonio I think? Anyway, after the storm he had taken one of the river tubes and drifted down the flooded streets while drinking a beer. LOL.

Damn, that doesn't look good at all. Mali's right about the flash flooding, I think it's because you don't really have time to prepare for them. We get a lot up in the tropics here, and it does incredible damager. Hope you're all safe, Ari. (And there'll always be people who make the most of it, and have some fun, XD)
Oh yes yes it's always fun going tubing in dirty, murky water >.<
Sorry, I don't like yucky >.< Have fun with the flash floods? xP

Malicious Lullaby said:
Oh yes yes it's always fun going tubing in dirty, murky water >.<
Sorry, I don't like yucky >.< Have fun with the flash floods? xP

omg I'm crying for all the people who accidentally swallow that stuff when they get stuck in the floods. ;____;
/shudders

Mr Quixotic said:

Well I mean we do that for Christmas too...because I live in Florida and it's more often than not in the 70's/80's even in December. xD

Also on another topic....

soc_1411305-wnt-draw-week-group-matchesfb.png

I'm not saying that the US is gonna win our first match...but we're gonna win. ;]

Silvamoon said:
Mr Quixotic said:

Well I mean we do that for Christmas too...because I live in Florida and it's more often than not in the 70's/80's even in December. xD

Also on another topic....

I'm not saying that the US is gonna win our first match...but we're gonna win. ;]

It's the way Christmas should be, I think! Then maybe I'm just biased.

Talking about biased, we'll see if you're still smiling on the 9th June; the Matilda's are going to kick butt, XD

Oh no you didn't Quix!

Re: Requests and "football"

about-to-go-down.gif

Silvamoon said:
Oh no you didn't Quix!

Re: Requests and "football"

about-to-go-down.gif

Keep talking it up, Silv, it's just going to make it more fun when we win! (And if the Matilda's lose, and you don't see me online for a week or two after, it's a coincidence, not a deliberate attempt at avoidance. I've just decided to take a sudden vacation).

I'm usually pretty good at timing my replies, based on my partners response rate/timing, so that I don't become overwhelmed, but it appears yesterday my wonderful co-writers inspirational muses all kicked in at the same time, which means I now have a bit to respond to, that I need to get my disorganised mind around. Work's been crazy this week as well, and need a break, so have decided I'm most likely going to head down the coast to visit a friend for the long weekend.

All of that's just really meant to let my partners know that responses could be a few days away, XD

Also, happy that the story I have on hiatus could soon be - fingers crossed - starting up again. That's if my collaborator decides to talk to me, rather than just stalk me in silence! No names; but come on, what's the point of doing that if I don't know you're doing it? :)

Malicious Lullaby said:
Does this mean that everyone I stalk knows that I am stalking them? O.O That's not embarrassing at all xP

Oh no, Mali, as long as you don't tell them you're doing it, it's all good. They'll never know!

Malicious Lullaby said:
Oh okay. -thinks about it for a good millisecond-
Yeah...they all know. xP

Well, see, that's what I mean. In my opinion, if they know, then you should go right ahead and do really, seriously stalker-ish things, just so they're aware you're telling the truth. If you're going to do something, do it properly, is what I say :)

I think I do! Sometimes. I don't know. I do mention that I know when any of them(this includes you too!) haven't opened or have opened a private message. I mean...tracking is there for a reason xP I know if they're online and actually online or if they're online and away from the keyboard. I mean they know this stuff.

...and I am publicly announcing it ><
BMR needs a strike feature ><

Back
Top Bottom