Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Malicious Lullaby said:
The buffalo or the crocodile?

Both, I think, Mali

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And look at this, I've just discovered there's a new snack food coming out, which I'm sure won't take long to make an appearance in one of those videos, Vegemite flavoured chocolate.

chocolate_1aklvdb-1aklvfe.jpg

The taste is an acquired one, Mali, and indescribable, XD Let's just say, it's a dark brown colour, made from Brewer's yeast, and very salty. Not so much a delicacy, it's everywhere; Vegemite toast in the morning, and Cheese and Vegemite sandwiches for Lunch. Now I'll even be able to finish off my dinner with a Vegemite desert!

Aw hellllll no to the vegemite chocolate.

DGiZfWmc0HWms.gif

Although that video would be hilarious!

Malicious Lullaby said:
Hmm. So by having the Vegemite in the cadburry then it gives it a saltier edge so it's sweet and salty and not just sweet, sweet, sweet?

Yep, and it's bitter as well, so it might be a good match with chocolate, but it still doesn't sound that appetising, even to me! I'll try it though, XD

Silvamoon said:
Aw hellllll no to the vegemite chocolate.

Damn Silv, and I was going to offer some in exchange for a ticket to Disneyland!

Talking about videos, I read your comment before coffee, whilst my mind was still fogged, and the GIF had me kind of hynotised for about five minutes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a farewell tonight for one of my favourite work colleagues. A little sad, as I'll miss her around, but dinner and drinks should be fun.

May be heading down the coast tomorrow afternoon to surprise my parents (a good or bad surprise, you'd need to ask them, XD) for Mother's Day. Haven't decided yet.

Will try and get some replies out today, and tomorrow before I leave, if I do.

Go see your mom. That will be a very good surprise for her. Have a good trip Andy. I’d like to hear how it goes too.

AndNich123 said:
Go see your mom. That will be a very good surprise for her. Have a good trip Andy. I’d like to hear how it goes too.

I think that will depend on how I feel tomorrow, Andy. Not planning on a big night tonight, but there'll be a couple of bad influences at dinner, and you know I'm the type to be easily influenced by others!

I did pop a card in the mail yesterday, just in case.

You? Easily influenced by others? When did this happen, and why did I not get the memo? Who was in charge of sending it out? I want their name. lol. You’re a good son. I might take my mom out to lunch, but the following Saturday my brothers and I will actually celebrate Mother’s Day with mom then.

I actually chose that GIF because it is pretty amazing, and also that is how I picture you in my head whenever you get PM's regarding your very vague request threads. Hehehe

Also I'm sure your parents would love to see you this weekend, and I wish you a safe trip (if tonight isn't too crazy!).

Speaking of Disneyworld, I'm sure you can imagine where I will be taking my mother this weekend! *innocent face*

x7e3eMt5XHQly.gif

Mr Quixotic said:
Yep, and it's bitter as well, so it might be a good match with chocolate, but it still doesn't sound that appetising, even to me! I'll try it though, XD

Oh you try it and you tell me how it is. Although I think I'd like just a regular Cadbury without the vegemite. -shudders- Our Lips Are Sealed showed one of the girls eating vegemite and saying it was good. It looks like chocolate!

As anyone who knows me, or has chatted OoC, has probably realised by now, I find it very difficult when there's a question, either asked or implied, to not respond with an answer, or to not acknowledge that I've read/understood something which has been said to me, especially if it sparks new thoughts of my own. It's nothing to do with me needing the last word, I promise!

AndNich123 said:
You? Easily influenced by others? When did this happen, and why did I not get the memo? Who was in charge of sending it out? I want their name. lol. You’re a good son. I might take my mom out to lunch, but the following Saturday my brothers and I will actually celebrate Mother’s Day with mom then.

Do you mean that memo never got out, and I can remain a stubborn bastard? Cool :)

Mother's Day with your whole family sounds good, but I'm sure she'll also enjoy just girl time with you this Sunday as well.

Silvamoon said:
I actually chose that GIF because it is pretty amazing, and also that is how I picture you in my head whenever you get PM's regarding your very vague request threads. Hehehe

Also I'm sure your parents would love to see you this weekend, and I wish you a safe trip (if tonight isn't too crazy!).

Speaking of Disneyworld, I'm sure you can imagine where I will be taking my mother this weekend! *innocent face*

It was; I was still half asleep and looking at it made me a little dizzy; in a good way. I'm pretty sure my expression is similar when I receive some of those PM's!

Thanks, I don't want to head down if I'm tired and cranky, as one of my brother's is also visiting, and that won't bode well.

I'm sure your Mother will love Disneyland. I won't ask who suggested it as a location, XD. Have fun!

Malicious Lullaby said:
Oh you try it and you tell me how it is. Although I think I'd like just a regular Cadbury without the vegemite. -shudders- Our Lips Are Sealed showed one of the girls eating vegemite and saying it was good. It looks like chocolate!

I certainly will. I do like the taste, but I it takes some getting used to. What makes me smile is every-time I hear about 'Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches'. Our Jelly is what you call Jell-O, and I'm not sure how that would go in a sandwich!

cadbury-glass-and-a-half-drinks-mat-coaster-hb--4574-p.jpg

Malicious Lullaby said:
Lol so then what do you call Jelly in Australia? Preserves, marmalade, jam? The sticky, fruity sweetness? xP

We just call it Jam or Marmalade, XD.

Friday night was fun, but not too crazy. For me, anyway. I'm looking forward to work tomorrow to hear about the rest, as my boss, and a couple of others who had a ten hour work day to face up to Saturday morning were already smashed by the time I snuck out about 10pm.

Ended up driving down the coast Saturday morning to see my parents for an early Mother's day, which was good. They were pleasantly surprised that I made it.

Unfortunately, one of my planned stories has been put on hold due to my collaborators real-life commitments. There goes my harem! For the moment anyway, we're hoping to still to write together at some stage.

On the flip-side, I'm happy that I'm finally getting to write with Jolie, which is something I've wanted to do for some time. I think it's over six months ago, maybe closer to nine, that the possibility of us collaborating was first raised, but we needed to find a story/plot/concept that suited both our preferences, which we now have, and it's almost ready to go. When I say 'almost ready to go', that's relative, as I offered to write the starter which generally takes me a while to do.

I always struggle when working from a blank slate, which is a major reason behind my never having attempted to write solo, and also why I'm not good with creating fully fleshed-out plots, and throwing them on my threads. There's so many possibilities that to narrow it down to just a few is impossible, as every time I come up with an idea, it sparks another, and all of a sudden my head is full of a million barely-formed concepts, none of which are able to be crystalised, because, well, when I think about them, my mind will be sent off on yet another tangent. However, when I have someone or something to bounce off and my focus is narrowed, those 'possibilities' I speak of become a help rather than a hindrance, as it then allows them to be contained to one particular story/concept/scene.

It's why I much prefer developing plots from scratch with a potential partner, rather than trying to give them something ready-made, however it can cause issues when I run into someone who's similar to me, or those who start by asking, 'What do you want to write?', and assume that my having nothing set in my mind means either a lack of creativity or no preferences. It's not that, it's just that the majority of the time what I want to write, is what we want to write.

Apart from that one starter, I'm up to date with all responses, which is a good place to be.

Starter post for my new story done, it didn't take quite as long as I thought. I think I'm actually getting much better at being able to write somewhat faster responses. I've changed the title about five times, and that could well change again, depending on what my partner thinks about the one I've ended up with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Silv has thrown me out a challenge for a fast reply! (Well, not quite true; I took it as a challenge to myself!) No promises Silv, but I'll see what I can do, XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The potential partner I was in discussions with for a story which subsequently had to be put on hold because of time constraints, mentioned that I may also want to become a member of Elliquiy, which is where she mostly writes, as there might be more chance of finding the types of female characters I prefer to write against on there.

I had a look today, and the approval process seems unwieldy and overly time-consuming. Possibly I'll go through with it when I have more time; it could be just me; and whilst I sometimes bitch and whine in good humour, and struggle to find partners who match my preferences, it only makes me appreciate more those amazing and compatible BMR writing partners I have found!

Received another request the other day; from someone who said they'd read my threads, and referred to my comment on enjoying character-based stories, then offered up a suggestion in which she'd play a heroine placed in various sexual situations - the events of, and occurrences, in each, to incorporate a variety of different males, and to be dictated by me - whilst I'd have no ongoing character of my own.

I could really do nothing but roll my eyes, and ask if she was willing to write anything but a fully 'her-character-centric' based story, or if there was any chance of including a character for me that I'd actually have an opportunity to develop (or at least get to know), but never received a reply. Did someone say self-centred?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elliquiy, by the many looks I've given it, has potential.

I've also thought about joining there (again) for many months now. (Because I'm a picky loser who can't find anyone else to RP with because you totally spoiled me. /still blame you, Quix )

But it's just that approval thing that's so time consuming and at the same time I can see why? Y'know you're more likely to find really awesome partners and all
But hot damn, they require a lot. /LAZY
I joined once a long ass time ago, but I can't remember the login information for the life of me.
Way too long of a process.
I gave up so hard.

All the docile bunnies love you mannn.

lait said:
Elliquiy, by the many looks I've given it, has potential.

I've also thought about joining there (again) for many months now. (Because I'm a picky loser who can't find anyone else to RP with because you totally spoiled me. /still blame you, Quix )

But it's just that approval thing that's so time consuming and at the same time I can see why? Y'know you're more likely to find really awesome partners and all
But hot damn, they require a lot. /LAZY
I joined once a long ass time ago, but I can't remember the login information for the life of me.
Way too long of a process.
I gave up so hard.

All the docile bunnies love you mannn.

It does, from the few quick looks I've had it as well, and I agree, I can see why they ask for what they do. I'd just need to be in the right headspace to go to the effort.

You may be picky, but, to me, that makes you a winner, not a loser, so don't use that word!!! You know what you want, which is a good thing, and why should you accept anything less than what you're looking for, or that doesn't grab your attention?

I'd rather not write at all than force myself to pretend interest in something just for the sake of having a story to respond to. The struggle, when you do eventually find good, compatible partners, is worth it.

I'm just glad I didn't scare you away with my apparently 'intimidating internet presence' :) I think you've learnt that my bark is much worse than my bite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone's been reading my thread titles! XD

It's the self-entitlement and inherent egocentricity which makes me shake my head; particularly in cases like this where my thread clearly states, "I constantly receive approaches from people who ..................... do nothing but tell me what they want", and she then includes in her message, "And yes, I know, it sounds a lot like me just telling you what I want." As if simply acknowledging that fact provides permission to ignore what I've said.

The first thing I do, after saying a friendly hello, when responding to someone else's thread is to express my understanding of what I think they're requesting of me/my character, then how I believe what I have in mind is compatible with their stated preferences and kinks, but it's rare I receive the same in return.

Your thread is where you ask for what you want, mine is where I ask for what I want. If you don't like what I want, or aren't willing to write it, feel free to not message me. Why do so many people appear to find that, to me, seemingly simple logic/concept/courtesy/respect so difficult to comprehend and exhibit?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those souls who don't realise that 99.99% of what I write and rant about, which whilst I believe contains an element of truth, often more than an element, is written in good humour with a smile on my face, and at times is intentionally sarcastic and hyperbolic due to my appreciation for both those devices:

a4fb8a8b00265f0c8992ba67585f2cd0.jpg

46d73a4695ecae7ed24410d732cce046.jpg

Oh, was that a challenge I gave you? ;] Although I didn't intend it to be such, I won't complain if you do find some time to write before I leave!

Also, I discovered this interesting tidbit on the interwebz that I thought you may enjoy, since it contains (one of) your leading man, and also a topic we have touched on before.

11vS0hzc62BQLm.gif

Silvamoon said:
Oh, was that a challenge I gave you? ;] Although I didn't intend it to be such, I won't complain if you do find some time to write before I leave!

Also, I discovered this interesting tidbit on the interwebz that I thought you may enjoy, since it contains (one of) your leading man, and also a topic we have touched on before.

Not a challenge as such, I just turned it into a fun one for myself, and guess what? I succeeded! Now I know my next reply isn't due for at least a week, whilst you're off sunning in the Carribean! I'm not jealous or anything, XD.

It's beyond me how and where you always find these appropriate GIF's. It'd take me a full day of frustrated google-ing and I'd likely still have no success, which makes me appreciate them even more.

I'm curious to see where our story will stop, although I think I know towards which way it's leaning.

Have almost run out of reading material -am on the last of the dregs of what's been sitting in bookshelves unread -, so looks like a trip to the bookstore is in order this morning. It's one thing I miss about my previous job; I worked for a Charity where their major Fundraisers were bi-annual Bookfairs, and consequently they had a warehouse stocked with approximately half-a-million donated books, which staff could buy at any time. My tastes are rather eclectic, depending on mood, and walking around that warehouse selecting reading material used to be a treat. It had pretty much everything under the Sun.

I've considered purchasing a Kindle, and probably will at some stage, but at the moment am still tied to 'real' books. I can't express why exactly, it's to do with their tangibility, I think, and childhood memories. They were an important part of my upbringing - we were never without them, and my Dad, being a Print Journalist, used to bring home every newspaper known to man as well, which us kids would also read front to back.

I still prefer to sit with a cup of coffee, reading a 'proper' newspaper, than browsing the Internet news sites. With books, I order from Amazon at times, (ordering online, and paying for freight from the USA actually works out to be about half the cost, or less, than that of purchasing a new book from a store here), and I anticipate the delivery, and being able to remove the books from the package to read the covers and flick through the pages, almost as much as I do reading the book itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning got off to a good start. Woke up to a PM from an old partner who previously had to disappear due to real-life commitments, asking if I was interested in writing together again. Our original story was filled with competition, banter, sarcasm and witty comebacks, which is something I enjoy, and when the (re)approach came written in the vein such as below, how could I refuse?:

"Thus, here I am. I offer myself as a tribute! Am ready to revive our previous story, or perhaps start something brand new and innovative! (That just sounded like an advert, didn't it?) Obviously, I'm not going to start bawling if you'd rather have someone else over me, but let's be serious now, it's not like you have much luck with finding the right ladies so often on BMR, at least from what I remember."

Now, just to think of an appropriate reply! Will most likely try to work up a new scene, and write it on threads, rather than PM's.

Writing has slowed down a little at the moment, with a few of my partners being hit with real-life commitments at the same time. Only one response to work on, but as my collaborator is away, that'll probably be left for a couple of days. So, being rather quiet, my mind tends to wander and make random connections.

The mention of a particular location by a partner; somewhat used as a plot device; in one my stories, led my mind to stereotypes, then to one of my favourite movies, and scenes.

As mentioned previously, I have a preference for character-driven fiction, and older movies, particularly psychologically suspense, or those with emotionally dark themes. A lot of CGI or films where the action over-rides the dialogue and interaction, or where there's too much focus on the setting rather than the people, tends to quickly lose my attention.

I've posted this before on another thread but no harm in posting it again. From 'Deliverance' - Duelling Banjo's. (Apparently, residents of the US State of Georgia are still not happy about how they were portrayed in this film):

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFutge4xn3w[/video]

This film also contains the infamous 'Squeal Like A Pig' scene, which has gone down as one of the 'Fifty Most Difficult To Watch' in movie history:

Hi

(Tbh you should be able to feel how much emotion I've put in that one word, also I need to reply to your PM but I'm really tired so hopefully if I tell you I love you then maybe you'll forgive me, and also I hope you like god-awful run-on sentences just like this one, maybe I'll even misspell some words next time to REALLY get you going.)

Ariamella said:
Hi

(Tbh you should be able to feel how much emotion I've put in that one word, also I need to reply to your PM but I'm really tired so hopefully if I tell you I love you then maybe you'll forgive me, and also I hope you like god-awful run-on sentences just like this one, maybe I'll even misspell some words next time to REALLY get you going.)

No, you need to tell me twice that you love me before there's forgiveness!

I like the run-on sentences, and mis-spellings are great. Maybe add a little slang as the cherry on top? If you don't know any, I'm sure I have some.

Don't worry about the PM, I know you'll get back to me when you get back to me, XD

Congratulations on the end of Semester. Hope it went well, and you got to pop that bottle.

Back
Top Bottom