Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden Desires ( loneiysong & CrimsonMaster )

Spring rain stayed outside while Jamie and Maria went back inside. She watched where J.P. Had gone. She was not waiting long when they walked to the guard tower. Her face was severe. Her hand never left her dagger. When she saw the visitor and Thomas leaving the guard tower, she walked to Thomas. She asked if she could speak with him in private for a moment. Dragging him out of earshot of J.P she began to whisper.

"Thomas, this is not wise for this man to take the body. A darkness fills the body of that corpse. We need to treat the body so that the darkness doesn't wake him." She spoke seriously with a scowl on her face as her hand still gripped the bone handled dagger. "If we let the body go without it being treated we run the risk of something being out of control." Rain didn't realize how crazy all this must have sounded.

Thomas asked J.P. to wait over by the office. He then went with Rain so they could speak. Rain told Thomas of her concerns and his understood her reasons why she felt this way. She however needed to learn that in the white man's world things were done differently. " Rain.....You need to calm yourself. " Thomas said while removing her hand from the knife. " That body is dead......I've seen it for myself. " Thomas continued to speak while holding Rain's hand in his. He then asked Rain what type of treatment she wanted to do with the body. Thomas understood Indian ways, but he also had to follow the law. He had no grounds not to release the body to J.P. After all, J.P. was a lawman and Juan Lopez a wanted outlaw.

Rain frowned as she listened to Thomas. She became angry at the ways of the white man. Angry at Thomas for shutting his eyes to the fears that he felt so keenly. Fear that made her commune openly with the great spirits. All of this forgotten in the light of day. Rain watched Thomas with a frown. His hand did little to comfort her. "Great good or evil can easily bypass the laws of nature Thomas. You have seen me do it with Jamie. Yet you doubt earth magic at the danger of those you love." Her heavy Navajo accent was back. When Thomas asked what was to be done with the body she knew he wouldn't go for it but had to try anyway.

"His head must be removed and a piece of wood driven into its heart." She said looking into his eyes.

Thomas pulled Rain a side. He was now angry with the tone of her voice and the things she said. Thomas moved her to a place where no one else could see. " Damn it Rain! " Thomas snapped at her. " I have to walk a fine line between the Indian world and that of the white man.......If I walk too far on ether side......I have enemies who will say I'm not be far.....Or not doing my job........The white man has laws which I'm bound by.......One such law says you can not desecrate a dead body......Marshal Wright is an old friend........But he is a protector of the white man's law.......That metal star he wears is his symbol of power.......What you ask puts me in a bad place with my friend and the law he protects. " Thomas showed his anger with how his words sounded. He then stopped himself and shook his head. Thomas told Rain he was sorry for snapping at her. He knew she was only doing what she thought was best. Thomas placed a hand onto Rain's belly so he could touch their child. " I don't doubt what I saw......I don't doubt what you can do........I love you Rain......I love you and our baby growing inside of you.......Please don't doubt me or my love for you and everyone in our family. " Thomas wrapped his arms around Rain and pulled her close. He kissed her on the lips while placing a hand onto her ass. Thomas squeezed Rain's left ass cheek as their kiss grew deeper. He pulled back and promised he'd speak with J.P. and see what could be done. Thomas told Rain to return to the house. He wanted her to let Jamie & Maria know that J.P. was staying for dinner and for the night.

Rain glared at Thomas. She was pissed off. She shook her head and then raised her head and looked at him and frowned. "I don't think this is best, I know it is best. It protects my unborn child, yours, and Jaimes, George, and everyone in this fort. I thought that was why you were here." She then looked at him placing his hand on her stomach and frowned looking up at him and shook her head. "I doubt I will ever understand the white man's feelings and laws. My people are driven by how they feel and what they are shown. I don't know how many visions the Great Spirit will have to give you before you either heed them or suffer the consequences." She sighed and let him kiss her. She soon kissed him back deeper and then looked at him and frowned. When he said he would speak, she knew she would either have to take drastic matters or just shut up.

She watched him leave and then wondered how strong the guarding of the fort was. She looked up at the sky and felt immediately ill. She then began to walk innocently enough to the fort guard house where she knew the corpse was being kept. If she was pulled to the side, she would say how she was just looking around. But then she knew that if she was caught she would have to answer. She then looked at where Thomas left and felt angry at him still. Just a kiss and a swat on the ass. Looking down, she walked to the creek and sat down frustratedand pulled her knees to her chest and began to sob so angry, sad, and somewhat defeated.

Thomas had hoped that Rain would see the rough position he was in. How he was stuck between two worlds and had the tough job of walking each one carefully. His heart sank when she just didn't seem to understand. Rain was young, still 16 years old. Perhaps that had a lot to do with it. Thomas wasn't pleased with how Rain spoke and the things she said. It hurt him deeply that she thought he didn't care enough of her and the family to protect them. Thomas went to his office where J.P. had been waiting. The two men went inside and sat down. They spoke about the body. Thomas passed on Rain's concerns that a ceremony needed done before the body left. J.P. didn't understand why, and without a damn good reason. He couldn't allow the body to be mutilated in anyway. J.P. said Judge Wilcox would have his ass if something like that happened. A better reason beside the feelings of a young Indian girl was needed. Thomas told his friend of the feeling of evil he was getting. He said that it was possible the body was connected with that evil. J.P. still refused to let anyone touch the body. He pointed out to Thomas that the law was clear on such matters. Thomas understood the law and what would happen if something was done to the body. Being the commanding officer of the fort. Thomas could be held responsible for anything laws broken.

Thomas & J.P. left the office and headed for the house. Along the way, Thomas told Quincannon to double the guards around the post tonight. He wanted the extra protection in case trouble started. Thomas didn't know whether anything would happen. It was possible that the night would pass without anything happening. J.P. and the body would be gone the next day. Then maybe things would return to normal around here. A soldier patrolling outside the fort came acrossed Rain sitting there. He knew her from living inside the fort. He didn't know why, but she lived in the General's house. He told Rain that the front gates would be closing for the night very soon. She should get back inside where it was safe. It wasn't good for a young pregnant girl to be alone outside the fort at night. The soldier then moved on continuing his patrol.

She growled and looked at the soldier. If not for the promise she made Grey Eagle to protect Thomas, she would have stayed outside and in the safety of the Apache. Standing up, she shook her head and walked to the fort and went inside the house through the back entrance and sat on her bed. She was honest to god scared right now. Scared of everything she felt was going to happen. She laid back knowing that she should get some sleep that it was going to be a very difficult night.

Jamie greeted Thomas and J.P. Even though she was not alerted that J.P. would be joining them for dinner, she told Maria to make a place anyway. She smiled as Thomas came home and kissed his lips and then stroked his face seeing something wrong deep inside. It was not the worry, but something deeper, more profound. Somehow, Jamie knew it was having to do with Rain. She kissed his lips and hugged him tightly.

"It will be alright," she whispered. "She has been tired a lot lately pacing the house when no one is awake. She is spooked. Women become unreasonable sometimes when they are spooked." She kissed his cheek and stepped back and greeted J.P. openly. She kissed his cheek and smiled motioning him to the dining table.

"Please sit, may I get you anything to drink?"

Thomas heard what Jamie said, yet it did nothing to ease his thoughts. Rain was on the edge of being openly hostel towards Thomas. The kiss he gave her didn't even seem register with her the love Thomas had for her. It was like she just blew it off as though it was nothing and from no one special. Thomas was hurt by Rain and very deeply. Her actions showed disrespect for Thomas and the tough job he had of living in two worlds. Rain had become blinded by her fears. She was shutting out a person who loved her more then he cared for his own life. Rain always had a place here and nothing would change that. But things would be different from now on between Thomas & Rain. J.P. removed his hat and coat while thanking Jamie. He took the offer of a drink and said whatever she had was fine. J.P. sat down at the table as did Thomas. It had been a long time since J.P. had a real home cooked meal. Normally he ate in saloons, hotels, or at a camp fire. This would be a treat for the lawman.

She went into the kitchen and frowned and told Maria about how Thomas was hurt by Rain. That they both needed to make sure that she did nothing to endanger herself or the baby. She had read about how some women acted irrationally and hurtful when pregnant. She went down to the cellar and pulled out a bottle of wine and kissed Maria gently. She set out fine glasses and introduced the wine to everyone. She grinned and poured some for both of the men. Sitting down, she began to talk to Thomas and J.P. She told of why the natives were wary about the dead body and went into the tale of skin walkers. She sat back as George crawled into her lap and she held him close kissing his cheek and stroked his cheek.

J.P. slipped some wine while Jamie spoke of Indian tales and told why the dead body bothered some around the fort. Nothing that was said made J.P. change his mind. He wasn't one who believed in such tales. J.P. was polite though. He was well mannered and a gentlemen. J.P. said he and the body would be gone by morning. Then there would be nothing to fear around the fort. It was important for J.P. to bring the body back. Juan Lopez was wanted dead, or alive and Judge Wilcox made it clear he wanted too see the body. Wolf asked J.P. what it was like to be a US Marshal? J.P. said it was a good job, but there were many long days riding in the saddle. There were always outlaws to chase after and prisoners to transfer from one place to another. It was a job that kept you on the move. Wolf then asked if there were any Indians who became US Marshal's? J.P. nodded his head saying yes. He spoke of one named Sam Buckhart, who was himself an Apache Indian.

Dinner was soon served and those at the table began to eat. Outside, night had fallen. As per Thomas's orders, the guards around the fort had been doubled. Outside the fort, a man dressed in a long dirty tan coat & hat appeared from the darkness. He stood watching the fort. His eyes turned towards the Apache villages. Easy pickings here. Those teepees held many beating hearts pumping with fresh blood. But this unknown man was here for a reason. He raised his hand towards the fort and whispered the words "Awake." At that moment the body of Juan Lopez opened his eyes. He slowly sat up and began to undo the blanket which had been used to wrap his body up. Once free from the blanket, Juan looked around. He was inside of some type of building. Juan became aware of the sounds of beating harts and what sounded like rushing water. This however wasn't water, but the sound of blood rushing through the veins of every person inside the fort.

Jamie smiled and nodded in understanding. Her being raised in multicultural and multiheritage made her understand the rules. Jamie was no stranger to the tight rope act that was walking a fine line. Rain would have to understand it or suffer the consequences. Not that Jamie was gunning for Rain to get hurt, it was just hard. She smiled adn began to eat with Wolf at her side and Thomas at the other. George moved to the chair beside Maria because she knew how to cut his meat just right. She smiled and looked at her family but frowned at Rain was not there.

As if smelling the man, Rain woke up and groaned and blinked at her window. She frowned and then moved outside past the table. Her hand was on her blade. She walked out and then saw nothing. The man was hidden in the dark, but she knew he was there. She wanted to go to the guard house but knew she couldn't go there. She then ran back to the house and grabbed her bow and arrow and walked back out without saying an

The stranger outside the fort made his way towards the Apache village. It was so very peaceful. Camp fires dotted the area around the teepees. Most of the Indians were inside. Only a few remained outside. The stranger passed into the camp unnoticed. It was like he wasn't really there, yet he was. He looked around until his target had been found. A young Indian woman carrying a clay pot left a teepee and headed for the river. A sly smile slowly drew over the man's face. He turned and moved in behind her. The woman knelt down at the water and began filling the pot. She became aware of someone standing behind her. The woman turned while remaining down. Standing there was a white man dressed in the clothes worn by cowboys. The woman spoke to the man in her native tongue. He just stood there staring at her. The woman finally rose up once her pot was fill. She kept her head down while walking towards the stranger. The woman had just passed by him, when he grabbed her. The woman screamed out as she was pulled into the stranger's arms. Standing behind her, he lowered his head and sank to large fangs into her neck. The scream alerted some in the village. Guards along the wall facing the river and the village also heard the scream. Men & women from the village came running. They found the young woman laying there, but her attacker was gone. He just melted into the darkness.

The guards on the wall above the village couldn't see anything because the village laid between the fort and the river. Their attention was drawn back inside the fort when a gunshot was heard. There was also sounds from a fight. Juan Lopez had left the guard house and upon doing so encounter some troopers. One shot Lopez in the chest with a rifle. This did nothing. Soldiers were being tossed around like rag dolls. One man was bitten, but not drained of blood. Lopez needed to escape. He could feed later. Lopez made his way up to the walk which went around the top of the inside wall of the fort. He encountered more guards there. Two were tossed down to the ground. More shots were fired, then the sound of a bugle playing the "To Arms" call was heard.

The commotion and gun shots made Thomas & J.P. jump to their feet. Thomas told Jamie to keep everyone inside. He grabbed his pistol belt and sword before heading out of the house with J.P. right behind him. Both men had their pistols drawn before leaving the steps. Thomas yelled for Quincannon who came running quickly. He told Quincannon to find out what was going on. A soldier came up and said something happened over at the Apache village around the same time shots were fired inside the fort. Thomas told a couple of soldiers to watch over his house until he returned. Along with J.P., Thomas yelled for the gate to be opened. The two men ran outside and quickly made the village. It didn't take long to find Grey Eagle hovering over the dead body of a young Apache woman.

Rain jerked around when shots were fired. She began firing arrows into the corpse until she ran out of arrows. She had to keep the unborn baby inside her alive she then snarled seeing JP.

"I warned you!" She spitted out in a rage that felt dirty and unclean in her soul. "I told both of you! This is where your laws get you!" She began to scream. Jamie heard rain shouting outside. She was being stupid. She couldn't send anyone she was protecting inside out to get her. She looked at Maria and wolf.

"She will be given a strict talking to." One of the guards grabbed Rain as she said it and Jamie grabbed her and pulled her in. "How dare you do this to us, to your family." Jamie barked and snarled. "Get to your room and stay there and if you leave." Rain turned and moved to her room and sat on her bed glaring.

Why did no one listen to her? This place was infuriating.

Thomas had bigger things to worry about then Rain who was acting like a girl who needed a hard spanking. One of Grey Eagle's people was dead. Four of Thomas's troopers were injured during Juan's escape from the fort. Grey Eagle said that none of his people had seen who did this. The troopers in the fort reported that Juan Lopez was the one who escaped over the wall. Thomas knew that the guard was on the other side of the fort. Well away from where the village sat. He & J.P. were able to piece together a timeline which said there had to have been a second person outside the fort. They knew this to be true because the troopers on the wall facing the village heard the scream before the gunshots inside the fort. Grey Eagle said he'd take care of the young woman on his end. Thomas expressed his sorrow for the loss. Grey Eagle thanked Thomas then returned to his people. Thomas & J.P. went back inside the fort. They knew there was no use sending troops out into the darkness. Having them wondering around in the night would only destroy any tracks left behind.

Thomas & J.P. returned to the house. The first duty Thomas had was to check with Jamie. He needed to make sure everyone was alright. Thomas then sat down with J.P. so they could talk this over. Both men knew that Juan Lopez had been dead, yet he got out of the guard house. Thomas told J.P. that they were dealing with supernatural forces here. It was like nothing ether man had been trained to deal with. Thomas thought about sending a telegraph to Washington, telling them of what happened. That however, wouldn't happen. Thomas knew that his superiors would think he had gone insane. Part of Thomas wondered if that hadn't happened. Nighttime faded into morning. Thomas & J.P. stayed up and watched as the dawn broke.

Rain remained in her room furious. Now instead of one skinwalkers they had two. She could hear Thomas and J.P. Talking and wanted to storm out there and tell some more, but Jamie had put the fear of the great spirit inside of her. Standing up, she knew grey eagle would need help tending to the girl of his tribe. Getting up, she packed a small bedroll once dawn broke and went to go tell Wolf where she was going since he was the only one to listen to her. She walked out and towards the gates wondering if they were closed.

Jamie stayed up. Part to keep Thomas company and offer any input but a smaller part to make sure rain didn't do another stupid thing. She kept giving the men coffee well after Maria went to bed with a frightened George. When dawn lit the sky, she heard rain leave and looked down shaking her head.

A sight not often seen around Fort Apache, was stagecoaches. It wasn't part of the normal route taken by the drivers. On this day however, a stagecoach did come riding up. It spotted outside the fort. A man stepped out of the coach and looked around. He saw the Indian Agency building. The trading post. The Apache village and the fort. The man who stood looking around was dressed all in black. " Are you sure this is where you want off Padre? " The driver asked while his partner unloaded the man's bags and a long black case. The man looked around again before looking up at the driver. " Yes......This is where I'm needed. " The man spoke with a British accent. The stagecoach pulled out as the man picked up his bags and his long rectangle case. He started walking towards the fort, but felt a need to visit the Village first. The stranger turned and walked into the village. The Apache were wary of strangers these days. The man's coat wore his collar up and buttoned in the front. It covered his upper body from the neck down to just past his waist. The Apache watched this unknown man closely as he walked through the village. He smiled while bowing his head slightly to those he passed.

By the time this stranger arrived at the fort, Thomas & J.P. left on horseback hoping to find some tracks. They took 20 troopers with them when they left. The stranger continued to slowly walk through the village until Grey Eagle appeared. He walked up in front of this man. " I am Grey Eagle.......Chief of this village. " The man placed his bags & case down on the ground. He slowly unbuttoned the top of his coat and pulled his collar down. " Hello Grey Eagle........I'm Mathew Price.......Father Mathew Price. " Undoing the top of his closed coat, the man revealed he was a priest. Grey Eagle could hide his surprise even if he wanted too. This was the first time Grey Eagle had ever seen a holy man from the white people. He had heard about such people, but none of those were ever spoken of as being young looking. Mathew was at this time in his early 20's. He was making a name for himself within his order of the church. The order Mathew came from was a special order called "The Angels of Death." No one outside the church would know of this order. That's how special and secret it was.

By this time, Rain moved forward to the village. She was traveling on foot. She saw the man come forward. She needed to speak to Grey Eagle, she felt her patience being whittled away. Whittled away like a piece of rock turning into an arrow head. And the result would hurt. She knew that she hurt Thomas already but she needed to be understood. Not be seen as some crazy little squaw that was screaming bloody murder at the shadows in the night. Looking at Grey Eagle, she moved forward and looked at the man. Matthew Price. He was a religious man bearing the symbol of the white man's crucified savior. She looked down and stayed near Grey Eagle so he could either accept her or dismiss her.

Jamie moved to her bedroom and stretched out and covered her eyes groaning. Drama was made absolutely worse when Rain acted out. She couldn't begin to know where the girl was coming from. Hell, she was never considered a wise woman, and usually who she talked to believed her and took her word. But Rain had overstepped her bounds. Leaning back, she shut her eyes and rubbed her eyes.

Mathew smiled as the young girl came up. It was obvious that she wasn't from the same tribe as the others in this village. Grey Eagle greeted Rain before looking back at the priest. Mathew turned his attention back to Grey Eagle at the same time. He was the chief of this tribe. " Where is the body? " Mathew asked as his British accent was clearly heard. Grey Eagle was surprised that this man who just arrived, knew of the body from last night. By now, many of those living in the village gathered around. Grey Eagle asked how Mathew knew of a body? Mathew slyly smiled and said he could sense it. This confused Grey Eagle. He didn't understand how this man could sense the dead. Grey Eagle pointed at a teepee. Mathew picked his bags & case up before walking towards the teepee. Grey Eagle followed slightly behind. Mathew ducked down and entered the teepee. There on the ground, wrapped in a blanket laid the body of the young woman. Mathew placed his case down along with one bag. The other bag he carried over to where the girl laid. Mathew knelt down and unwrapped the girl. He then opened his bag and removed a dagger. Grey Eagle entered, moving over to stand near the body. He looked down at Mathew and questioned as to what he was doing. Mathew said this body needed to be kept at rest. He said it would rise again this very night in search of human blood. Mathew said he could keep the body from returning to the world of the living. He then looked up at Grey Eagle. " It's possible that your people have their own ways.......I must admit.......I'm not familiar with the ways of the native americans......But I am an expert in vampires. " Mathew spoke plainly as possible. He turned the young girl's head revealing the fang marks on her neck. Mathew pulled a small bottle of water from his coat. He opened the bottle and poured some water onto the girl's neck. The area around the wounds sizzled when the water touched it. It was like pouring water onto a hot griddle. Mathew explained that this was special water. He called it holy water. Mathew said vampires were evil creature of the night. Holy water could hurt them greatly. Mathew assured Grey Eagle that the girl's body wouldn't be damaged. He just wanted to open her chest and place something inside her heart. Grey Eagle wasn't totally sure about this. He did however tell Mathew to continue. Mathew cut down into the girl's chest with his dagger. He then opened the heart. Mathew reached into his bag again and pulled out a small piece of silver. This piece of silver was a metal with the likeness of Jesus on it. He placed the metal inside the heart, then rose to his feet. Mathew said the wound could be closed now. He said this body wouldn't rise and walk the Earth again. The villagers could now do with it as they pleased.

Rain bit her lip and watched Matthew. She smiled and nodded greeting Grey Eagle. She then went over and heard Mathew ask where the body was. This man was different, but she knew by the way he carried his things, he knew how to deal with the dead of such an attack. Maybe he was a wise man of the whites. She knew that this was true because of the symbols he carried. However, she followed him because she was curious how he would deal with the body. She walked ot the other side and kneeled down and watched him. She continued to watch him and smiled after he had dealt with the body. Rain broke down in releif as this man did what white wise men did to keep the skin walkers dead. She was crying and leaned across and hugged Mathew. She gripped him tighter and continued to cry. She was so upset that she couldn't do anything about Juan, that no one would help her.

She then sat back and wiped her eyes as Mathew stood up. She wiped her eyes. She then began to sew up the wound with respect and dressed and readied the woman for burial and wrapped her in her leather and stood up and looked at Grey Eagle. "I must speak to you when you can find the time." She whispered wiping her eyes.

Mathew was very surprised by Rain's actions. During his travels, no one had ever reacted in this manner before. Mathew told Rain it would be alright. He wasn't sure why the girl acted in this way. It was possible that the other girl was a family member of some type. Mathew couldn't be sure because he didn't know much about Indians and their ways. An older woman brought in a large bowl of water. Mathew cleaned his hands then dried them. Grey Eagle said Rain could speak with him shortly. He then returned to Mathew. Grey Eagle thanked the holy man for his work. The word vampire was unfamiliar to Grey Eagle. He asked Mathew what vampires were? Mathew said vampire were once humans who died and returned to life. These humans were bitten by other vampires. He spoke of how vampires feed on the blood of living humans. Mathew said vampires can also feed on animals, but they would much rather have human blood. He said if a human is drained of it's blood. It will return the next night to stalk the land looking for victims. Mathew spoke of following a vampire here. This vampires name is Karl Kreger. Mathew said the creature came from Germany. A country from far acrossed the ocean. Mathew said the German people call vampires, "Nosferatu."

Mathew picked up his holy water & dagger. He placed them back where they came from. Mathew then left the teepee. He wanted to pay a visit to local authority before finding a place to stay for the night. He then left the teepee and headed for the fort. Grey Eagle was sure that Father Price was one of those his Grandfather spoke of. He then looked at Rain asking what she need of him?

Rain wiped her eyes and nodded waiting patiently. When Mathew was gone, she stood up and took his hand. "May we speak in private?" She asked and walked with him hand in hand to his teepee and sat and then looked down her chin was quivering and tears were rolling down her face again as she sobbed.

"Grey eagle, I am consumed with rage. I am angry because I feel that my own lover did not believe me about Juan being a skin walker. I am so upset because in the night he worries of creatures rising up from white mans hell, but the light of day his words of up keeping the law chaff the skin. In my rage I have hurt him and disappointed Jamie." She covered he face and broke down crying harder.

Grey Eagle sat down then listened too Spring Rain as she spoke. He waited until she finished before speaking on this matter. " You must understand that Thomas must walk between two worlds.......Ours and his.......His job is not an easy one.......And your anger has only made it more difficult for him to walk between the worlds. " Grey Eagle's voice was soft and compassionate. He didn't want Rain to think he was yelling at her. He wasn't. Grey Eagle explained that Thomas didn't have a vision, nor a dream. He only had a feeling and feelings were hard to judge as to what would come. Grey Eagle said Rain acted out because she was young and with child. He reminded her that she still had much to learn in this life. Grey Eagle said as Rain grows older, she'll get wisdom. Such wisdom will help to keep things such as her acting out from happening in the future. He said Rain should return to the fort and make amends for her actions. In other words, Rain needed to apologize for what she said and did. Grey Eagle said that Rain was a powerful young woman, but she was still young and would make mistake. He reminded Rain not to judge Thomas to harshly for having to follow the white man's laws. Grey Eagle said all people have laws they must follow. He then leaned over and kissed Rain on her forehead.

Rain shifted. She was still angry. "I do not want to go back just yet. Although I do understand Thomas and the line he has to walk, I was still ignored." She frowned and picked at her doeskin pants and frowned. She sighed and looked up at Grey eagle as he kissed her forehead. "When I went to express my concerns to Thomas, he thought groping and kissing me would make it better. I think he suspects I will fall into a one track only mind like his wife." She sighed frowning.

Grey Eagle was greatly disappointed in Rain. She was showing disrespect to Jamie, who is an honored member of this tribe. Rain clearly didn't know Jamie at all. Jamie showed great compassion towards the Apache. She was learning their ways and their language. This was not someone who had a one track mind, as Rain implied. Grey Eagle told Rain that she needed to be more accepting of her new world and the ways of white people. The Great Spirit made this path for Rain and she must walk it. Grey Eagle said that Rain should be thinking of her child and giving birth. He said that his vision told how the three warriors of good would gather to fight the evil. Rain wasn't one of those who would fight. What Rain was doing now, went against the plan the Great Spirit planned for her. Rain's place was to give Thomas a health baby and become a mother. Grey Eagle said she had a lot to learn from Jamie. She was a giver of great compassion, caring and love.

Rain was heeled quickly by Grey Eagle. She looked down and bit her lip and ran her hand through her hair. "I was trying to protect them...I-I didn't....mean...to disrespect the great spirit." She whispered quietly. She talked as if talking loud would piss off the gret Eagle. She bit her lip and nodded quickly and then swallowed gripping her hands in front of her. "I just don't want Thomas or the little boy to be hurt." She whispered tears rolled down her face as she swallowed hiccuping sadness.

Back
Top Bottom