Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Lesson In Trust (P) -Ladydark/AndNich123-

He prevents her from returning after the first 5 minutes, making sure she sits through 10 full minutes before returning to his fire, letting her return on her own again. He stokes the fire and sighs, tonight couldn't come soon enough, he was tired of fighting with her.

"I want to go home," she whispers. She knows she doesn't. She's angry. She's always had a quick temper with her strong willed attitude. She lays there looking at the sky trying to catch her breath and strength.

He glances over at her and goes to wrap the fish "You should go and take a bath... You'll feel better... Food should be ready by the time you're done..." He sets the wrapped fish by the fire and goes to lift her, helping her into the house and bathroom "You can get clothes from my room after..." He leaves her in the bathroom and goes back outside to mind the fish.

She sits in the bath for a long time with her head on her knees. He confuses her so. How can he be so mean one second and then kind and caring another? She dresses finally looking at her reflection. She hates the headdress. She punches the mirror breaking it. Of course she was shocked for that, but she thought it was worth it. Slowly she makes her way to him at the fire pit. Her face has no expression until she looks up the night sky. She wonders away from him slightly still looking up now smiling. "Beautiful, " she whispers.

He notices her as he's taking the last fish from the fire, he sets it down and moves to stand behind her "Yes you are..." He knew she was trying to stay mad at him, he also knew she couldn't, so he wraps his arms around her slowly. "Supper's almost ready..."

A hint of blush across her cheeks at his comment. His arms slowly wrap around her, and doesn't protest. Try as she may at being mad at him, she can't. She still wants to be, but it's just too hard. "That's Orion," she points to the stars. "The big dipper and the little dipper are there and there." She leans her head against him. "You used Sage with the fish. I can smell it. Smells good. Sage and lavender should be planted for protection too." She still wants to be mad at him so bad, but she can't help but admit how nice it is to be this way with him too.

He watches her as she points at the different star groups and smiles, she wasn't fighting him, she even relaxed against him. "Maybe you can start a garden sometime... Plant whatever you like..." He kisses along her neck for a few moments, then pulls away, only holding her hand "Before it gets cold..." He leads her to the table, there were several burnt packages in the middle of the table, he had also cut up vegetables and brought out plates and cutlery. He pulls her chair out for her and helps her sit, then sits himself, across from her "Be careful... They are still a bit warm..." He uses his fork to pick a package up and places it on his plate, opening it slowly.

She smiles when he kisses her neck as she closes her eyes. He leads over to the table. It all looked so nice and smelled good. She was hungry. "You're being so nice now. It's because punishment is over," she asked with an innocence. "You're trusting me with a knife," she teased.

"I am... Unless you want another punishment..." He smiles "I told you all you had to do was behave..." He starts to eat "Mmm... It's very good..." He looks up at her "We'll start working on your magic tomorrow..."

Ladydark said:
"I am... Unless you want another punishment..." He smiles "I told you all you had to do was behave..." He starts to eat "Mmm... It's very good..." He looks up at her "We'll start working on your magic tomorrow..."
"My magic," she asks eating. "What exactly do you want to do with my magic?" She takes another bite. "This is pretty good. You're pretty good at cooking. I can't cook at all."

He looks up "Well... You need to practice... You don't think before you use a spell, you don't keep a lookout around you... You think you can always win..." He eats a bit more "We can work on that too..."

"What wrong with thinking I can always win? I'm good. You would not have wanted me if I wasn't." She kept eating. "I could have gotten all this training back at the school though. I wasn't finished there. Will I ever go back there?"

"The training you ewe getting there was ok... But they would not teach you the way you needed because of who you are... I have no problems slapping you around... You may go back... I don't know yet..." He kept eating, taking another piece of fish and some vegetables.

She lights up. "I may get to go back? Really? That's great! I actually like school since I was taught at home most of my life. I get to be around my friends." She got quiet. Friends huh? Then why aren't they looking for me? Maybe they were not really my friends at all. She pushes her plate away.

He finishes eating some time after her and looks up "I have dessert in the fridge... Chocolate pudding with raspberries... Would you like some..." He stands and starts to put the food away, fitting it all into a small container "Magic is so useful..." He picks the small container up and heads over to the fire to put it out.

"No thank you," she says getting up and sitting by the water. She watches the moonlight dance across the water. She sighs.

Goes to get it anyway and goes to sit with her "Here... I made it for you..." He kisses her cheek and starts to eat his own, watching her. The potion was in hers, but it wouldn't start working until she was asleep, he hoped she'd eat it if he told her it was just for her.

"I don't want any," she yelled knocking it from his hand. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," she quickly apologized covering her face. "I'm so sorry." She was upset at the thought that none of her friends had even tried to look for her. She was so certain they couldn't be that far from the school.

"Shhh... It's ok..." He had quickly put his hand out and caught her pudding in a bubble. "You need to relax... See, I saved it..." He held it out before her and smiles "You're ok Jinx..." He cups her cheek once she takes the dessert again and rubs it softy.

She eyes the pudding and looks back to him. "Thank you." His touch is so nice. She takes it from him. "I'm sure it's delicious. Back home, sweets always made me feel better when I was upset. I'm sure this will too." She took a big spoonful and kept eating until it was gone.

He smiles at her and eats his too, "That, and a good nights rest... Come on... It's getting cold..." He helps her up and heads to the house, taking their dishes. He kisses her cheek and heads to his room, "Good night..." He locks his door.

After she climbed into bed, all she could think about was him. It was strange. He filled every corner of her mind, and slowly she began to forget her fears about him. By morning, she couldn't wait to see him.

He wakes slowly and gets up, heading into the shower. Once done he dries off and gets dressed, then heads out into the kitchen. He pulls out everything out to make bacon and eggs.

She stares into the mirror. Why is it all I can think of is him? She hears him in the kitchen and can't wait to go in. She watches him cook and can't stand there in one spot any longer. She walks over to him and looks up at him.

He was mixing up the eggs and looks at her "Good morning... Did a good nights sleep help... You look much better..." He smiles, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

Back
Top Bottom