Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Overneath the Path of Misinterpretation (Alvis Alendran&Malicious Lullaby)

Alex smiled, seeing her face, and figuring it was time that he could probably afford to make a joke or two.
"Yeah, it is. I'll admit I'm a little sad, maybe a hair depressed, but that's mostly because I'm pretty sure you're going to kick me out now." He said with a wink. "And tha' leave's a man joost a tooch out a' sorts lass." He winked at her as he grinned. It was pretty clear that it was safe to bring out his accent again. And if he could end this night on a laugh from her, he'd call this a well spent night.

The concern that she had for both of them was...touching actually. Alex had to admit that he hadn't really expected the apology, the thought that she was somehow at fault for the incident. That there was fault to be assigned at all. Fault implied something bad. Well, okay, technically, the whole incident was doing something bad, but doing something bad had felt so good. and for her as well it had seemed.

She winced just slightly but recovered with an apologetic smile. “I hope you understand?” God, how horrible did that seem? Wham, bam, thank you ma’am, now it was time for him to go? “If it helps, I was totally on planning to see you out, call you a cab.” How did this go from amazing, to worrisome to just…bad sense all around? “Unless, you happen to know for a fact that your parents won’t get suspicious in which case, I don’t need to kick you out?” It was all coming out as a question. It was his first time! If it had been her first time, if it had been reversed, she’d feel incredibly depressed. Not just a hair. An entire scalp-full of hair!

"My parents? My parents are in Greece. For another three months. They're good people, just not around so much now that I'm eighteen. I'm just not supposed to have people over, and the staff at the house would totally rat me out. But hey, if you're not really comfortable with having me here over night or the like, it's okay. You've given me..." He grinned, and winked at her. ",,,more than enough tonight. I will never forget this. Though, I'll probably try and focus more on the good parts before I opened my mouth, and words came out and ruined the mood." He admitted.

Her eyes widened. Holy wow. He was living on his own, without parental supervision? What parents would do that?! But she tried to steer that from her mind. She wasn’t his teacher right now. She was the woman who just claimed his virginity. “Hey, no, stop.” She put her hand on his leg. “You really think I’m going to just let you go home and cuddle up to nothing?” She tilted her head. “Come on, it’s Saturday tomorrow and I’m thinking waffles. With lots of syrup.” What the hell? She should probably stop, she really had to, really needed to but something told her she couldn’t just let it go. She wasn’t sure if it was because she really didn’t like the idea of him going to a house full of just…staff. Or if she wanted him to stay just because…just because. “Look, it’s probably a totally bad idea but I don’t want you to go. And then I’ll be an entire scalp-full of hair depressed if you reject me.” She pouted now. Her pouts never failed her.

Alex had to grin as she spoke. Well, after teh initial panic reaction that she seemed to have, she was back to being...well...cool. He liked Esther. He didn't entertain any ideas of daiting her, or anything like that but...what they were doing now, what they'd just done...that was a lot of fun. And that was all it had needed to be.
"Well...when you put it like that..." He said with a wink. "...what kind of a guy would I be if I made a beautiful lady depressed?" He set his hand on hers, gave it a squeeze, and smiled.

Alex leaned forward, and kissed her, gently, ready to let her brush him off, or otherwise let him know that this was not cool. But when it didn't happen, he lay back down on the bed, smiling, and ready to curl up with her, and he had to admit that this did feel like the best way he could possibly round out his night.

Esther smiled and nodded her head. “Good, because if you did reject me, then I’d officially be kicking you out.” She teased. Leaning forward to meet him, she kissed him back softly, stunned at herself for reciprocating in the first place but she didn’t stop. Only when their bodies lay down, did she part her lips from his and look at him. She scooted closer to him and rest her head on his shoulder gently before draping her arm over his chest, sighing softly. “Part of the deal is we cuddle. If you have complaints, you know where the door is.” She mumbled which came out a little bit adorably. Esther closed her eyes, comfortable and definitely more than satisfied. Maybe she could have waffles on him for breakfast…

He smiled as she mumbled into him.
"Yeah, okay, I think I can suffer through it." He said softly, putting his arm around her. Yeah, this? This he could deal with pretty easily. He could sleep with her, really sleep, and have breakfast. It would be easy. He closed his eyes, and kept smiling. He could feel ehr close beside him, the warmth coming off of her. And then he felt hismelf stirring from her proximity. He looked down, seeing himself standing errect. He leaned back into the pillow. Okay, maybe he wasn't going to get to sleep at all tonight then.

He could feel Esther breathing steadily, sleeping. And all he could think of was her overtop of him, riding his cock and fucking dammit, he was never going to mak it to sleep at this rate. The hours ticked by, his mind in a kind of rested state, but not really sleeping. He shifted a little, turning. He cursed as his cock prodded Esther, adn she shifted. It looked like she was going to wake up! Dammit! Accidently waking her by poking her with his dick. Yeah, that was going to go ove well. He needed to cover it. Make it look planned or something. As her face turned, he just leaned in and kissed her, free hand cupping the side of ehr face. Go for broke!

Esther fell asleep rather quickly. That orgasm left her spent, as did all the details that came after it. Freaking out, freaking out some more and then finally relaxing. Her breathing evened out, she snored silently through her nose and there was something definitely comfortable about sleeping with a guy like this. Warm. She felt warmer. The hours went by, she eventually left his arms and was sleeping on her stomach, cuddling her pillow to her head, the blankets hardly covering her. They covered the vitals, considering she was lying on her stomach. She started dreaming about nonsensical things and at one point, something started poking her, kept poking her, in the dream at least but it was disorienting. And then she felt lips, on her own. It wasn’t in the dream. No, it was real! Esther wasn’t a very hard sleeper. Deeper maybe but something could always wake her up.

Her eyes fluttered open and in her unfocused vision, she realized it was Alex. Her hand moved over his that was cupped around her cheek and she found herself kissing him back. It was a lot better than what she imagined her dream to be, by a long shot. And she was the kind of girl who could definitely appreciate a creative way of being woken up. Perhaps she was just a softie who always got shivers whenever a guy kissed her like this, their hand on her cheek or around her neck and jaw. That was the hopeless romantic in her that was buried, far away. Away from right now. Her lips parted from his and she looked at him, smiling a little tiredly, but only because she was just woken up in a very nice. “Hey. I don’t think it’s a school day, you know.” She whispered.

Alex smiled at her comment.
"It really isn't." He confirmed, about to lean in when a faint chiming came to his ears. He looked out into teh hall where his pants were sitting. He hung his head. "Be right back?" He said gently, getting up and jogging to his jeans. He pulled out his phone, and answered it.
"Hello?" He said.
"Alex. Where. Are you?" A strong male voice asked.
"Uh, dad! Out. Why?"
"We're home early, wanted to say hello and congratulate you on your new job. And now you're not here. Were you in the midst of a life changing experience?" Alex frowned, and then smiled.
"Yeah. I really really was." His father was quiet.
"Oh. Well then. Your mother and I would appreciate it if you would come home. Now. We can send the car for you-"
"No, that's okay. I think the trip would do me some good, you know?"
"All right, keep your secret place a secret. See you in an hour." His father hung up. Alex swore, a a lilting, almost musical sounding word that almost seemed to curl the hair on his head, so much venom and distaste in it. It was the most foul curse he knew, and his uncle had made sure he knew it in perfect Irish Gaelic. He walked back to Esther's room.

"So...things just got a bit complicated if I stay." He admitted with a sad sigh.

She smiled a lot less tiredly and leaned in, ready to meet him for that kiss when he stopped and she heard the same faint chiming. With a small frown, she turned onto her back as he went to take care of it and looked up at the ceiling. Her mind flashed back to the dream she had and her cheeks flushed. Did she really dream about another man while laying in bed with a man who was not in her dreams? Her hands came up to cover her face and she groaned. Okay, seriously, this had to stop, now.

Hearing the faint sound of footsteps, Esther sat up and wrapped the blanket around her torso, covering up and looking at Alex. “Yeah? Why’s that?” She asked, throwing the covers off and getting up from her bed, walking to him, completely nude and for once not ashamed. Well that was new. Even she was stunned but she didn’t let it show.
“Better offer? Hot date?” She teased, standing before him in all her natural glory.

Alex stared at her as she approached, dumbfounded for a moment. Damn it all, she was not making this easy on him. Not. At. All. He swallowed, and looked her in the eye, a supreme force fo will to maintain that.
"No. Not sure where I'd even look to find a better offer." He admitted with a smile. "But the staff at my house sent the word to my parents that I was getting published, so they rushed home to see me. So they're, uh, home now. And they'd like me to be home as well. Don't worry, I didn't tell them where I was, and they won't ask after it. Don't ask don't tell policy." He explained. It was not an easy thing, standing in front of her like this. After all, she was nude, so was he, it'd be easy to... He pushed the thought out of his head. He had to keep it out. It was all a battle of discipline over temptation.

It was like he just made her ego soar way up high that she fought with all her might to keep a smug look off of her face. Esther was never the kind of person who ever believed in having the goods to make a guy react this way but neither was she oblivious to when it could happen. Like right now. It made the teenage girl in her who didn’t exactly think she was adequate at all beam with pride and joy.

Still though, even she knew when to cut a guy some slack. After all, it was either succumb or get in some serious shit with his parents and considering he was getting published and that was the reason they rushed home, she’d be a major bitch if she tampered with that. “Nah, it’s fine Alex.” Leaning up, she kissed his cheek. “You should go. I know I’d probably swoon if my parents rushed home if I did something as great as you are now.” Side-stepping from him, Esther went to her closet and pulled out a big t-shirt to put him out of his misery with and put it on, covering her completely nude body. Kind of a pity but something told her that if she was having dreams of a man different than the one she woke up with, it was probably for a good reason that the one she woke up with had to go.

Turning to him after pulling her hair out of the shirt, she put her hands on her hips. “Promise you won’t forget your English teacher when you’re all rich and famous?”

Alex sighed in both relief and a bit of dissapointment when Esther covered herself. It had been a fun view. But at this point, he was firmly on her side of things, knowing he needed to get his ass home, and make sure things were smooth with his folks. He found his shorts, and slid them on, keeping his pride as much intwct as he could. He paused as she asked what he felt was one of the most ridiculous questions she could. He crossed to her, and kissed her, fast and hard, before stepping back. He smiled.
"I think I have more than a few reasons to remember you fondly." He told her honestly.

That kiss took her a bit off guard but it was enough to put a big smile on her face afterward. Looking up at him, she crossed her arms over her chest and stuck her hip out a little bit, putting all her weight on one leg and foot. “Yeah?” She grinned now. “Then you should go before you make my head combust. I’m feeling pretty damn good about myself.” Which was true. If he made complimented her more, she was probably going to let it all go to her head and that would suck really bad. Really, really, really bad.

Alex bit back a comment, and pushed aside the urge to shove her onto the bed when she struck a pose like that. Not having a lot of experience in this field (Or any at all really, outside of this night!) left him a bit...open to a lot of very simple flirtations. He winked at her, and fled the room, finding his clothes. He sighed as he packed up his whiskey, and made himself ready to depart. He felt like he'd have preferred to tell his parents he'd be back in the morning. After all, Esther made a very good case by virtue of existing for him to remain. But it was not to be.

Not this time anyway.

The moment he left, her smile slowly faded. Once she heard the front door shut, she walked to her door and contemplated shutting it but instead walked out of her room and went to the kitchen. Opening the freezer, she spotted the vats of ice cream she had bought that one time and decided it was now or never. So she chose now and pulled one out. Rocky Road. What every woman needed to cure a slight down spell.

Grabbing a spoon, she curled up on the couch with the remote as well and turned on her DVD player. Never Been Kissed was still in there. She started it from the beginning and dug into her ice cream. Ah, it felt like high school all over again.

The days rolled onwards, with lives moving forward. Nothing of note at all really happened until the Wednesday. A letter had arrived at Esther's apartment. The envelope was dyed a deep blue, and the heavy paper felt expensive to say the least. Someone had gone to significant expense to have these made, and more to have them courier delivered rather than normal mail. As such, there was not return address on it. But it had all the hallmarks of an important invitation on it. Esther was not the only one finding such things on hand. Wyn, Lloyd, and more than a few of the who's who of New York were finding such things. And most of them knew exactly what it entailed, aside from a shopping trip. It was a party. And one that had always proven to be quite a diversion.

The days went on and Esther felt like she was sort of on auto-pilot. It was a routine. Wake up, go to school, teach, get accustomed to not seeing a favorite face anymore and come home, crack open a bottle of wine and indulge more in that rather than food. She wasn’t eating much lately. She had her breakfast and some morsels of food for lunch but she kind of usually skimped out on dinner when she got home and watched movies, graded papers and usually passed out at around ten, only for it all to start again. Worse part, Esther wasn’t aware. She was on auto pilot. Until Wednesday came.

She came home in the evening because she fell quite behind on her grading, grade book and lesson plans. It was a quarter to eight and she put her things down, her mail in hand. Sitting down on the couch, she flipped through it, making two separate piles. Bills and non-bills. Her bills pile was bigger than her non-bills. Then the last piece of mail came to view. It was heavy, fancy looking and it had her name written across it so fancily, she half thought it was some kind of a sick joke. But then she opened it.

Reading the first lines of the letter, her eyes soon bulged wide and her jaw dropped. It had to be a joke. Why would he be inviting her?! They didn’t have much business together. At least none that she thought warranted an invite to some fancy-shmancy gathering he was having. After her initial shock was over though, she put the invitation down and covered her forehead. She was now in a bit of a panic. She had nothing to wear for such an occasion. She had one dress but she highly doubted it’d be enough.

Pushing aside the mail and forgetting about her bills, she went to the kitchen and rummaged around for a bottle of wine. She stocked up Monday. Opening one, she poured herself a glass and leaned against the counter, sipping it. Nothing like a nice crisp glass of white wine to clear her troubles, worries and woes.

Nothing about the invitation looked printed. Even the careflly done cursive that scrawled across the paper looked to be done in a careful hand with an actual fountain pen. And likely not a modern style of one either, judging from the way the ink sat. In the back ground was a subtle pattern that could only have been painted onto the page with utmost care. Someone had gone to a lot of trouble to make these invitations look impressive to say teh least. Even the way the words were written spoke of a previous era. After all, who 'cordially invited Miss Esther Martin to a gathering at the estate of Mr Harrison Trenton?' in this day and age? Clearly Harrison had enjoyed having these made up.

Harrison looked over his closet, smiling. He hadn't done this in far too long, and he had to admit, he was looking forward to cramming so many people he enjoyed the company of in one place. Wyn and Nathanial were always an enjoyable couple to spend time with. And Lloyd was always a good man to have at a party. And he admitted he was looking forward to seeing Esther again. Though if he had to guess, she was likely in something of a tizzy trying to figure out what to do for such a thing. The thought made his smile widen a bit.

By the end of the night, Esther had gotten nowhere except drunk and realizing that the dress she had before, it was still short, okay maybe a little bit longer but it didn’t fit as tightly as it did. No, it was like a bunch of material that hung from her body. In other words, it had gotten a little bit big on her. Not a whole lot but enough that it didn’t do her justice anymore. She went to bed not in the greatest of spirits.

The next couple of days, she was remarkably sober and also trying to gauge just how much she could and should spend on a dress she’d probably never wear again. She didn’t get to it on Thursday and unfortunately, she couldn’t just skip out on Friday considering it was the night of. Or, she could just not go to the gathering at all but that part of her she wasn’t allowing herself to explore at the moment, wanted to see Harrison again. It’d make her night to just be able to admire him from afar. Nothing more. Just…gander.

Friday came around and one of the other teachers was telling her about this really cool store where they had vintage or older fashioned dresses with a modern twist. It was expensive unless you visited their clearance and considering it was a store kept up with what was in season, there was always a lot on clearance. It was a good scheme really.
After school, Esther went there and she looked around a bit. She looked through the clearance but they didn’t have much that she actually thought would be appropriate for a shindig like what Harrison was hosting. So she looked around the entire store, not just the clearance before being sucked into this beautiful dress. It was strapless and looked to come down to mid-calf with a bow right in the middle of the bust. It had a simple but beautiful and elegant print with what looked to be a lace overlay and it poofed out a bit with the layers of tulle. One look at the price tag, Esther’s heart dropped into her stomach but goodness, it was such a beautiful dress, she couldn’t resist. It’d take a year to pay it off but it’d be so worth it.

After trying it on and finding it thankfully to be a perfect fit, she bought it. She burned a big, gaping hole in her credit card but this was a dress she’d keep forever. It made her think of her mom and she liked a memory like that.
Going home, she hung up her dress and stared at it while sipping just one glass of wine. She was showered now, her hair tied back so she was able to apply her make up easily—all she put on was eyeliner and some gloss—and she had an hour before she was to leave to make the ungodly drive out to his estate. It’d be worth it.

And in an hour later, Esther was dressed, wobbling on the two inch heels she was attempting to wear and walking out of her apartment and towards her car. Her hair was tied up in a nice bun if she said so herself, not tight, a little loose and had escaped tendrils framing around her face. She had a jacket to wear since it was a bit chilly and was now in her car, driving and her heart was thumping madly, she was so nervous. She hoped there was some alcohol of some sort. Not that she was dependent on it. No…of course not.

"Sir, it is the night of, guests will be arriving soon, and you've still not given me a proper answer to the food and drinks!" Gerald protested following behind Harrison as the man picked across the floor.
"Surprise me Gerald. Throw wide the cellar doors, and break out the top shelf stocks. I don't want a single liquor being served with less than thirty years behind it. For foods, I imagine Calli has been slaving throughout the day to prepare light food." Gerald sighed as Harrison finished speaking.
"That is true sir."
"See, this is why I don't bother telling you. She's going to do what she wishes, and nothing I say will change that. Saves time. As for a main, something with substance...what has she been scheming?"
"Something with pastry. She may have done small Cornish Pasties."
"And that would be splendid. Pass along my compliments, and have her make some extras for the staff."
"Very good sir. Anything else?"
"I feel like a bit of a shine tonight. Is the black silk ready?"
"Arrived fromt he tailor's today sir."
"Have it laid out. And Gerald, don't stint on the drinks. Everything is open for use. Even the ancient Glen."

Gerald sputtered a mment in shock, and Harrison put a hand on his shoulder, steadying the older man.
"But sir! That bottle is irreplacable! Priceless! It very well may be the last of it's kind!" Gerald protested.
"Then we'll make sure it get's to have a proper use. Have it brought to the drawing room, and we'll see how the night progresses. Now, if you'll excuse me. I have to get dressed for the gathering."

Harrison ran a hand along the side of the suit, marvelling at the smooth feel of it. Premium Grade 1 Mai silk. It had been a small ordeal just getting the thing made, but he loved it. Black and slick, classic English style of suit, but the silk lent it a very light shine in the right lighting. He smiled, and started dressing. Any excuse was a good one as far as he was concerned, letting him show off the new suit a little.

Aaron sighed, rubbing his hands together. Being a valet was nice in some ways, he got to drive a lot of nice cars. But on night like this, it was chilly, and he had to wait outside for the arrivals. He blew into his hands, adn resolved to ask for some kind of thermal gloves next time.

She had directions and her GPS and she made it to the estate in one piece, safely too. But now that she was actually there, Esther was more nervous. It had been one thing to go with Caughlin. It was just them and sure, they attended that concert with beautiful music among all his rich, dazzling friends of the elite. But she had the buzz of the music. And alcohol. Now, she was going on her own, she hardly knew Harrison and she felt incredibly inadequate. But hey, she could make it through this evening wearing a façade. She managed with Caughlin, she could manage again. Especially if there was alcohol.

Pulling her car up to the only means of getting it parked—valet—Esther killed the engine and stepped out, her keys in hand and shutting the door. She pulled the lapels of her jacket tighter and closer around her, as if she wanted to hide behind it and walked up to the valet post when her eyes widened a little bit. “Aaron?”

And it just got...more nerve-wracking.

Aaron picked himself up to his full height, and made it look as though he'd been stoically bearing the cold without complaint or issue. Appearances and all. The car that pulled up was not like the others he'd been parking. it was...normal. No trimmings, expensive European construction, just a normal car. And he had to admit that he liked it all the more for it. Maybe a normal human being inside of it too! That would be a switch. A woman got out, and he smiled, before the smile froze on his face. I will be dipped in shit and rolled in breadcrumbs. Probably one of the last people I expected to be here. He thought to himself.
"Esther. Or sorry, Miss Martin! You, uh, may remember from your last visit that this is actually my job. So um...welcome! Gerald is inside, and will direct you to the others that have arrived. Glad you could make it." He managed, taking the keys from her. Sometimes having to go park a car made for a fine escape from an awkward situation. He had to maintain the right propriety though, adn couldn't step into the vehicle until she was well on her way to the building.

He thought she’d forget? Well that was a bit of a slam and it made her smile that was too bittersweet to smile. “I wouldn’t forget. I-I don’t forget.” She swallowed uncomfortably. She thought maybe she’d be at ease. Seeing him again but it was awkward, more so from him than her. Or maybe it was both. It wasn’t her fault. She was already nervous to begin with. She felt like she shouldn’t be here. In fact, what the hell was she doing here? Esther was really contemplating just taking her keys back from him, turn around and get the hell out of there, curl up with a pint of ice cream and a sappy movie again. It was a real dilemma since surely it would just be laughable for her to be there. “Thanks.” Was all she said, abandoning her attempt at a last-ditch effort and nodded to Aaron before making her way to the door. She figured she could just walk in rather than needing to knock or make a whole show that she was here. Hell, it’d be better if she could slip in undetected.

So she did that or well she tried to as she approached the door and it shocked her and almost scared her when they suddenly opened. Talk about looking like a deer caught in the headlights. She cleared her throat and pulled her jacket tighter around her and managed a weak smile. Stepping in, she looked around, once more stunned and amazed by the interior of this place. Normally, it made her feel better but considering she wasn’t the only guest there today, she was even more nervous. Her heart was racing and she was shaking inwardly. "Can I just go in?"

"It would be expected that you come miss Martin. It's good of you to come by, and good to see you again." Gerald said from teh door, stepping into full view, adn smiling at her. The older man was not one to try and cause anyone any amount of discomfort when it looked as though they were struggling a bit. "The guests are all meeting in the West Drawing room, which I think you've been to in the past. However, if you'd prefer an escort, I'd be happy to do so." He offered.

Aaron watched as Gerald took control, and he took the chance to slip into Esther's car, and quietly cruise it around the back of the house. One part of the garage was always emtpy, and as he approached, it tilted down, making a ramp that led to an underground parking section. It stopped there from being anything like a large parking lot in the back. It kept the area clean, and let the garden be shown off properly. The car rolled past a few Porches, a Ferrari, Lamborghini, and even a McClaren. It was impossible to say which ones were Harrison's, and which belonged to the guests. Aaron parked Esther's car, and sighed. It might look out of place down here, but damned if he didn't like the thing. Sometimes, a simple car was teh best way to go.

Wyn, Nathanial, Harrison, and a smattering of others had come already, adn were chatting aimlessly really. Harrison was taking stock of the small bar that had been set up, a tall dark haired woman tending it. She didn't much smile, but neither did she seem cold. She just poured and readied drinks quickly. She'd been working for Harrison for a few years, and had always shown herself to be very efficient at her job.

Back
Top Bottom