Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Overneath the Path of Misinterpretation (Alvis Alendran&Malicious Lullaby)

"So after that, I can only guess you're felling rather...we, betrayed is the only word that springs to mind. And after hearing all of that, I can only guess you plan to go inside and tear Mallory apart." he paused then, giving her the chance to correct him. When she really didn't, he continued. "So, if you're going to go as far as I think, I'm assuming you plan to toss Mallory out of the apartment. And that you'll expect her to do it pretty quickly. If that's the case it...might be a good idea to give her the space to get it done." He was wondering why the hell he was investing so much in this one moment. Maybe because Mallory was his soon to be former secretary? Or his now ex-lover? One way or another, he wasn't wrong, adn he had an idea. "You could...take the weekend as a kind of vacation. Get away from things. Take the time to clear your head out a little?" He suggested.

She only had to nod her head. He was correct about she about to ream Mallory a new one. He was even more correct that she intended to kick Mallory out. However, what she wasn’t expecting was him to have her basically offer some sort of mercy. Not just do all that and kick her out and expect her to be out in that moment. No, but give her some time to find a new place. As far as things went, Esther felt Mallory had no right to such mercy but while Esther might be severely pissed off and betrayed, even the part of her that still had some good sense in tact knew it’d be just plain lower than low to expect someone to do all that in one day. To be kicked out and find a new place in the same day she was kicked out.

Cracking her neck, which felt so good but also made quite a sound, Esther exhaled coolly through her nose. “I can see why you’re a lawyer Mr. Trenton. You have good sense.” She nodded slowly and then looked down at her hands. “I suppose I’d lose myself entirely if I didn’t let her do that.” She had some saved up where she could go to a hotel, the kind that had great facilities. She’d be able to afford it and it was just for the weekend. “I saved up enough to be able to enjoy a weekend at the Plaza Hotel.” She shrugged. “I can go there. But she better be out of my apartment by the time I come back Sunday night.” It wasn’t even their apartment. It was Esther’s. Mallory hadn’t paid rent for three months, the last two months making Esther pay for them both. So really, it was more Esther’s than Mallory’s.

“I can do that.” She said it even quieter now, as if having to convince herself when all she wanted to do was kick Mallory out and give her no mercy. But then her mother would roll over in her grave ashamed at her daughter.

A thought struck Harrison. It was a bold move, and not one that he'd normally consider, but at this moment, he couldn't really come up with a better way to make sure that Esther didn't lose patience, and come back to check on things with Mallory. And besides, he did enjoy her company.
"Let me do you one better Esther. There's a good sized estate outside of town. It's large, it's quiet, adn it's away from everything. You wouldn't have to worry about anything at all. The staff there would take care of things. You could just relax, take in the view, and spend some time just...reconnecting with yourself." He offered. He was keeping back the part where he owned the estate. But that wasn't important to the situation. What was important was that Esther get some time to herself.

Her head shot back in his direction almost immediately, she could have given herself whiplash. Could have. She was shocked and taken back and her mind, for the first time since what Chad told her, was now only thinking of how much she would pay. She’d of course offer some kind of payment. She’d have to. Naturally of course, she didn’t think that he owned it. “Um…” Wow that was really nice. “Well that sounds a lot better than the Plaza Hotel.” She never thought she’d say it because since she moved to New York, she dreamed of being able to just step into that place with a reason of course. “How much would it cost?” She asked, thinking it was some really fancy bed and breakfast kind of place.

Harrison smiled. Esther was rather well adjusted when ti came to figuring that nothing good came for nothing. And more often than not, she was right. But right now, he felt that she'd already paid enough.
"The owner and operator of the place maintain quite close connection with my firm. I've essentially unlimited access to it, so there wouldn't actually be a cost. You would just...go away for the weekend out in the country. All you'd have to bring is a packed bag of clothes. Everything else woul be provided." He explained. Nothing he'd said was in anyy way untrue. It was skirting around the truth, dancing with on the edge of a nife, but still not untrue. "How does that sound?" He asked, pulling in to park in front of her building.

Wow. Imagine her luck. She smiled and it was a full and real smile, almost bright. Almost. “Okay. I can be down with that.” That was an understatement but she wasn’t about to get over excited about it. She knew the country in New York was beautiful. She often wondered how it could be in the same state as such a hustle and bustle of a city like Manhattan but if she questioned everything, she’d get nowhere. “I won’t turn down an offer like that. It’s pretty prime and golden.” She nodded. “Thank you Mr. Trenton.” She was already looking forward to it and it momentarily made her forget about her anger. Momentarily until she saw they were parked outside of her apartment building. All the rage came back.

Undoing her seatbelt, she got out of the car. She wasn’t sure if Harrison wanted to come up. She wouldn’t blame him either way for the cat fight that was about to erupt. She hightailed it up to her apartment and burst through the door. At that time, Mallory had just come out of her room, dressed in a way that screamed of her deviance—meaning she was certainly dressed for a bar scene with her new thigh high suede Christian Louboutin boots and had pulled her hair over her shoulder.
“Hey Esther. How did your—where did you go?”
“You know that guy who had been asking about me? Showed up at the school and showed up outside of our apartment building?”
“Yeah.”
“It was Chad. You remember Chad right?” By now it was clear she was seething, taking dangerous steps to Mallory who had good sense to step back.
“Esther I can—“
”Don’t!” She yelled. “I know what you two did.”
“Okay but hear my side of the story at least.”
“So you don’t deny it.” Mallory went silent. “You don’t deny that you slept with Chad, who was my best friend and boyfriend at the time?”
“He slept with a bunch of other girls.” She still didn’t deny it.
“Do you deny it?!” She practically barked.
“N-No.” She stuttered not because she was afraid but because she felt so guilty.
Esther scoffed and she stepped back, her hands coming up into her hair. “How could you?” She barely managed to whisper it out, her voice breaking.
“Esther—“
“All these years, I put up with your shit. I was there for you. I paid your rent. Even all the years you practically dangled your latest conquests in my face, I pushed it off because I was just happy for my best friend.”
“Esther—“
“Even with Mr. Trenton. You two were loud. Really loud! I went with you to the bar and you made it clear you didn’t want me there. I slept out on the fucking balcony Mallory. You fucked him in the middle of our apartment!” She was crying. Frustration, anger, betrayal, sadness, all of those emotions were coming into the forefront like one big emotional nuclear bomb.
“Esther—“ But Esther didn’t cut her off. Mallory’s voice broke. “I’m so sorry.”
“No.” She shook her head, laughing, but it was the kind of laughter that wasn’t aimed at anything particularly funny. “No, you’re not.”
“Yes I am. I’m your friend!”
”No! Because if you were really my friend, you wouldn’t have slept with my boyfriend. If you were really my friend, you would have told me immediately that you did. You wouldn’t have waited almost five years—in which case you still didn’t tell me! I should have heard it from you, not Chad!”
“What about last night? You held me when I was upset. You were such a great friend.”
“I know. Because I’m an actual good friend. Whereas you…” She trailed off and wiped her eyes, shaking her head. “I want you out.”
“Esther—“
“You have all weekend to get the fuck out of my apartment and get your shit out of here. When I come back, you better not fucking be here.” A lot of f-bombs.
“But—“
Esther held up her hand, silencing her of any excuses. “Nothing you can say can change anything. We’re done.” She stepped back from her, holding both hands up as if she had just washed her hands of Mallory. “I’m done.”

Harrison bided his time, waiting down in his car. He didn't leave it running. The old lincoln was something of a pig on fuel, and he didn't need to encourage it to watse gas. Especially if he was going to drive Esther out to the estate. But he wasn't wasting his time either. His phone was out, adn he did some work. Checked the work email. Replied to a few. Let Lloyd know he'd done what he had to with mallory. General things. And then, he hesitiated, but sent a text message back to Hrothgar. Asking him to look in on Mallory, or if he was willing, to help her move things. After all, an extra pair of hands went a long way. And Hrothgar was one of the biggest pairs out there. After that, Harrison leaned back in his seat, wondering when all of his texts would be dealt with by the recipients.

Lloyd checked his phone, seeing that Harrison had done what was needed of him. he nodded. Not a good situation all around, but one that did need to happen. He put the phone away, and checked his scheduler. He'd been meaning to have a drinking party with harrison. After all, they each had a bottle of something to share with the other. but frankly, he wanted to give his old friend a little space after the last meeting they'd had. He sighed. He'd not heard back from his last date. he wasn't too surprised, people were busty creatures, and had things to do. Still, he'd enjoyed himself out with her. And Caughlin Lloyd didn't spend too much time on the town these days. He only hoped Esther was enjoying herself, whereever she was.

Esther busied herself while Mallory kept tailing her, begging if they could work this out, talk this out. But Esther shut down and did what she usually did best; she stayed quiet. She grabbed a duffel and put in a weekend’s worth of clothes in, toiletries needed and then shoved her work bag in the duffle. It might have been a weekend away but she still needed to do grading and make sure she kept up to date. The last thing to go in her duffel was her laptop along with her mouse and battery charger. Making sure her phone charger, iPod and earphones were in there as well, she zipped it up and held it as she walked out of her room and towards the door.

“Esther, please.”
“Mallory if you want to do me a favor, if you want to do anything for me, then you’ll do this. Please.” It was a calm and shaking request on her part since part of her felt like she could cave and forgive her friend. But if she did, it’d give Mallory the idea that she could get away with this kind of shit anywhere and always be forgiven. She had to learn and this was the only way.

Mallory could only nod her head and Esther grabbed her keys and walked out of the apartment. She shut the door and locked it and went along her way, soon emerging from the building and was actually stunned to see Harrison’s car still there with him in it. She walked to it and opened the back passenger door where she deposited her duffel on the ground before shutting the door and getting into the front. “So…you’re taking me to the estate?” She asked. “I mean, you don’t need to. I can drive myself there if it’s too much of an inconvenience. I’m sure you have better things to do.” She laughed only so slightly but it was apparent it was a sort of forced laugh as the laugh, smile and emotion of it didn’t even reach her eyes. She was holding on as tight as she could until she was in her own confines and maybe could cry to let it all out. It was healthier than doing something stupid in an rage-induced state of mind.

"It's not an inconvenience at all Esther. And besides, this way I can know for sure that you made it safe and sound." Harrison said calmly. It was pretty clear that Esther was still not in the best mindset, but it was enough for him that she seemed to at least not have flown apart at the seams. He eased the car out, and put it in the right direction. He'd learned a few shortcuts for getting out of the city. If he was being honest with himself, it had been a long time since he'd taken anyone out to the estate, for any reason. Esther was about to become one of the fortunate few.

The city was fading. Gradually turning from the towering structures to smaller and smaller ones, until they were in the suburb areas. Even these started to fade away, until now they had entered more open areas. Rolling hills, open fields, streams and patches of woodland. One had to go pretty far out of the city to find a place like this, but Harrison had never found it too terrible. Sure enough, he spied the low walls that marked the start of his property at the estate, adn smiled. As he began to pull into the lane, it felt a bit like coming home.

Esther managed a weak smile, but it was real enough that it did reach her eyes, if a small glimmer. “Thank you Mr. Trenton. I really do appreciate all of this.” She felt bad considering the only reason she even knew him was because of Mallory. But just because Mallory got her a lawyer to help with her case, didn’t mean it negated everything in the past and made things okay. No. It didn’t. It really didn’t.
For the duration of the ride, Esther sat back and relaxed, as much as she could. Yet she still felt like she was buzzing with so many emotions. Really overwhelming emotions.

Mallory grabbed her bag and her keys and she left the apartment, slamming the door on her way out. She locked it up and then hurried down to her car where she got in and drove at high speed to the nearest bar. It was across the street from that little boutique that sold designer items for pretty cheap, even had sales. It was a pretty chill place in Brooklyn. Parking, she got out and walked inside, nodding to the bartender whom she knew because she often frequented this place and sat at the bar. Without having to even ask for one, a vodka martini was soon placed in front of her. “Keep ‘em coming Sly.” She said as she lifted it up and took a long sip which did nothing to put her at ease.
“Rough day?”
“Try rough weekend. The worst.” She grumbled.
“I got you covered Mal.”

Esther opened her eyes as she saw them pull onto a property that seemed far too grand to be part of New York but at the same time, not too surprising, considering it was New York. She sat up and her eyes glued to the grand structure and her jaw dropped. “A-Are you sure it’s okay I come here? It’s really…” She gulped. “Big.” For lack of a better word.

Harrison smiled at Esther's response. Big. The word scarcely did it justice. Three stories, it was built in the classical style, it wouldn't have looked out of place in the Old World, alongside the great monstrosities of old. He put the car in park.
"Of course it's all right Esther. I wouldn't have brought you out here if it wasn't. Ah, and see? The staff is on the way to take care fo the car, and show you to a room." He said calmly, stepping from the vehicle. The valet, and two house servants approached. Servants they might be, but they were still dressed immaculately, neither of them would have raised a second glance at some of the finer black tie establishments Though, contrary to how one normally expected a serving staff, these people all wore bright smiles. The valet winked at Harrison.
"Keys still in it?" He asked.
"It's still running genius. I'd hope so." Harrison snarked. The valet shook his head and sighed, a little embarassed at missing that.

Mallory's arrival did not go unnoticed at the bar. With a careful look, she was being sized up as she worked through a few more drinks. At the rate she was going, she'd be drunk enough that the place wouldn't be able to serve her. And that was likely a fine time to introduce her to the small group. Darien let himself smile slowly. It might prove a good night in the end.

Esther smiled a sheepish smile. Somehow she got the feeling that even Harrison thought the word ‘big’ didn’t suffice either. It’s okay. She agreed but it seemed adequate enough in the moment. Nodding to his assurance, she got out of the car and grabbed her duffel from the back seat, holding it at her side. The exchange between Mr. Valet Man and Harrison made her have to put her hand to her mouth to suppress a giggle. Instead, she turned to the two bright smiling staff members and wished she could mirror their bright smile. But she couldn’t. She managed a stronger smile than the one she smiled at Harrison in the car but it was still weak. “Hi. I’m Esther Martin. A pleasure to meet you. I promise to not be in your hair for too long.”

She finished the first vodka martini in the span of fifteen minutes. The second one was polished off in ten minutes. Then the third came and the drinks went by so quick that by the time she was on her fifth one, she swore she was starting to see double of Sly. So she started sipping. But even with the sipping, she was already on her sixth one soon enough.
“How you doing Mal?” Sly asked.
She smiled a lazy drunk smile and nodded her head.
“I’m going to have to cut you off soon.”
“What? Why? I can still count!” She said this as she sipped her sixth martini.
“Yeah? How many fingers am I holding up?” He held up three.
She narrowed her eyes for a moment since she was seeing six but she wasn’t drunk enough to forget there were only five fingers on one hand. “Three.”
He snorted. “I guess I can give you one more. But that’s it.”
“Fine.” She grumbled miserably as she sipped her drink once more before downing the lot. Yeah she really was trying to get wasted out of her mind. She didn’t want to remember any of this but she knew she had to. She had to find a new place and pack her stuff. That’s what Sunday all day was for. If anything, she could find a deal on storage and put her things in there and then crash at a motel until she found a place. That seemed like a plan for such short notice.

The servants chuckled at Esther's words.
"Oh, don't you worry about it. Without people here, we've not much to do! Welcome Esther." One of the servants said, nodding to her, and extending a hand. "May I take your bag?" She asked. harrison stepped around the car, and let it drive away to the hidden parking area. It kept it from being an eyesore. The other servant cocked her head.
"No bags sir?" She asked.
"Impromptu visit. I'll stay a little while, make sure Esther is siutated, but she very well might want some privacy." He explained.
"Very good sir. I've taken the liberty of airing out the master bedroom, just in case."
"Thanks Grace. I don't pay you enough to be this thougtful."
"No, you don't. But then I do get to live in a mansion, and eat rich meals every day. So we'll call it a wash?"
"Deal." Harrison chuckled, and stretched. it was good to be back.

Darien slid towards the bar, seeing Mallory was pretty well trashed. He waited until she finished her drink, and watched as the bartender shook his head. Legal issues and all It was Darien's moment.
"Haven't seen you in here too often, and if I guess right, you're looking to not have to think for a while." He said calmly, not bothering to be too terribly smooth with her state of inebriation. "And if Sly won't offer you another drink, I know a place uptown. They won't cut anyone off. Interested?" He asked. He flicked a hand to Dale, who nodded. The big man moved off to get the car. If they were taking her to the bar, they'd want to do it quickly.

Esther blushed a little bit. “Thank you.” She said softly, only very reluctantly passing off her duffel to the woman. She worried it might be too heavy as she didn’t want to weigh her down, not saying she couldn’t handle it, but that was Esther being Esther. Worrying over anything. It was a wonder she hadn’t gotten cancer yet since it didn’t take much to make her stress out. But that’s why she was at this place. To relax and have a weekend away that was much deserving.

She found the exchange with Harrison and the staff odd but then she pushed it away. He did say that this place was linked to the firm and considering he was a partner at the firm—wait a minute. He was a partner at the firm, a title partner. So he or another partner must own this place. She thought for a moment that he owned this place. She was pretty sure but to not start going out of her mind that Harrison brought her to his home or to one of his properties, Esther ignored that nagging detail. She’d interrogate him about it later. Once she got a good, long cry out. She was thinking a long shower or bath. Yeah, that always helped. Hide the evidence of tears with some kind of water…refuge.

Mallory set the empty martini glass down and waited for Sly to bring another. When he did, she looked up at him and he shook his head. He said he’d give her a seventh one. But he never did promise. She frowned and started fishing her wallet out of her bag when a male voice was talking to her. Turning her head, a lock of hair crossed her vision diagonally and she moved it out of the way once she acquired her wallet, all the while listening to him speak. “Am I that transparent?” She wasn’t even put off by his claim. No, because it was the truth. She was looking for a mean to escape, to not think, to not feel.

He said the magic words because her eyes lit up and a hint of a grin formed on her face. “I think you need to take me to this bar.” She agreed. Sly came over to take her card and was soon back with a bill. Mallory wasn’t so far gone that she couldn’t write in a tip, a little less than usual because Sly denied her a seventh drink but maybe he’d learn. She was a vengeful drunk apparently. Once she got her receipt, she put her wallet away in her bag and slid off the barstool and turned to the guy. “Shall we?”
She didn't make it a habit to leave a bar with a stranger. But then again, she didn't make it a habit to drink until she didn't know her own name either.

Teh servant led Esther into the mansion. And if anything, the interior was mroe grand than the exterior. Stairs led to teh second floor, two flights, in a wide, sweeping arc to either side. Polised white marble with fleck of gold shone as though it had been polished. Which it likely had. The servant was carrying the bag with a practiced ease.
"This is the Grand Foyer. The firm has held quite a few meeting in here for the distniguished guests." She supplied, the servant apparently feeling a bit shatty. She led Esther up one of the flights of stairs, before making a right turn, and elading her down a hallway. The lighting was a bit muted, giving a cozy, homey glow to the place. Dark walnut trim sat around each door, and along the floors. The servant stopped at a door, and unlocked it, pushing the door open. "This will be your room while you're here with us. Bath room is through there, you'll find a full bath and shower. Closet is there if you like, and teh rst is fairly self-explanatory. Did you need anything else?" She asked. The room itself was slightly larger than Esther's apartment. A huge, king sized four poster bed that still seem small when put into a room this size. A wardrobe stood tall, made of a black wood that gleamed in the low light. It was...quite a place.

"Absolutely!" Darien was pleased. It had gone easier than he'd thought! He'd been thinking she might need a little convincing, but apparently, the thought of no cut off was enough. Dale had brought the car around. Not the nicest looking thing, but it ran fine. He held the door open for mallory, and let her get in. He piled in with Dale, and they got moving. "I'm Darien. The driver here is Dale." Dale absently waved a hand. The bar really was close by by car. Barely a ten minute drive through some back roads to avoid traffic, and they were there. The place looked like something of a seedy dive, but Darien doubted Mallory would be able to notice that. He opened the door of the car, adn led her inside. It was actually quiet. Not many people had come in here, though Darien waved absently to a table with more people that all waved back.
"Barkeep! Set the lady up with...vodka martini I think she was drinking." The bartended simply raised his eyebrows, and Darien nodded. It was a vodka martini all right. Just spiked with a little mroe potent booze to make it hit harder. If Darien wanted to help her get drunk along the way, might as well let him.

Walking into the place, Esther caught a glimpse of the inside and nearly tripped on her way in. Holy hell! No, not hell at all. But heaven! But still! It was grand. So grand she felt incredibly out of place. If Harrison owned this place then she could understand just how well off he was. And that was putting it lightly.

Once inside, her eyes traveled over the grandiose splendor, her eyes looking like they might pop out of her head and she was so busy trying to get an eyeful, if she didn’t look where she was going, she’d either land flat on her face or bump into something really, really, really expensive and never be allowed here again.
She followed up the staircase, still drinking in everything until she was showed her accommodations for the weekend. She stared as if she just might keel over from the shock. It seemed too much, she had never stayed in such a grand and beautiful place. The Plaza Hotel was a seedy motel compared to this place. She wondered if this is what Buckingham Palace looked like on the inside.

Walking inside the room, as the servant lady spoke, Esther heard not a single word. It all seemed to go through one ear and out the other as she took in the place and only when absolute silence fell over the room, did she realize she had been asked a question. Facing the woman, she had a look of guilt on her face for not hearing her. “I’m sorry, what? I-I got distracted and didn’t hear a word you said.” Which was true and she didn’t mean it in an insulting way at all.

Mallory had no idea really what was going on. She just knew she was going to a place with a relatively attractive guy where she wouldn’t be turned down on her drinks. Her eyes remained half closed the entire drive and she almost missed what Darien, as he now introduced himself, said but caught it at the last moment. “Nice to meet you both. I’m Mallory.” She had a slight bit of a slur going on but nothing so bad that she wasn’t unintelligible or couldn’t be understood.

She was gone enough to the point that when they got to the place, she walked in with Darien without a hitch. Sitting down, and she was very happy to be sitting down because she learned that with walking it felt like the world was on a turntable, Mallory set her bag beside her and made sure it was at her side always. Though give her more drinks and she might soon forget, along with her own name. A dazzling drunk smile appeared on her face and she nodded. She’d have more martinis and then go into a world where nothing hurt. She was in pain, yes. She almost got raped one day, the next day she got dumped and kicked out of her apartment. Mallory was having a really rough start to her weekend so far.

The servant grinned.
"That's...not uncommon to be honest. Bathroom with bath and shower through there." She pointed to a door on one wall. "And if you need anything at all, just give me a ring." She pat a small button on the wall marked 'Call'. "If I'm not around, then someone will be. There's a staff member avaiable for you twenty four hours a day. Did you want anything now, before I leave you to settle in?" She asked, that amused grin still on her face.

Harrison stood on the back porch area. He could have lplayed tennis on it. The head of staff stood beside him.
"Gerald." Harrison acknowledged as teh older man stopped beside him.
"Sir. If I may ask?" Gerald asked, his voice a little dry and raspy. He was well into his seveties.
"Anything at all."
"The lady. What is she to you?"
"Now? A former client who's had a rough week or so. And bringing her out here seemed the safest idea I could come up with."
"So maintain her a room?"
"Of course Gerald. I'm not out here to try and sweep her away." The older man nodded, adn stepped back.
"Of course sir. I'll make arrangements for tonight's dinner."
"Keep it simple, will you? I'm in the mood for nothing elaborate."
"Very good sir."

Darien watched as Mallory started into that martini. Damn but this girl could drink! It was a delicate balance to walk. Getting her drunk enough to be a lot of fun, but not so much that she passed out or threw up. But he was good at it, and the barkeep was on his side anyway. He slid a bit closer to her. He idly ran a hand along her back.

Dale sat with the other, watching as Darien started into Mallory.
"He's good, I'll give him that." Dale admitted.
"Fuckin' right. He's the best at this shit." One of the other men, Phil, declared. Dale only rolled his eyes.

"You know Mal...you don't mind if I call you Mal, do you? It seems to me that if you're having a rough time, maybe what you need is...a release. Do something you wouldn't normally do to shake things up. Make you feel a little bit alive, you know?" Darien suggested, his hand coming down her back, finding the bottom of her shirt, and sliding a finger under it, getting a feel of the smooth skin there.

Esther blushed. That was embarrassing, but it helped knowing she didn’t seem to be the only one that thought this way. No, she had never been in a place like this. This would have been like a dream. To even step into a place as grand at this estate. But she wasn’t going to complain or question anything or even try to wonder why. No, she was just going to accept it all and let herself soak away in her one vacation she’s had since before she graduated. She deserved this. But this time she also listened when the woman explained where the bathroom and shower were, also letting her know if she needed anything. Nodding her head, Esther smiled a smile that showed just how truly grateful she was. It was as if she was part of a program like Make a Wish and this was her wish being granted. A vacation. It was only a weekend but a lot could happen in a weekend than she realized. “Thank you so much. Um, I’d love to eat something. When will dinner be? And um…does Mr. Trenton own this place?” Curiosity killed the cat, sure, but she was dying to know.

Mallory could certainly drink when provoked or needed to and after today, getting sloshed was the only real way of therapy she could think of. She didn’t want to talk to anyone. Her training with Hrothgar didn’t start until next weekend and she already settled on having all her stuff go to storage while she lived in some rinky-dinky motel for a while until she found a proper place to live. So she’d drink and lose herself completely. She had nothing else. So why not just let it all go? But that part was the drunk part of her that just didn’t care. That if she could, she’d probably rid the world of her existence since she was that vile.

After downing that martini she had been given first and was waiting on the next one, she let herself relax a bit, let herself feel the effects of that drink from this bar. She wasn’t sure if she was really that drunk or if it was just strong but she was feeling it a lot stronger. But she wasn’t done drinking. No, she didn’t have nearly enough. She still knew her name.

Feeling a hand on her back, she turned her attention to Darien and smiled a drunk smile that did not reflect back up to her eyes. “By all means.” She was Mal after all. Mal meant bad. Malicious. It was associated with every word that wasn’t something good. She wasn’t anything good. But she listened to him and somehow she was able to process what he was saying, enough to be curious. Considering she wasn’t drunk enough if she could actually understand what he was saying. “Hmm I do feel pretty dead. I guess I might need a way to feel alive. But I also need a reason to want to feel alive. So do tell me what you propose and I’ll give it some consideration.” She slurred but still, it wasn’t a bad enough slur where she couldn’t be understood or speak coherently.

The servant smiled.
"We usually eat a little later, so it should be ready in about three to four hours." She explaine,d before hesitating a moment, thinking about how to properly answer her other question. Did he own it. She opted for the shock and awe approach. "Well, the depends. If by own, you mean bought the empty land, assisted in the plannign phase for the constuction of the mansion and the out buildings, personally selected the garden plants...then yes. He owns the place." She said with a smile. "Though I should warn you, from the way he was talking, I think he's imagining you want some privacy, so without an invitation he'll probably be going back to the city after dinner. If you just want the time to yourself, than by all means. But if you want the company, you'll have to ask him." She said with a smile. "And if that will be all...until you need me next miss." She bowed, adn walked from the room.

Darien waved to the bartender, and Darien moved two fingers. The berkeep made a very special martini. It had a shot of a speically made liquor. Extremely potent, but refined in such a way to render it without taste. Good for spiking the drinks. He set that one down in front of mallory, and set a s normal one in front of Darien.
"Well, for a start, have a drink with me. Ands as for a reason, how's this. You're young. You're hot. And you have a guy here willing to buy you some drinks." Darien tld her easily, his hand not leaving her back. All that he was waiting for was for her to knock back that drink, and he'd be waiting the few minutes for it to kick in. by thne her judgement would be scrambled up enough to not realize fully what was going to happen. And that was when the fun began.

Esther’s eyes blinked a few times. Three to four hours? She put her hand on her stomach to maybe quiet the growling that came from it just at the mention of food to be served in a few hours. It was growling in protest. She tried not to call attention to it. So she just smiled and nodded her head. But to learn that Harrison did indeed own this place, she really hoped just as the land and the entire estate went and not that this was…his home.
“Right, thank you.” She nodded her head and watched as the woman walked out. Once she was gone, Esther walked to the door of the room and shut it.

Going to her things, she unpacked, basically putting everything on the bed before stripping down to nothing as well. She grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom. The towel dropped from her hands almost immediately. Wow. What a bathroom. But what caught her eyes was the beautiful large bathtub that sat separate from the shower. She cud cry. Then she walked forward and looked inside. Yup, bath jets. The gods and goddesses of fine bathing were smiling brightly down on her. She could cry. Not yet though. She drew a bath. She grabbed her bath stuff from her bag. Sweet smelling oils, comforting soaps and bath salts. She could smell the heavenly aromas and went to the lights, finding a dimmer. Ah, the perfect ambiance without needing to light a bunch of candles. Walking back to the tub, Esther climbed in and she sat back, having folded a second towel at the edge to perch her neck and head back on. Her hair was piled up atop her head and her eyes closed. Immediately, she drifted. So much for crying. Apparently she was exhausted.

Mallory picked up the next drink set before her but took her time with it. She was sipping on this one. After one tentative sip, she swallowed and glanced at Darien. A grin formed on her face and she tilted her head. “You think I’m hot?” That seemed to swell her pride enough a little bit but then again, at this point, she was so drunk, someone could say they loved her and she’d probably fall down to her knees and kiss the ground they walked on. “But if you’re willing to buy me drinks, I’d say you could have anything you wanted.” She spoke casually as she took another small sip. No, she wasn’t doing this on purpose. But if she downed that, she might throw up.

A servant walked to Harrison.
"Sir, Esther seems...a mite peckish. I was wondering if I might bring her a few thigns to snack on? Nothing big, just..." She trailed off under Harrison's stare. He nodded.
"Of course. I think some the stuffed buns are still in the itchen. Warm a few up, and take them to her." He paused. "You're Amy, correct?"
"Um, yes sir. I'm new to teh staff, I don't think we've actually met before."
"No, we haven't. But I make a point to know all of the employees that work here. You seem...thoughful, thorough, and willing to go the extra mile. I think you'll do well here." She beamed under teh statemtn, and bowed, quickly heading off to get the buns from the kitchen. Gerlad sighed.
"She'll be insufferable for a few days you know." Gerald pointed out.
"Good. You could all use a shot of exuberance from time to time."
"Of course sir." Gerald looked drained just thinking about it. Harrison could only smile.

Amy gathered the three stuffed buns, and had them warmed in the ovens. Rish white bread stuffed with a combination of minced pork and cheese, they were a little bundle of heaven. She wanted to filch one, but it would be poor form. Besides, she'd already eaten three today. She covered the buns on a tray, and carried them upstairs. The door was unlocked, so she slipped in. The bathroom door was a crack open, and Esther seemed to be half asleep in the tub. Amy moved a small table to beside the bath, and set it down. She lef the bathroom, and reached the door to the hall. Once through it, she purposely shut it with some volume, enough that it should jar Esther into a bit more awareness, letting her discover the stuffed rolls.

Darien saw the look on her face, and decided that now was the moment. It was make or break, and he was hoping this worked.
"If I didn't, woudl I do this?" he asked, setting his drink aside, and using the hand on her back to help pull her to him, and kiss her. It was a little rough, not so much skill as Harrison had, but it was packed with lust, and not a little bit of aggression. It was not a subtle thing, and let Mallory know exactly what he was looking for.

Esther was entering into her happy place via dreamland. That is of course until she heard something that was not in her dreamland but coming from reality. The sound of a door shutting, a bit hard. Her eyes fluttered open. She didn’t jolt awake. But soon the scent of something delicious and edible caught her nose and she sat up in the bath. She was a bit disoriented since she was waking up from a slumber which she did fall into, a real slumber. Not just closing her eyes and still being able to hear her surroundings kind of slumber. No, the kind of slumber where she was completely conked out.

Looking to the right of her, she saw a small table and found the source of that something delicious smelling, something edible. Her mouth watered and she reached over to lift the cloth, her hand dripping but thankfully not touching the stuffed buns. It was food. Instantly, she got out of the bath and grabbed her body towel that was nearby and stepped out, wrapping it around her, tucking it at the edge so it held up like a strapless dress. Drying her hands on the towel, she picked up the tray and moved out of the bathroom and placed it on the bed once inside the bedroom.

She moved quickly. Draining the tub, drying her body, putting on her comfortable clothes which were a fresh pair of lace panties, her sleep shorts and considering she wasn’t in her own home, a long sleeve white shirt with a small v-neck. She wore a bra underneath, completing the matching set to her panties. Yes, while she might not spend much, when it came to undergarments, she went for the comfortable lot. Matching sets. That way if she did have sex…well that was a big if.

Once situated, she pulled some piles of work to grade and took a bun and bit into it. She got distracted from her work to basically scarf down the three buns and within fifteen minutes, all of them were happily tucked in her tummy. At least that gnawing growling and hunger was gone and it allowed her to happily focus on her work. Which in the next hour or so, she finished all her grading, updated her grade book and saved the files to her laptop as well as her USD device before getting off the bed and finally leaving the solitude of her room. Time to go exploring!

Mallory was quite taken back. That she honestly wasn’t expecting but she did have a sort of idea of what he had been talking about. She just didn’t think he’d all out kiss her. But she wasn’t complaining. It was a good thing she was drunk enough otherwise if she was sober, she’d have standards. Leaning into it, she kissed him back. It was rough, firm but what she enjoyed was the lust packed into it. Slowly, she pulled away and her eyes blinked open. She nodded her head and sipped her drink. “I can work with that. Consider me game.”

Harrison was taking a small walk around the mansion. It was a big place. One could get a little lost f they weren't careful. He wondered if Esther was out and about. After all, she was in a mansion. Mansions were made for snooping aorund in. He'd be a touch disappointed if she wasn't. On an impulse, he wept up to the second floor, and caught a look that she was just emerging from her room. He smiled. He didn't want to intrude on her, but he also did have a certain amount of enjoyment from showing people around the estate.
"Hello. Is the room serviceable for you?" he asked her as he came close. Not so close as to be acting overly familiar, but not in a way that tried to put distance between tehm either.

Consider me game. Those words were exactly the kind of thing he'd been hoping to hear. The barkeep walked around the bar, adn flipped the sign around, marking the place as closed, adn locking the door. The blinds all turned opaque, blocking any view from the outside. Darien smiled. Now it was just him, Mallory, and the rest of his crew. He'd ease her into things, but by the end, it'd be a night she'd never forget.

"Well then Mal. Game on." He said with a grin. He had the thought of taking her into the back room, there was a cot in there for this kind of thing, but the place was locked down. Why not right here in the bar? He'd not had the chance to fuck anyone on the bartop, and he admitted he wanted to try it out. And here was Mal, a volunteer! He kissed her again, his hand sliding up her back. Darien was not wastig any time at all with what he wanted, fingers finding the clasp to her bra, and popping it loose before anything else. That right there was as firm a declaration as anything could be. When he broke the kiss, he grinned at her.
"Just relax Mal. And I'll make you feel beautiful." He promsied her.

Her head turned to the side and she smiled as she saw a familiar face in this fortress. “Hi.” She walked over to him slowly but stopped as he drew nearer. Her hands were at her sides and she nodded around. “More than serviceable. More than good. More than okay. Mr. Trenton, I don’t know how I’ll be able to thank you. Honestly.” She’d probably be saying thank you all weekend long. For many things.

Mallory was busy finishing the rest of her drink and when the martini glass was soon empty, she placed it back down on the bar top. It completely escaped her notice how the place suddenly turned in for the night. She didn’t notice that the door was locked now or that the blinds were turned to obscure any sight from outside. Instead, she turned her attention to the rather attractive man beside her and smiled a lazy, drunk grin. For all she knew, it was just him and her involved. She had no idea what was in store.

Leaning in, her lips met his and her hands moved around his cheeks. Not to be sort of affectionate but it was a pretty general spot for her hands to go when she was kissing. It wasn’t a special gesture. That’s just part of the package of how she kissed. While she was into it, it didn’t mean she didn’t feel his hand up her back, her bra clasp coming undone, feeling the relief of her bra constricting around her breasts. Especially with the outfit she wore. She chose a black lace halter top with a strapless bra underneath. As for her bottoms, she wore a red and black plaid mini skirt and wore a thong underneath, matching with the bra she wore. After last night, she decided to put her adventures of going commando to rest. And then to top it all off, she wore her new Christian Louboutin thigh high suede boots. She basically screamed, ‘Get me drunk and fuck me now.’

When their kiss broke, her hands withdrew from his cheeks and slid down to her lap and she nodded her head. “I’ll hold you to that Darien. Otherwise you can consider me sorely disappointed.” As if she was difficult to please.

"You're smiling Esther. That's thanks enough for me I think." Harrison said warmly. He smiled. "Would you like a bit of tour? Get to know the place a little? If you're to spend the weekend here, it would help if you could move around without getting lost." He put a little bit of a gentle tease into the last statement.

"Well, we can't have that, can we?" Darien said with a wink. He knew it might be lost on this woman, drunk as she was, but he just couldn't help it really. And he hadn't been lying earlier. She did look hot done up like that, the boots helping set th whole thing off. And he had a good thought she'd not dissapoint underneathe all of it. A hand went to her neck, pulling the top open, and letting it fall forward. The bra fell with it, and he grinned. A hand went to eeach breast, squeezing with some aggression, while he panned his sight around. There was a good table nearby, so he pulled her off of her stool, making sure he kept a good hold of her. He kissed her again, one hand going to the back of her head to keep her there, and th other went down fto get a handful of her ass.

Dale only smiled. Darien had put out the effort to spearhead this thing. he got first dibs on the girl. And then...it was time for the real dun to begin.

Back
Top Bottom