Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Survivor's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept a good eye on the soldier that was talking to me, expecting him to try something funny.
"What's you're name, soldier?" I asked cautiously, picking up my Tanto again and sheathing it.

I figured it'd be sketchy to go with the soldiers, but seeing as they offered me supplies, and the fact I was low on them, I had no toher choice but to ffollow.

The soldiers came back with the guy they found in the woods. "He's just a refugee looking for food, we'll take him back to the base with a few questions and give him some supplies. "Yes sir." I responed to the soldier. I then looked to the girl. "My name is Artyom, what's yours?"

"So... Who exactly are you guys? Don't exactly look the most peaceful bunch," I said examaning the guards.

I couldn't help but chuckle at Yoru's remark. "Well whatever suits you best I suppose." I then looked over to the new guy. "Well we are the Miltia of Order, we do our best to keep peace by fighting off people like the Red Line and the Revolotianries, people who only crave power. Trust me you"ll be glad you ran into us instead of them." I said to him smiling. I looked over over to Yoru. "So what sort of supplies are you looking for? Well, besides a gun and a decent knife, two things you obviously need." I said to her.

I tilted my head.
"Gun?" I asked. "I have a bow. And I don't want a new knife, I just want my Tonto sharpened." I paused. "Some decent arrows would be nice, too." My gaze turned to a glare. "No feathers. They annoy me."

"An archer? heh, that takes me back to the ol'days.. I haven't used a bow in years," I said chuckling lightly.

"Well arrows I'm afriad we don't have. And a gun, looke a long bow with makeshit arrows and a dull dagger arnt going to do you any good, you need a firearm that's your only way your gona make it agiasnt people like the Reds or the Revs." As I said that the team as well as the snipers came out of the building, one with a brief case. The captian told me in his drill sargent tone. "Were done here." He leaned in closer to almost a whisper. "You me, Francis' office at midnight." He said walking off. I looked over to the two. "You two want your supplies? Get in the jeep and we'll be off." I said to the two.

I stared at Arty for a moment, then went into the jeep, though slowly. I sat awkwardly in the jeep, as I was used to constantly having the Earth beneath me. I then looked to Arty.
"You have showers, right?" I called to him. "And something for washing clothes?"

"Hmp. Figures these kind of guys would have a car." I said as I walked over to the jeep. "Say, where exactly are we going?" I asked.

I hoped in the jeep. "Well yes we have showers, not like the virus took water to' and judging by your appearance you may be thankful for that." I said with a slight chuckle. "Back to base, or to be more specific, D6. Now get in the car and lets go we dont have all day." I said as the engine started up and I put my hands on the wheel.

I brought up my hand and closed it to a fist, keeping my birdie finger up and pointing at Arty as I knew he was making fun of my current hygiene.
"It's not like I had much choice on my bathing, being how I lived in this forest for seven years." I grumbled.

I chuckled to myself as I saw the girl's attitude towards the soldier. "I think I'm going to like you, girl," I said still chuckling.

I begun to drive the jeep off from the forest. "Now listen you two, D6 is a heavly armed, no nonsense place you will be monitored around the clock, so please just don't do anything stupid. I don't think thats gona be an issue though you two dont look like idiots. When we get there you just let me know what you need and I'll get it for you' anything within reason of course." I said to the two.

I glared to the guy with the rifle. He wasn't a soldier, obviously.
"And who might you be?" I said in a grumpy way, looking him over skeptically. After Arty spoke about the base, I waved my hand passively at him. "I won't do nothin' stupid if you don't give me reason to."

I couldn't help but chuckle at Yoru's behavoir and Sam's responce."Yoru calm down its just a joke." I said driving along the dirt road keeping an eye out. "So tell me, whats your stories?" I asked the two.

My glare intensified at Sam.
"You try living alone in a forest for seven years, knowing that your parents are dead." I growled. I then turned to Arty. "My story? Pretty simple: Virus came in, killed off half my town, I got away and lived in the forest."

I frowned.
"Kid, you think you're the only one here who's suffered pain? You try living on after seeing your family be slaughtered and you couldn't do a damn thing about it. I couldn't save them. I could only run. So don't spout that shit at me about pain. It won't affect one fucking bit." I said irritated at the girl.

I heard the two in the back bickering as I said. "Seems like you both have had your bad times, but let me tell you two something. I doubt you fuckers have any idea of the conflict for power thats going on right now between the factions. There is being more blood shed upon the streets every day. Kids, women, and good men die every day because of these power hungry assholes. Especially after a virus kills 60% of the race, you two arnt the only ones with a story ya know?"

My glare shifted to Arty.
"If it's so horrible, then why even goddamn try?" I barked. "And I don't want to hear your shit, Sam! I doubt you had to live off what you can kill for seven fucking years in a goddamn forest, where every night you could be fucking eaten!"

"Be lucky you're not in the city kid. You worry about animals, but you have food at your disposal. We go days without even news of food being given out. Crime is high. Murder all around. Remember, humans are the real disaster here, not this damn virus.. All this virus did was bring the worse out in man." I grumbled.

"Look, you two need to stop arguing. All thats doing is getting you pissed your not solving shit. We've all been through some serious hell but you two gotta get your damn act together or neither of you are going to survive for much longer out here. This isn't a quarentine zone or a forest oh no, out here you two gotta keep your heads and pull it togther or its death. I dont know what life was like in either of your postions, but out here is a soldier's war and the only way to survive is make friends. Look we're almost at D6, just dont kill each other, ok?" I said keeping my focus on the road.

I spat, it hitting a considerable distance from the jeep.
"Whatever." I grumbled. "You fucking quarantine kids, thinking you have it bad..." I looked away from everyone. "Try not having anyone to even remotely care for you or even acknowledge your existence for seven years..." My tone sounded hurt at that point, because.. well, it's hard going on for seven years knowing no one. Having no one to talk to, or anything. Just.. alone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom