Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Survivor's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I made my way into the hut I peaked out as the guards made their patrol aound the village. I got my bonaclures back out and tried to spy on Afran inside of his cabin. He was still talking to the Red officer. I had to stir up shit before the deal was struck. I looked around for any areas where the two could potentially escape from. Other then the front door, there didn't seem to be any. I grabbed a nearby can of gasoline and poured it all inside of the hut and quickly made my way out. Once a couple of gaurds walked in to investigate the noise I got out a match and tossed it in there, setting the hut as well as the gaurds ablaze. I made my way to another hut as the guards were distracted by the inferno and screams. I immediately raised up my AK and opened fire on the guards pumping two of them full of lead. I ducked back behind cover immediately as gunfire begun to rip through and sore right over my head. I hoped that the others would take this opportunity to attack from behind.

I noticed the mass commotion from the other side of the cabin that I was now behind, as well as the smell of ash and burning flesh. I took this opportunity to sweep around, and to the cabin, where I saw heavily armored people inside. I then punched a hole into the window, throwing a pipe bomb in that I had lit. After, I shoved my crowbar into the doorknob to keep it from moving, and stood under the window to push them back in if they tried to get out.
"This might kill me..." I thought aloud, but quietly. "But at least it helps others." I thought for a moment. "Arty... I hope he finds my letter I left at D6 if I die..."

Sylvia looked up quickly as she heard gunfire. "They must be having fun," she said aloud to herself in Polish. She rushed towards the sounds of gunfire and she found several guards shooting at someone. She figured it was Artyom since she knew he would act more brash. She reached down and pulled her pair of Judges out of their holsters. She opened fire with almost reckless abandon but she had a method to her madness. She hoped Artyom would provide some back up, but even if he didn't, the guards would be too confused to react properly.

I saw as a few of the guards begun to drop dead without my doing. I couldnt tell if it was Yoru or Sylvia, regardless I begun to fireback and drop a few more. Then I saw one of the guards chucked a pipe bomb my way. I immediately ran for another cover away from the explosion as the guards attempted to follow up with me on their aim. A couple of them managed to shoot me but my body armor mostly stopped it. I was in a lot of pain but at least I wasnt bleeding badly. I ducked behind a rock and loaded a new magizine into my AK and begun to open fire back on the guards agian dropping a few more.

I closed my eyes tight, knowing that the timer was up, and a decent explosion came from the cabin I was in front of, pushing me back from the shrapnel, and sending my crowbar flying, landing near Arty. I hit the ground hard, pushing the air out of me, and I felt a sharp wave of pain from the shrapnel of the cabin that stuck in me. The pain gave me difficulty in breathing, and I couldn't move. I just lay still on the ground, looking like a dead body, though without any armor, as my hoodie, as well as my jeans, were ripped pretty well from the shrapnel as we as parts of my skin, making me bleed.

Explosions rang out around the short Polish girl but she trained her deadly focus on the enemies. Guard after guard fell to the power and aim of her Taurus Judges. However, when the clips ran dry, which wasn't too long, she dropped her pistols then took her shotgun from her back then let loose with a few more rounds until the action died down momentarily. When she had a moment to collect herself, she retrieved her Judges and holstered them. However, she rushed towards the largest of the explosions while she had a moment. She didn't realize that Yoru had injured herself... until she saw her laying on the ground. First aid was not her specialty but she knelt down by her. "What the fuck did you do?!" she said to her.

As me and Sylvia finished off the guards I surveyed the area to make sure they were all dead. I begun to search around for Yoru, until I saw a horrific sight. I ran over to Yoru who was nearly dead. I almost broke out into tears seeing her in that much pain. "Sylvia help me treat her wounds." I said handing her a small roll of bandages as I got out some plyers.

I dimly looked to Sylvia.
"I..." I kind of chocked out. "Afran's dead..." My whole body felt like it was on fire. I felt the hot wood and glass that was from what used to be the cabin in my flesh. My clothes were heavily ripped, all the way down to the bandages over my breasts, which were slightly ripped themselves. I noticed Arty run up, seemingly crying, while passing bandages to Sylvia, and getting out plyers. I slowly took out the few bits of medical equipment that I've had, and let them just roll away from me toward the two. I then looked to Arty. "I'm.. sorry for.. being such..." I twinged a little, some tears welling up in my eyes from the pain of the blast, as well as internal pain. "...an annoyance..."

Sylvia put her hand over Artyom's and took the pliers. "Jack showed me how to do this and he was surprised at how well I did it," she said, her face as serious as ever. With pliers in hand, she went to work. She might have been small statured but she was quite dexterous and extremely skilled with all manner of tools and weapons. Her past experiences drove her to perfection with every new skill she learned. Anyhow, her dexterous hands were making quick work of the shards embedded into Yoru's skin. "Wrap her up so she doesn't go unconscious from blood loss," she said, still very serious without looking up from her work.

I was quite stunned at Sylvia's adept work with plyers, never the less I did as she asked and begun to bandage Yoru up with major care. "Come on love, your going to be fine." I said giving her a slight smile.

"You're not a bother. I'd be more of a bother than you are," Sylvia replied as she continued her swift work. Moments later, Sylvia had every splinter, every shard of glass and every piece of shrapnel that had embedded into Yoru's body. "At least we got the guy and we can find some useful items here."

"No dear, your no bother." I said bandaging Yoru up. "Dont worry, jobs done here. You just need to rest love." i said patting Yoru's head.

"No, you need to rest for a minute or you really will be a bother," Sylvia said, shaking her head as she forced Yoru down onto the ground again, but in an upright sitting position. Jack had done that to her many, many times in the past when she refused to stop but she eventually learned that rest is just as important as action. What good were your skills if you were unable to use them right?

"Alright, before we go scavenging anything, we need to get to the cabin Afran was in and see what the two were discussing. After scavaging I say we get to the nearest nutral town and contact D6." I looked over to Yoru. "You'll be ok right?" I said giving a slight smile.

"If they were discussing anything important, I think we're out of luck. Probably got blown up unless they have a black box," Sylvia said to Artyom, "You go look though. I'll stay here with Yoru in case she tries to move too much."

"Alright." I replied as I begun towards the cabin. I went inside as I heard the huts burning and collapsing behind me. I looked around, the whole place was ransacked. The bomb destroyed a lot of things but not the entire cabin. I looked over and saw the Red Line officer, right next to where Yoru most likely put the bomb, half his face was gone as the rest was all messed up. I went into the other room. Under the desk I saw a safe, but Afran was nowhere to be seen. I kept my AK out as I begun to try and pick the lock. Eventually I busted it open and found a small case next to some money and ammo. I opened it up. "Oh...my god." I uttered to myself.

I looked to Sylvia, knowing well that she wouldn't let me up. Since I had nothing to do now but wait, I decided to strike up conversation.
"So..." I began. "When did the virus hit your town?"

"Well, I didn't actually live in a town. I lived out in the woods with a man named Jack. He might as well have been my new father since he took me in, trained me and taught me how to survive in the most unforgiving situations. We didn't even know about anything until a report came on the radio," Sylvia replied then sat down and stared at the floor, "This damn virus took the only person I had in my life who seemed to care. I've been alone for years, trying to find some way to avenge my mentor. I know that sounds dumb but he was all I had since..." And she simply trailed off, not wanting to dive into the past she reviled so much. Her birth parents were dead and she knew that all to well. That night was a nightmare permanently etched into her memory...

I contuined to look through the plans as I pulled out a small vile from the safe and examined it. "Jesus...their going to harvest the virus...and unliesh on anyone who isnt with them. Those mother fuckers." I heard a voice from behind me. "Now you know why you gotta get to St. Louis."

I looked down, trying to avoid tearing up, though failing.
"Your reason is at least legitimate to stay alive.." I whispered. "Only reason I haven't let myself die yet is because I want to bury my parents... That's the only reason I go on with my life..." I then looked to Sylvia, a tear trickling down my left cheek. "You want revenge... all I want is a funeral for the family I had..."

"Revenge isn't my motive. Not letting the people who made my life hell is my motivation for staying alive. I don't want to give those people the satisfaction," Sylvia said, leaning back against the wall that was left, "I wouldn't give up if I were you. There's no reason to give up. If you lived through what I did, you'd think I should want to be dead but I'm still here. Don't give up so easily."

A few minutes later I walked out of the cabin and looked towards the girls as I headed towards them. I had a look of intense dread and anger on my face. As I got over to them I looked at them."Well, it seems, that the Red Line is trying to harvest the virus for themselves to use as a weapon. And that the main operations are taking place in St. Louis."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom