Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Emperor's Mistress ((Lady&Blair))

Holding Iris close, Alec sighed. "I know, love, but you will feeling better in a couple days. I'm sorry I had to hurt you." Leaning forward, her kiss hed head and moved his hand down to help clean up her inner thighs... Alec watched as Phedre came back with the drinks, smiling up at her. "How are you feeling?" he asked, looking concerned. "Iris knows." He glanced at his wife, then reached out to take Phedre's hand, pulling her to the edge of the tub. "Be honest... I need to know so that I know when to hire a couple more maids. You don't need to work too hard."

Ophelia looked up at him with a smile. "Really?" she said, looking happy at his compliment. Alexander startled her, and she looked up at him with flushed cheeks. She wished she could cover herself, but her hands were too full with the two nursing babies. "Yes?" she said, raising her eyebrows at him, "Everything okay, Alexander?"

Iris smiled a little."I knew it would hurt.Do not worry so."She muttered sighing as he helped her clean up before running her fingers through his hair, taking the glass from phedre.Sipping it, content to just rest as the other two talked. Looking worried about the maid to, wondering if she was pushing herself more then she should. Phedre sighed softly, flushing as she glanced at iris, looking embarassed that she knew,even if she knew the other had to know before focusing on Alec."I'm fine.Really.Tired, I probably shouldn't have done all the gardening, but I'm fine."She said shrugging a little.

Valerian nodded,"You are.Truly."He said sitting up before drawing a blanet up around her as far as he could without harming either child before looking at alexander. "No, your palace is falling apart my lord, with you not there, and the queen dead."Alexander said bluntly, wincing a little as valerian winced, his grief showing in his eyes. "I should go..."He muttered looking at ophelia, not wanting to but knowing he should.

Alec frowned a bit. "No more gardening," he ordered, "You are only to do light, indoor duties from now on. No heavy lifting either. I'll talk to Valerian about sending me a couple girls. He won't think much of it." He gave her a serious look, then looked her over. He was trying very hard not to let his erection inflate and let Iris know how much he also desired Phedre. It would be hard to hide in the bath, after all, but it was hard to not consider having both women at the same time. They were both young and beautiful, and he was starting to wonder if could ever care for one over the other...

Ophelia looked up at him and nodded. She was sad, of course, but she knew this wasn't the end. She knew he'd be back. "I know," she murmured, "Take care of what you need to... We will be fine, and we will talk about what needs to be done when you come back." She sighed, not ready to watch him go, but knowing it needed to be done. It just made her nervous... Shifting around, she pulled her sleeping gown up and cleaned the babies before standing and handing them to Valerian. "Give them another look before you have to go," she said with a smile, leaning up to kiss his cheek, "You may not be able to make it back for a while..." With that, she frowned, not thinking about Alexander still being in the room. The twins looked up at their father, Mara looking content and ready to fall asleep, and Arion looking serious as ever.

"okay. Does that mean no sex?Cause that's not a light duty."she teased sharing a look with iris, neither woman believing that she'd said it for a moment before they looked at alec, giggling a little.Iris flushed as she shifted a little in his lap, resting her head on his shoulder, blushing."If..if you want...I mean I know I wasn't that great.."She muttered looking flustered an embarassed at the idea. Phedre's eyes went wide as she considered the woman before her, before stepping back."No..no..."She said looking disturbed that she'd just heard that."You two need sleep."She said heading out of the room.

Valerian swallowed nodding a little."I know you will be. Alexander'll make sure you're well taken care of."He muttered bending, pressing a kiss to her forehead.Holding the babies in his arms he smiled a little, looking them over before nodding."I'll be back as soon as I can."He muttered standing, shifting the babes back into her arms before looking at alexander."Send for Alec."He ordered before walking out, needing it over quickly before he headed back for his own palace, looking nervous about what he would find.

"Do you need anything?"Alexander said looking at ophelia with worry, wondering what she would do now that Valerian was gone, and that the plan had blown up in his face. Knowing he needed to go see about getting alec, but focusing on the woman in front of him for the moment.

Alec looked a bit alarmed at what both women were saying. "Iris, you were wonderful," he said, shaking his head and kissing her cheek, "I... I wasn't admiring her because you didn't satisfy me. I just think you are both very beautiful women that I'm lucky to be around all of the time." He smiled charmingly at both of them. Looking up at Phedre, he nodded. "We are about to head to bed. Get some sleep in the morning, and tell one of the maids to bring breakfast instead, okay?" With that, he helped Iris out of the tub and grabbed the both a towel. It was clear that something needed to be figured out between the three of them, and he needed to have some privacy with Phedre as soon as possible. After all, he had been neglecting her since the wedding.

Ophelia blushed and shifted both children to rest their heads on each of her shoulders. "I'm starving," she admitted, "I haven't eaten since yesterday morning." She bushed a bit and looked down at the two babies, both fast asleep and content in her arms. She had no intentions of putting them down, either. Sighing a little, she looked up at the man who had been taking care of her the past couple weeks. "We still aren't sure how everything is going to be handled..." She swallowed hard, still looking a bit nervous about everything. It was clear she didn't suspect him of anything, and that was the worst part.

Iris slushed a little nodding t his words."Oh.Okay.Well then...she's right then. We should get some sleep."She muttered looking amused s phedre left the room."I will.Goodnight."Phedre said over her shoulder.

In the morning Phedre looked serious and worried as she walked into the bedroom,carrying a tray of food, waiting until alec got up before swallowing hard."Alec?There's a letter from the palace for you."She said looking a little worried as she handed it to him as he sat up. Worried because valerian had been so good about not working alec while he recovered, that it worried her to see a letter arrive now.

Alexander smiled a little before asking a maid to get food, sitting down on the bed ."I'm sure Valerian will know the best way to make sure that things are taken cre of quickly."He said reasonably, smiling as he took the tray of food from the maid, setting it on his knees as he held up a forkful of eggs for her."Here, I'll feed you."He said smiling a little, looking pleased tht she didn't suspect him of doing anything. Which pleased him so much to know thta he'd managed to not get his own hands dirty.Though he was curious to see what indeed had happened to the queen.

Alec looked well-rested as he sat up and took the letter. "Really? I knew he went to visit my sister, but I finished all of his work yesterday," he said, sounding a bit confused. He read over it a couple times before quickly standing up and slipping into some clothes. "I have to go to the palace," he said, "You two stay here. It appears that the queen is dead, and the situation is questionable. I don't want you two down there in case something happens..." He gave them both a longing look. "Take care of each other. Phedre, why don't you help Iris get comfortable? I'm sure she's sore... And don't even think about over-working yourself." With that, he rode up to the palace on is horse and walked into Valerian's office. "My lord? I'm... so sorry," he said, looking clearly shocked by the news. "Is there anything I can do?"

Right as he said that, the doctor walked in. "My lord, I have an update on the queen's questionable condition... I think you need to know something."

Ophelia giggled and allowed him to feed her the one bite, then shook her head. "You don't need to do that," she said, blushing. "Here, just take Mara. She sleeps a little sounder that Arion. She won't mind shifting around." Leaning over, she handed the baby to Alexander. It was the first time since he was able to see them, and it was a little odd that Alexander had come so close to being their legal father... She'd still do it for them if she knew it was right, but now that the queen was dead, she wasn't sure what they were going to do... Shifting Arion into her left arm, she took the fork and began to eat. "How did she die?" she asked, looking up it him with curiosity. After all, Valerian was too grief stricken to tell her.

"I don't know, a messager ust dropped it off."He muttered looking confused before nodding t his words. "Do not worry. I will take care of her. Express our condolances, and see that valerian is taken care of."She said watching him go before setting about taking care of iris.

Valerian nodded looking still stricken and off,but in control again."Help me get the next few days work out of the way."He said nodding towards the papers in front of him before looking up at the doctor as he walked in. Waving a hand towards the doctor he gestured for him to sit. "Sit. And tell us."He said looking up and leaning back in his chair.

"Ah, but what if I want to?"He said looking amused ven though he let her take the fork and took mara. Looking down at the small girl in his arms he pressed a kiss to her head before starting a little at the woman before growing serious."Posioned. Apparent suicide, though I am sure Valerian is going to have to figure out how to get you back to him, without it appearing he posioned his own work."He said smirking a little looking thoughtful wondering if Valerian had indeed posioned his wife. Could the emperor truly be that cold? There was a definate possiblitiy and of everyone, valerian was the one who most benefitted from his wife's death, though not the only one.Feeling upset at the woman's death, because she had been carrying his child, and he'd come to care for her

Alec nodded and sat down across from him at the large desk. "Of course, sir," he said, immediately going to work. He was a quick and efficient worker, so he's be putting his skills to good use for the man who had just lost his wife...

The doctor swallowed hard and nodded, sitting down on a nearby couch. "I just thought you should know, if it delivered any sort of peace," he murmured, "But I did surgery on the queen to see if I could find any information, and to see what came first - miscarriage or poison. I'll tell you now, that's something we are still trying to decide, but it's unlikely that the poison would make her bleed in such away. It would have been a very powerful dose... But I also noticed something right away. We took the baby from her stomach during the surgery, in order to give it a burial with her other lost children, and something occurred to me, my lord. The child was only a couple months along- three at most." He glanced up at the emperor. "She was not here during that time period, correct? You saw her before she left, and once to tell her of the mistress' pregnancy, I'm sure... Unless you had intercourse with her in the past three months, my lord, the child was not your's."

Alec froze during his writing and looked up at the other two men. Shock was evident on his face... The Queen was determined to give the ultimate revenge, it seemed, and that meant having Valerian hand over his emperor to a heir that was not his...

Ophelia looked started at his words. "Oh, my, that's awful..." she whispered, swallowing hard, "Yes, I assume that it will take some time for Valerian to decide how to handle it." She continued to eat, happy to have the company and glad that Mara seemed content with Alexander. Arion woke up snoozed against her shoulder, his mouth slightly open like Valerian's did when he slept... Once she was done eating, she set the tray aside and began to rock the baby back and forth, cooing at him when he eyes opened to look up at her. She, by no means, wanted Valerian to be gone, but she was happy with her children. If she had to wait for him, she would, and she'd keep company with the to innocent being he gave her...

"Thank you for taking care of me," she murmured, "Well, us... I hate imposing on you indefinitely like this."

Valerian stopped, staring at the man. "Well, it would be nice to know, but not overly important. She's still dead."He said before listening to the rest. Staring at the other man, staring down at the desk in front of him. A quiet stillness to him that spoke of a fury so instant and profound that he couldn't let it out. That he was beyond saying anything. "No. I did not."He said staring at the desk before standing slowly."I am going to the summer palace. Are you coming, or do you wish to stay?"He said the question aimed at alec, so calm and quiet, the man sounded actually civilized when he really was not.

Alexander nodded a little."It is."He said sighing quietly wtching the woman before smiling a little."But it means that you will be with him. Which is what you both wanted."he said looking thoughtful before sighing quietly and shrugging."You know that I do not mind you being here ophelia. I have enjoyed having you here."He sighed quietly, a small amount of grief in his bearing, but hoping she'd pass it off as just a solider greiving for his queen and not what it really was.

Alec looked up, then quickly nodded. He stood up and began to follow the man out, trying to keep up with his long, angry strides. "My lord, may I ask why we are going to the summer house?" he asked, looking confused and nervous. He slid into a chariot beside him and waited for some sort of response, still in shock at the news...

Ophelia frowned a bit, because she felt awful about all of this. She knew Alexander loved her, and it hurt that she could not love him the way he needed. These were times that she had wished things had happened differently. He would have made a good husband, and they might not have been living among such luxuries, but they would have also led a calm life. Reaching up with her free hand, she stroked his cheek and smiled. "You need someone to love, Alexander," she murmured, "You'd make a good husband, and you deserve to be taken care of." Leaning up, she kissed his cheek before taking Mara and setting her and her brother in their crib. "And you've been far too good to me."

Valerian glanced at the other man, for a moment looking disappointed that the younger hadn't made the same connection he had when he'd heard the age of the babe."My wife was sleeping with someone, in the months she was exiled to the summer palace. The servants may not gossip to outsiders, but they will tell me"He said his voice saying that if they didn't, someone ws going to be bleeing at the end of it. His fury clearing his head of shock. Shock, he'd feel later, now he was to furious.

Alexander smiled at her, sighing softly as he watched her, waiting for her to return to the bed, before wrapping his arms around her."I love you. And you need someone to take good care of you."He muttered hugging her before leaning back."Rest."he muttered pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Alec swallowed hard. "I'm sorry, my lord, I'm still shocked," he admitted, looking over at the man with sympathy. As they arrived at the palace, a yong maid came to the door. She was wearing black (like the rest of the queen's staff) in order to mourn Astrid's death. "My lord," she said, bowing politely, "May I get you anything? We are just getting things straightened up..."

Ophelia looked a bit surprised when Alexander took her into his arms. "Alexander..." she murmured, laying down and looking up at him with sad eyes, "You are a popular man. You have many more options than I." She reached up and stroked his cheek, feeling so guilty for doing this to him, having no idea he played a part in all of this that was happening. "I have children and all sorts of baggage you do not deserve to have to deal with. You deserve a young woman to dote on you and adore you and give you your own children."

Valerian smiled a little."I am sorry. I'm so used to being furious with her, that I forget not everyone can think as clearly."He shrugged sounding a little shocky himself before stepping out of the chariot, a pleasant smile on his face."You can get me my lady's maidservant, and something to drin, darling."he said calming down enough to be pleasant. Knowing that it wasn't their fault that Astrid had done this.

Alexander sighe softly watching her."But I want you.And you deserve better then a emperor's sometimes attention."He said softly, turning his head to kiss her palm. Wondering if he really could convince her to stay with him.He knew he should give up the game now, but he'd loved her for a long time, and had been obsessed even longer. He wasn't going to let her go easily,even if it would be best for them both

The maid nodded and hurried off to get both men their drinks. When she came back, she was accompanied by another young woman. "Yes, my lord?" the second maid greeted, looking a bit nervous to have been asked to be seen by the emperor himself. She was shy, quiet girl, which explained why Astrid had her be the one who stayed closest to her.

Ophelia swallowed hard, closing her eyes when he kissed her palm. After being with Valerian who didn't show emotions as willingly, it was hard to not be charmed by a man like Alexander. He was so sensitive and gently and charming... And he was right - Valerian didn't always have time for her, which was hard to admit. "I... I don't have any choice in all of this," she reminded him, which was probably a mistake. She knew she was letting him believe that she wanted to be with him, which might have been partly true, but she was in love with Valerian. The heart was a complicated thing...

Valerian smiled a little, a small pleased smile, a relaxed smile.Despite the fury still tugging at his heart, the man was making a serious effort to not be as intimidating as he could be. Waving her to sit down he smiled."Darling, I have heard that my wife was seeing guests here before her death.Can you please tell me who,so I can personally see that they know I grieve with them for her death?"He said charmingly, having every intention of making sure this sweet, innocent girl who'd astrid kept close to her, at least had a good mistress after this.

Alexander grinned at her, smiling a little."You have all the choice in the world.Tell him that he can still see the children,but that you are staying with me."He said shifting, reaching out and gently stroking her hair out of her face. Playing her as easily as a master on a harp. "Please, Ophelia, you deserve better then what few minutes he will be able to spare. You deserve better then to be second to his ambition to rule the world."

The young girl bit her lip. "She didn't have a lot of guests," she said, shaking her head, "But... Well, Lord Alexander was here often. A few times a week, actually." She looked up at him with fear in her eyes. "My lord, I was only doing what was asked of me. I promise I played no part in the Queen's death." Immediately, she broke down in tears, obviously taking the questioning the wrong way. After all, she knew of Alexander's visits, but she had no idea that he was the one who impregnated her. She was far to innocent and naive to pick up on such a thing. "Alexander would come over only at night, and they never stayed in the public areas of the palace. Always in her private chambers."

Alec's eyes went wide. "Fuck," he cursed under his breath, shaking his head in shock.

Ophelia swallowed hard and shook her head. "It's... It's not that easy, Alexander," she said, leaning her face into his hand, "He... He loves me." She bit her lip, looking vulnerable and lost in her decision. After all, he was right. Valerian had very little time for her as it was, and he admitted that he loved Rome more than her many times over the past few weeks.

Valerin softened even more as he realized that he was scaring her badly, before nodding."I know you didn't darling, I just wanted to know who was visiting."He said looking at her before standing, and doing something he would have never considered doing before he met ophelia. Gently picking her up he gently rocked the young girl, who looked even younger held in his broad arms. "Shh its okay, darling.I know you didn't know about her death, I know."He muttered leaning back a little to look down at her."Would you like to come back to the city?I have someone there who could use a maid and friend."

"I know,but I love you.Surely that would be enough.And I have the time to spend with both you and the children."He said stroking her hair, not realizing that 20 miles away his careful wooing of ophelia was about to blow up in his face as alec and valerian figured out what he had done.

The girl was a bit shocked at his move to comfort her, for she had always heard rumors about his volatile behavior, but quickly calmed down. She sniffed and rest her head on his shoulder innocently. At the mentioning of the city, she nodded excitedly. "Oh, please, I'd love to be back in the city," she said, reaching up to wipe her eyes, "My family is there, and I have not seen them in quite some time."

Alec swallowed hard and looked up at the emperor. "What now, my lord?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

Ophelia's eyes grew wet, and her head leaned into his hand. "It... It is enough," she said, "But..." She shook her head and wiped her eyes. "I'm tired. I can't think clearly right now, Alexander... I'm sorry." Everything that came out of her mouth was unsure, but he was definitely doing a good job of taking advantage of her. She was vulnerable as ever, it was hard to not want him to take care of her and love her like he promised.

Valerian tilted his hed looking down t the girl."Go back your things then darling.Go'"he said waving her off waiting until she was gone before looking at Alec, frowning in annoyance because he had no idea what to think."I am going to go speak to alexander"he said hos voice cold at the ,emtopm pf tje ,am/

Alexander sighed softly as he stood, bending to kiss her forehead."Then rest. I am sorry, I should not be pressing you."He said smiling a little."Yell if you need anyhting, I will be in my office."He said as he wlked out of the room, not realizing things were about to get even more interesting when the emperor and alec arrived.

The young woman rushed off to pack her back, and Alec turned to Valerian. "If it's true, I don't want my sister staying with him any longer. I understand that it would be irrational to have her in the palace right now, but I'd at least feel better if her and the children were at my house. Iris is good with children. I'm sure she would not mind if Ophelia was there for a while." Reaching into his pocket, he grabbed a small piece of paper and a pen, quickly writing a note to Iris to let her know what was going on, and that Phedre needed to make sure there was a couple rooms set up for his sister. With that, he sent it with a messenger.

The young maid returned with a small bag, smiling ear to ear at the idea of getting to see her family and be back in the city. "I'm ready, my lord," she said.

"Let's go," Alec said, taking her bag and heading toward the chariot, "I want to see what Alexander has to say..."

Valerian noddex paling a little ag the idea of ophelia being with him."one must wonder just what he was thinking."he muttersd as he took the other two out and headed for home,knowing ophelia would be taken care of at alec's as soon as they got her there.

Walking inaide valerian frowned as he realized alexander wasn't at homd,pausing only long enough to send a maid out to the training center to get hom bdfore dashing upstairs his worry of what alexander had planned making him a little rash in his need to get to ophelia

When he got upstairs, Ophelia was pacing around the room, rocking Arion as Mara slept in her crib. She was back to looking like her old, petite self, dressed in a lavender toga and her hair pulled up in an elaborate knot. While she was still sore, she looked better than ever, for she had the glow of a new mother.

She turned to him and raised her eyebrows. Already, she could tell something was wrong. Terribly wrong. "Valerian?" she questioned, walking over to him while rubbing Arion's back while he fussed. "Is everything okay?"

Alec followed after him, leaving the maid downstairs so she could alert them when Alexander came home. "I told the staff to start packing her things," Alec said.

Ophelia's eyes went wide. "Wait, what? It wouldn't be right for me to go to the castle so soon after Astrid's death..."

Alec shook his head. "No, you are coming home with me."

What he said only confused Ophelia even more, making her turn to Valerian with a questionable glance.

Valerian sighed a little looking around, looking relieved when he realized that Alexander was indeed not home. Nodding at Alec's words he sighed again looking relieved to see that all three of them were fine. Running his fingers through his hair he sat down on the edge of the bed, tugging Ophelia close, "Astrid's child wasn't mine.It was alexander's."He muttered looking defeated, confused. Hating that he'd managed to misjudge the man so much.

Ophelia nearly dropped the baby when he said that. "W-what?" she said, eyes wide. Walking over, she placed Arion in the crib with his sister before moving to sit in Valerian's lap. Her arms wrapped around him, and she leaned into kiss his cheek. "Are you sure? I just... I can't believe Alexander would do something like that." She looked up at Alec with a questioning glance, but all he did was nod.

"Her lady-in-waiting told us he was the only one to visit the summer home," Alec murmured, "And the baby wasn't far enough along..."

Ophelia shook her head in disbelief, feeling her heart break a little for the man she was holding and the man that had obviously felt desperate enough to do something irrational. "Why would he do such a thing?" she murmured, "Maybe he was forced to do it. Maybe Astrid didn't give him any options."

Back
Top Bottom