Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Emperor's Mistress ((Lady&Blair))

Valerian yelped, putting his hands over her to make sure that she doesn't drop the baby, looking anxious for the moment before letting her stepway. Swallowing hard as he watched her, shifting, to wrap his arms around her as she hugged him,"I am.I do not know, but we will find out."He muttered pressing a kiss to her hair, just holding her.

"Ophelia?Issomething wrong?"Alexander said rushing into the room, his servant haivng told him that he was needed at his house, but not why. "M-my lord."He stuttered looking confused at finding the three of them in the room together, for a moment confusion showing before it smoothed into complation, whatever he was feeling hidden.

"I just came from my summer palace, lord Alexander. I would like to know what you were doing there visiting my wife."

And in that moment alexander knew he had lost, and even if it didn't show, he knew he had lost. Maybe he could keep his life?For a moment at a loss for words as he tried to figure out what to say.

Ophelia stood up from Valerian's lap, looking at Alexander with obvious hurt in her eyes. Part of her would always love Alexander, and she couldn't see to believe he'd do such a thing. If she knew it was to tear her and Valerian apart, she'd be heart broken. "Tell me you didn't," she whispered, swallowing hard, "I know you wouldn't do something like that... Would you?" She stayed close to Valerian, looking so very sad. "D-did she force you to do it?"

Alec watched Ophelia, then glanced at Valerian. He knew right then that Alexander did it, but like Ophelia, he wanted to believe he was made to do it. Maybe his life was threatened...

"Just spit it out, Alexander," he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

Alexander looked down, knowing he'd been defeated,that there was no graceful away out of this. Swallowing hard as he looked up at his emperor, meeting those cold cruel eyes as the man wrapped a arm around ophelia's waist. And what he saw there was a confirmation that the man had already known, or at least guessed what his motivation had been. "y-yes she did. She was desperate to pay you back for setting her aside."He said looking at the two.

Valerian tilted his head, nodding."I know. I had not thought her hatred would go so deep though."He bowed his head a little, not looking at alec or ophelia as he stood, shaking his head a little."Ophelia?Are you ready to go?Despite this being a good reason for what he had done, I will still not have you stay here."He said pressinga kiss to her head.

Ophelia looked sad as she nodded and leaned into Valerian. "I'm ready," she murmured, avoiding Alexander's eyes. One day, she'd be able to speak to him again, but for now, she needed to get away from him and let her emotions settle... "Is Iris expecting me? I don't want to impose," she murmured, but Alec waved his hand at her and nodded.

"I sent her a message," Alec assured, moving across the room the pick up his niece and nephew. It was the first time he was able to see them, so despite being upset, he had a smile on his face. "Ah, beautiful." He grinned, both children settled in the crook of his arms. Ophelia went about packing up the babies' things, but thankfully, they had not acquired much in the past two days. There wasn't much more than a few blankets, cloth diapers, and some pacifiers.

Once they were downstairs and outside, Alec nodded to the chariot. "You can take the children and Ophelia in the chariot," he said, handing him one baby and Ophelia the other. "I"ll go on horse back and meet you at my house." He looked at Valerian with an equal amount of respect and sympathy. "We can have a couple drinks, and if you'd like to get away for the night, my lord, I will have a room set up for you. You're more than welcome to stay."

Valerian looked thoughtful, knowing hw ahouls do his duty but not able to drag himself away from his family."go ahead and set up a room. Ill return to thE palace in the morning."hw sighed quietly settling into the journey.

"Alec?"phedre steppwd out of fhe house bowing a littls before looking at the other two in the chariot."lady iris sends her condolences,but ahe was overmuch tired fhis evening so I sent hsr on to bed."the pregnant aoman amiled slightly amused but looking worried for all thdee of thsm. Approaching the chariot she held out her arma,"here my lady,hand the child jere so you can gwt aafely down."she muttered looking concerned as she lookwd at the alightly ahell shocked appearancs of both parents.

Alec turned to Phedre, his expression formal like it always was in front of Valerian. "Set up a room for the emperor," he said, "Use the largest guest room on the end of the hall on the second floor. Make sure another one is set up for the children to sleep in." He gave her a nod, then watched as Ophelia handed Mara over to Phedre before getting out of the chariot. She looked pleased at the idea of Valerian staying with her, knowing that no good was coming out of him staying at the palace among all of the grief.

Turning to Valerian once she was out of the chariot, she took Arion from him. The babies did not care for the ride, and both of the were crying as loud as their lungs would allow. Of course, Arion was out doing his sister by a long-shot.

Upon entering the house, Alec ordered the maids to get dinner ready, then moved upstairs to the master bedroom. When he walked in, he frowned at the sight of Iris already asleep. "Iris?" he murmured, kneeling down beside the bed. He stroked her hair out of her face and sighed. "Are you feeling okay? I didn't hurt you too badly, did I?" His lips pressed together in a tight line. "Did you get my message? Ophelia and the children will be here until everything calms down. Lord Valerian is staying for the night as well."

"I will.Do not worry. I will make sure things are taken care of, my lord."She said looking up at alec, nodding her head a little. Muttering sweet nothings to the baby in her arms, phedre led the couple towards one of the guest rooms. "Do all babies scream like this?"Valerian asked, wincing a little as they walked, looking displeased. The children's screaming was making his head pound. "They're just unhappy about being jostled about my lord, they will calm once they realize they are fine."Phedre said as she rocked the girl, sending a maid to get the bedrooms ready as she led the two into one of the sitting rooms to wait.

Iris smiled a little, sleepily as she looked up at him."No. Phedre woul not sit still today, so we took a walk. I think she tired me out."she muttered looking amused before sitting up growing serious as she realized what he said. "I did. I am so sorry, Alec."She muttered reaching out, and gently stroking his hair, because she knew how upset he had to be. "I do not care if they stay forever. However long, they will be welcome."She muttered smiling at him.

Ophelia sighed. "Valerian, all babies cry," she murmured, not looking pleased at his lack of sympathy for the children.

She smiled and took Mara from Phedre. "Thank you, Phedre," she whispered, then nodded to Valerian, "Bring him a strong drink, will you? I think he needs something to help him relax before supper." Settling down in an arm chair, she pulled the front of her toga down and began to nurse both babies, making them cease their crying and feed hungrily. She glanced up at her lover and sighed. It hurt her to see him in such pain, and she hated that she didn't know what to say. Instead, she focused on doing her best to keep the babies calm and quiet.

Alec sniffed and leaned her head into his hand. "You are a saint, love," he whispered, closing his eyes and putting his hand over her's. She truly was. The girl had taken so much bad news lately, and she always took it with grace. He just hoped that he could keep her happy and give her a child of her own soon. "I know Ophelia would love your help with the children. Twins are over whelming for young mothers, I hear, and with what's going on, I fear for her happiness." He sighed and crawled on to the bed, wanting to hold her for a few moments. "Do you need anything?"

"This is not crying, this is the souls in torment in Hades."Valerian grumbled, just as displeased with the babies, not feeling sympathic at all. To overwhelmed to be helpful. Phedre smiled a little as ophelia took the baby back, nodding a little. "I will be right back."She muttered leaving the room as the babies quieted and fed. "Don't look at me like that. I'm fine."Valerian muttered as he slouched back into the seat, rubbing his temples. He had a wicked headache, only made worse because he knew things weren't going to be easy, but he didn't want to worry his lover, so he didn't say anything.

Iris smiled laughing quietly."Not a saint. Just a woman."She said smiling as she leaned into him, sighing softly as she rested her head on his chest,nodding."I will go see her now. I am sure she could use some rest after today."Se muttered before shaking her head leaning back to look up at him."I need you to take care of yourself. You were recently sick yourself you know."She muttered.

Ophelia looked hurt at what he said, no answering him. She knew if she said something, it would set him off, and she'd rather leave him be... After feeding the children, she cleaned them up and did her best to rock them both at the same time... Thankfully, Phedre came back with Valerian's drink. "Phedre, thank you," she murmured, giving her a small smile.

Alec smiled and leaned into kiss her lips. "I will," he murmured, "I promise... And I think Ophelia would love that." Standing up, he helped her out of bed and pulled her into his arms. She was just so sweet and kind, that he couldn't help but feel incredibly lucky. With everything going on, he was surprised she was even staying around. "Come, love," he murmured, "Maybe if you help Ophelia with the children, I can convince Phedre to sit down."

Valerian sighed softly wincing. Glancing at his lover, his guilt clouding his face for a moment, before looking awy. The man was cold and cruel for most of his life, and it had only been her influence that had made him softer, and the stress of the past 24 hours had him reverting to a lifelong habit. "Sorry."he muttered sipping his drink. "You're welcome. I am sure both of you need rest, and your room is ready."She said tilting her head a little.

Iris smiled as she leaned into him, looking amused as he held her, glad that she could claim this man as her husband. Looking up at him she frowned a little."Damn that woman. She's never going to rest is she?"she muttered sounding annoyed with the slave as they walked towards the sitting room, pausing in the doorway."How is everyone doing in here?"Iris said smiling a little as she walke in to look at her niece and nephew, cooing a little over the children.

Ophelia smiled up at Iris. "We are tired," she admitted, "And they are fussy, I'm afraid." She let Iris sit in the chair beside her before shifting both babies into her arms, knowing the women wanted to hold and coo at them. "How's married life? My brother is treating you well?" Her eyebrows raised at the other woman, sitting beside her and stroking Arion's hair back as his eyes started to droop. Mara looked up at Iris with interest, her hand move to tangle in the woman's hair. "This is Mara and Arion, by the way," she murmured, smiling.

Alec moved up the stairs just in time to catch Phedre. He pulled the nearly naked slave into his arms and led her into a private room. "How are you?" he asked, his hands resting on her hips. Leaning down, he began to kiss her neck. He had missed her over the past couple of weeks, and he was hoping to steal some time with her... "I was hoping I could come to your bed tonight while Iris sleeps," he muttered, "I don't think she'd mind, bless her soul, but I'd rather not have that conversation with her."

"Ah, well babies are fussy."Iris said laughing a little as she rocked the babies a little, cooing over them before laughing quietly."It is very enjoyable. Though he has been sick for most of it, so it might not be a good example of how its going to be."she said giggling a little before looking relieved when the babies calmed, glancing towards the emperor who was...indeed dozing in the chair, snoring ever so slightly."They're adorable Ophelia, truly."

Phedre smiled a little, shivering as the man pulled her into his arms, leaning into his hold as she whimpered, whining quietly as he kissed her nec.Shifting a little in his hold, missing him as much as he had her, not only for his companionship,but she'd grown used to having sex daily. Shivering before smirking a little."You must ask if you are welcome my lord?"She muttered teasing him a little. "Maybe I shall say no..."She teased nuzzling him a little.

Blushing, Ophelia nodded. "Thank you," she murmured, then sighed at the sight of Valerian. "Do you think you could watch them for a little while? I'd like to do my best to make him feel better..." A frown appeared on her lips, hating the he was so upset and so tired.

Alec chuckled and pressed her against the closed door. "You wouldn't deny me," he purred, his hands starting to travel down her body. He allowed hid hardening member to press against her thigh, already turned on by her presence. "I could always have you right here." Reaching over, he locked the door and moved to kiss her passionately, his hand rubbing gently between her legs.

Iris laughed softly glancing at the emperor, a amused sad look turning her lips. Hating to see her emperor so grief stircken and angry, but also amused that he had relaxed enough to fall asleep in what looked like a very uncomfortable chair."Get him to bed, Ophelia, me and the twins will do alright. And Alec will be back soon."She said nodding a little,gesturing for the woman to go as much as she could.

Pedre shivered moaning quietly, whining as he pressed against her, her legs around opening for him."Hm, you could.I think I like this..."She groaned, trailing off as he touched her, her hips rubbing against his hands, squirming,needing. Resting her head back on the door as she let her body rub against his hand, needing him.

Ophelia nodded. "Thank you so much," she whispered, then moved over to Valerian. She sighed and bent down to stroke his hair of of his face. "Val?" she whispered, "Come, love. Let's go lay down and rest..." Gently, she took the empty glass from his hand and helped him to feet. After getting him into their bedroom, she began to help him out of his clothes, being so incredibly attentive and affectionate for a woman that he was not particularly nice to a few moments ago...

Alec groaned and began to reach down and pull his toga away. "We have to be quick," he admitted, grabbing her and putting her legs around his waist. He quickly lined himself with entrance, then thrust inside his of her with a deep groan. "Oh, Phedre... Oh, yes..." He rest his head on his shoulder as he began to move in and out of her.

Valerian whined at being disturbed, but unlike other times in his life, the man didn't come awake with a snarl and a death threat. Despite his mood when he'd fallen asleep, he was relaxed enough that he hadn't been startled into hurting her. Sighing quietly as he watched her sleepily as she undressed him he sighed a little."You're being so kind...when all I've gotten you is problems...He muttered absently reaching down and stroking her hair as she helped him out of his shoes.

Phedre moaned as he picked her up,shivering as he thrust into her."Ohh...I...oh..."She muttered burying her face against his shoulder,resisting the urge to say the words that she had stopped not wanting to burden him with the thought of she loved him. Shuddering as she clung to him, the world shattered into a million pieces as she came, slumping bonelessly in his arms

Ophelia looked up at him with soft eyes. "Why wouldn't I be kind to you?" she asked, looking confused at his statement. Pulling back the covers, she had him lay down, the crawled in beside him. Leaning over him, she stroked his cheek and kissed his forehead. "I love you, Val," she murmured, "That means I'm willing to deal with problems that come my way..." She was surprised that he seemed so, well, surprised that she cared for him the way she did. " I didn't care for the way you described our children earlier, but I can forgive you." She smiled a little. "You have the right to be grumpy right now."

Alec came quickly after her, holding her close and slumping against her. "Amazing..." he moaned, turning his head just enough to kiss her on the neck. When he calmed down and set her on the floor so that he could get dressed, he smiled. "What would I do without you, hm?" He leaned in and kissed her gently on the lips, then pulled back to unlock the door. "I need to get downstairs with Iris. Go to bed and get some rest, will you?" His eyebrows scrunched together at her, his expression serious.

"Most people wouldn't be."he pointed out with a yawn, sighing as he shifted,got comfortable as he snuggled into the other, resting his head on her shoulder"Sleep.Don't want alec worrying about us."He muttered nuzzling his fae against her neck, stretching, shifting getting comfortable before letting the alcohol drag him uunder to sleep.

Phedre sighed quietly smiling as she was set down, blushing ever so little as she looked up at him as she dressed again straightening her clothes."If you want me to, I will my lord."She mttered reaching out, gently stroking his hair looking concerned for him."And you, you better go get some sleep."She muttered kissing him again before moving to go t her room, nto really wanting to be alone,but knowing better then to ask him to stay

"I'm not most people." Ophelia let him drift to sleep, a bit amused that he cared about what her brother thought. She gently stroked his hair was he slept, not being able to do the same. She'd settled for watching him rest, happy to see the tension and stress drain for him his face for the time being.

Alec moved down stairs and smiled at the sight of Iris holding the two sleeping babies. "Hey, love," he murmured, leaning down to kiss her cheek. He settled on the couch beside her, looking down at the infants. "Getting your baby fix, Sweetheart?" His arm wrapped around her, holding her close.

Iris smiled looking up at him, nodding as she rested her head on his chest."I am."She said closing her eyes content with both babies and her husband."They're sleeping. We should probabl yput them down in their cribs, get some sleep ourselves."She muttered glancing up at him,shifting mara into his arms before standing, muttering soothing things as arion stirred a little before crossing the room to knock on the bedroom door."Ophelia?Can I come in?The twins are asleep."

Ophelia gently slid out from under Valerian, trying not to wake him, and walked over to Iris. "Thank you," she whispered, leaning in to kiss the woman's cheek, then hugged her brother. She gently took the sleeping babies from the couple and laid them down in the makeshift crib the maids had created for them for the night.

Alec nodded to the emperor. "Is he okay?"

Ophelia sighed. "He's tired and upset... But he will be okay.

Nodding, Alec stepped in to kiss his sister's head, then watched as the woman slid back into bed with Valerian. He reached out and wrapped his arm around his lover's waist. "Come, love," he murmured, "We'll take a bath a rest." Leaning in, he kissed Iris' head.

Iris smiled a little,eassured at the other womans words. It distuebed her some to see a man she knew to be so strong so very in contdol of things,completely undone. Nodding goodnight to ophelia she muttered."send a maid for us iff you need anything."she said before following alec out raising a eyebrow."did you cpnvince phedre to rest"she asked worrying about everyone else instead of herself

"I did," Alec said, looking pleased with myself. He led her into the bedroom and had a maid draw them a bath with rose oil and candles all around. He was definitely ready to wind down. "Bring some wine, will you?" he asked the other maid, then started to strip down and get into the warm water with a pleasure filled sigh... He glanced up at his wife and raised his eyebrows. "Love, come join me." Reaching out, he took her hand and pulled her to the edge of the tub, turning his head to kiss the palm. "Please?"

Iris laughed smiling as she watched him before nodding."whatever you want, love."She muttered leaning down to kiss him softly before straightening. Undressing slowly she slid into the tub, closing her eyes as she rested her head on his chest, "I hope tomorrow is not as exciting as today's. We need time to recover."She muttered shifting back, before picking up a wash cloth and starting to wash him up, wanting to make sure he really was relaxed.

Back
Top Bottom