Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Emperor's Mistress ((Lady&Blair))

Ophelia moved to bed, sitting down and rubbing her hands over her swollen belly. Her back was throbbing, and standing was no longer an option. She was taking deep breaths, not trying to get herself so upset that it made her go into early labor. She simply couldn't live through the heart break of losing both her lover and her child. "You are quick to figure out how you will handle me, aren't you?" she said, bitterness in her tone. At the sound of Alexander's name, she looked up at him with sad eyes. So it had come to this... The child hood boy that she had always thought she'd end up with, but had never truly loved - a truly heartbreaking combination. "Alexander? You can't possibly believe he'd marry me like this," she said, tears streaming down her face. She was still so in shock by all of this. As convenient as Alexander sounded, she didn't want him... She wanted Valerian. "Call for him. Do what you please, Your Highness."

Valerian's shoulders slumepd at the bitterness in her tone, looking so defeated. For a man who had never been defeated on a battlefield, the child prodigy who'd proven he was mazing at figuring things out, had been defeated by his own wife. Nodding slightly."...I guess that I am."He muttered regretting that his mind had allowed him to think of a answer so quickly. "I will."She muttered hating to hear her voice like tht or the proper term. It had been so long since he'd heard it from her, that it cut him to shreds to hear it now.Bowing his head slightly."Rest. I will see that things are taken care of."He muttered walking away slowly, his anger gone, replaced with despair as he set about writing the letters he needed to. Actually falling asleep at his desk instead of returning to bed, afraid of her reaction if he had returned.

Alec looked confused as he took the letter from Valerian, and as he read it, his face fell. "Oh... Fuck," he whispered, swallowing hard, "God, Ophelia must be crushed." He took a deep breath and sighed. "The Queen is with child, and in turn, Valerian is having to set Ophelia aside." He reached up and rubbed his temple, crushing the paper in his hand before getting up from the bed. He appetite was officially spoiled. "This is my fault. I shouldn't have let him have her... I should have known this would happen, and now she is pregnant and unwed. He says he'll talk to Alexander, but I don't know how he will respond." He looked Phedre and frowned. "Run my bath and get my wedding clothes ready. We need to be leaving within the hour. Don't forget the rings or the glasses. They are in closet." With that, he moved to the bar and poured himself a hefty drink.

The next morning, Ophelia sat in the toga she planned to wear to the wedding, though she looked positively sick. Her skin was a pale, and her expression was emotionless. Servants moved all around her, packing things to send her away. When she had woken up, Valerian was gone. Taking it as a silent good bye, she stayed in her room until someone alerted her for the wedding. Until then, she just sat in silence. It felt so ironic - this was exactly how she felt the day her brother sent her to live with Valerian...

Looking out the window, she saw the guests start to arrive. Alexander came into view, but she assumed that it was just to be there for her brother. She had no hopes that he'd cut his lavish single life short to marry a pregnant mistress. She knew he cared for her, but she did not think he cared about her that much. No one did, it seemed. Not enough to choose her over anything.

Phedre was quiet as she watched him,"To say no to Valerian Caesar? You would have had better luck convincing the wind to not blow, or the rain to not fall."She watched him before sighing quietly as she stood."Valerian cares for her.But even Caesar is not free to do as he wishes all the time."She said looking worried before nodding."I will have everything ready."She muttered as she set out to get his bath ready before getting his clothes and the glasses. Looking worried and anxious,because she just knew this was going to end badly.

And even as she watched Valerian appeared downstairs with Alexander, talking quicly and anxiously before Valerian walked inside before Alexander made his way to where the guests were waiting. Walking dejectedly to his rooms, valerian looked as depressed as he had been the first time he'd sent astrid away. Stopping in the doorway he looked at the woman sitting in the window sets. "Ophelia?May I come in?"He said softly, looking dejected and out of sorts, and definately tired. HAving not slept well at his desk, and despite everything, he wanted to just stay with her.

Even if it condemned his country to war, he was thinking about doing it anyways. He just needed time to figure out how to intimidate astrid's brother into standing aside. And convincing his countrymen that his young mistress was better then a older queen. After so many years of loving astrid, it seemed his love for her had died a painful death in the months since he'd been with her, and he just wanted ophelia. He just hadn't quite convinced himself his happiness was worth the blood price for it.

After getting dressed and getting everything packed into the chariot, Alec took Phedre into the city and around the back of the palace. "When you can, I want you to keep my sister company," he said, getting out of the chariot, "I'm sure she will be having to stay in the shadows, and I don't want her alone."

As guests arrived, Alec moved in to greet them and accept their praise. He smiled, but he was not happy. Not at all. He just hoped his little wife, whom he had not seem in weeks, would cheer him up tonight... Moving through the crowd, Alec pulled Alexander aside. He raised his eyebrows at his friend. "Have you heard from Lord Valerian?" he asked, hoping that his friend would be kind and take Ophelia's hand. He knew the man had cared for her before, and maybe he could be accepting of the child... Swallowing hard, he looked around at the crowd and shook his head in frustration.

Ophelia looked up from the window, surprised he was there. She had assumed he was with Astrid, making their first appearance together and with child. "It's your palace, my lord," she murmured, her voice low and sad. She swallowed hard and stood up from the window seat, walking toward the middle of the room. So this was it... This was good bye. He'd go to Astrid, and after the wedding, she would go wherever she was sent to raise this baby by herself.

Her hand rested on her round stomach, rubbing it as if she were comforting the child that was on the inside.

Phedre looked up at him, nodding quietly."I will do that. I will go to her now make sure she's ready."She muttered excusing herself as he joined the guests heading upstairs waiting outside when she realized valerian was inside.

Alexander smiled a little, looking around the crowd before nodding."I have. No need to worry, I already told him I would take her in."He smiled slightly keeping himself from laughing with glee that he was getting what he wanted. Looking at alex he sighed softly."I do not think Valerian will be able to stay out of her life, no matter what he tells his queen, but I will see to that she is taken care of Alec."He promised, because it was the only problem he could see with the queen's plan.He'd seen astrid and valerian together. No matter what valerian told himself, he knew the man wouldn't be able to stay out of his child's life, or ophelia's.

Valerian swallowed hard."Yes it is,but I find myself not wanting to disturb you with my company if you do not want it."He said before stepping inside, looking for once hesitant before walking across the room. Lookin down at her,gently brushing her hair out of her face as he sighed softly."You will let me know when you have our child?Let me know that you are both fine and healthy?"He said sounding so very anxious. The fear tightening his face, the love he had for her obvious in just how very afraid he'd been for months for her. "Will you still allow my physican to see over your care?I would like to know you are getting the best treatment available..."

Alec looked at his friend and sighed a bit in relief. "Just be good to her," he said, swallowing hard, "And the child. I know it's a burden to have a child come into the situation, but Ophelia would be sick with worry if she thought you wouldn't try." He clenched his jaw, showing just how much he loved his sister. He truly did, and he hated himself for getting her involved in this... Reaching up, he ran a hand through his hair. "I should have let her marry you earlier," he whispered, "I should have let you take her hand when she turned eighteen." There was a ton of regret in his face. Putting a hand on his shoulder, he sighed. "Thank you," he murmured, "I'll do what I can to compensate you for your actions. When the baby is born, I'll see that you have some time off."

Ophelia's face crumbled, and she hung her head and began to cry for the first time that morning. It seemed that the genuine love in his eyes was what broke her, and the fact that he was no going to be there when the baby was born. He'd find out through a letter, she was sure. "I-I will," she whispered, reaching up to wipe her eyes. She was going to refuse his doctor, but the fear in his expression wouldn't allow her to do so. "I'll let him see me still," she murmured, sniffing a bit, "After all, I don't want to lose the baby too." She looked so sad, reaching out to take his hand. Gently, she placed it on her stomach and looked up at him. She just wanted to feel his hand on her stomach one last time...

"You should go," she whispered, "Astrid is waiting for you."

"I will be."Alexander smiled to himself, so pleased with how things turned out."And the child I will raise as my own,the child will not suffer for this."he nodded studying his friend before clapping a hand on his shoulder."Don't look so guilty. Valerian would have killed you, and taken her anyways, if you had said no."he pointed out wisely before nodding."You should have, but that is in the past. You have better things to worry about on your wedding day besides this."he said nudging him a little,"And its a pleasure to take her in.Don't worry about ocmpenstating me."He nodded a little.

Valerian sighed, crumbling himself, issing her gently before stepping back.Swallowing hard as he studied her, nodding a little."Thank you."He muttered studying her face memorizing her face s he rested a hand on her stomach, his body slumping, hating the idea of not being with her. Before stepping back."Goodbye,love."He muttered bending to kiss her cheek before walking out. Phedre stepped into the room after a moment, looking at ophelia."Lady ophelia?Your brother asked me to stay with you today..."she muttered looking at aa loss for words, because she had no idea how to help with this.

Valerian stepped into astrid's rooms, the emotionless mask firmly in place, "Lady Astrid?Are you ready?"He asked formally, having every intention of treating her as a noblewoman and nothing more, giving her the honor deserved of the mother of his child,but not the close emotional bond they had once shared.

Alec smiled at his friend. "Thank you," he said, "She will be in good hands. I know that." Leaning in, he gave his friend a manly hug before walking down the aisle to wait for Iris. He put on a smile, trying to be happy, but when he saw her in her dress... He no longer had to fake the smile. Suddenly, he was excited, taking her hands and saying his vows. When he pulled the veil up, he grinned, leaning in to kiss her. Music played, people applauded, and the activities began. Everyone gathered in the large ball room to dance, drink, and be merry.

"How do you like being a married woman?" he asked, pulling her into a dance. He kissed her forehead and pulled back to look at her. She was truly stunning - a woman he was proud to have on his arm.

Ophelia looked up at Phedre and let out a shaky breath. It was nice to see a familiar face, even if it was under such dreadful circumstances... Walking forward, she moved into a hug with the other woman, wanting to be comforted. She cried into Phedre's shoulder. "I don't want to go down there," she whispered, "Alec would understand. I just can't. I want to stay up here and wait until someone comes up here to take me away." She snuffed and buried her face into the other's hair like a small child. "I can't watch him be with her. Not when my heart is breaking."

Astrid looked very pleased with herself. Very pleased indeed. "I'm ready," she said, walking out of the bathroom dressed in her party garb. Looking him up and down, she smirked. "Why so gloom, husband?" Of course, she knew exactly what was wrong with him, and she loved it. Twisting the knife was something that she was going to get satisfaction from.

Iris smiled happily at her husband as she was pulled into a dance, looking up at him.Flushed and happy, she was truly a sight to be seen, leaning into him a little."I like it alot my lord. I find myself looking forward to living with you."She sid truthfully so very happy it was almost a shame to have to tell her what was going on.

Phedre swallowed hard as she wrapped her arms around the other,moving tem to the bed and sitting down,holding the woman gently, "Its okay.Alec would wnat you to do what was best for you, not for him."she muttered stroking her hair, trying to calm her. nowing the upset wasn't good for the baby."Though you should see Alec before they leave for home. I am sure he would want to see how you re doing."She muttered.

Valerian looked her over, tilting his head a little."Well, I just figured out I married Nemisis, instead of aprhodite."He mused naming both the roman goddesses for revenge and love respectively. While he sounded bitter, he wasn't going to let her see just how upset he was. He could do sarcastic just as well as she could. "Shall we?"He said holding out a arm, letting her take it and heading downstairs with her.

Alec grinned and pulled her close, forcing himself to take the happiness he was allowing her to have for the moment. "Oh, I am looking forward to that too, my lady," he murmured, kissing her on the lips. When he pulled back, his hands slid down to her hips. "And I am also looking forward to sharing a bed with you." He smiled and caught the glance of Alexander from across the room. "Sweetheart, I need to go see my sister for a moment. Will you mind if I'm gone for a bit?" He looked at her for a second, making sure she was okay, the kissed her forehead. "You should gt a dance in with your father. He was just about in tears during the ceremony." Smirking, he led her over to her father before walking over to Alexander. "I haven't seen my sister... She's probably upset, and I'd like to go ahead and take you to her. The sooner she knows she's safe and taken care of, then better."

Ophelia nodded and reached up to wipe her eyes. Just as she was about to stand up, she saw Alec walk in. Immediately, the siblings embraced. "Alexander is going to take care of you, O," he murmured, nodding over to the other man. Ophelia looked up at Alexander, teary eyed and weak. She swallowed hard and walked over to him. "Really? Are... Are you sure about that?" Her bottom lip was quivering at the thought of being shifted around. She hated being a burden.

Alec looked down at Phedre. "Why don't you take the chariot back to the house and get the bedroom ready?" he murmured, walking away from the other two. He didn't want to intrude on their conversation, especially with Ophelia so vulnerable. "I'll have one of the guards drive you home. Iris' father had gotten us a new carriage to leave in, so we will meet you there in an hour or so."

Astrid rolled her eyes. "You turned me into Nemisis, darling," she murmured bitterly, "I was born Aphrodite." She took his arm and walked down with him to the wedding, staying at his side during the ceremony, then socializing through the reception. It didn't faze her that he was upset. In fact, it amused her greatly.

Iris smiled flushing a little as she looked up at her husband."I-I'm looking forward to that to."She blushed looking nervous before smiling a little."No, go ahead. I'll stay down here and talk with everyone."She said already moving towards her father.

"Probably."Alexander muttered as he followed the other man upstairs, smiling a little as he looked down at the woman."I am very sure. I have always cared for you, you know that. Let me take care of you now."He muttered wrapping his arms around her, leaning back to look down at her after a moment."Do you want to leave now?"He said gently stroking her hair.

Phedre looked up at him as she followed him outside. A small s smile on her face. Not liking the idea of sharing him,even if she had resigned herself to the fact, this was his wedding, something she'd never have, so she was feeling sad. And upset about ophelia to."Don't worry. I'll see to the house, and make sure everythings ready."She said kissing his cheek before heading back downstairs to go home and get ready for the newly weds

valerian snorted looking amused."Maybe, but Eris is who you are now. And maybe Athena."He said looking thoughtful because he was enjoying the name calling, it was giving him a chance to be angry. But as they got to the end of the party he sighed, looking down at Astrid"Are you tired my lady?"He asked looking her over.Despite everything he was trying to take care of her because she carried his son.

Ophelia swallowed hard and nodded, ready to leave and be away from all of this heart ache. "I'm ready to go," she whispered, leaning into his arms and letting him hug her. Once the servants had managed to get all of her things into Alexander's chariot, she moved in beside him. As they moved toward his house, she looked nervous and vulnerable. "Will you be good to the child? It isn't the baby's fault that all of this is going on." She sniffed and rubbed her stomach, watching as the palace disappeared behind them. It was such an awkward situation, but luckily, she had known this man since childhood. If anything, she could trust him, which was sick and twisted... He was the one who did this to her, after all.

Alec returned to Iris' side and kissed her head. "Are you ready to make our exit, Sweetheart?" he asked, pulling her close. He had every intention of making their honey moon phase as great as possible, because as soon as Phedre began to show, he was going to have to tell Iris.

Astrid huffed and glared up at him. "Stop trying to hover over me," she snapped, "You know I hate it when you do that. I can take care of myself." She clenched her jaw and sighed. "I'll be retiring to my own chambers tonight..." As she started to walk with him upstairs, she glanced out the window in time to watch Ophelia ride away with Alexander. "It looks like you will be sleeping alone tonight, hm?" She smirked at him, then walked down the hall and into her room. She planned to make him miserable...

Alexander smiled as he looked down at her, pressing a iss to her head as the driver took them back towards his house."I will care for the child, I will do whatever you need me to do."He muttered smiling at her, and when they got to his house he helped her down, leading her inside."Do you want a room to yourself, or would you like to stay with me?"

Iris grinned at hi, hugging him tightly."please. The day hs been long and tiring."She smiled before heading to the chariot with him, cuddling with her husband the whole way. Excited and nervous because she knew what sex was, and how it worked, but the idea of finally doing it, still made her nervous."Are you happy my husband?"She smiled at him.

"No, I'm not."Valerian smirked, two could play the misery game. Walking in her bedroom he stripped down and climbed into her bed, looking for all the world like he was getting ready to sleep."See, you so desperately want to be my wife again, it is only right that I stay with you and make sure you don't need anything in the night."he said pleased with his rational idea as he yawned settling back in the bed.

Ophelia looked all around, then back up at him. She gave it a moment to think about it, then shook her head. "I don't want to be alone tonight," she said, biting her lip, "I'll get upset, and I can't be upset. It's not healthy right now." Her hand went around to rest on her lower back because it was aching terribly from the ride there. She was in quite a bit of pain, and she was afraid it was because of her stress. "I need to sit in a tub though," she admitted, "My body can't handle much these days, I'm afraid... I'm sorry you have to deal with me like this. I'm only a couple weeks away." She blushed at that, because for the past couple weeks, Valerian had been helping her in and out of the tub. Now she had to depend on Alexander, or if she was lucky, a maid.

"I'm thrilled," Alex said, grinning down at her. When they arrived at the house, he called for Phedre and asked for her to bring them a couple strong drinks. "You need to drink a bit," he told Iris, "It helps with the pain and nerves." Sitting down in the parlor right out side of his bedroom, he pulled her into his lap and sighed. "You look beautiful, my little wife, absolutely stunning. I'm one lucky man," he said charmingly, "I can hardly wait to take you to my bed and get to work on making you plump with my child." Chuckling a bit, he pulled her down for a long, passionate kiss as they waited for Phedre.

Alexander smiled a little as he looked at the woman, leaning down to kiss her cheek."Well then, you wont be alone."He muttered helping her inside before leading her towards his rooms, setting her on the bed as he drew a bath before returning to her Frowning slightly as he looked worried about her. No matter how selfish he was, it disturbed him to see her hurting. "Do you wish for me to help you into the tub, or shall I get a maid?"He asked knowing ther was no wa the pregnant woman could get into the bath and out without hurting herself.

Iris looked relieved that he had thought of that,settled into his lap, blushing at his praise."Well, you look good yourself my lord."She muttered grinning at the idea of being pregnant, kissing him back before pulling away and blushing as phedre stepped into the room. Phedre smiled as she got them both drinks, bowing her head a little."I will be in my rooms if you need anything more my lord, my lady."She muttered before moving back out again.Iris smiled running her fingers through alec's hair as she sipped her wine, quickly feeling a little more settled as the wine dulled her nerves.

Ophelia blushed and bit her lip. "I... I supposed you could help me," she murmured, pulling the belt on her toga and allowing it to fall to the ground. The poor girl was small framed to begin with, but her breasts and stomach were swollen to their full capacity. She was tired, sore, and sad. An awful combination for a young pregnant woman. Walking into the bathroom, she waited for him to help her into the warm, inviting water. She glanced at him over her shoulder. "I'm sorry... I know I'm not a gorgeous sight to see right now." She flushed and looked down sadly, hating that she was not only being set aside by Valerian, but she was burdening Alexander. This was not how she wanted her life to be.

Alec pulled her into his arms and carried her toward the bedroom. "Don't be nervous," he whispered, laying her down onto the bed, "We are going to go at your pace, okay? You tell me if anything hurts or if I need to slow down." He smiled and stood at the foot of the bed, slowly removing his toga so she could see a man's body for the first time in person. "Can I help you undress, Sweetheart?" he whispered, crawling over to kiss her.

Alexander smiled a little as he looked her over, looking worried about even as his inner warrior howled with victory at the idea that he had beaten valerian at something. Swallowing he helped her in the tub he sat downsettling in to talk to her as she bathed."You are beautiful, ophelia, no matter what."

Iris smiled a little as she nodded looking up at him."Okay."She said looking nervous but trusting him as she flushed. Blushing as he undressed she watched him for a moment before kissing him back, noding at his qustion."Yes, plase do."She muttered lettign him help her get her dress toga out, sighing softly when she was completely naked, blushing as she looked at him.

Ophelia looked up at him teary-eyed, and her hand moved to touch his cheek. "Thank you," she whispered, then went about bathing and letting the hot water soothe her sore body...

Alec smirked, leaning down to kiss her gently. "Oh, Iris, you're beautiful," he whispered, taking in her naked body... However, all of the sudden, he started to feel funny. Clearing his throat, he gently pushed himself off of her and swallowed hard. The expression on his face said it all. "I... I'm sorry, Iris, I don't know what's going on." He looked down at his hands, and they were violently shaking. His skin started to turn pale, and the room was spinning. Reaching out, he grasped the edge of the dresser for support, but it was not much help. Within a few seconds, he passed out, hitting his head on the marble floor.

A week and a half later, Alec was just being allowed to get up and move around. It seemed that he had passed out do to dehydration, lack of eating, alcohol, and lack of sleep. His body had turned on him and decided to shut it's self off for rest, basically, and he was forced to stay in bed and let Iris take care of him. He felt so guilty, for he had still not been able to bed her, but it was nice to have his wife and Phedre there to take care of him... At the moment, Alec was in a chariot with Iris (for he knew she wouldn't want him to go alone right now) heading to the palace. "Don't worry," he said, looking over at her, "I'm feeling fine. I just needed rest." Leaning down, he kissed her temple, then looked down at the note from Ophelia. He read it over and over before stuffing it in his pocket and heading inside with Iris. As he approached Valerian's office, he knocked and bowed.

"My lord?" Alec said, slowly walking inside, "I wanted to come and thank you for being so understanding. I'm feeling better now, and I'll be returning to work in the morning." He smiled, then sighed a bit. "I... Well, I also wanted to come tell you Ophelia has given birth early. She's okay, and she wanted me to let you know that." He frowned a bit. "She didn't say it, but I know she would really like you to come see her. The birth was a bit of a scare, and I know it wasn't as smooth as she hoped... I'd be more than happy to stay for a couple hours and cover for you while you do... If you'd like."

Iris sighed softly worried about him but knowing zhe had to start letting him get back to his life. And well,she knew the emperor needed to know this."I know alec. Just take it easy."

Valerian smiled a little."well, its a bad thought,but I didn't mind taking charge again. Between me and alexander, we both were so busy I had every excuse to avoid my wife."he grinned pleased with the thought before stopping,literally freezing at the news befors swallowing."thank gou for telling ms."he said his voice that careful neutral,as if afraid to show the emotion. Swallowing hard as he stood he glanced at alec, nodding."run interference with my wife. Tell her I went to the training center or something id she comes looking. Though she probably won't."he said before smirking."ill be back in a few hours."he said heading through the servants entrances as to avoud both his wife and anyone that was cisiting the palace,heading foe alexander's.

Alec watched Valerian leave, a small smile on his face. He knew Ophelia would not be expecting the man, but she'd be grateful for his presence... Turning to Iris, he put his hands on her hips and looked her in the eyes. "Thank you for taking care of me, Sweetheart," he said, reaching up to stroke her hair out of her face, "I feel guilty that are first week of marriage has been so boring." He frowned, leaning in to kiss her forehead. "I promise that tonight, we will have a good time, okay?"

When Valerian arrived at Alexander's house, a maid immediately led him up to the master bedroom. Alexander was at work, leaving Ophelia alone with the nurses and maids. "I don't think she was expecting you, Your Highness," the maid said with surprise, "Let me make sure she is decent." With that, she left him in that hall so that she could tell Ophelia what was going on.

Ophelia was laying in the middle of the large bed, looking tired and worn out, but relieved to be rocking a healthy baby. Her long hair was pulled over to the side, and her cheeks were a bit flushed. She had given birth not but an hour ago, and she did it with only the nurses and doctors there, for Alexander was not able to leave the training center in time... When she looked up at the door as it opened, her eyes went soft. "Valerian?" she whispered, looking surprised to see him, "I... I didn't think you'd come." She blushed and looked down at the baby, starting to cry again. Her emotions were still so sensitive... The past week and a half had been hard, and the doctor said that the early birth was likely caused by her stress.

She sniffed. "What to meet them?" she whispered, glancing back up at him. "This is your daughter. Beautiful, isn't she?" She lifted the child up so that Valerian could see the pretty baby girl with dark hair, her mother's green eyes and full lips, and her father's nose.

All of the sudden, a nurse walked over from the other side of the room with another small bundle in her arms. Ophelia shifted so that she was holding both babies, a smile on her face. "And this is your son, my lord," she whispered, watching as the bouncy baby boy - who looked like a carbon copy of his father - looked all around the room.

Iris smiled looking up at her husband, wrapping her arms around his neck and tugging him down for a kiss."Hm, well you can make up for it later."She teased before sighing."Shouldn't you see to whatever work you interrupted?"She teased nodding towards the desk with piles of scrolls covering the surface.

"I know she is not."Valerian said smirking a little at the thought of maids looking so surprised. Waiting patiently he smiled as he stepped inside, looking relieved to see her. She looked fine.And that baby looked even better. So being pregnant wasn't a death sentence, because he'd often thought that it was his fault for all astrid's miscrris."Does it look like anyone else?I don't think anyone else looks this good."He teased smiling as he moved to the bed, his legs nearly going out from under him, relieved that they were both fine. Moving shakily to the bed he looked startled."Them?"he stuttered a little even as he nodded.

"Oh...thy're beautiful."He said looking at a loss for words as he stared down at the children who bore the unmistakable stamp of being his children.Even if Astrid wanted him to, there was no way to deny them.

Alec sighed and looked over at the desk. "I only really said that so he'd go see her for a couple hours," he grumbled, "I didn't think you'd actually make me keep up me end of the deal." He leaned down and kissed her back before walking around the desk and tending to some of the work. He was still tired and a bit weak, but he was doing much better than a week ago. After a little while, he looked up at her. "Would you call for some lunch? I'm starved, and I don't think he's going to be coming back any time soon. After all the lost pregnancies, I'm sure he's excited that it all ended up okay." With that, he smiled. "How was Phedre this morning? I didn't get a chance to see her before we left. She was busy tending to things, I suppose."

A tear rolled down Ophelia cheek. It felt so good to have him there, but she knew that after a while, he was going to be expected to go. Even with Alexander there, she was alone a lot of time... "They are," she agreed, smiling up at him, "Would you like to hold them?" She looked up at him with soft eyes. The babies were so good, and it was clear that they both already had distinct personalities. While the girl stared intently up at her father for the first time (Her hand curled around her mother's hair), her brother looked all around the room, taking in his surroundings and cooing excitedly.

"This is Mara," she whispered, shifting the baby girl into his arms, "And this is Arion, after my my father... If you approve of those names, of course."

"Uh-huh.And if he comes back his work isn't done?You now how unhappy he is going to be."He said snickering as she loked up at her husband. Looking worried about him but letting him work as long as he felt able to. "I'll get some."She said standing and having a maid go get some food for them before moving back and sitting down, leaning back as she watched him."She was doing well.She was out in the gardens,the gardener wasn't feeling good, so Phedre asked if she could let the woman rest and do it herself. I didn't think you'd mind."Iris said amused because the last week had been hard on them all, but phedre seemed to be holding up well enough, though she was easily tired and still feeling sick herself.

Valerian smiled a little as he looked them over, before nodding excitedly, almost looking like a bobble head doll-not that he knew what that was-but he looked like one. Looking amused that the twins seemed so distinct between both of them all ready. Gently touching mara's hand he smiled, cooing at his baby before nodding."I do. They were well chosen."He said looking pleased with the idea of the babies names, and in general pleased with their existance. So glad that he finally had children, more then astrid's, he felt connected to these two.

Alec pressed his lips together a bit. He didn't like the idea of Phedre over-working herself while pregnant, but he couldn't say anything about it in front of Iris... He was just going to have to make a point to have a talk with her when they got home. "Thanks, Sweetheart," he said as he looked down at lunch. Digging in to the food, he finished up the emperor's work for the day (wanting to show his gratitude) and turned to his wife. As he looked at her, so happy and beautiful, he realized that he needed to be honest with her. Turning in his chair, he took her hand and pulled her into his lap. "Iris, I need to tell you something, and I need you to be understanding, okay?" he said, reaching up to stroke her hair, "Phedre... She's pregnant. It could very well be mine, but we won't know until the child is here. After her ambush at the party a few months ago, there are several possibilities." He frowned a bit, watching for her reaction.

Ophelia made sure Mara was settled in the crook of Valerian's arm, then shifted Arion into his other arm. "The doctor was shocked when I delivered the two of them," she said, smirking a bit, "Arion was first. He came out screaming and ready for the world... Little Mara had a hard time. She was breech, and we almost lost her because the cord was around her neck. The doctor said that it was probably the reason she is so much smaller, but luckily, she's full developed." She scooted up next to him, watching him hold his children for the first time. "I need to know how you want to handle this," she whispered, "Alexander said he would give them his name. Of course, he doesn't know that there's two of them yet... He's even offered to be their father, if you'd like to keep you relationship with them minimal." She looked up at him sadly, obviously not wanting either of the two options, but knowing that she had no choice.

After a moment, she sighed. "Val, I miss you," she whispered, biting her lip.

Back
Top Bottom