Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's giving me a complex (Candira and Agnores)

Even tired, red in the face and covered in a thin layer of sweat, she was beautiful. That thought filled Evan as he slowed from his jog to a walk, his eyes focused on her. He couldn't believe how beautiful she was. Suddenly he was filled with regret; regret at not explaining what had happened, regret at letting her go, and most of all, regret at not following drunk Evan's advice. He wanted to go to her, apolgize, hug her and apologize again. But I can't, he told himself. I can't. All he needed was another dream, another reminder that he was still hopelessly in love with someone else, and no matter how beautiful Sophie was...he couldn't move on.

Or could he? It seemed pretty reasonable that he could move on with Sophie, after all, she was just as amazing if not more so than Lissa had been. Evan sighed, finally tearing his eyes away from Sophie. Why did this have to be so difficult? Why couldn't things be Disney and work out for the better? Of course, maybe that was what was happening. Maybe things were working out for the better.

So why wasn't he happy? Evan hadn't noticed how much Sophie had slowed down, and he realized almost too late that he was nearly right beside her.

Sophie hadn't really been paying attention to anyone else, just drinking her water little by little and getting her heart rate back to normal. But it kicked up again when she realized someone was beside her. She gasped, jumping a little when she saw it was Evan and her hand went to her heart to start the process of calming that down again. "Geez, you scared me! Where'd you come from?" she asked. Though she was being civil, she was a bit wary of the man walking next to her. And her eyes showed it. She didn't know what to think or feel around him anymore because she had no idea who he was. Was he the sweet, charming, sexy guy who'd taken her out before and eaten with her and her roommate? Or was he the cold, hard, impossible person she'd had breakfast with the morning after?

It was hard to tell, and really, she wasn't sure she wanted anything to do with either one of those personas. After all, it only got her hurt. The one lured her in with the promise of love and friendship, while the other wouldn't trust her or let her in--shutting the door in her face as though she were a complete stranger. Quite a set up for a huge let down. Despite all of that, she still wanted to be near him. Which was stupid, and she knew it. But she was loathe to leave him until they just couldn't face each other.

He couldn't help but laugh at her reaction, his usual easy smile briefly taking the place of his frown. "From behind you. Been following you for a bit. Did you know you've been walking in circles?" That at least came out easy, despite the turmoil roiling around in his mind. She hadn't attacked him at first. She was being peaceful. How did he go about this? Apologize? Ignore the situation? Try to run away? He didn't know, but as he wasn't trying to back pedal out of this situation, he didn't think running was the option. He sighed, letting his right hand find its way to the back of his head. "Well, since I have you here, I guess I have something to say." Oh, boy. He had chosen apologize. This would end well. Hadn't he already tried saying sorry?

"To say I've been an ass these past few days is more than an understatement. I'm really sorry, but you have to understand my side. It wasn't a one night stand thing, not at all. I legitimately want to continue to date you. Its just...I've got issues. And they're not easy to work past. I don't really want to talk about them, not right now...but I just want you to know at the very least I am sorry, and would like a second chance, whether you give it to me or not." He sighed once more, letting his hand fall. "That's all I got, I guess."

Sophie chuckled at his joke and shook her head. "I didn't realize..." She smiled and watched him for a moment, the warm fuzzies starting to come back. And then he started speaking again--apologizing but excusing himself at the same time. And she knew nothing would change until he could get past whatever he was feeling. And, apparently, she couldn't help with that. Her smile slowly vanished and she stopped walking, looking down while she thought over her next words carefully.

"You know...I thought that I had met exactly the right person for me. I really do want to give you another chance, but I just don't know if I can take it. I mean, one minute you're this amazing guy who wants to understand me and get to know me better and vice versa, and then...It's a cold wall. I don't think I can do that." She looked up at him, a little teary-eyed, but mostly strong.

"I know that you have issues to work past, but you won't tell me what they are. And it's not really fair to ask me to be patient with you when you don't trust me enough to tell me." She smiled softly and shrugged. "But I get it. Sometimes you need a secret. But I can't be always wondering when the good times are going to end. Maybe you should try to get past those issues first. Maybe we can just be friends until then."

Evan stopped along with Sophie, watching her. As she spoke, talking about how she had thought he was right for her (I am, Evan thought, defensively) but she couldn't forgive Evan's unwillingness to talk about his issues. Had she not begun her statement like she had, ever so slightly teary-eyed, he might have been able to accept what she said. As it was, his hand found its way to the back of his head, his face becoming concerned, pained...confused. He let the silence go for a few seconds while he thought, trying to piece together his own words in reply.

"You wouldn't want to stay with a guy who let's a bad dream ruin his relationship with probably the most amazing girl he has ever met. That's...that's the gist of it. A bad dream."

Evan let his hand fall again, suddenly feeling like he said too much, he couldn't continue. He knew she would ask questions, but he wasn't sure he could answer them. Not right now. More than anything, he wanted to hug her, see her smile again. He wanted her to be happy because damn it she was beautiful and her smile made her glow. Why did this have to be so difficult? He took a small step forward, but he didn't know why.

Sophie sighed softly and shook her head a little. "I wish that I could tell you that makes me feel better. In a way, it does. I know it wasn't me for sure... well, not entirely me. I knew you seemed a little off, but to think a bad dream would do this much." She looked right into his eyes and tried to find an answer as she asked, "Why won't you tell me what it was about? I know you don't want to. It's pretty obvious. Can you at least tell me that?"

Evan stared for a moment, blinking. He was conflicted, and it showed on his face. He was unsure what to do. It wasn't a battle of whether or not he wanted to share anything about his dream, because he flat didn't; it was a battle between his want to be with Sophie and his want to not share anything about what is going on with his life. He didn't know how she would react even if she did know, especially since his issue came from the existance of another girl. He sighed, the battle going no where...What to do, Evan, what to do!?

"I...I...Damn it." He said, shaking his head. He didn't know what to say. "You...you are amazing, Sophie. Something special. Every time I," he dropped his voice to a whisper, "Every time I sleep with a girl, I have the same dream. The dream about you...it was different. Only slightly, but enough to tell me you were something special." He sighed, knowing that would not satisfy her. "The dream showed me that I would hurt you. A lot. And it bothered me. I guess it kind of came true, in a way." He laughed weakly, not meeting her eye.

Sophie was surprised that he decided to talk to her about anything at all, let alone something related to the dream. But now she could understand a little more. At least it was easier to understand why he didn't want to talk about the dream itself. But the fact that he would let it keep them apart made her worry a little. But he had told her that she was special and that he thought she was amazing. He really did care...didn't he? So then what was happening?

She looked a little more confused than she did before, but she was going with it. "I...Well, yes, you did hurt me. I'm not sure how to express how awful it felt when you basically told me to leave and didn't even look at me. And then you held me at arms length and pretended like nothing happened." She frowned and watched him for a moment. She sighed and wondered what kind of thing made people have dreams like that. "It must have been something awful for you to have done that. I want to try to help you and I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on you...but that would mean you'd have to let me in." She shrugged. "I'll be your friend for now. Until you can sort out whatever happened."

"I don't know if I can," Evan admitted. "To be honest, this is different for me. Usually....usually after the dream I can't stand to be near the girl anymore. This time...its like I can't stand to not be near you. Usually this isn't this difficult." He sighed, his hand once again finding the back of his head. After a bit of silence, he shook his head. "I'm gonna go. Gotta go get a new phone since I broke the other one. I'll...I'll call you later. We can talk then, if you want." He turned, not sure what to feel. As he walked away, he felt weaker, almost completely vulnerable, because he shared what little he did. Some part of him regretted it. The other part knew it was for the better, knew that if he really wanted to be with Sophie...he had to.

That was the question, wasn't it? Did he want to be with Sophie? The fact that he now thought about her almost as much as he thought about the previous girl was a huge plus, but it was equally scary. What if Sophie just took her place, becoming part of the problem that prevented Evan from having a lasting relationship? He sighed, heading back downstairs, and out the door. He had completely forgotten about Drew by now, absorbed in self-reflection.

Sophie listened, far more patient than she had thought she would be, but he ended up saying something that made her wonder even more about him. So he'd done this before? Was he trying to break it off, but it was too hard? What was he saying? He couldn't stand to not be near her. Well that was a new line. She wasn't really sure what to feel as he left her, talking about giving her a call later on his new phone. "Um, okay. I'll talk to you later, then." And then he was gone. A feeling of profound sadness sunk into her and she sighed as she took another sip from her bottle and started walking around the track. He'd at least tried, so that was good, right? Progress was always a good thing, wasn't it?

But where did that leave her?

Drew was finishing up for the day, glad that he'd already gotten in his weights and cardio and a little extra boxing. He was sweaty and a little tired, but not tired enough to miss Evan coming down the stairs looking guilty. Well what was that about? He looked up to the second floor track and caught a glimpse of Sophie who looked upset again and instantly knew that Evan had something to do with that. Practically growling he sped up to catch the guy before he got away.

"Hey!"

Evan turned, just in time to see Drew damn-near running at him. "Fuck," he said, looking away and letting his head fall into his hand. Just what he needed. Drew probably saw his conversation with Sophie, and picked up on something he didn't like. Evan himself had thought that conversation had gone fairly well, at least for Sophie. He hadn't ever shared what little he did before. He hadn't shared enough for her tastes, that was for sure, but...she got something. And maybe, just maybe, he could end up back together with Sophie...which he was slowly starting to realize how much he actually really liked that idea.

Still, here was Drew, bearing down on him, looking angry. He knew this probably wouldn't end well, and Evan really wasn't in the mood for a prolonged encounter with him. "What?" Evan said, turning to him, sighing as if this was the biggest inconvenience of the day.

Now, in the back of his head, Drew knew that what he was about to do was stupid. He knew that it wouldn't solve anybody's problems, and that he should leave it alone because it was really not his concern. Of course, the front of his head was filled with thoughts like, 'At least I'll feel better,' and, 'Who the fuck does he think he is?' and the ever popular, 'It is my business because you made my best girl cry.' Therefore, the stupid side of him won over as Evan turned around, acting like this interaction were beneath him somehow.

"I don't know what the hell you said to her, but you better stay away from Sophie. She deserves better than you, and I'm not going to sit around and watch her cry because you can't make up your fucking mind or take responsibility for what you say or do. I swear if she tells me you've been bothering her I'll make you sorry." Big talk, Drew. Now the key was to follow through. Hopefully, he wouldn't need to, but he was itching for a fight with the guy. He was already on his bad list for being friends with Ryan. And now, Sophie was sad because of this clown? Oh, no. Not on his watch.

Well, so much for endorphins. Her natural high from running and exercise may as well have been a myth. Evan had managed to shatter it with a steady stream of confusion. But he'd come to her. He'd made her smile for a little bit. He'd even opened up a little. It was a start. A single step started off a journey, after all. But it didn't sit well with her that she was simply part of another cycle. She'd managed to change it somehow, just by virtue of being herself, but she was still a part of something sick that had a hold on the man she'd thought she loved.

Why did her life have to be so complicated? Sighing, she decided to shower back at the dorm and grabbed her stuff from the side of the track, heading down toward the first floor and the exit closest to her dorm.

Drew said a lot more, but after hearing 'sit around and watch her cry' Evan really stopped listening. He glanced away, trying his hardest not to sock the dude in the face right there. He had met Sophie crying because of this little asshole. He had been walking back to his room from class, and noticed her sitting on a bench, trying her hardest to be Sophie; she was trying not to cry, but she couldn't contain it all. Evan had never been sure quite what led him to sit down next to her and ask her what was wrong, but he didn't complain. Sophie was a beautiful girl, and he very quickly had developed a crush on her. He gained his intense dislike of Drew soon after, as it had seemed that he only got the chance to talk or meet with Sophie when he had done something to hurt her, something she felt the need to cry over. If it hadn't been for Amy's break up, Evan was sure he would have been that guy that always comforted Sophie, but never went further than that.

"You'll make me sorry?" Evan shot back, glaring at Drew. "For what? There is no way I'll ever have enough time to hurt her as much as you have. You come here shouting at me about not wanting to sit around and watch her cry, but what the fuck do you think I did for the longest time? Every time you hurt her because you are too fucking dumb to realize the girl fucking loved you, who had to sit around and comfort her? WHO!? It certainly wasn't you. No. Because it was me. FUCKING ME!" Evan was surprised when his voice escalated to shouts, surprised at the surge of anger that sprang out of him. He threw him forward, into Drew's face.

"So I don't wanna hear your fucking big talk about how you are her protector or whatever the fuck you think you are. No matter WHAT the fuck I do wrong, I'll never have made her cry or hurt as bad as you have."

Drew was a little surprised at how much anger seemed to radiate from Evan. Usually when a guy like Ryan was put on the spot, the fucker just defended his actions by putting down the girl and chalking it up to the game of life. But it was becoming clear that Evan was a lot less like Ryan than Drew had originally thought. He was still defending himself, belittling his role in Sophie's suffering, but he wasn't doing it by putting her down. He was doing it by putting Drew down. The guy had balls, that was for sure.

His reasoning didn't make sense though. He'd never hurt Sophie. She was too important to him. But then, Evan said something that made Drew pause. The girl loved him? What was that supposed to mean? "You don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you stop trying to make shit up about my relationship with her and focus on the shitty reality of your own?"

"Make shit...up?" Evan's voice dropped low, his face contorting with rage. "I didn't spend the first MONTH of my relationship with Sophie hearing her cry about YOUR ass because you had your FUCKING head too far up someone else's ass to FUCKING realize the best girl you could EVER fucking have was RIGHT there beside you FUCKING BEGGING FOR YOUR ATTENTION just to have you fucking tell me to STOP MAKING SHIT UP!"

Each time his voice raised to a shout he lashed at at Drew, shoving him. Evan was completely enraged, not caring that people were starting to notice the confrontation, or that Sophie might even here him. He had long since forgotten any sort of decency, his only thoughts consumed by the audacity of this man to EVER tell him off for making Sophie cry.

Drew hadn't really been expecting this kind of rage. It might have been daunting if he wasn't still so pissed. There was no way any of this was true. Sophie was like a sister to him and she had never once given him a clue that she felt any differently toward him. He was getting angrier with each accusation and shove. So he started to shove back and try to grab at the man.

It was, of course, at this point, that Sophie's voice cut through the searing hot rage with pure ice. The image of her standing there with such disapproval and anger in her eyes--with such hurt--would probably always be etched into Drew's brain. As he stared at her and her expression as she took in what had just happened, he began to realize that there was some kind of truth to what Evan had said. How much, though?

"Stop it right now!" She stepped between the two of them and pushed each one away with all of her might, sending both of them death glares. She tore into drew first, knowing that her real rage was directed elsewhere. "You fucking know better than this. You don't start shit because of other people, and you don't start it in public places. And you don't do it when you don't know how I feel, damn it!"

Then her icy gaze shifted to Evan, who got the full brunt of her anger. "And you...I can't believe you just said that. You had no right to tell anybody that!" Her eyes filled with tears again and she felt her world become smaller and sadder. "If you care about me at all, leave me alone today. I don't want to see or hear from you for the rest of the day." She paused and then shook her head.

Once more, her eyes turned to Drew who damn near flinched. "And you...don't even talk to me. You're in the same fucking boat." With that, she punched Drew's shoulder for attempting to tell someone else how she felt without knowing, and gave Evan's shoulder quite a nice shove before she left the gym--too pissed to go out and too upset to do anything constructive .

Evan was completely zoned in on Drew, not paying attention to his surroundings. It wasn't until he saw the look of fear and hurt on Drew's face that he realized something important was happening around him. It was then it occurred to him that someone had called out, and that someone...was Sophie. He didn't contest when she stepped in between the two and pushed them back, and a wry smile appeared on his lips as she laid into Drew. When she turned to him, he met her eyes and held her gaze, his own irritation and anger acting as a shield against hers. It hurt him to see her so angry, but he couldn't bring himself to care right at this moment. He would deal with that feeling later.

When she shoved past him to leave, Evan glared after her for a brief moment before looking back at Drew. "Believe me now?" he asked, with a small smile, before he turned and stalked out of the gym, angrily stomping his way over to his car. He still intended to get his new phone, and he figured after a while he would respect Sophie's wishes, except he would wait for her to come to him before he said anything to her. He was angry, and didn't quite feel he deserved to be laid into like he was when it was Drew who started the fight. Still, he knew when to not push, and this would not be a fight he would have with Sophie.

She would come to him when she was ready, and he would accept things as they were then.

Amy was on the way to the gym, her hair tied in a ponytail, held with a hair-tie as colorful as her athletic shorts. She was humming a happy tune, lost in her own little world, happy beyond reason. She wasn't sure exactly what put her in such a good mood, but she wasn't complaining; she hadn't felt this good since Ryan had left her. She wondered if she would find Sophie or Drew in the gym, and smiled at the thought. It would be nice to not have to work out alone, and she was quite enjoying this sudden growth in her relationship with Sophie.

She happened to glance over at the gym doors at that moment, when Sophie, as if summoned by her idle thoughts, burst from the gym doors. She seemed upset, extremely upset, and Amy immediately jumped to action. Well, so much for her good mood. She rushed over to Sophie, turning and walking in stride next to her. "Sophie? Whats going on? Did Evan find you in the gym? What happened?" She asked, genuine concern spreading over her face.

Drew was shocked that Sophie had torn into him quite so fiercely, but oddly satisfied when she turned around and did the same thing to Evan. Somehow, however, he got the feeling that she was more upset with him than the guy who'd made her cry. And his stomach sank as he realized what her anger meant in terms of Evan's argument. Well, shit, if she was this upset, then that meant that he was right, didn't it? At least to some extent. But just how much was he right about? Damn it, what was he supposed to do with this information?

Confused and still angry, and just a tiny bit hurt by this information, he glared at Evan as the bastard had the nerve to smirk about this. It seemed a little stupid of him to be so smug over a victory that obviously put him on Sophie's shit list. Even if he was mad, too, Sophie could hold a grudge for a long time if she wanted. It seemed like going to her would be a fool's errand until she cooled down. Since he and Evan had created a bit of a scene, he apologized to a few people nearby, grabbed his things and then started to leave.

Sophie was pissed and sad and felt betrayed. She was so confused about what to think and feel when it came to Evan, and his actions hadn't helped. Why had he told Drew about that? Probably because drew had provoked him somehow. But that didn't mean he had a right to say anything! Hadn't he just had a fit over keeping his own secrets? One would think that he would understand.

Apparently, one would also be wrong. Either way, she didn't want to see or deal with another human being for a long time. But of course, that was a stupid thing to wish for. She did have a roommate after all. And there she came, right on cue, to ruin absolutely the last shred of composure she had. Really, she would feel awful about this later. Amy was just trying to be nice and supportive--friendly. But the last person she needed to see or hear from was this clueless little thing. The one who'd pretty much tried to take advantage of Drew twice now. She was plenty pissed about that in her own way.

"Amy, not now. I know you're just trying to help, but you are like, the last person I want to see, so please just leave me alone." Her eyes reflected a sort of dangerous edginess--it was mixed with anger and sadness into a weird expression that the artist probably would have loved to draw. If it hadn't been on her face. "Please, just don't."

Amy was stunned.

She had thought they had been getting along fine, but Sophie's reaction to her mere presence told her otherwise. Her eyes grew wide, and the hurt registered on her face. What had she done? She couldn't have possibly done anything to Sophie. Sophie had pretty much been right beside Amy the entire time. Was it Drew? But...Sophie all ready knew about that mistake, and hadn't reacted this way. Why would she react this way now? Amy couldn't figure out what she had done, or why Sophie would act like she did.

"I - I'm sorry." Amy intoned, letting her head fall. Was should she do? She immediately thought of Drew, and wondered if Drew knew what was going on with Sophie. Maybe he could explain why she had acted the way she had. But if he really knew...would she be leaving alone like that? No, that wasn't Drew's style. That meant she had to tell Drew something was bothering Sophie. He would want to know, right?

Amy stood there, head drooped, trying her best not to cry.

Amy was probably right to be upset, but sometimes a girl just needed to be by herself and as far away from a secret rival as possible. Sophie was a pretty enlightened person...until you started to poke at her heart. Then things became less enlightened and more...turbulent to say the least. It was honestly hard not to cry at the moment. Not only did she have this problem with Evan to work out, but now Evan had gone and revealed that she used to have feelings for Drew. Not only that, but that she'd cried over him. And if that weren't enough, she was forced to relive it all now that he'd brought it back into the light. She couldn't talk to her best friend because he was involved in the weirdness, and she would rather be chased by an angry mob than tell Amy anything about this little chapter of her life. So who could she turn to now?

The answer was either to call home or find a place to be alone. Being alone seemed more appealing at this point in time. Evan still had her extra blanket and pillow, but she could buy new ones with school colors at the book store. And she could find an unoccupied study room in the library to go sulk in for a good two hours before she had to find a new place to be alone. Sure, that seemed reasonable. And when she was done being a hermit, then she could sort out her emotions and talk to people to explain what the hell was going on and figure out what to do about it. So off she went to the dorm to get in the fastest shower she could, grab her music and wallet, and run away for a little while.

Okay. So, if he had it right, the girl he'd grown up with and thought of as a sister for most of his life (he was only human, after all) had apparently had feelings for him that went beyond a pseudo-sibling level. If he understood correctly, his constant obliviousness and lack of interest had caused this girl, whom he loved dearly, enough pain to actually make her cry. More than once. God, he felt sick. The best person he knew was in pain (at some point) because he couldn't pull his head out of his ass long enough to notice and acknowledge that she really liked him. Instead, he'd just gone on and on about how much he liked Amy, despite her not being a free woman.

Wasn't he the perfect picture of an ass king? Sighing, he resigned himself to the idea that his relationship with Sophie just wasn't as good as he'd thought. If you could overlook someone's love for you, then clearly, you didn't really deserve their love. It must have been painful for Sophie to realize it and not be able to do anything about it. Not to mention the salt in her wounds that had to have come from living with Amy. Oh, God, that must have been torture. No wonder she'd never wanted to hang out in her room. No wonder she'd never made friends with the girl until recently. As the immensity of his density struck him, he began to wonder what had changed for Sophie. How clueless was he about her feelings and circumstances? How selfish had he been?

Had he just been in denial? Was he making a mistake now by denying a girl who'd made it very clear that she was interested in him? What was the right thing to do? And did it really matter? God, why did his head hurt so much? And why did he feel nothing but despair and panic, knowing that he couldn't talk to Sophie about any of this until she'd had time to cool down. He headed out of the gym in a daze only to find Amy standing there, her head drooped. Was she sad? Crying?

Damn it. Not another one!

"Amy?"

Amy was standing there, racking her brain for an answer to this new problem. When she heard a familiar voice call out to her, she spun, and found Drew exiting the gym. Sophie had been wearing gym clothes, and here Drew was leaving the gym. He looked a bit worse for wear as well, which clued Amy off that Drew knew something, possibly had even been a part of it. She looked at him for a moment, before meeting halfway from where she was. "Sophie...she's upset. She just yelled at me. I didn't do anything by accident, did I? Do you know anything?"

Her voice was small, but it thankfully didn't shake. She looked at Drew, curiousity and a little sadness mixing around on her face. Sophie had had a rough couple of days, and Amy had truly only hoped for it to begin to get better. Had Evan had a part of this? Now that she thought about it, that might have been Evan that had been rushing away from the gym right before she noticed Sophie. If the three of them had been in the gym together...was that what this was all about? Just a bunch of people who shouldn't be near each other being together? She really hoped that wasn't the case, as that would have far deeper consequences than just a little argument between Sophie and Drew.

After all, it was entirely possible that Sophie could be set off like that from something small like a spat with Drew. Especially after the deal with Evan.

Right?

One look at Amy's face told him exactly how crushed she was that Sophie would snap at her. The poor girl had no way of knowing what Sophie was going through or why she might be particularly inclined to snap at Amy. He sighed as she asked if he knew anything. It wasn't really his place to tell Amy, and judging by Sophie's reaction to the way Evan had told him, it would be wise to keep his mouth shut. For now, the best he could do was try to take her mind off of it.

"It's not your fault. She's upset about something else. I tried to start a fight with Evan and things got kind of ugly. She broke it up, and she wasn't really pleased with either of us..." He shook his head and cupped her cheek with his hand. "Don't worry, though. She'll cool off. She just needs time to herself when she gets like this. What did she say to you, Amy? You look upset." Yes, the best thing to do was to wait it out. She'd said to hold off, so he would. He couldn't do anything about the way Sophie was feeling, but he could finally set a few things straight between him and Amy.

"You got in a fight with Evan?" Well, that explained a lot. Amy knew that probably put Sophie in a very difficult position since she did legitimately care for both boys, but Sophie had to expect that Drew would have started something. She had to expect this. Why was she that upset? It didn't make a whole lot of sense. "Why did you start a fight with Evan? What did he do?" She had to ask that. Because according to Sophie, Evan had been an ass lately. Maybe he provoked Drew. Maybe it was Evan's fault.

But she knew how Drew was. He was hot headed, so what he considered provocation was probably nothing. "Sophie's really not having a good few days, is she. I wish there was something we could do for her."

Drew sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "Well, there's a possibility I overreacted. I didn't hit him, though. I feel like I should start with that. I wanted to, but I didn't. But he made her cry, so every time I saw him looking unaffected it pissed me off." He frowned. "It escalated pretty quickly, but it was all with words, and Sophie was upset with both of us." He looked down at Amy and sighed. "Yeah. But she just needs to be by herself to calm down. Whatever she said was probably just the heat of the moment..." He sighed, deciding to let Sophie handle the details. "For now, you should just go about your day."

"Kind of hard to just go about my day when I live with the woman who apparently hates me. I do have to go back to my room at some point." She looked at Drew, knowing an easy solution to her problem. She couldn't bring herself to ask him though, especially last time they ended up in a room alone together. Thinking of other solutions really quickly, she decided she could return to her room, grab her stuff, and go to the library and work on her homework. She did have just a little bit. Maybe she could get ahead on a few classes.

Oh, who was she kidding?

"But anyway, I thought I was going to go to the gym. I don't know if I want to anymore, after that." She looked up at Drew, smiling just a little. "What about you?"

Back
Top Bottom