Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's giving me a complex (Candira and Agnores)

Evan smiled. "Yeah, this place is good."

He looked around for a bit, idly wondering about the time, but he decided that it wasn't important. He turned back to her as she began to scoop her food into the to-go box. "Well, my roommate is gone for the weekend if you wanted some more me and you time. Otherwise, I'm up for anything." He smiled at her, standing up and taking the check the waiter had left with her to-go box. "I'll go pay for this, meet me by the doors when you are done?"

Evan smiled before he turned and made his way towards the front of the building. He met the waiter at the register, who smiled at him. "She's cute," the waiter said as he rung up the food. Evan laughed, shaking his head a bit. "Tell me about it." He offered up his debit card for the meal, which the waiter took and slid through the reader. "You probably have her hooked," the waiter said as he handed the card back. "They way she looked at both the food and you, I think you may have her under your thumb."

Evan didn't reply to that, just laughed, signed the receipt, and left towards the door, waiting on Sophie.

She might have objected to him paying for everything if she hadn't sensed that she wouldn't get very far with her argument. But maybe she could treat him to something later? It only seemed fair, after all. Sophie nodded when he asked to meet her by the doors. She slipped her purse over her shoulder and grabbed her box when she was finished. He was just getting there himself when she arrived. "Well...I think I might have an idea about what to do next, but it will require a trip back to one of our dorm rooms, either one is fine, and at least one blanket. Possibly a pillow." She nodded and got a little glint in her eye.

She wasn't thinking of sex, but she wondered where his mind would take it. If he would agree first and ask later, or need to know what it was she wanted right away. Either way, the idea struck her as a good one and she had a feeling it would be a good night. She had no way of knowing that the waiter had said she was probably under Evan's thumb, but if she'd heard it she might be inclined to agree. The only thing that made her a little sad was that she wished she'd noticed him and his affection for her much sooner.

Evan blushed damn near audibly when she made her suggestion, his mind racing with the possibility of what she meant. His hand found its way to the back of his head, his eyes fixing to a spot on the ceiling. "Yeah, sure, w-we can stop by your room." Evan hadn't intended to stutter, and that in fact was very weird for him. Sophie was really affecting him, he decided. If she were any other girl, he would have remained his suave self, agreeing wholeheartedly. What did this night have in store for him? Evan couldn't be sure.

Could he?

He took her by the hand, leading her towards his car. When they got to the passenger side door, he leaned over and kissed her, lightly, before opening her door and resuming his butler act from earlier. "Madam," he said motioning for her to take her seat. Once she was in, he moved over to the driver's seat and got in, shutting the door and starting the car. "So, we'll stop by your room and then head to mine, sound good?" The blush had returned to his cheek, but he hadn't stuttered. He still avoided Sophie's eye, still afraid he had gotten to the wrong conclusion.

Though she knew it was mean, the way Evan blushed was so cute and funny that Sophie didn't correct him right away. The stutter had her grinning like the Cheshire Cat as she desperately tried to keep from laughing. She smiled up at him and happily took his hand, keeping her mouth shut on the short stroll. When they got back to the car, she noticed that he seemed a little more at ease, but the blush was still there. She kissed him back and let him open the door for her. At his butler act she nodded imperiously and then buckled up.

When he was back in the car, she laughed a little as he refused to make eye contact. "That's not what I meant, Screamer," she teased. "As much as I'm sure that would be amazing with you, I wasn't talking about having sex with you. I was just thinking it might be nice to do some stargazing. We agreed to take it slower, right? So we're taking it slower.

His blush deepened, and Evan's head fell into his hands. After a few moments, he raised his head up, smiling towards her. "You never know, I may have those little glow in the dark stars on my ceiling." He laughed, shaking his head. Yup, wrong conclusion. Worse yet, she had been so freakin' blunt about it! The compliment in what she had said to him hadn't been lost though, and it made Evan smile, though it did not stop him from being embarrassed as hell.

He drove back to the campus, avoiding Sophie's eye due to embarrassment. When they had finally arrived, his blush had lessened, but not by much. He opened her door as usual, still avoiding her gaze. "To your room, then, is it?" He said, taking her by the hand. "And where exactly are you planning on stargazing at, hm?"

She smiled and chuckled to herself pretty much the whole way back, trying to make it not obvious. She must have succeeded because he didn't seem nearly as bright red as he had been before. But he was adorable, even when embarrassed, and she had been kind of mean. So when he took her hand and helped her out of the car she apologized. "I'm sorry. I initially worded it poorly, but I wanted to see what you'd do with it. Frankly, sir, you're adorable when you turn red. She stopped him and tugged him down for a little kiss.

"I have a spot picked out for stargazing. I'll just drop off my stuff and grab what we need from my room if you want to come with me," she said. With that, she squeezed his hand and started them walking again.

Evan followed Sophie wordlessly, still shaking his head. At this point, he coudln't tell if he was embarrassed that he had jumped to sex almost literally the night after asking her to go slow, or if he was disappointed it wasn't happening. Still, anytime spent with Sophie was good time, and Evan wasn't about to dwell on the matter much more than he needed to.

He walked beside Sophie, occassionally turning to smile at the goddess next to him. As they approached her dorm, he stopped her, turning her around so she faced him. "You are beautiful, you know that?" He asked, pulling her close and wrapping his arms around her. "So beautiful I don't deserve to be with you," he continued, leaning down and kissing her. It was a strong kiss, passionate, and as he did so his arms wrapped tighter around her. After a few seconds he pulled away, relenting his grip on her.

He smiled at her. "Shall we continue?" he asked, as if nothing had happened.

Sophie didn't mind taking things slow with him. It just gave her more time to appreciate who she was with. How lucky she was to be with him. She held his hand, swinging their arms a little as they walked because it was fun. A few glances went his way as well, and she couldn't help but smile back. When he stopped her, though, it was her turn to be surprised. She blushed deeply at his compliments and felt her heart beat even faster as he pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her.

Though she wanted to correct that last part of his, he'd effectively managed to shock her into silence with sweetness. And then proceeded to kiss her brainless. She wrapped her arms around him, careful not to tip her leftovers onto him, and kissed him back. The people walking by had varied reactions--some ignoring it completely, others staring, some others still giving a little cheer--but Sophie was really only aware of one person. And he was practically making her dizzy with want. She panted softly, heart racing, face a little rosier than usual.

She stared at him for a moment, just breathless as he let her go and asked if she wanted to continue. A second later she laughed and took his hand again. "Yes, I do believe we shall." She squeezed his hand and headed back to her dorm with him, feeling very lucky indeed. Maybe it was good that they were taking it slow.

He noted the reaction the kiss seemed to have on her, an idea forming in his head. He did indeed want to take things slow with Sophie, but that didn't mean he couldn't have his fun, did it? He could seemingly drive her crazy, make her want him so bad she couldn't resist, and then resist her. A soft smile crept over his lips at his deliciously evil idea, and he wondered if he would have a chance to try it tonight. He of course didn't want it to actually tip over into doing something, as he valued this budding relationship with Sophie too highly, but that wouldn't stop him from messing around with her.

His smile persisted until they reached Sophie's room, where he glanced at her. "I'll wait out here," he said, giving her a light kiss and leaning against the wall.

Amy hadn't heard from Sophie, which meant that Sophie was probably having a good night. She idly wondered if that meant what Drew had been worried about had been right, but she tried not to dwell on it. Sophie could take of herself, and if she had agreed to do anything with Evan it wasn't likely to be he was good with words.

She flipped idly through the TV channels, unaware Sophie and Evan were right outside the door.

Sophie smiled at the little kiss he gave her and nodded. "Sure. I'll be right out." She unlocked the door and smiled at Amy when she came in. "Hey." She closed the door behind her and put her purse away and then put her leftovers away. "I'm not staying long--still on my date. I just needed some stuff for stargazing. And in response to your text, things are going very well."

She grinned and grabbed a spare pillow from her bed and a picnic blanket from a container under her bed. When she had it she hurried back to the door, pretty much ignoring her roommate in favor of the man waiting for her in the hall. She waved and said, "See ya later!" before she came back to the hall, keys in her pocket.

Amy had time to blink before Sophie was gone, it seemed. She sat there, staring for a second, before picking up her phone and texting drew. Sophie is going to be just fine, she sent.

Evan smiled when Sophie reappeared, offering to take some of the stuff for her. "Lead on, gorgeous," he said after taking anything handed over to him, and followed behind her. He wondered where this stargazing spot of her's was, and though he didn't have much interest in stargazing itself, he would be interested to hear anything Sophie had to say on the matter. Stargazing wasn't something he would have ever thought off, to be sure, but he could bet it was better than any alternatives, at least at this stage in their relationship.

He walked to her side, smiling at her occasionally as she led them to her spot.

Sophie smiled and handed all the things she'd grabbed to him and hooked her arm in his as they walked back out. She led him through campus to a hill in the middle of campus that had a nice clearing and stopped. "Riiiight here," she said, with a big grin. "I come here when I really want to look at the stars. Of course, I try not to do it for too long because a girl by herself in the dark isn't smart, but you know." She smiled and took the blanket from him, smoothing it out on the ground. Then she put the pillow down near the top and lay down there, looking up at both him and the stars. "Come down here," she said with a smile.

The pretty artist watched him, appreciating--not for the first time--just how handsome he really was. She'd always found him attractive, but now, she could see him for everything he was, and he was amazing. And she was too beautiful for him to deserve? As if such a thing could really be true.

Evan didn't need to be told twice; he laid down next to Sophie, adjusting himself so that one arm was under her, and the other resting behind his head on the pillow. His gaze looked up at the night sky only briefly before falling back down to Sophie, a soft smile crossing his lips. It was nice here, Evan thought; it was a cool night, not to warm and not to cold. He was surrounded by beautiful sights, one being Sophie, the other being the sky above them. He was full of good food, and he was relaxed; given half a chance, Evan would fall asleep right here.

After a tiny bit of silence, Evan finally spoke up. "I don't know much about constellations and such. Couldn't pick any of them out if I tried," Evan admitted, his gaze moving from Sophie back to the sky. "About the only thing related to stars I have ever paid attention to was the zodiac, and I'm not even really sure those two things are actually related." Evan gave a small laugh at the point, looking back to Sophie.

When he was settled, she cuddled into his side, looking up at the stars with him. They spent a moment in silence and then she felt his gaze on her. She smiled and then looked away from the stars and back at him. She smiled and let him hold her, relaxing herself as he told her he didn't know much about stars. At his admission, she smiled and shook her head. "The zodiac signs are all constellations, actually. Astronomy and Astrology are strongly linked because of it. The horoscope has to do with the position of the constellations in the sky. It's kind of a fascinating process, but I forget how it actually goes." She smiled and kissed his cheek. "So, what's your sign baby?" She asked in the cheesiest voice she could manage.

Evan laughed, and would have rolled away from her had his arm not been under her. "Let's make a promise we won't do that again, hm?" He chuckled, watching the night sky above him. "Cancer, though. To answer your question. As cheesy as it may be. You?" He looked down at her, a smile on his face. He was comfortable like this, her cuddled into his side. As his eyes fell upon her's, he realized just how comfortable this was; it was like they were back on the futon, and Evan felt the sleepiness beginning to weigh in on him.

Damn, she was comfortable.

She laughed with him--mostly because of his priceless expression. Nevertheless, she made a promise to never pull that one out again and watched him as he stared up at the stars. Sophie smiled when he actually answered the question. Her curiosity had been genuine, despite the silly delivery. When he returned the question, she grinned. "Scorpio. Apparently you're the nurturing type and I'm a sex bomb, according to the books anyway," she chuckled. Her gaze lingered on his eyes for a long moment before she rested her head on his shoulder and looked up at the stars again.

"Mmm, I love this." She was comfortable in every way, and confident that even if someone bothered them, she would be safe with Evan. Moments as sweet as this made her glad they were taking things slow. Despite the fact that Evan was almost ridiculously attractive and very much into her, the urge to jump his bones wasn't present at the moment. She was content to just lie here under the stars with him.

"Can you play any instruments?" she asked curiously. It was a weird question, but she got the idea in her head that it would be the perfect time for some soft music. Besides, musicians were pretty hot in her book. Plus, she could have all kinds of fun later on with innuendo if she wanted to give him a hard time.

"I can see that," Evan said to her comment about Cancers and Scorpios. He smiled at her, turning his gaze back up to the sky.

There was a few minutes of comfortable silence, where Evan was fighting sleep, before Sophie asked if he could play any instruments, something that Evan hadn't expected. His gaze fell to her, and he nodded. "Yeah, I can play a little bit of the bass guitar. By a little bit, I mean I can keep a rhythm and strum one note at a time. Before I sold my bass, I was intending to practice a lot and get really good." He smiled at her, remembering his old bass. He had bought it days after seeing Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, a movie that Evan had been completely enthralled by. His bass even resembled the one Scott Pilgrim himself used.

Like Scott Pilgrim, Evan wasn't very good at it. "I like the bass though," he added. "I'm good with my fingers, so it wasn't hard to learn." He couldn't help but smile at that.

She chuckled at the double meaning and felt a little juvenile because of it. Still, it was fascinating to her that he was able to play anything--she certainly wasn't. "Really? That's so cool. I wish I could play something. I can read music and sing a little, but I never really learned how to play anything." She looked up at him and wondered why he'd sold his bass. She asked, running her fingers through his hair--mostly just because she could.

"I just needed a bit of money at the time, which was more important than me learning the bass." Evan replied to her question.

Her fingers running through his hair calmed him by a lot, despite him all ready being pretty calm. His own fingers traced idle circles on his back, and his gaze had fell down to her. He no longer cared about the stars, just this lovely lady lying next to him. He moved over just slightly, so he could give her a light kiss. He pulled back slightly afterwards, watching her, then kissed her again, this time with a little more force.

Sophie could understand the need for cash outweighing the need for art. She got the feeling that she'd only be able to take commissioned works for awhile once she got out of college and into the real world. But that was okay. She could find other work, too. In the mean time, however, she'd worry about finishing college first, and while she was here, she could focus on the man in front of her. And he wasn't having any trouble keeping her attention. His warm fingers traced over her back and she blushed just a little as his gaze settled on her. For a moment, it was as if she was the only thing he saw, and the intensity made her blush.

When he kissed her, she let the tenderness sweep away the rest of the world for her, too. Her eyes stayed locked on his as he put just a breath of distance between them. As he leaned back into her, she met him there, kissing him back, melting into him as he showed her more passion--more force. She gave as good as she got, wanting to just stay like this, for awhile. This was an impossibly sweet moment, and she didn't want to lose it too quickly.

Evan's actions were careful; he didn't want to give Sophie the wrong impression, or idea. As Sophie reacted to his kisses, his grip around her tightened. He wanted this moment to be forever, to last until the sun was up. However, after a few seconds, he broke away, his eyes still fixed on her. He didn't say anything, but he didn't need to; his eyes shown with everything he was feeling, a sense of wonder and comfort and...A smile crawled its way further across Evan's face, continuing to lose himself in Sophie's eyes.

To him, the world had truly ceased to exist. Homework, passerby's, Ryan, Drew, Amy; none of it mattered. All that Evan was concerned with was the goddess lying next to him, and how long he could keep her lips onto his.

If there was one thing she loved about being held by Evan, it was the way he pulled her closer, holding her so tightly, as if she might disappear. She felt safe there, and warm in so many ways. But she wasn't going anywhere, at least not for awhile. It was the weekend and she didn't really have plans. Besides, even if he wanted to go, she wasn't sure her legs would listen. She was pretty much as relaxed as she could possibly be. Her earthy brown eyes stared into his for a long moment, pulling out all of the emotions as she found them.

Yes, with Evan she felt cherished, and she couldn't remember a time in her life when she'd ever felt this way. She really had had horrible luck with guys. She smiled at him and gently ran her fingers through his hair, gently running her knuckles down his cheek to rest her hand on his shoulder. "So tell me something about you I don't know yet," she said with a smile. Her lips gently brushed against his, letting him talk or shut her up--whatever he wanted.

Evan's free hand moved to Sophie's cheek; at first it was a gentle caress, but as Evan pressed his lips against Sophie's, it slid back and he ran his fingers through her hair. The kiss was the most forceful yet, and Evan's tongue gently probed at Sophie's, asking permission. The arm wrapped around her tightened, and the hand behind her head pulled her into the kiss more. It was as if Evan was enveloping Sophie, covering her with his warmth and protection. After a short while, Evan pulled away. His eyes stayed on Sophie's, and his next words were barely a whisper.

"Tu sei la donna più bella del mondo."

What he said in and of itself was not a revelation about himself, but the way he said it. It was something he had taken classes on back in high school, but now he only remembered various words and phrases. Having just the right phrase for this instance was a plus, he thought, as he watched for Sophie's reaction to him speaking Italian.

Warmth poured out of her as he pulled her into another passionate kiss. He took her breath away, his tongue gently seeking permission. She parted her lips for him, welcomed him as his arm tightened around her, his hand in her thick, silky locks. She was completely overwhelmed by his presence, and though it made her feel a little weak, it filled her with passion and a strange strength. Most of all, she felt a need for him. She kissed him back, her body pressing against his as they embraced.

When he broke the kiss, she was breathless and a little flushed. Her golden skin had a touch of rosiness and her soft lips were just a little swollen, but she'd never complain about that. Dazed and floored by the intensity of his feelings she watched him as he whispered to her. For a moment she thought it was Spanish, but she picked up the Italian and smiled. She hadn't taken a class in the language, but if her Spanish wasn't horrible, she could pick out the meaning of a few words. She smiled softly and humored him with the question, "What did you say?"

He loved the way she pressed into him, the way she looked at him when he broke the kiss. The rosiness, the breathlessness, the way she smiled when he spoke in Italian. As he looked down on her, he realized there was nothing about this girl he didn't like, and that he would be happy with nothing but her in his life. When she asked about what he said, he smiled, shaking his head ever so slightly.

"That is for me to know and you to find out," he whispered.

He leaned in once more as if he was going to kiss her, but he never connected; he floated tauntingly near, watching her reactions each time he would act as if the kiss would connect when it wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom