Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Studying the Fauna and Flora (Wingshadow & myself)

"Draw me, too?" Amaya gave him a gentle smile before releasing him and sitting down on the ground beside him. She curled her legs up under herself as she sat, which was a remarkably ladylike way of sitting when compared to her typical way of going about things. The mantis, more often than not, came across as something between a ninja and a Japanese samurai. Her short bangs rested calmly upon her forehead, slightly brushed to the side by the wind as her clear dark green eyes gazed up at him. Her tight leather-like bodysuit clung to her, showing off a fair amount of her distinctly feminine curves. She tilted her head to the side slightly, apparently unaware of how adorable her pose was at the moment.

Lynda simply placed her right hand on her hip while the other hung by her side, shifting her weight slightly to the right while turning her shoulders toward the two young men who where attempting to draw all three girls as best they were able. Eris loosened the obi, or yukata sash, around her middle, allowing it to slip down to her shoulders as she bent her legs slightly raised her hands in the air in a joyful pose. The inari, for one, definitely enjoyed all the attention she was getting, especially if one took the wagging of her tails as any sort of clue.

Aiden gave a very small nod as a yes. He turned as Amaya sat down before him. It was amazing how suddenly her attitude seemed to change. One moment she seemed like a cold, calculating warrior of sorts, next she was, actually seemingly normal, innocemt and even playful. He found it to be confusing but enjoyable all at once. "Okay, try not to move much," he told her and began to quickly draw her, his motions where fluid and craceful almost. Soon he had a rough drawing of her which he was beginning to refine with another piece of paper and after less then an hour he had a fully illustrated version, colored even though he lacked the proper amount so it was mostly the green of her armor and black of her hair. "What do you think?"

Zack stuck with drawing the two girls, as Seth mumbled how he wished he could draw. His brother wanted to point out he could if he stopped sleeping around so much but he focused on his work at the moment. He paid special attention to her tails, she seemed to care most about those anyways, though her rather sensual pose was hard to ignore too.

Amaya smiled and nodded in an excited manner, takign the picture in both her hands carefully and looking it over. She seemed to get more entusiastic by the moment, cheeks flushed and eyes watering ever so slightly. Quite easily to pelase, she was eager to thank him in a way she knew he would enjoy. The mantis girl jumped on Aiden and began to rub her chest up against his, as her way of thanking him for such a lovely picture.

Eris, on the other hand, noticed the way Zack seemed distracted by her current pose and state of dress, flashing him a curious smile, "Do you... find my body appealing, Zack? You've been staring at me for quite a while now."

"That's just because he's drawing you... Don't read too much into it, fluffy," Lynda snapped, flapping her wings twice as if to encourage some air circulation, "He's... Looking at me as well, don't you know."

Zack felt like he was in a tug of war between the two. His brother was fuming as it seemed, quiet obviously hating his lack of artistic skill. Zack ket quiet as he drew, though his two subjects did move an awful lot as they spoke but he did his best to capture there first pose. He was not as good as Aiden, but he thought once done he had done a very good job indeed. "Well////what do you two think?' he asked though he was afraid they might ruin the pictures as they where arguing.

Aiden chuckled a bit his hands clasping on the mantis girls firm backside as she rubbed herself against him. "You...mmmmfff...weff..com.." he managed in between her groping and her breasts at times in his face. He was slowly getting used to this, though he had to watch for her blades else he find himself in pieces, they where sharper then any sword he had seen.

"There, there, Seth... You don't need a picture of me because you have the real thing in front of you," Eris fluttered her eyelashes and gave her lover a tender, sensual hug, her tails wagging in a pleased manner, "Pictures are nice and all, but if you stay with me you won't ever need one to remember me by, right?"

"Its... Fine I suppose," Lynda turned her head away from the picture when it was presented to her, a bit flattered that he had put so much time and effort into accurately painting her appearance onto the canvas, "W-well, you need to continue with your research, right? I'll be here if you need any help with something, but don't call me if you need me for something insignificant, got it?"

Amaya's cheeks flushed as she gently pushed him down onto his back and hopped onto him, her thighs clasping around his hips as she laid her head down on his chest. Her blades where carefully tucked away and out of danger, even though she didn't realize they were causing him a certain amount of worry.

Seth smirked "Hell no," he replied embracing her back and sure to cup her firm backside as he did. He was glad she was such a devoted lover, not to mention her other perks. "Alright lets get going....." he said to her, Zack would follow, Aiden seemed to have his hands full.

Zack smiled "Sure you wont miss me?" he asked her, looking at his dragon lover. "I'm not sure what isignoficant is to you...but I';ll call if I get lonely...feel free to come if you do to," he said to follow his brother.

Aiden sqiurmed. "Amaya...we need to follow them," he said though he was getting a bit excited by her tender nature.

"Just... Get going, idiot," Lynda briefly paused and kissed him on the cheek before spreading her wings and flapping them with great force, creating a gust as she lifted up into the air. She wasn't the greatest at goodbyes, and despite what she said she had grown quite fond of the young man in the short time they had spent together.

"Take care of yourself, Zack... I'll see you again on the second full moon," she gave him one last backward glance as she flew out over the lake toward a small rocky outcropping on the other bank where she was planning on building her nest and watch over it for the next two months it would take to hatch. Amaya nodded and slid herself off of Aiden, allowing him to get back up and follow the others. Eris reluctantly peeled herself off of Seth and walked beside him, reaching out and taking his arm into her hands and pressing him against her side in an affectionate manner.

And so, the three young men departed to search out new creatures which inhabited the wilderness... Unaware of what awaited them as they went forward. To their right was a thick grove of trees extending deeper into the forest, while there was another route which wound up toward the hills and mountain passes, and yet another opened up into a wide prairie.

"This is some strange forest," Zack said as the routes seemed to split into three different distinct ranges. It was either more trees, more grass, or mountains, to all three go through one route at a time would take forever, and would require a lot of backtracking. He looked at the map, there had to be an area where they could once more meet up. "Hey guys...I think we should all choose a place to go and meet up....here," he said it would lead out of the forest, though the mountain pass would be the most treacherous of them, Aiden was not fit to travel such a place, and being alone made it dangerous.

"Alright well....Aiden hasn't climbed much....so guess I'll take the mountains," Seth replied giving Eri a look as if to ask that was fine right?

"Alright...now which is it for use?" Zack asked the younger boy, whom did not seem to particularily mind either one honestly. "I'm not much for the trees anymore....so I'll go with Amaya through the prairie," he said thinking it would be the easiest route and least likely he would be attacked by something so Amaya would not need to be on guard as much.

"I love the mountains... There is plenty of fresh air and beautiful views up there," Eris smiled, although in all honesty she would have been happy with whichever choice he made as long as she was allowed to come along with Seth, "The going might be slow due to the rocky terrain, but there are lots of creatures living up in the mountains for you to study, so its a good choice."

When Aiden chose the prairie, Amaya merely nodded and walked beside her mate, taking hold of his arm in both of hers carefully and gazing up into his eyes as if to assure him that she would protect him no matter what they encountered. Mantis were forest monster girls, and leaving their native area made them somewhat uneasy since it exposed them to possible predators, but she was determined to brave the dangers in order to stay by his side and protect him as she had promised. And so, the three brothers set off on their separate ways to continue their study of the fauna and flora, Zack to the depths of the forest, Aiden to the prarie lands, and Seth to the mountain pass.

Aiden's prarie path soon led him out of the forest, opening into a wide field of tall grasses and strange-looking plants that looked like giant buds. Far in the distance were small groups of horse-like creatures which roamed the hills, while closer to the forest flew yellow creatures which skirted the forest's edge and hovered about the large, bud-like plants as if waiting for them to open. Aiden and Amaya were far enough away, however, that none of the plants or animals seemed to take much notice of them for now.

Eris led Seth up the mountain pass, which was, as she had predicted, rather rough in terrain. She delicately hopped from rock to rock in an agile manner, especially considering that she was still wearing a restrictive yukata at the time. The Inari seemed quite familiar with this particular area, as it had at one time been her home, but she made no mention of this fact. Instead, she continued to chat back and forth with her lover about the various creatures that they might encounter.

"Just a little ways further is a small valley and network of caves which belong to goblins. They are short creatures that resemble human females, and although they are not particularly intelligent, there are quite a lot of them and they won't hesitate to group up and attempt to take you back to their village if they spot you," Eris beckoned to him to join her at the top of a craggy outcropping on the side of the path, pointing down toward a sudden drop to the left. Sure enough, toward the bottom of the mountain valley stood a central fire-pit and several caves opening inward. There were a few small huts in the clearing, but most of the dwellings where in the mountain caves themselves. Well over two dozen small creatures milled about around the fire, chatting and eating what appeared to be roasted lamb.

In the forest, Zack's path brought him even deeper into the dark forest, almost to the point at which it resembled the thick of night even though it was the middle of the day. As the went deeper, he began to draw attention to himself with every step he took... Large creatures shuffled about just out of view while the forest itself seemed to groan and creak all around him. The thick, gnarled roots which had overgrown the old forest path made traveling difficult and slow... And before long, he would find himself face-to-face with one of the larger creatures, practically unknown to the modern world.

-----

(There are Harpies, Yuki-onna, and goblins along the mountain pass, alrune (more exotic, forest types), Dryad, centaur, spider-type monster girls, in the forest depths, and honey bees, alrune (prairie flower types), centaur in the prairie)

Zack felt a bit uneasy as he noticed the forest seemed much darker, less sunlight permeated the trees as he walked into it. "Now....I wish she was with me," he muttered gently already missing the presence of his busty dragoness. He wondered if she was missing him too, he could only imagine her sitting by the lake, lonely. He shook his head, now wasn't the time to get himself excited.

"I wonder what lives here though," he thought, he also wondered if all creatures where female, it seemed very much like it and he was certain they might all have similar motives as Lynda. He hoped they where good conversationalists like the dragon at the very least.

Just as those words left Zack's lips, a large presence stepped up behind him and tapped him on his shoulder. In the dim forest light, he would probably only be able to see the outline of her body, that of a well-endowed woman with a familiar garment, namely a yukata, wrapped around her upper body. Most of her lower body was concealed by the thick undergrowth by the side of the path, but even in the darkness he could probably tell that she wasn't human. Her soft smile and elegantly tied hair, however, gave the impression of someone who paid quite a bit of attention to her appearance.

"Are you lost, young man? Hardly anyone takes these old forest paths anymore... Its quite sad, I used to have a little shop at the edge of the forest where I would peddle my wares," the woman tilted her head to the side slightly, "I'm afraid those days are long past, though, so I rarely meet travelers such as yourself... Oh, please pardon my rudeness, I'm Minori, one of the many guardians who reside within this forest. Who might you be?"

Zack nearly jumped as he felt the tap upon his shoulder, he turned to see a woman, or the very least something that looked like one. She was very beautiful, and only slightly taller then he. Not as big as Lynda. Her clothing was like the fox girls, though it seemed made of a finner thread, probably very expensive indeed. He took a few moments before he realized she had spoken, he had been staring at her figure rather rudely.

"Oh...pardon me my name is Zack," he replied, bowing his head in a formal sort of way. "I'm not so much lost...as I am not sure where it is to go to," he replied. She had an odd sort of feeling about her, but he could not see her more inhuman features as well in this light. "It's a shame...you sound very much alone and lonely," he replied to her tale.

"Yes... I suppose I am," the woman smiled back at him in a sad sort of way, although her eyes glinted with delight upon noticing the attention he was paying to her body, "Could I, perhaps, interest you in some refreshments? My home is just a short ways away, and I would very much like to spend a little time with you before you continue on your way."

She reached out and took his hand gently in her own, the soft, warm touch of her hand sufficient to cause shivers to run down the spine of any man, no matter how resilient. The woman gave him a nod and tugged, leading him along the forest underbrush toward an even darker and deeper section of the forest. Her yukata brushed across the undergrowth without even the sound of footsteps, rather she seemed to glide along the forest floor as it were as silent as the whispers of the breeze. They eventually reached an extremely large tree, whose roots pushed it up into the air above them, suspended by the huge, pillar-like roots while casting a large shadow around them both. There were thick strands of thread strewn about, but the woman didn't seem to take much notice of them as she beckoned him closer to the darkness before them... Directly below the tree there was a tunnel leading downward, coated in webbing while a warm glow emanated from within.

Zack could not refuse, as she took his hand he seemed to almost allow her to move him, his body succumbing to her urgings. "Alright, lead the way," he said and followed her all the way to her dwelling.

Her movements where strange, though he noticed as she "walked" her body seemed unmoving, perhaps she floated or hovered above the ground. Was she a spirit of sorts? It did not matter to him. Upon reaching her home he found it strange, the large strands where oddly like a spider web. He shuddered at the thought of such things, he had the strangest fear of the eight legged lifeforms. His brother had no fear of them though, but he was oddly arachnaphobic.

(lol interesting)

She took him by the shoulders and gently pushed him toward the hole leading downward, sliding him down the slick spiderweb-lined passage downward as if it were a giant water slide of some sort. Zack would find himself in a small entryway of some sort, with wooden panels lining the walls. There was a long hallway leading deeper into the underground home, but as it was unlit she did not seem to intend to bring him down that way. Instead, there was an opening to the right where there was a room which closely resembled a kitchen of some sort. There was a small wooden oven in the corner beside a sink and food preparation table, with a dining room table in the far back. The walls were draped with elegant silk fabrics of bright coloration.

The woman finally followed, sliding in behind him with a rather abrupt thud as if her body was much heavier than she appeared to be. If he would turn at this point, he would discover a rather abrupt and (for him) frightening display as her spider lower body was now in full view. Her had long, armored legs colored with black and yellow in a striped patter,, the tips of her legs touching the earthen floor and gliding her along as she moved closer to him.

"Welcome... To my humble abode," she smiled softly, "Would you like some tea?"

Zack was enticed by the hanging fabrics, perhaps she used the spiders web to make such beautiful things. "Wow..." he said gently as he looked upon her art. "How did you manage to...." he said stopping dead in his tracks as he looked upon her. Her legs, all eight of them graced him, he felt his heart beat a bit quicker, though he did not wisjh to show he was openly disturned.

"Um...yes please," he said, if he focused on her human half his nerves calmed, unfortunetally it looked as if he was trying to undress her with his eyes.

The spider woman nodded and walked past him toward the stove top, pulling a teapot out from the cupboard and setting it atop the heating element. She then took out a small box of teabags and dropped four of them into the teapot before closing the lid. She then turned back toward the young man before him and gestured toward the table, "Please, have a set and make yourself at home... I haven't had visitors in such a long time, and this big empty house feels so lonesome at night..."

She sat down on the floor herself, her legs folding up in a neat manner as she did so, "We all used to live here together, you know... Mother, father, and my many sisters... While its true that they were not the most peaceful sort of people, we didn't want to cause unnecessary trouble to the humans in the nearby towns and villages. They would call us demon spiders, accusing us of eating humans to sate our lust for flesh. Although, I suppose that was true in anchient times, for generations we have taken it upon ourselves to eat only the meat of brute animals which have no understanding. Yet, that wasn't enough. My two oldest sisters were captured and burned to death, while my father and mother were caught in a human's trap and left to slowly starve to death... Throughout the years, our numbers have slowly and tragically dwindled until I alone, the youngest of my siblings, have survived."

Zack felt uneasy but he did as he was asked and went to sit across from her, he was not too close, but not to far as to make her beleive he was rude or afraid. If he showed fear then perhaps she might react, though she gave him no real reason to be afraid. He listened to her tale and felt a bit of sorrow for the spider woman. It truely was a lonely life to be the last of your kind, well he assumed she was in this forest at the very least.

"What of the villagers.....have they all died out?" he asked her not wanting to accuse her of taking revenge, but he saw no people in this forest assuming it wqs this forest where the villagers came from. He saw no sign of it and wondered how long she may have been here. Might she be long lived like say a dragon or a spirit?

"Some time after that, there was a great war between the peoples of the land, and the monsters such as myself hid in the darker and older places of the world until the ravages of war had subsided... I never knew what happened to that village, but following the war there have been very few travelers through these parts," the spider woman replied with a sigh, "I suppose karma might have caught up with them and punished them for their misdeeds by wiping them off the face of the earth, or at least forcing them to relocate... But the damage was done, for there are no mates in this forest, and this place has always been my home. I couldn't dream of leaving this place, even if it cost me my life."

Just then, the kettle began to whistle and the spider woman stood up suddenly and walked over to the stove, quickly pouring two cups of tea for them and carefully placing her guest's upon the table rather than drawing near and handing it to him directly. Being rather perceptive, she seemed to realize that he was keeping his distance due to fear or perhaps concern that she was not a human as she had at first appeared.

Zack's fear was slowly being replaced with empathy. Though she was a spider of sorts, he supposed that could he speak with any of the arachnid they might have similar stories to tell. He had a caring heart, and slowly she seemed more human then spider to him. As she gave him his cup he thanked her, though he noticed she did not come near him to do so. He too was perceptive and her change in closeness must have been triggered from his fear.

"Thank you...and...I'm sorry," he said to her. "For the destruction of your family and race here....by well....human beings," he said and then added "and for being a rude guest and being distant despite earlier," he said. "I am...quiet afraid of spiders.....it's a long childhood story....but I mean not to offend you in anyways," he said to her trying to make amends for his terrible manners.

"No... Its quite alright," the spider woman shook her head slowly, "I'm just glad that I have someone to talk to again. Its quite perplexing when you have to spend such long amounts of time all alone in this big old house that at one time was alive with my many relatives, but is now desolate and silent. I'm not even certain that the rooms are still in-tact, as I never go down the hallway... Its almost as if I'm afraid that their ghosts may still be lingering about."

"But... Please, tell me a bit about yourself, handsome young man," she smiled at him in a nearly seductive manner, "What brings you to my part of the forest?"

Zack found it odd she would be afraid of spirits, no less the spirits of her own family, but he did not think upon it as he sipped his tea. It tasted well, though the heat was not so welcome, he could not complain he had been growing thirsty after all and the hot liquid was a welcome comfort. He set the cup down as she asked about him. Her flirtatious manner struck him a bit but once more he only thought it to be due to her lack of company and simply smiled back, a bit charmingly.

"Well...I am looking for...well interesting things," he stated. "I was hired by a local lord to study the many creatures and flora of the kingdom...he seems to love knowledge and wishes to construct a sort of....tomb of such things," he stated. "It seems not many stayed within the forest for very long...as you claim to have not seen any other travelers, perhaos they thought to go further away,"

"I cannot say what reasons humans have for doing things, as I hardly know them very well myself... I was but a young child before the great war broke out... however, this local lord, you said, was interested in the creatures of the kingdom? That is a very bizarre request, indeed," the spider woman mused, tapping her right forefinger against her soft cheek, "Perhaps through works such as these, humans will come to better understand us monsters, and perhaps over time come to accept us rather than simply fearing and hating us. I understand that there may have been good reason for it in the past, but those days are long and gone... However sad I might be for the passing of my family, I have no desire to take revenge on humans in this current age. They had nothing to do with the evils of the past, as they weren't even alive then, and besides... Even if they were the same humans, it would simply perpetuate the cycle of hatred and death, and it wouldn't bring my parents or sisters back from the grave."

"So... Tell me... Are you planning on studying me a bit more for your report to this... Lord?" she tilted her head to the side slightly."I wouldn't mind answering any questions you might ave about my species... Or even myself personally."

Zack nodded thoughtfully, he was nt afraid of her now it seemed. Thats not to say a norma; spider would cause him fright, but he saw less of her spidery body and more of her human soul, or at the very least she was not so different from he. "Thats true I guess...no.....this lord is...well he is young and thoughtful....I do not question his reasons for this tomb of knowledge, but it seems like a worth while cause." He sipped more tea and then thought as she asked him more questions.

"I would very much like to study you if I could...." he said and as he placed the cup down he picked up a pen and paper to write things down. "Um...well....how does your species normally thrive....I'd asume using web and such no?" he asked thinking it was a bit of a dumb question as she was spider like she must hunt like one, though he wondered if having...womanly attributes helped her find prey.

"My methods are fairly straightforward... I spin thin yet strong threads across the hunting paths of animals, you know, like the trail that you were following. When they get caught, I simply wrap them up with threads until they tire, then swiftly put an end to their sufferings," the spider held up one of the pointed tips of her legs to illustrate, "One animal can usually keep me fed for about a month, so I don't have to leave my home very often except to travel to the nearby fields to gather dyes for my silks... I always loved making these beautiful silks. My mother and I would often work far into the night on projects until we finally turned in when the first break of day lit upon our windows."

She seemed to love to speak about her family, and she doubtless missed them all very dearly although her words would imply that they had been long gone for a great many years. She had, however, started to scoot a bit closer to the young man, almost so slowly that he likely would not notice.

Back
Top Bottom