Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary - OOC Chatter

So, I've been thinking after a nifty suggestion was made to me......... crests are now going to go as follows (and I'll make the necessary tweaks in the templates and posting rules thread in a moment, so be on the lookout):

Unsorted Students -- generic Hogwarts Logo
Sorted Students -- appropriate House Crest (IF your student has been in 2 different houses from primary vs secondary, you MAY sport BOTH crests)
Professors -- generic Hogwarts Logo AND appropriate House Crest alumni (as with students, IF your Prof had been in 2 different houses in primary vs secondary, they MAY sport BOTH crests)

Heads up, Loki's one character, Snape, is going to have a letter received where he learns that Ginny Weasley has died. Given he's 'related' to her via the reincarnation and such according to his profile, he's been notified of her death. Anyway, I approved this when the request was brought before me and am announcing it here since it could potentially affect people and such. :)

I am just letting everyone know that I am having more interaction happen. I think there should be more, and even the parts of interacting that may be awkward do to events that have happened need to be put aside. This is a group game, and as I did announce that James' announcement in his post here on the OOC, that is where we are. I am glad to be on day two.. happy replying all. LOL

How exactly will the student council be run and are they basically just hall monitors from each year to assist the Prefects and Head Girls/Boys in case of emergencies or are they expected to actually roam the halls and such? Basically, what are the duties of these positions so that we know what to expect with this since it could greatly affect things with our characters and things we have planned for them... >.< Also, if they are to be announced over the course of the upcoming weeks, does this mean that we shouldn't really worry about it until all are decided upon? I would assume so. Just some questions that popped up in my head and I figured I'd ask them here because my thinking is that if I'm wondering them, others probably are as well. :)

Also....... those of you controlling professors. If you want to have classes going simultaneously, that's more than fine. We can have our characters attending more than one class at the same time since game time and real time aren't the same thing. :) So, feel free to have your professors start up their classes if you want to help keep the pace going and such. We don't have to do everything in a linear fashion. Just make sure you do a rough time label or some such in your post so that we know what you're doing there. We can then merge stuff at the end of the day in the Great Hall for dinner.

darkangel76 said:
How exactly will the student council be run and are they basically just hall monitors from each year to assist the Prefects and Head Girls/Boys in case of emergencies or are they expected to actually roam the halls and such? Basically, what are the duties of these positions so that we know what to expect with this since it could greatly affect things with our characters and things we have planned for them... >.< Also, if they are to be announced over the course of the upcoming weeks, does this mean that we shouldn't really worry about it until all are decided upon? I would assume so. Just some questions that popped up in my head and I figured I'd ask them here because my thinking is that if I'm wondering them, others probably are as well. :)

The Student Council will be very similar in the ways that the US Congress and the British House of Commons in the Parliament are run. The students are going to have power of one vote per elected member. They have to defer in some measure to the Faculty Council (similar to the House of Lords, but with a little more clout that can, if the cause is there, be outvoted...), but they are equal in all concerns other than those that Faculty members have experience with and are to be given lead on (such as events like the safety of the students if the school is attacked and so forth). The "announcement" part is about the Prefects and Heads being decided, the Student Council, even the Prefects/Heads, that are to be there are to be elected, which will be a method that both GM should discuss. Both NPCs and PCs will most likely be on it, and voting is to be decided soon.

As for the Monitors, they are like deputies to the Prefects. They will have similar duties, but they are also to take guidance from the Prefect they will be paired with. For fairness, I can see a Hufflepuff Monitor making a round with a Slytherin Prefect, for example, as the Death Eater problem is no longer contained within one house.

A minor point on the Death Eaters here in the group game, if I may. I am going by the progression of racist/biased groups that have evolved in the real world. Even in some of the strictest of these groups, they have made allowances tantamount to completely ignoring some "diluted" lineages. I can imagine that the acceptance of "Old Moldy Shorts" himself giving way to that, with Bellatrix's refusal to accept it perhaps giving way to at best the idea that "his magical lineage was that strong" to the very worst, which would be total revisionist fiction about his "muggle blood side not being so muggle..." I do not ever make additions to a canon of fiction lightly, as darkangle76 knows I am loathe to do such a thing.

Also, I am throwing out praise and thanks to Loki. He has pointed out a wand wood has been overlooked, and that is to be corrected shortly.

If there are any more questions on these things, do not hesitate to let me know.

So is the whole point of suddenly having a student council because of the whole Death Eater thing that happened at the mixer? Did that cause the professors to talk amongst themselves, say, and then decide to get the houses intermingling a bit more on a level that more or less is creating a safety watch patrol of sorts? That, on top of a student government, it would seem?

Also, since one of my characters was made a monitor, is she going to be expected to do like rounds or something? And who will she be paired with and what other expectations should I have now for her since I want to know how this will affect things I'm going to be doing with her since I have her set for doing research in the evenings after classes. Will this affect that?

Yes and no. The reason for the student council is more of the factors that has caused the Death Eater resurgence in some minds. If the students feel they have no say, that breeds confusion, apathy, and rebellion. Perhaps that is something the professors feel that have caused the Death Eater presence to become more of a problem than it should be. Also, the safety of students as well as the ability for students and faculty to both deal with and neutralize problems is part of ti as well.

As I did say in the previous post, though not as clearly as I would have liked, the Monitors, once they are assigned to a Prefect supervisor, will be making the rounds at night and so forth. I am thinking that it is going to be one of the PCs most likely. It will affect it in that she will have her rounds affected by her research schedule, not the other way around.

I hope that is a bit clearer, and if you or anyone else has more questions, let me know. lol

I have a question that is a bit off the topic being discussed right now and I apologize for that. I was just wondering about quidditch and if it would be introduced into the RP and if so would Donovan be the one to pick the teams by having a sort of tryout where he could judge them or would multiple teachers to decide who's on what team or maybe the heads of houses.

I'm not sure if I worded that too great but I did the best I could lol so sorry if it sounds like a jumble :(

I'm totally ok with quidditch being introduced into the RP. And, I think if it is, that Donovan should be the one doing the choosing seeing as he is the Flying Instructor. Doesn't make sense for anyone else to do the choosing. He should hold a tryout just like they would for any sport and he then chooses who he thinks is best suited. And if people involved want their characters involved, by all means go for it, otherwise we can incorporate NPCs.

I wanted to make a quick announcement as senior GM to everyone participating in this RP about some stuff to help make everyone feel included a bit more in the game AND to help keep the pace going a bit as well.

Firstly, do NOT be afraid of posting simultaneously in threads during a 'game day'. Meaning, it's ok to post your character in the Great Hall AND in a class AND in a break period all AT THE SAME TIME so long as you 'time label' properly and thus keep track of your posts so that you and others can follow along. Remember, at the end of a 'game day', things will merge and everyone will be together again in the Great Hall at night.

Doing these things will help keep the pace of the RP going, keep those of you who can post more frequently from being bored AND keep those who are unable to post as frequently still included.

Also, if you do interact with a character and find that you need to leave them for some reason, out of courtesy, please at least say a polite 'good bye' to them unless the scene or situation calls for a different sort of exit.

Thanks. :)

wow i got behind again darn and i thought posting only when i have the computer would work out so my next question is if its okay to post with out a header till i can get back on the computer then i can use my phone to keep up. I will add the headers later of course.

*nods* Sure. That's fine. In the mean time, as a place holder for your header, you can maybe put a title in of which character you are posting for so we know. :) Then you can go back later. :)

Hey everyone I just wanted to apologize for my rudeness in my posts yesterday I did not intentionally try and be rude to anyone and from now on I will be using the timeline thing now that I understand it so this won't happen again and again I really am sorry about that

An announcement to everyone..... don't forget that this is a group RP, NOT an open RP. As such, this means that certain things do need to be approved first for the RP. Thanks.

I'm thinking we should have a rough idea of the order in which classes occur just so we kind of know when things happen for the 'time labeling'. So far, we know for sure that Muggle Defenses and Flying are morning classes that happen more or less after breakfast. How about the others?

Classes that are DEFINITELY spoken for are the following --

Muggle Defenses ~ morning (period 1)
Flying ~ morning (period 2)
Magical Law
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Potions
Muggle Studies
Charms
Transfiguration (though this is by NPC McAllistair and thus won't be actually covered in a thread)

All others are up for grab by Lupin since he's a substitute.

So......... any thoughts? We don't need exact times or anything, just a rough idea so we know when lunch and dinner falls and any potential break times or free periods. Also, for Lupin..... what classes will he be teaching, if any???? If he's off for now, that's fine since he as research. But he can teach at any time.

If people don't respond to this by later this afternoon.... expect PMs from me since I want to avoid another 3 month delay on how long it takes to progress a 'game day' and want to keep pace going, etc. Just sayin'. >.>

now that i had time to think about it I say after defense against the dark arts shall be lunch and after transfiguration shall be dinner .

Those teaching classes? Any thoughts? I'd appreciate it........

EDIT:
Actually, I'm going to say screw it and make an executive decision otherwise we'll be here forever. And I don't want that nor do I want to keep asking this question any longer. So......

Order is this:

Breakfast

Muggle Defenses
Flying
DADA
Charms

Lunch

Transfiguration (though this class won't actually have a thread or be played out)
Care Of Magical Creatures
Potions
Magical Law
Muggle Studies

Dinner

**Since Transfiguration is taught by McAllistair and she's an NPC, we won't actually play out her class. However, we'll assume it to take place immediate after lunch, just to give us an idea of time references and whatever for when things roughly happen. As for the other classes........ those we'll just sort of interperse as needed and they can occur in between these classes or after. Just we won't be playing them out unless Lupin substitute teaches for one of them at some point.

Anyway, so there it is. If people have questions, feel free to ask. But this is how it is nonetheless so keep it in mind when you post from now on. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom