Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary - OOC Chatter

And I suppose I should specify. I mean, I get that peoples' profs are declared as whatever they are. But if they have anything specific or specialized or whatever they want to touch on. Like, say you are a potions prof. Are you teaching more than one potions class? Meaning, do you teach generic potions along with say an advanced class or two that specializes in something(s) that are a bit more specific on a certain topic or what have you? Or if they are doubling up on 2 class types, is there one they'll be doing over the other first..... that sort of thing.

EDIT: ok.... hehehe.... Well, I know both Norah and Lorelai will take the Muggle Defenses. I might have Alice take it as well, but after Lorelai urges her. Not sure about Emilia though. And flying? Not sure about that yet. Both Alice and Lorelai don't like flying, LOLOL! And I haven't thought about it much for my other two yet. XD

Oh I get it well I'm thinking Braeden's classes are going to be split up into different styles of muggle defenses like he'll teach hand to hand combat first then get into weapons and other heavy stuff when he feels the students are ready to learn about them but his classes are going to focus on pretty much every aspect of Muggle Defense type stuff like if he's teaching handguns his students with take them apart and learn how to put them back together and load, shoot, etc. etc. As for Cameron's class he'll probably be having his students be doing a lot of actual school work before getting onto a broom like reading up history of flying and teaching flying safety stuff like that. Thoughts?

That all makes sense to me. :)

I'm thinking I'll have Norah take the flying class. She's the sort that would want to learn how to fly well I think and not necessarily for recreational purposes. So, I can see her taking that.

Any suggestions on how to do that? We can have a classroom thread for the classes themselves or even a few if people want it such that we post simultaneously to classes to help make posting move faster (since it's a game, we don't necessarily have to go linearly with the classes... we can go simultaneously and then have 'time mergers' later). Up to the masses there and what they'd prefer.

Actually........ how does this sound...... We have a thread for the classes for each professor. So a thread for Prof Magnus, Prof Braeden, Prof Donovan, etc. Anyone teaching an actual class. When a class starts....... the prof leading the class HAS to make the first post starting the class. They announce the class they're teaching and the students taking it can post at will and what have you. This can occur simultaneously in real time, but obviously be whenever in game time. Then, when classes are done, obviously time will merge in game time and what have you. Sound like an ok idea??????

EDIT: Also, when a class ends, the prof has to make the final post announcing the end of the class. That way when the next class resumes, the cycle can repeat in the same thread and no one will get confused. Hopefully. lol.

Going to post but when Iam on my phone won't post heading but will add it when I get on computer.

not sure on Katy's classes yet but she will take flying.

Can Holly pop in some of the classes as a surprise guest.

Sounds good that Katy will take flying. :) I'm sure once all the professors decides the exact classes they'll be doing, those of us with student characters will have a better grasp on what they'll show up in and such far as that goes. So we are sort of stuck until they all let us know.... so come on prof people... LOLOL!

And I think that's fine if Holly shows up in some of the classes here and there. As the caretaker/groundskeeper of the school, I'd expect her to sort of do that. After all, she'd want to make sure that things are kept in order and the like and things not 'destroyed' since we all know that classes can get intense at times, lolol. :)

Also.... in checking out the profiles, the rundown of 'basic classes' is this:

Professor Magnus - DADA, Potions
Professor Donovan - Flying
Professor Braeden - Magical Law, Muggle Defenses
Professor McAllistair (NPC) - Transfiguration
Professor Lupin - substitute ... so he can do any class that isn't spoken for if he wants OR assist another professor if they need it for a particular lesson (until he gets his own class)

EDIT: For Lupin, if he's going to assist, make sure that gets discussed and whatever with whoever he assists. But that's probably obvious.

Anyway...... still..... thoughts on my suggestion for how to handle posting for the classes? Do people like it? Yes, no?

I agree about the threads for the professors, as that is organized.

Now, I feel I need, in addition to explaining the plot idea that I have for Great Hall right now, I also need to outline greater plot ideas. I know what is being perceived and I am going to first correct the holes in some thoughts and answer assumptions.

First, there is, no one single driving character in the game, rather all of the Player Characters are. The reason for a plot involving all of the characters that are in the Great Hall is that the idea that I have been hinting at is going to affect everyone. Renee is NOT a female Harry Potter, as there is only one Harry. Her "destiny" is the flip side, someone who refuses to be evil. There is no one overly key character, as all the characters are important. She is merely focal for the plot concerning what is happening now.

What is going on in the Great Hall, aside from the soon to be aborted first part of the Tournament (to be picked up in different places in the game when it is better suited), is that a plot which I hinted on as one plot that will touch as many characters as it should, is that there are definite villains. As J.K. Rowling has alluded to, the Death Eaters still exist, just that they have been driven underground. Renee, as I said in her character sheet, is mistakenly believed to be the returning combination of "the things that made Lord Voldemort and Lady LeStrange great". This is not the case at all, as she is rebelling against that. She is much closer to Hermione, as sharing being at the center of A PLOT, not the entire game. I say that as well as, as I have counted, at least nine plots around characters are forming or becoming detailed. Some times, all of the plots, just like in the books, will connect and entwine in ways but not be totally supplanted.

A group of Death Eaters, though having been mostly harmless for the last few years, has come to the Hogs Uni. They, along with several of their agents, have attempted to "coax" Renee to "embrace her true calling", but she has refused. This is a plot point, as everything that is about to happen is going to bring out the idea of who their opponents are at the school. As is with all good and evil stories in a role-play.. unless designated early on... that means those opposing forces are the Player Characters. Anyone who really read the books knows that even though they were about Harry primarily, everyone was important and everyone had a destiny and place.

Renee is going to make her refusal of her "supposed destiny" public, and it is going to become a magical display that I intend for all the players to get to flex muscle for their characters in all ways. It is going to affect all the characters because that is what the game is about, an extension of that world, and good and evil still exist. The plot is going to have one of the Sixth Year Slytherins instigate a public revelation of his sympathies, which in turn will cause the most important point of the night, who will be the Head Man and Head Woman students of each House, as well as that of the Student Body at large, be decided. McAlistair is going to announce that is going to be decided, as well as make students of every year represent their year... making a sort of marriage of Parliament (House of Commons)/Order of the Phoenix/Dumbledore's Army be the Student Body Government to balance the Faculty's "House of Lords". That will leave all students either sympathizing with or actual members of the new group of Death Eaters as the reoccurring and frequent villains.

I am not expecting every Player Character to be such, rather that as a group we have group spanning plots that are participated in by as many as feel prepared for them.

If anyone has more questions before or after I post to the Great Hall, please know that I will answer any and all questions. I will wait a little bit tonight, but before I turn in to sleep, I will post and hopefully have as much ironed out as to what is going on as possible. If you just don't want to participate, I understand and you are not being force or locked into such, I am just trying to provide at least one sweeping plot that will bond the group game.

All right, from what I'm reading sounds all right to me. I'll see how it plays out and if questions pop up in my mind as we go, I'll post them here for sure.

~~~

Also, if there are no objections to my suggestions about the classes, then that's what is going to happen. So... expect to see Professor Threads popping up in the verrrrrry near future. For classes, Professors MUST LEAD. So it's up to them to announce class START and class END along with the CLASS TYPE being instructed at the time. Since all threads will be up and running simultaneously, it won't matter in real time if people are attending all the classes at once because in game time they'll be at different times. Though we might want to discuss a bit which classes are happening when in here so that we have a clue about that.

So, if professors could let us know which classes they'll be teaching first in their line up and approximately when in the game time that would be good. So say if Donovan is teaching Flying... is he in the early morning or later afternoon? And if Magnus is teaching Potions... is his after lunch or would it be after the Flying class? We don't need exact times, just an order so that we have an idea. And then time will merge, obviously, at the end of the day. All other classes will be mentioned (if people want since they aren't necessarily pertinent) in posts as flashbacks or in conversation or however as needed. And feel free to take breaks between classes with your characters to do things since obviously it's not expected for them to be in classes non-stop. They obviously need to eat and they can do other things in between. Just at the end of the day.... have them all merge together in the Great Hall. lol. :)

Hopefully that all made sense. And still sounds good to people. XD

Ohhh..... one more thing..... McAllistair is an NPC..... do we want a thread for her class anyway?????????? I don't control her, so this is really a question my co-GM has to answer. XD

Also, I reiterate.... during classes.... classes and even the stuff in between can occur simultaneously. That is fine. Game time and real time doesn't matter. Just so long as merging at the end of the day happens. lol. XD

Yes, I'm a dork. lol.

So, people know, I'm bringing in a NPC named Leo in the not too distant future. In going with the whole 'Death Eaters are still alive and well' concept....... I'm going to have an arc for my character Norah involving her ex Leo who holds to the Death Eater morals. He's just been recently released from a sort of 'juvie' for what he's done to her in the past. So he's going to be back for her on a sort of revenge. Just wanted people to have a heads up on that. He won't be showing up just yet. But soon. I'm setting up for it with her posts.

If anyone else has such things they want to do with their characters, please feel free to do so. Just put in for NPC requests if you need to or any other requests for plot arcs or whatever and make sure you give everyone a heads up. Thanks! :)

I have made a time jump happen in the Great Hall, wherein it is now the morning of the first day of school. I did this because we have spent a little over three months on the first day and night, and I felt things should be progressing. I also feel that, as that is only going to affect immediately all, that some other places, if labeled properly can handle the other events of that night that happened outside of the Great Hall. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments at all. Thanks everyone. *smiles at you all...*

Works for me. I'm raring to get on to another day. lol

And I only have one character that's sorta/kinda in a position where I MIGHT need to have to do time labeling, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Sure thing:

All the students have gathered for school for the year and been sorted, if they needed it. Magnus made his intentions clear to Lorelai but given the student/teacher relationship, they have to keep it discreet. A handful of students met prior to the Sorting Ceremony and took a tour of the school together. After everyone got sorted, most of the students managed to meet each other at the mixer after the ceremony. Emilia and Norah are the exceptions since Emilia only managed to meet those of her house and then only really talked with Lupin (whom she'll be working and doing research for) and Norah was late arriving due to encountering problems while traveling to the school. A few more faculty have arrived as well-- Donovan (flying instructor), Braeden (Magical Law, Muggle Defenses) and Holly Johnson (the Groundskeeper). Norah didn't stay at the mixer long since she ran into Braeden, who also didn't care much for the mixer. The two connected and formed a powerful bond that they have to keep discreet given the student/teacher relationship. We also learn that Norah's ex (one who holds to Death Eater ideals) is released from a sort of juvie prison. Emilia also left the mixer to start working on her research since she felt awkward at the mixer. As for the others, they remained at the Great Hall to mingle at the mixer and participate in the magical games. Renee got targeted by some Slytherins given who she was and it made it known that the Death Eaters are pretty much alive and well and running rampant still despite the fact that Voldemort is dead. There's some relationship stuff brewing between Ashley and Riku and I suspect between Nicko and Katy as well. Anyway, given the disruptions made by the Slytherins with Renee during the games, things sort of got out of hand and the winners of the games will end up announced at breakfast at the Great Hall just before classes.

And that's where it's at....

EDIT: Forgot to mention, there's another student there too.... a reincarnation of Snape. There's a thread telling about how he came to be. He wasn't feeling the mixer either and left. So, he's squirreled away in his dorm room. And yours is somewhere wandering the halls, lost... lol. XD

Hope people are happy to be moving on to day 2. I know I am. :)

I'm super excited for classes to start and they should be. If things in the Great Hall take a bit, I say just start posting in the class threads and don't worry about it. We can do time mergers and whatever as needed if it comes to that. Also, if people have ideas for their characters as in story arcs or whatever, please share them in here so that we can discuss them and all have a heads up about them so that we know what set ups are taking place. Larger story arcs WILL need MY approval. Again, communication is KEY!!!!!!! Lastly, when it comes to pairing up.... if you want to pair your character up with someone, I suggest you discuss it with that person via PMs so that they know you are hoping for that. People cannot mind read and people plan things. So, please don't take things out on them if things don't go as you hoped. It's not fair to them at all. Remember, this is a RP. A game. And people just want to have fun. So contribute, interact, communicate.... it's the only way this will happen for you.

That said.... YAY for day 2!!!! :)

Any time teachers want to start teaching classes.......... feel free to do so in your respective thread. Remember, as a professor, you have to BOTH start and end. Announce which class you're teaching in the start of it and run it as you want. Those of us playing students will show up as we wish, LOL. And also, other members of faculty are free to pop in and interrupt classes if they want, just make sure you have a reason. Don't be stupid about it, you get the idea. LOL. :) Also, for Lupin, since he's currently a substitute, he can teach ANY of the classes that no one has claimed. So a bit of free rein there. :)

Back
Top Bottom