Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts Revised: Hogwarts Secondary - OOC Chatter

Another reminder that afternoon classes can start up for those of you who are RPing profs who've completed their morning classes. Thanks. :)

Yet again.... reminding those of you with professors that it's all right to start up your afternoon classes if you've completed your morning classes. lol.

Also, another thing........ what day of the week should we be starting on. Should we have the first day of classes be a Monday? Or another day entirely? Also, do we literally want to play out each and every class day or do we want to do time skips at any point to jump to weekends at any point? These are all things to ponder. So, please..... some input. I'd like to hear back from everyone on this in as timely a fashion as possible. Thanks a bunch, all. :)

I say it be a monday then skip to like wendsday then skip to friday then to the weekended and maybe do some time skip to make it the holidays.My input

So sorry I didn't post for Breaden's afternoon class I forgot I will definitely get to it tomorrow or tonight if I'm on much longer I'm not feeling too tired so there's a good chance I'll post something tonight. I say we do some time skips every now and then I'm cool with doing a few class days then a weekend or how ever everyone else wants to do it :)

*nods* I'm good with time skips as well, I just think we need to keep things consistent. I also want to allow us enough time to do classes, build arcs for those wanting to do them with our characters (as well as develop relationships), have weekend time and be able to get to the holidays... and all at paces that are reasonable and avoid the overly cumbersome and mundane. :)

Anyway, please keep the suggestions coming. I'd like to hear from everyone, please. Thank you.

Again, if people could let me know exact preferences, that would be nice.... don't be afraid to state them.

So far, we have one suggestion for 3 class days and the weekend per week. I suggest 2 class days and the weekend per week. I also suggest that we try to hit the major holidays/festivals or highlights of the various seasons. So, like Halloween should be touched upon for sure as should the Christmas holiday/winter break, etc. I'd like to see some time done for each season. So, at least a couple weeks done for fall, winter, spring before we hit the summer holidays and broach upon larger time skips than just days per week. Thoughts?

I agree with the idea for the holidays I think they should all be celebrated in some way I'm pretty much open when it comes to the time skip thing I'll honestly go whatever way is best for everyone else :)

I'm a fan of the 2 day class week (just for RP sake) since it's rather complex to RP it out given time constraints and the fact that people have to double up class times in a single thread (could make another thread, but I think that's overkill). So, I think it makes more sense to cut it down to 2 since it will still allow those who have professor characters to flesh out their classes without it becoming too cumbersome to RP out. Plus, it will also allow us all to be able to get to the anticipated weekends when our characters (professors and students alike) will have free time to do whatever they want. Meaning they can roam the castle, the grounds, go into Hogsdale, go to the island... just do whatever. So those will be times to explore outside the 'class time'. So kind of like 2 days of classes, 2 days of weekend. :)

Anyway.......... I'll give people until tomorrow later afternoon to speak up. Otherwise, I'm making an executive decision based on feedback and then I'll send a mass PM to everyone directing them here to what that decision is (even if you already have responded, since I don't want anyone feeling singled out). :)

I agree with that decision I think it'll even things out good and be the easiest way to do things. :)

On another note I started Breaden's Magical Law class so any students can feel free to join in :D

I have Cecilie taking his law class, but technically she can't start that until the next 'class day' since she hasn't arrived yet for this one, lol... ah the joys of non-linear time play. XD So, I can't RP her for that until the next round. But she shall be there for the next class! She will get to finally see Brutal Braeden in all his glory! LOL! XD

Also, for holidays, I'm thinking the following will be touched upon:
Halloween
Christmas
New Year's
Valentine's Day
St. Patrick's Day
Summer Holidays

We should touch on the holidays, but as for the classes, I think that if we focus on touching on the major things, like key lessons, tests, and important Professor/Student interactions we may not get as bogged down. That is just a thought, and I would like to know about doing that especially. I don't think every single day should be in uber detail just the major ones.

Definitely key lessons will be touched upon, that's the point. But we need something consistent to keep pace going and so that we all don't get confused, hence my suggestion of 2 class days, 2 weekend days per week. That way key lessons are focused upon for the class days and everyone gets the chance to go through their classes (as student and as prof, depending), BUT we don't get bogged down in the insanity and mundane nonsense of it all. Plus, they are the most complex dealy to RP out given time constraints and other things. Yes, we all RP around it using time labels, but still....... Anyway, my two cents on that portion.

As for holidays and seasonal time skips, etc. I still say those should be fine provided we all keep the communications flowing. Again... SO IMPORTANT TO READ THIS THREAD AND SPEAK UP AND WHAT NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, we can play those by ear to a degree and time skip as needed, but we'll be sure to incorporate the holidays I mentioned above for certain.

Now that does sound good. I think it can be done, and those threads outside of classes can run concurrent and what not, unless that is too confusing. The complexity should be as manageable as possible. Also, the holidays should be as close to the books as possible, especially for those who are from abroad who may not be having family to go to during those times...

So, I'm assuming that the majority of people involved are ok with the 2 class day/2 weekend day weeks then PLUS the eventual time skips (which we'll sort of play by ear to an extent.... I'll be sure to post in here about those as needed, so BE SURE TO READ AND FOLLOW THIS THREAD AND RESPOND....) and holidays I mentioned earlier. Again, the holidays we WILL include are:

Halloween
Christmas
New Year's
Valentine's Day
St. Patrick's Day
Summer Holidays

I think that covers it, especially as many other holidays of not perhaps are close enough to those. I may be wrong and may need to be corrected, but I think that is the case.

Also, so people know......... Cecilie won't be entering classes this round because technically she hasn't arrived yet. She arrived AFTER classes. So, she'll be starting them in the next round and there on in afterwards. Just wanted to make sure people realized that so if they glanced at the rosters and were wondering why she wasn't there when she's listed.... THAT is why. So yeah. Just a reminder for those not keeping full tabs.

Can there be a thread for Holly's hut on the grounds near the forest or not. I figure she stay there to keep a close eye on the forest.

okay will be working on that shortly getting a pick for my character for the wrestling thread I'm in then i will get one for you.

Word to everyone...... I think we should TRY to wrap up this first class day, if at all possible, by the end of next week (at the latest) if at all possible. I think it's manageable given that pretty much all major time points (ie, breakfast, lunch dinner and even detentions and after dinner) have been hit for the most part along with all morning classes save one. And now we've started up all afternoon classes save one. So, given that, I think we, as a group, should try to shoot for that, so that we can get into day#2 of the classes for the week so that we're that much closer to the weekend for our characters. Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom