Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Walking Home (Decadence and Candira)

Marisa thought it over. It was too soon to see her uncle. But maybe her cousin could use some support...but that could wait until later as well. For now, she just wanted to relax some more. "Do you know of any places where they perform?" she asked, getting her key and waiting for him to lead her on. When he offered his arm, she took it and she smiled. Well, he was nice, at least. And he was charming. Whoever his girlfriend was, Marisa hoped that the girl appreciated him. She decided that she would appreciate his company tonight. Her uncle wasn't all bad.

"What do you like to do?" she asked, tilting her head as she left the place with him, locking the door behind her. "I don't want to just sit back and watch people have fun all night. I want to have some too. The last few people that have shown me around didn't understand that. I hope you can." She also hoped that he could keep up.

Sophie got the feeling her every movement was being watched with great intensity as she changed, but once her voluptuous curves filled out that little bunny suit. She noticed that his tie was a little looser when she turned around. It made her nervous to know exactly how much he thought of her body. At his compliment, she still found herself blushing, though she wasn't entirely sure which part of it made her do so. If she was going to light the place on fire, she figured she'd better hurry and get into character.

But she stiffened visibly as he came closer, his eyes on her breasts. She was a tiny fraction of self-control away from slapping him silly. But he merely adjusted her uniform so that it lay on her smoothly. And then his fingers were gone. She relaxed once they had a bit of distance between them again. His approval at her footwear and her appearance gave her some relief as she put on her ears and completed the illusion.

She was still a bit worried about what would happen when he responded about Jeff, but what he did amazed her. She looked up into his eyes, her own grey one's enraptured with his face as he spoke to her. She watched, surprise registering at how protective he was of her. She wasn't even working for him on a regular basis, and it seemed like he took the idea of someone bothering her personally--as though they had some sort of deeper connection to each other. She nodded at the end of his speech and managed a sincere, "Thank you," before she was tugged back into reality and she was walking with him, not really sure what to think of the lounge owner. She couldn't say he was entirely bad, but she was sure she couldn't say he was all good.

Sophie took a deep breath and got into a flirty hostess character she'd spent part of today thinking of. Getting into the role would be helpful tonight, she thought. Maybe it would even be fun if she could roll with it all. So, when he brought her to the hostess station, she asked any last questions she might have had and let the bunny that was there tell her what to do before taking over and being the girl she needed to be for that evening.

Keith stood there, confused. "Come again?" he asked. He hadn't mentioned anything about a performance, but he assumed she might be interested in going to a concert. It was a little too late to go to one right now, but if she had someplace loud in mind, he could possibly text some friends who knew of other friends that were throwing parties tonight. Question was, who normally threw a party on a weekday night? And one that carried a somewhat-formal dress code. Well shit, it wouldn't hurt to try. So his thumbs went to work on his phone while he waited for her to close the door so they could walk towards the car.

"What do I like to do?" Keith replied, thinking for a bit as his arm rejoined with hers. "I like to be the bad boy your mother warned you about." Oh Keith, what are you doing? Was he going to lie and try to make her happy by being someone else, or was he going to stick to his guns and show her who he really was? He was going to go for the latter, but he did have some promises to keep.

He led her to his (borrowed, but probably stolen anyway) black Mercedes, opening the door for her. It was quite an old car, but it was still in fantastic shape; the leather seats still smelled new, and it looked as though it spent its entire life inside a garage. Once he was inside, he got a reply from Evan:

Your in luck. You into swanky hotel parties?

Keith smiled at his phone, then turned to look at Marisa. "A buddy of a buddy is throwing some party at the Ashcroft. It's a pretty nice place, if you don't mind a lot of drinking." He then smirked at her, leaning close so he could bring his voice down to a whisper. "Don't worry, they're going to be having too much fun to card us."

"Ladies," Paul announced, resting his hand on the small of Sophie's back. "Tonight, I'd like to welcome for you a very special guest who will be helping us out tonight...Sophie." His words drew in several of the bunnies as they huddled in close, checking her out as they sized her up. For the most part, they were exuberant, smiling and eager to meet her. But there were a few who looked like they were trying their damned hardest to smile, with their hands on their hips, moving their gaze from her face and to her feet, and back again. One of them, a purple bunny, bit her lip as she fidgeted, crossing her arms over her small breasts. Another, a yellow bunny, glared at her as she proudly jutted her monstrous mounds out in a manner which looked like she was ready to fence with them.

"Hi!" one of them smiled.

"Nice to meet'cha!" another beamed.

"Paul put you through the ordeal, huh?" one of them snapped, chewing her gum.

"Carla." Paul gestured to a slender blonde dressed in a pink costume. "I want you to show Sophie how we do business around here. I have some matters I'd like to attend to." Paul's hand crept over and around the edge of Sophie's waist, gripping it firmly as he swept his gaze down to meet hers. "You're gonna be fine, sweetheart. My girls will take care of you from here." He then detached from her, turning to make his way to the bouncers in the back.

Carla nodded, turning to face Sophie. "Hi, I'm Carla. I'll get you started at the front." She then took the time to explain to Sophie what she was supposed to do, which wasn't very different from what Paul said about her responsibilities. Smile, flirt, look pretty, and help out the bunnies serving drinks. If a guy starts being a jerk, starts feeling you up and making you uncomfortable, let the bouncers know, and business will be served. "Did you get all that?" She then asked. "Because I think it's starting to pick up now."

She took a glance back and noticed the row of dark shadows behind the windows, gawking in. All men. The chatter outside seemed to mix with the loud bass, which was pounding in its own right.

Marisa watched, amused as he did her bidding. She'd merely suggested the performance. She hadn't thought he'd go through the trouble. But he'd dropped the line like a seasoned professional. She couldn't let that one go. "So what's your girlfriend's name?" she asked, lightly, making conversation and deliberately steering it in the direction of him being already taken. The act he put on was appreciated, but unwelcome in so many ways. And here she thought he'd been different.

"You know, maybe I'm not being very clear. I'm all about honesty. And if this is the way you act behind your girlfriend's back--the one you claim to love--I'm not sure I want to go anywhere near alcohol with you. Now knock off the crap about wanting in my panties. Even if I'm smoking hot, it's not me you want. And lying is unattractive. Just be yourself and have fun. Keep me safe and take me where I ask to go, if you can. That's all I ask, and all I expect."

Sophie was a bit surprised at the way he was treating her. He went from one end of the spectrum to the other in seconds. How was it that he wasn't exhausted from it all. Still, she appreciated his kindness in helping her and introducing her. The other bunnies, on the other hand, didn't seem overly pleased with her presence, though some were eager to have a new friend. His little reassuring squeeze to her side was appreciated as well and she nodded as he left her there.

For now, she stuck with Carla and made sure she understood exactly what she was doing. "Yeah, I think I've got it. Thank you, Carla." She took a deep breath and got into character--cheerful, flirty, and still mysterious. It was time to put on the mask and do a job she wasn't thrilled to be doing. It was the only way she'd get through the night, and she really hoped that when she told Keith about tonight he would understand why she had to handle it this way.

For some reason, her comment reminded Keith of that one day when he first had an actual conversation with Sophie in years. That one time when they had an argument revolving around big boobs and bad pick-up lines on their way to art class. Maybe it was Marisa's tone that triggered it, or the fact that he replied to her simple question with a line that made him look like a cocky son of a bitch aiming to get into her pants. He began to snicker, chucking into his arm while it rested over the wheel. After a moment, he pulled his head back up and looked at her, visibly amused. "You know, you really reminded me of my girlfriend--Sophie--when you blew up like that," he said. "It makes me miss her already." He then turned the key to start the car, allowing it to rumble to life. "You really thought I was trying to sleep with you, huh? I hate to break it to you, but it ain't happening. I just want to make sure you're having fun, tonight, and that's the simple truth." He then smirked at her with a half-wink that was partially obscured by his dark-brown hair. Then he looked forward, licking at the silver ring in his lip in contemplation before looking back at her.

"Since you don't seem to be in the mood for drinking, and you want me to take you wherever you'd like, where do you want me to take you?" Keith asked, waiting for her to answer. He somehow felt that she deserved an apology for the misunderstanding.

"And I'm sorry for the misunderstanding," he added, looking away. Then he turned his head again and met her eyes once again. "It was my fault, anyway."

"Don't mention it." Carla replied, letting a grin appear over her lips. Her voice was deeper and more course than what her youthful demeanor suggested, making her sound older and more mature, yet she almost looked like she was in her late teens or early twenties. She was actually in her mid-thirties with custody of her son. She was fortunate enough to keep her athletic figure after Joshua was born, and some of her friends have been jealous over that. Even though she felt like she still had a remarkable body, it didn't hold a candle to this redhead here. This girl could make a living as a glamour model, and she didn't even know it. She seemed a little nervous, but Carla didn't hold it against her. The first days were always hard, especially for those coming into this line of work without any background in it.

"You look tense," she said. "The trick is to fall into their arms. Love them, all of them, equally. That's what works for me at least. You have a boyfriend?" Whether she had a boyfriend or not, Carla was a little envious of her--now she could understand what her friends may have been feeling, and it made her feel a little more self-conscious.

Marisa smiled. She thought instantly that she would like Sophie. She thought about it for awhile and then blew off the idea of a live performance. When he said he missed her already, she couldn't help but like the change in his attitude. And then he teased her and apologized to him. "Well, I'll be sure to put in a good word with my uncle, so you can spend more time with her," she said, thinking about it. Yes, her uncle would learn that if he wanted to keep those he loved near to him, some changes would have to be made.

"Take me to a club. I want to dance," she said, smiling. "Can you dance, Keith?"

Sophie took in all the advice that Carla could give her and smiled in what she hoped was an assuring way. "I do have a boyfriend, actually. He's sort of the reason I'm helping here tonight," she said sighing a little. "I'm not really here for Paul. I'm here for him. And as long as I know that this night will eventually end, I can handle it." Sophie looked at Carla's pretty face and her fine figure and wondered if she might have ended up in Carla's position if she hadn't had such a shitty life in school.

"You know, Carla, I bet you'd be a good friend. You seem like you would be. I hope I can be friends with you, even if I never come back here. And thank you," she said, smiling genuinely, "for being so nice." She squeezed the blond bombshell's hand, took a deep breath and greeted the first couple of hooting customers with a smile and a little wink.

"Welcome. How many tonight, boys?" she asked, trying to just get into the spirit of things. Who knew? Maybe she'd have a little fun.

There was a smile on her lips. Guess that meant she accepted his apology. Keith was relieved. For a moment there, he felt like he had dropped the ball, and then he would never hear the end of it from Vinnie. It made him smile. "Thank you," he said, turning the ignition to start the car. "I'll be grateful that you will." And he meant that! If there was any other way he could show her he was being honest, then he'd want to do it...but he supposed she'd get the idea anyway.

As the engine continued to rumble, Keith thought about her request. "To be honest, no, but in your case, I'll make an effort to learn." Keith wasn't really that into music, and it was strange how he was sharing this side of him to this girl he had just met. Even Sophie was probably not aware of this yet. "I know just the place," he said, taking them out onto the road.

He took her to downtown, which was not too far off from The Bunny Lounge--a couple of blocks, to be exact. Keith felt the curiosity set in at the thought of scoping the place out, but he had the feeling that Marisa may want to check up the place sooner or later. He parked the car. The club was called "Fuchsia"; it was one of those upscale clubs located in a marble building with tinted-black windows. It also had a strict dress code, but Keith wasn't worried about that. Not only were they dressed for the part, but he knew the owner, who also happened to know Vinnie, so there were no problems getting in, despite it being a 21 and over club. It was 9 PM by the time they made it inside, letting the deafening bass drown their ears. It was expectedly quiet tonight, and the dance floor was almost empty, aside from one or two couples and a small group at the bar.

A hand went up to her hips. "So you're not here for Paul, huh?" Carla said. "Well, I wouldn't think he'd like to hear that. It makes you sound ungrateful." The nerve of this girl to say such a thing. She was fortunate that Carla wasn't the gossipy type, or she could sink this ship with some loose lips. Still though, sad part would be that her looks would still save her in the end. "That's still an honorable thing, sweetie, looking after your man and all. Just put him aside for tonight, okay? Because it'll make things easier." She turned to greet a group of suited businessmen, gleaming proudly as she giggled, casually touching their arms and making flirtatious hip-bumps in between exchanges. She became bubbly and giddy at the blink of an eye, and the men all seemed to react to it, smiling at her warm gestures and little jokes. Before she lead them all away to the bar, her eyes brushed past Sophie's, winking carefully while her face lit up in a bright smile as it said, "You're welcome. And you'll do just fine." And then she disappeared.

A group of four boys around Sophie's age approached her. They looked as though they have never set foot inside a club before. "F-four," one of them said, eyes blinking. He turned around. "Four, right?" He faced her again. "Yeah. Four of us."

One of them, who was dressed in a blue, buttoned striped shirt that was about two sizes too big for him was ogling her with his mouth ajar. All of them had their hands in their pockets with their backs slouched and their eyes toward the ground.

Marisa raised her eyebrows. He couldn't dance? She thought he looked like the kind of guy that could tear up the floor if he wanted. The thought that she might get to do what she wanted--teach dancing--made her smile. "Tell you what. I'll give you some lessons so you can dance with your girl." His appreciation for her good word also pleased her. He treated her like she was important. He was honest with her, and he wasn't trying to suck up. He was just being nice. She could get used to hanging out with this guy. Maybe he'd actually be a friend. Maybe Sophie would too. She smiled at the thought and walked to the club with him. "Oh, hey, we passed my cousin's club just a little way's back. Maybe we can see him before we head to Uncle Vinnie's restaurant."

She smiled and they got into the fancy place with no trouble and no carding. "Want a lesson?"

Sophie didn't mean to offend Carla with her admission of being here for Keith, but she got the impression that the girl disapproved. It wasn't that Paul wasn't nice--in fact behind the mask he wore, he seemed very nice. At least he'd been good to her, aside from watching her get dressed. She was glad that Carla seemed to get over it though, watching as the girl switched to bubbly and flirty. She followed suit, though the men that just came through the door seemed a little less-than-thrilled to be there. Nervous, that was the word for it. So she put on her warmest smile, sympathetic with them.

"Sure thing," she said with a wink. She checked the chart and then put her arms around the two in front winking at the two in back. "This way, fellas." The buxom redhead led him toward the table letting the other two catch up with her, she gestured to the table for the first two and tugged at the wrists of the others, guiding them into their booth. To the one with his mouth agape she smiled and teased him just a little. "Might wanna close your mouth, hun. Don't wanna step on your tongue." She led them past a few other bunnies, giving them a visual treat. Then, they were at the table. "There you go boys. Enjoy your time," she said with a wink. "Your server will be right with you." She smiled and then walked off, putting a little slink into her step, her hips swaying as she walked back to the hostess station.

As she warmed up and watched the other bunnies, she got better at it, pushing Keith out of her mind for the moment. She couldn't do what she needed to with him in her head.

The blaring music nearly made her question inaudible. He looked around the dark club. They were going to be the only ones actually dancing on the floor, and he could already feel the eyes all around him. He recalled everyone perking up and turning their heads as he lead her into the club. Everyone...meaning like less than a dozen people inside, dressed up in suits or elegant skirts, standing by the wall with drinks in their hands. Well, at least they weren't all around the same age group as he and Marisa.

"Sure." Keith said. His head began to bob, and then his leg twitched to the beat. He breathed in the hot, stuffy air of the club, surrendering himself to the music and then tapped his foot, moving his hips. He had to concentrate really hard to follow the mixed pop the DJ was throwing out, and he'd find himself thinking more about how he was moving than actually feeling the music. He felt his foot step on hers. "Sorry," he said, bouncing his body, swaying it around, then correcting himself, clutching to whatever control he could manage before it made him look stupid in front of all these people. Worst part was, he was most likely looking retarded, but he had to dance. It was for Marisa. Or more specifically, it was for Marisa's enjoyment. He could feel his face getting red at the thought of being the only couple on the dance floor as his hips rocked to the bass. His arms came up, and it reminded him of a boxing stance. Then he was suddenly recalling those Tae Bo videos he'd seen on TV. "How am I doing?" he asked, looking at Marisa.

The two young men gasped. Their faces immediately lit up, smiling, as they twitched in surprise to her unexpected arm around their shoulders. One of them noticeably blushed when he felt her body brush against him; that softness behind that smooth outfit, coupled with her scent, had him smitten. His face seemed to melt, and he looked at her with bright eyes before breaking away again, as though it was too embarrassing for him to keep his gaze on the beautiful redhead. They both took a seat and began speaking to one another in hushed tones so she wouldn't be able to pick up on their conversation.

The other two trailed behind her, amazed by her friendliness. The one with his jaw hanging yanked it back up, keeping his mouth closed. He nodded at her in response to her comment. When he felt her hand on his wrist, his eyes widened, letting his jaw hang once again in an eager smile. "T-thank you," he said.

Paul watched the sway of her hips from afar, noticing how she managed to let herself slip more into the role, while marveling the way she moved. "That-a-girl," he said, releasing some smoke out of his nostrils as he smiled.

Three men entered the lounge with the sort of swagger that made him think about reaching for his bat. Their heavy tans contrasted their white shirts, tightly clung over their muscled chests. Black traces of embroidery lined their tops. Their heads were all spiked up in that same blowout, and one of them had on a large pair of shades paired with several gold chains. Their collars were all popped up in their half-buttoned shirts. If Paul could sum them up using one word, he'd choose douchebag.

"SHIIT, YO!" One of them pressed the side of his fist to his lips, taking Sophie in bit by bit. A hand groped the small of her back, swooping her into a dizzying funk of cologne. "Baby, there's three of us," he said. His tongue wet his lips while tense, green eyes feasted on her chest. "Damn, they ever tell you, you too hot for this joint? You need to come party with us." He turned around. "ISSAT RIGHT?! This bitch's made, yo!"

His friends drummed in agreement like a pair of gorillas. One of the bunnies turned her head towards them in growing disgust. Paul's eyes narrowed, letting the heat from his cigarette sting his lips.

His arm around her waist seized her against him as he looked back, bringing his lips close to hers. "You know you feel me, baby. I'm your man." He smiled, teeth so white they nearly scorched his fake tan.

Marisa watched him, finding that he was, actually a bad dancer. Most people that said that had rhythm, but didn't really know how to use it. Keith didn't know what to do with himself. She chuckled at his red face, merely biting her lip as he stepped on her foot. Poor guy. He was trying so hard. She put her soft hands on his shoulders and shook her head. "Wait here. I'll be back." She held up a hand and raised her eyebrows, nodding as she headed to the DJ. She requested a slower song with a good beat. When she came back to him, the song ended and a new one was playing.

"It's best to start slow," the blonde said with a grin. "Now then. Stop worrying about what I think and just do what comes to you. I'll guide you from there," she said, taking her own advice and swaying a bit as she watched him.

Sophie smiled, having made the day of four gentlemen who were obviously not confident. They seemed quite happy after she left them. The next three that entered, however, were too confident, and she was not pleased when they started up with the cat calls. She kept on a pleasant smile however. Until the douche pulled her close by the waist. God she hated when people did that. The ape men behind him hooted in agreement when he suggested she run off with them, her body suddenly pressed up entirely too close to him. She decided to try and wiggle her way out of it though. Once she was away from him, she'd tell one of the bouncers.

The redhead gave him a doe-eyed look and then put her fingers up to his lips and shook her head. "Oh, thanks, baby. But I don't think I could keep up with all of you," she said with a giggle. She pressed her hands against his chest and pushed back firmly, but gently. "Tell you what though. I'll give you all a special seat," she said leaning down behind the booth to check on menus. "Oh, shoot. We're all out of menus. Wait right here, studs." She winked and then strode back toward Paul. She made a little turn and looked up at him. "So, can we please throw them out? I don't like to be touched by self-tanning douchebags," she said, bending over to get some extra drink menus, though she wouldn't need them. "If you want them here, I'll seat them, but I'd warn the servers. They seem like trouble makers," she said stacking the pamphlets and smiling as she walked off toward the hostess stand. She couldn't see any bouncers around, so she'd had to go for Paul instead. The others must have been in different places, but he'd been the closest. She hoped he didn't mind.

This was the reason why Keith liked being "one of those guys that never danced". This was getting stupid real quick, and he was about ready to head to the bar, until he felt Marisa's warm hands over his shoulders. He nodded, trying his damned hardest to remain calm as she left him to talk to the DJ. He continued to pretend like he was enjoying himself while alone in the middle of the dance floor, swaying like an idiot. The seconds crawled by, feeling like hours. When Marisa (finally) returned, the music had changed to this slow, sentimental song he vaguely remembered listening to in Jr. High--right after he had moved from the old neighborhood. He let out a quiet gasp to himself, slowing his rhythmic bumbling until he reached a standstill. This was the song he listened to by himself, while wishing he had danced to it with Sophie. It was a long time ago, and at that brief moment, the memory became clear again.

He looked away, arms wrapping around her waist, pulling her in closer, until they were practically hugging. Keith rested his head against hers, touching her cheek with his. When the chorus came up, his feet began to step, turning the both of them around to the sway of the melody. He shut his eyes. Even though she wasn't Sophie, she was still a damned good substitute.

His tanned buddies began to holler at him after the redhead had left him cold for some menus. "Bitch straight up dissed you!" Then a loud chorus of laughter. The rejected customer shook his head, sneering with a determined eye on Sophie. When she bent over for the drink menus, they immediately grew silent, peering over one another to catch a glimpse like a pack of vultures.

Paul's face had been stern as he noticed Sophie approach him, his eyes brimmed with a calculated fury. He sniffed, plucking the cigarette out of his lips so he could toss it onto the floor to smear it with his heel. "You did the right thing, sweet-cheeks," he said, eyes on the ground where he just murdered his cigarette. "I'll take care of it from here." He then looked up, strolling over to his customers. In business, they always tell you the customer is always right. But in Paul's case, there were exceptions to that. They were always better off with something broken when they fucked with your merchandise.

He seized a serving tray off the counter and swiped it across the guido's face. His neck cracked from the impact. The nearby bunnies gasped, throwing their hands up their mouths, eyes widened. His bruised customer lost his footing before his buddies caught him, staring wide-eyed at their assailant.

"W-what the fuck, man!"

"Dude, we payin' customers! You can't do that shit! I paid you good money to be here!"

"I'm gonna sue you! I'm gonna sue this fuckin' joint, yo!"

Paul grit his teeth. "NOBODY FUCKS WITH MY GIRLS!" He shot his finger at them. "NOBODY! NOT YOU, YOUR LAWYER, OR YOUR CHEAP-ASS COLOGNE! NOBODY!"

The bouncers were already pulling him back, while another set were handling the three men. "Bring them to me." Paul pointed to the one he hit, sneering. "Especially him. I want to have a special little word with all them. In the back."

After a lot of commotion and beating from the large bruisers, the three of them were dragged deeper into the lounge behind Paul as he led them into the back. He passed by Sophie, and his demeanor softened considerably as he stopped. "Follow me. I want to show you what happens to those who disrespect you." His hand went to the small of her back, guiding her down the bunny's maw and into the dark halls.

The three men screamed, struggling to no avail.

Marisa was a little surprised that what had felt right to him was to put his arms around her like that, but she wasn't going to complain. She looked up at him and saw that his eyes were on someone else. Was it his girl? With a dreamy look like that it would have to be. So for the while, she kept his body moving in tune with the beat, helping him sway back and forth without stepping on her foot again. "Ah, yes. You're a slow jam kind of guy," Marisa said with a smile. If Sophie didn't swoon after this, she was a callous bitch.

Sophie was all for putting the fear of God into those ass holes. They'd managed to disappoint her in six different ways in less than thirty seconds. The instant she saw Paul follow her back to the stand, she stood still and knew that something was wrong. He was too angry. She watched in horror the events that followed. Her eyes shot wide open and she lost her breath for a moment. It was one thing to scare them and throw them out...it was quite another to follow through with the fear.

Her heart thundered in her chest as she watched the bouncers pull Paul off of the guy. The screaming frightened her and she looked up at Paul in fear as he put his arm around her and guided her to the back with him. Tears gathered at the corners of her eyes and she shook her head, stepping in front of him. "Really, just throwing them out is fine," she said, trying to make him stop. "I think they're scared enough..."

Keith was relieved to find her hips swaying alongside his while the music continued to play. He was always more into this kind of music whenever it came to dancing, and he was afraid to admit it, since doing so would make him look like some kind of pansy. At least that's what he thought. Dancing right now...even though he wasn't doing it with his childhood sweetheart, it still felt really good. He found himself getting lost in the whole thing, and having Marisa's body held up close to him made the moment that much more tender. He kept his eyes closed, causing him to focus more on his other senses. Whatever it was she wore, he could smell it more clearly now. Her skin, smooth to slide against, felt warm and welcoming to his own shaved skin. The protruding melons on her torso area felt prominent against the thin layer of his button shirt. The music simply drowned him in bliss. The only one missing in this moment seemed to be Sophie.

"You made the right choice," Keith said, returning his own smile.

Paul stopped before her, staring down into her eyes. The tears startled him for a moment, but then he remembered how many times he had seen his girls tear up whenever he'd do this. He brought his fingers up to her chin, raising it up. "Ah, they may be scared, but they still need to go home with a souvenir so they can learn from their mistake."

He brushed her aside and unlocked a steel door covered with a series of dents and scratches. Rust stains licked down from the top of it. He opened the door, flipping on the lights. Inside, was an empty, spacious room with a large, steel worktable and a couple of chairs. It was lit by a single lamp hanging from the ceiling. "After you, gentlemen," he said, straightening his collars and smoothing the loose strands which fell from his hair.

The men continued to scream, kicking their feet all over the floor while they were being dragged into the middle of the room. One of the bouncers struck them in the head to pacify him, beating him down once with a large fist to send him into a daze. The one that Paul struck earlier was slammed on the table face-first, while his friends were thrown onto a chair.

Paul stood by the door, reaching for a steel bat that had been leaning against the wall. He rose it up and examined it, spinning the club for a moment before shifting his eyes toward the three men. Then he began taking steps toward them.

Keith was a nice boy. He deserved to be with the person he loved. She felt a little guilty for taking him away from her tonight. She wondered if the girl knew. Well, whatever the situation, she was glad to have him with her, dancing like this. She put her hands on his hips to guide him a little and once he got it she smiled and just let him hold her. He smelled nice and felt just a good as he held her, moving to the music.

At his comment she smiled. "You should dance with her when you see her again. Just like this," she said with a smile, her body still moving with his. "I bet she'd really like it. Hey, do you want my help to plan a nice date night?" Her eyes lit up at the prospect. If she couldn't have a date herself, she wanted someone else to have a great time. She was a shameless romantic, and she liked Keith. She hoped this Sophie girl was good for him.

The redhead in question was busy trying not to be scared as she watched the three men carried away, screaming. When Paul lifted her chin, she was hoping it would be to tell her it was her choice. No such luck. He was bent on teaching those three a lesson they wouldn't forget. A punch, maybe a banning, something like that would have sufficed in her book, but she wasn't sure what would be enough for Paul.

She followed after the man who seemed so angry, and yet controlled at the same time. He wielded his rage like the bat he twirled in his hands. She watched as the bouncers hit the men to quiet them. It certainly broke the hysterics. Her heart stopped and she was horrified at the way he could just twirl his bat like that. "Please, don't," she said weakly, knowing as she said it that it wouldn't really matter in the end. He wouldn't kill them--at least not in front of her. She hoped. But it didn't stop him from hurting them, and she didn't know just how bad it would be. Scared, she looked at a bouncer, her eyes frightened and teary, just like before. It was as if she was asking him to reassure her that things would be all right.

The man didn't even look at her for more than a glance.

At this point, it was hard for him to imagine Marisa having ties to the family. She was so unexpectedly sweet and considerate, that he must have dated the wrong person. Perhaps reality was stranger than fiction. He smiled, grabbing her wrists and wrapping her arms around his neck, while he kept his hands on her waist. "No need to be shy, Marisa, I won't bite," he said. "And in response to your question, sure. I would like that. But maybe we should also put some thought into finding the right person for you."

"Stop, please! W-we'll leave, I promise! You don't have to do this, dammit! Please!"

"Stan Spilleto..." Paul said, reading his driver's license. The bat was rested against his shoulder, and he tapped it rhythmically as though he were tapping his foot. "Sounds Italian...almost." It was as though being Italian would let him off the hook, but that wasn't so in this case. "You wanna know how much of a disgrace you are to all of us?"

"I didn't do anything! All I did was...I-I--we were just trying to have a good time!"

"You also didn't say 'sorry'." Paul's grip on his bat tightened.

"I'm sorry!" Stan screamed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me! No, oh god, please don't do it!"

It was as though Paul couldn't hear him. He hadn't heard Sophie's plea as well. As though on cue, the bouncers pulled out Stan's shivering arm and stretched it out across the table.

Paul took a step forward, raised his bat with both arms and executed Stan's arm, sounding out a dull thud. A faint crack snapped from where the steel club struck.

The man who had gone a bit too far with Sophie screamed, gasping in between cries, cradling his arm like a wounded child. He slumped down to the floor, curling into a fetal position as he continued to scream.

"YOU BROKE IT! OH JESUS-FUCKING-GOD, YOU BROKE IT! OH SHIT, OH SHIT..."

His friends gasped in horror, eyes bugged out wide as they panted, anticipating the same deed coming to them.

Paul stood there, keeping the bat down. He glanced over at Sophie, studied her expression, then went back to Stan. "Today's your lucky day. I'm only gonna hit you once. Normally, I'd have broken your fingers already, but I'll go easy on you because the girl cares enough about your well-being. You leave out the backdoor with your buddies, and you never come back, you hear? I'm keeping your driver's license, Stan. I'm gonna keep my eye on you for any funny stuff, because if I see you reportin' to the pigs or tryin' to come back to mess with my girls, I'm gonna break more than your arm, you hear? You won't be wakin' up next time. You'll be swimmin' with the fishies. It's just like the movies, Stan. I'll bury you and your friends in concrete. And those blocks will be in pieces."

They opened a door in the far back, which led to the back alley of the lounge. The three of them quietly made their way outside, with Stan grimacing out the door. Paul tapped the head of his bat on the floor as he watched them leave.

Marisa blinked in surprise. She smiled at his words and kept her arms around his neck for the time being. "You are certainly not what I expected, Keith. And while I appreciate your offer to help me look, I don't think it's really something that will happen. At least not for a long while." She kissed his cheek. "But thank you."

She kept dancing with him until the song was over and then motioned to a place where they could sit and talk. She started to head over, taking his hand and tugging him along as well.

Sophie let out a little strangled noise of fear and sympathy for the man who'd already promised to leave. Really, this was going too far, wasn't it? She watched, frozen, as he screamed and curled up on the floor, his arm bending in a way it should not have bent as he cradled it. She had to close her eyes and look away, tears spilling from the corners of them. If his goal was to frighten the guys, he'd achieved it. But he's also managed to frighten Sophie, and by the time he glanced back at her, her eyes were back on him and her knees were shaking.

When they left, she was relieved, and her legs gave out, leaving her on her knees. She hadn't realized it, but she'd been holding her breath. And her heart was beating faster now. She definitely needed a minute to get her bearings back.

He let her lead him towards a long sofa lining the walls, keeping a brisk pace behind her before sitting down. Her imprint on his cheek felt warm, and he never bothered to wipe it, instead letting the air of the club cool it over his skin. "You're welcome, Marisa," he said. "And you'll find him. Or in your case, he'll find you."

The dance floor was empty now, and he just felt like taking a moment to bask in silence for a bit while he compiled the rest of his thoughts. He hoped she didn't find him boring for doing so. His mind kept wandering to Sophie, and it then dawned on him that she was in the middle of her own favor. He wondered what she may be going through at that Bunny Lounge of Paul's. Whatever it may have been, he felt this powerful urge to want to check up on her. He was missing her already.

Paul knelt on one knee, lowering himself so he was nearly level with Sophie. "Babe, you alright?" His thumb came up over to wipe the tears from her face. As he did so, he spread his palm across her cheek, caressing her. "Someone as beautiful as you are shouldn't be wastin' their lives cryin' like that. It ain't all your fault. You weren't the one who swung that bat. I did. You told me earlier that you wanted to be treated with more respect. Well..." He raised his eyebrows at her in a playful manner, shrugging.

Marisa smiled at his confident reply, chuckling a little. "Aww, you're a sweet guy, Keith." She smiled at him and reached over, squeezing his hand as she sat with him. "So, let's talk about your girlfriend a little. What's she like?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as she settled into the comfy sofa. She wanted to help him so much. Maybe she was living through him a little, but that was okay. As long as someone else could be happy.

Sophie tried her best to calm down after seeing what she'd seen. Even kneeling his was taller than her--imposing somehow. She let him touch her, not that she had much say in the matter. He was tender with her, gentle as he brushed away her tears, his hand stroking her face gently. Her grey eyes locked onto his as he tried to make her feel better. His last joke didn't do much to help his case, but he was trying. In the spirit of reciprocity she offered a wan smile. "I appreciate your verve, but you could have just thrown them out," she said, trying to joke back. "I think I just need a second. I'll be okay." She nodded and took a deep breath, and put on the smile again, trying to pull it back together. Honestly, it reminded her of when Keith had gotten hurt too much. She had a flash of him in her mind and wished he was here.

"Would you help me up? My legs kind of feel like Jello." She chuckled and tried to put the violence in her mind away.

The question brought him back to the moment. "She's my childhood sweetheart," he said, stating it out boldy. "I guess you can say she's kind of made me who I am, for better or for worse." He thought for a moment, flattening both hands on the seat. "It's mostly because she's the first person that I've ever held such strong feelings for, and I've been building upon that for many years." He paused again, realizing he hadn't directly answered her question. "She's beautiful, the most beautiful person I've ever known. I'm noticing that more...and it kind of pains me that I haven't had the chance to share these thoughts with her face-to-face." He looked down for a moment. "Come to think of it, we haven't had very many opportunities to really get to know one another this way. There have been flashes and bits here and there, but nothing long and consistent. We've only been recently reacquainted." He then continued, sharing with Marisa about their history, starting with the silly Valentine's rejection many years ago, to how he used to pick on her, then leading to the present situation with Jeff, Vinnie, and her parents. He just went on for a while, pouring his thoughts on the matter, pausing to make sure she heard it all, before finishing.

"And here we are now," Keith said. "She's at the Bunny Lounge right now serving your cousin, and I'm here with you to make sure you're safe and sound."

Without a word, Paul stood up, dragging her up to her feet. He noticed the gray patch of dust clinging to the knee-area of her stockings, and bent down to brush it away, while keeping his hand on her back to support himself. They were alone in the hallway; the bouncers had all returned to the front. It took Paul a great deal of nerve to hold back on wanting to go farther with this redhead. She was pound-for-pound made of gorgeous, but this whole night was strictly business. He would have no doubt that what he did tonight would come right back to bite his ass someday, yet he didn't seem to mind. What he was looking forward to was having this broad return.

"Take your time," he said, keeping his hand on her back, which was exposed from the way the outfit was designed. "Not everyone's accustomed to seeing things like that. Usually, I don't let anyone in on seeing that either. The reason why I did that in front of you's because I feel that you're special. I trust you, that's why."

Paul then paused, examining her from above with his dark eyes. "You trust me, Sophie?"

Marisa listened with interest to what Keith told her, outraged by Keith's situation with Jeff. Mostly, she was understanding, though there were times when she thought Keith was kind of a jerk during his retelling of the events that had lead up to tonight. Well, no one was perfect. And he was obviously getting better. She smiled and wondered if she would like Sophie. He said she was beautiful. But she wondered if he meant physically or as far as her heart went. Surely it was both.

She liked that he wanted to get to know her better now, to be honest with her. Sophie seemed like she deserved that after what he'd put her through. And it was nice to talk to him like a friend. She wondered if he felt better now that he'd gotten it all off his chest.

"Well, my cousin will take care of her," she said with confidence. "He owns another club like this one across town. He's very protective of the women that work for him--even if they don't stay long. Sometimes he's protective of the female customers as well--rare as they are." She said it to put her escort's mind at ease, and hoped that he wouldn't worry. They could go and visit when they were finished here.

"It sounds like she can handle herself anyway. I'm sure she'll be just fine." She smiled and squeezed his hand. "Hmmm, it seems like you two need a place to have a nice dinner together. Someplace quiet. Not like my uncle's place. When she's not expecting it, you should take her out or cook something for her. Then you can get used to dating her again. And you can never go wrong with flowers, as cliched as it is." She smiled and then told him some other things Sophie might like--the dancing, maybe a nice walk somewhere. She helped him plan it out and gave him little ideas. She hoped that by doing this, she could get his mind off of his girl.

Sophie was grateful for his help and she took a deep breath as she toughened up and got used to standing on her own again. She let him brush off her knees, not realizing the floor was so grimy. Before she knew it, she was all right again--at least physically. If she wanted normal, she'd have to leave this room, so she let Paul do just that. When they stopped, she looked up at him, his arm still around her. She was very close to him, but for some reason, she got the feeling he wouldn't cross the line. She could see desire in his eyes though, and she wondered if he looked at all his girls this way.

"You trust me, Sophie?"

Did she? She looked up at him for a long moment and decided that despite his rough way of handling things and his earlier rudeness--not to mention his watching her get dressed--she did trust him. It was strange to think that she'd only known him for a little bit, but he'd promised that he wouldn't let anyone touch her, and he'd severely punished the man who had. He was good for his word. She smiled and nodded. "I think I really do." She paused and then turned away. "Well, those people aren't going to serve themselves," she said, heading back toward the club. She was determined to do her best for him while she was there, though she wasn't sure how long she was supposed to work. She would ask a bit later. For now, she had a job to do.

Her ideas only made him think even more about Sophie. Not only that, but the way Marisa held his hand, along with her reassurance, began to remind him of Sophie's mother Deliah. He did listen to her though, and he considered her advice. It never occurred to him that his love life consisted of nothing more than a string of one-night stands, and random dates with models and porn actresses that never lasted more than a few weeks at best. They were so coked-up on drugs and their fast-paced lives to even consider such alternatives Marisa suggested. Even his suggestion to go get wasted at a swanky hotel had been his go-to solution for handling bored females, and he's been used to it for some time already. It's strange how that had never occurred to him until now, that being simple and honest was the way to go.

The wait was now unbearable. He really had to go see her now, now that they were talking about her so much. "You know, since we're so close to your cousin's lounge, I hope you don't mind if we do a little bar hop over there right now. It's opening night too." Keith rose from his seat, leading her up with him. He gave her a moment to share her thoughts before leaving the club, checking the time real quick and noticing it was already 10 PM.

Paul smiled in response to her answer. That was what he wanted to hear from the girl. It relieved him, because for a moment, he thought he might have spooked her a little too hard for comfort. He was putting his business on the line by letting her work for him tonight--and he could tell by the look in her eye that she wasn't planning on stickin' around. It bothered him somewhat, but he had to let it go. Women were fickle creatures, and like cats, you couldn't force them to do whatever they didn't want to. So it was better to let it go, and at this point, it was good that she trusted him, and he could see the conviction in her eyes as she said it. Maybe she would come back for another night. He would welcome her with open arms.

He let her go, watching her spin around and leave. My, what a waste to let her go off like that. She was surely a piece of work indeed. Paul was just about to lose it, but he kept his cool, conjuring another cigarette. He shook his head as he watched that cotton tail wag as she moved, wishing for an indulgent moment that that ass was pressed against his heated crotch.

In some ways she'd wanted him to think of his girl, but in others, she really wanted him to forget her. Something seemed to click in his head, and she was glad that she had been able to help him figure that out. But it seemed to make him worry more. At his suggestion to leave here and head to the bunny lounge she nodded. "Sure, I wanted to check it out while I was in town anyway. I'm sure Paul will be glad to see me. Just one thing though..." She paused for a moment to make sure she had his attention.

"Paul can be a bit...off-putting at first. Be respectful to the ladies there and he'll be nice. But you need to keep your cool. Paul has always been attracted to beautiful women, and that means he might be checking out your girl. Just relax. He wouldn't do anything to her, okay?"

That said she took his hand and made him promise her to keep calm before they left. Keith seemed like the jealous type.

Sophie didn't want to come back. This place just wasn't for her--personality wise. It wasn't that she didn't like it--it was like any other job at a restaurant, really. She just didn't like the way she felt when she was here. Nor the idea that any kind of disapproval from her would wind someone up in the back room with a bat to his head. She cringed at the image. Besides, letting other people check her out and manipulating men just didn't feel right. She put on a smile and slapped herself back into character as the next few people came up into the line. She apologized Carla as she took her place once more and found another table for the gentlemen.

She wasn't aware that Paul had been watching her with less-than-gentlemanly thoughts. Nor was she aware of the fact that he was putting himself on the line by having her work there. She was simply doing her boyfriend a favor to get him out of trouble. Sophie worked the crowd like a pro after some observation of the bunnies and a bit of practice with the customers. Before she knew it, it was 10. "Hey, Carla, I know this is going to sound dumb, but how long am I supposed to be working? No one really told me anything other than what time I should be here."

Sounds just like how I'd expect the owner of "The Bunny Lounge" would be like, Keith thought. He didn't want to be rude to Marisa about what he thought of her cousin, so he kept his mouth shut, nodding instead. The name of the place sounded pretty sleazy though, to be honest. Maybe he was jumping to conclusions a little early. It was just a name...but as he neared the entrance, he began to have his doubts. The windows were all tinted so you weren't able to look inside, but he could see flashing lights and plenty of shadows flickering from behind the windows.

Keith's hand on Marisa tightened as he neared the entrance, which had a short line of guys from all walks of life snaking through the doorway, guarded by bouncers. He began to wonder how many of these dudes have been around his girlfriend, and the more he thought about it, the more uneasy he felt. The wait in line didn't seem to help one bit.

"It's a nice place," he said, nodding. He held Marisa's hand, keeping her close by his side.

The lounge was brimming with activity now. Carla had been busy filling up Sophie's position in the front, and her eyes widened at the sight of her return. "Oh god, I'm so glad you made it back!" She said, throwing her arms around her before disengaging. "We're getting swamped! You're okay, right?" She examined her face, pinching corners and poking her cheek. "Good, you're alright! We stay open 'til 2 AM, so I'd pace myself if I were you."

Most of the men were now suited businessmen, who were polite, and eager for the company Sophie was providing. A few of them would flirt with her, but nothing of the same caliber as the three men from before. They smiled at everything Sophie said, nodding briefly while stealing glances at specific parts of her body at any given chance. One tried to take pictures, but a bouncer stepped in and stopped him before he could squeeze in a shot. After being helped, one of them slipped a crisped, folded twenty in between Sophie's breasts, smiling as he did so.

Marisa could tell this was hard on Keith. She smiled and squeezed his hand. "It is...though it's a bit..." what was the word she was looking for? "It's a little...loud." She smiled and stood a little closer to him in line, not wanting to get mixed in with the crowd of men that was filing in. She was glad that Keith held onto her hand, pleased that he was there. She smiled and squeezed it, trying to confer the fact that everything would be just fine. They were next.

Sophie smiled and hugged the girl back, glad that she'd been missed, though sad that it had caused the poor girl some grief. She scrunched her nose a bit as the girl pinched her. "I'm fine!" She smile reassuringly, though she was incredibly disheartened at the fact that she'd be up til at least three in the morning--shower mandatory.

The redhead stayed strong and kept herself going, however, holding back a grimace as a man slipped a bill between her breasts. She smiled graciously and removed it. "Thank you, sir, but this isn't that kind of place," she said with a wink. "Here, you can just hand it to us," she said, taking it and leaving him with a little wink, giving the money to Carla. "I know it's not much, but I did leave you alone for awhile. I want you to have it, okay?"

She smiled and then looked into the line and saw Keith standing there with a beautiful, buxom blonde. For a moment, she felt nothing but jealousy and a little pain squeeze at her heart. But then the moment was gone and she smiled again. He was here. "I'll take these, Carla," she said, turning to the woman. "How many tonight?" she asked with a smile.

Keith was feeling his heart thrumming in his chest as he neared the entrance. The anxiety was getting to be a bit much. He hardly paid any attention to the bouncer as he was frisked, keeping his green eyes locked forward on the black rectangle of the entrance before him. Afterwards, he waited for Marisa's turn before continuing, taking her hand as she was through. The music continued to grow louder as he took each step, eventually surrounding him as he entered the stuffy lounge, letting his eyes become accustomed to the dim, dark-red glow.

And then he saw her. Or, she saw him first.

She was dressed in a...bunny suit? He blinked once, trying to make sure if he had seen the right person. That was Sophie, all right. She looked so...exposed in that costume, with those black ears protruding from her head like sultry antennas. It looked silly at first, but he couldn't help but keep his eyes on her, seeing how the outfit brought out so much of her on display for him to see. And for others to see as well.

His grip on Marisa's hand tightened--and then he realized he had been holding her hand this entire time! He immediately let go, noticing the jealousy written on Sophie's face as an indicator that it was too late. He was sure that she'd understand, but it would take some explaining to do, and Keith's mind was in a frenzy right now, and the thudding music wasn't helping either.

"How about three," Keith said, piercing her with his eyes. He missed those gray eyes, and amidst all of this chaos, it seemed to calm him the most.

Marisa grinned. So this was Sophie. But she saw an unmistakable glimmer of hurt on the girl's beautiful face. When Keith let go of her hand, she took no offense. The smile was back in place soon enough, but she knew that it would take a while for the girl to fully understand that she meant no harm. The pretty blonde looked around for her cousin, but just decided to ask. "Could you get Paul for me? I'd like to see him before I leave. Tell him his cousin Marisa is here."

Carla took off before Sophie had a chance. "Waiting for someone else to join you?" she asked, smiling as she took three menus and led them to a nice book, taking Keith's arm and leaning on it a bit. It was fairly obvious that the redhead was playing a part. Marisa felt bad for the poor girl. Maybe she could put in a word with her cousin as well.

Sophie refused to let it get to her. Marisa was a beautiful girl, but Keith was only with her because he owed someone a favor. She let that thought stay in her head as she walked Keith and his little friend to their table, her body taking as much comfort from him as she could while she was here. "As much as I would love to stay and talk, it's really busy right now, and Carla's off looking for Paul. I have to get back, but I'll check on you again. The line looks like it's dying down a little. Your server will be right with you." She smiled at Keith, feeling both glad to see him and ashamed that he was seeing her like this.

She was at everyone's beck and call, a smiling doll who used her body to get men to pay more, her curvy form practically begging them to do more than she wanted them to do. She wanted in that moment to go home very much. She wanted Keith to forget he'd seen her here like this. But she kept that god damn smile plastered on her face. If she'd been here on her own terms, if she was comfortable enough with herself to do this on her own, it wouldn't have mattered. But she wasn't, and so her inner resolve began to break down.

Back
Top Bottom