Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rift .. A Dark Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Cool :) ]

"Get rid of my right eye..." he requested from her. "I know it's about to take over. I might not know friend from foe if it's unleash" he said. His eye pulse more and more and a lightning current forms around him.

((I'm pretty much sitting on the side of the road you have to take to get to the ruins. Patiently waiting while utilising smoke rings as a form of divination to know bits and pieces of what's going on.))

As the group came around the bend they saw the figure of a man sitting on a rock on the side of the road..

De'Mona approched the man, " hello, what brings someone this far out into the bad lands by themselves?"

Azer looked at Heath, he had overheard the conversation that he had with De'Mona. "I can do it for you, but it may be quite painful but there will be a clean sear, and the eye will be easy enough for a cleric to heal and replace."

"Time. I find myself with far too much of it. There is little to occupy it in this world of mine."

He lifted his head up and put out his pipe, knocking the ashes to the ground as he stood, joints creaking from sitting too long.

"I see you met the Fleance family, or what remains of that degenerate clan."

The man leaned upon his long haft axe as he would a walking stick.

"I...I..." The pain in his eye became unbearable. He shoves Azer back and dashes off into a secluded area. He kept agonizing in pain as the symbol on his right eye begins to form on his left.

Azer turned to look at this old man, what did he know of the world. He was old yes, but what could he offer them, what help could he provide. "Old man you say that you find yourself with nothing but time, what can you tell me of time. I have seen its passing as well, yet my life has found uses for it. what have you done in your past to use it up?"

Azer watched the old man but looked on as Heath ran off, 'more than likely his eye' he thought to himself, but soon his attention was back on this old man in front of them.

De'Mona watched the man with interest as he stood up it was obvious from all the battle wounds that he had been in his fair share of fights.

She raised and eyebrow " the Fleance family? I'm sorry that name doesn't sound familiar."

"You wouldn't know them, they are a degenerate clan which once walked under the light of sky; but now they're little more then beasts."

He pointed to the blasted tree near where he had set.

"Some claim they travel by way of lightning for it strikes before they do; but truly they travel beneath this land for it is full of unseen things."

With a steady gaze he turned and stared at the upstart youth, for all of youthful appearance were children in his eyes.

"I have gained and lost more then most man can claim. At the moment I reside in a place of lost and so have time aplenty."

De'Mona turned to Azar. " Don't be to hasty we're going to need all the help we can get once we get up to the ruins to make it habitable for us to spend the winter,... it's not going to be easy"

"So you know about those beasts? we where attacked by then yesterday .. the wounded a far number of us ... and we lost one."

That was all that Azer had wanted from the man, "Fear not De'Mona, I only asked him what he had done with his time, nothing more." but there after Azer stood quietly listening to what the old man had to say about the beasts the had encountered the day before.

"I engaged them in certain endeavors in the past when I could employ others."

It was an off the cuff response that left implications.

"So you intend to head to the ruins, not many do so for the dangers it pose. Once it was a prideful place, strong and solid that protected the land; but now it is blighted."

As he spoke he looked over his shoulder at the direction they would need travel to approach it.

"Only the foolish and desperate venture there, and there is little to tell the two apart."

Heath looked in at his reflexion in a puddle. The curse symblos was in both eyes now. He soon begin to laugh a sadistic laugh. As if he was a new person. "Power....I need power..." he said quietly. He regained is compousire and heas towards the group.

De'Mona threw back her head and laughed... "then I guess I'm a little of both.." I've been traveling so long I just want a place to settle down for awhile... away from what is going on in the rest of the world."

"You engaged them how?" De'Mona started to get some strange vibes ... "So you mean you can control them?" she said raising an eyebrow

"Control was never a word I used to describe the situation. They are controlled by the vengeful spirit of their youngest that they murdered in a fit. At best you can point them where you want them to go; but there's no guarantee that what you want will happen."

He shook his head and sighed as he was forced to remember his past.

"Once I had such power, or ability, but now no more."

De'Mona looked at the man .. she had a feeling he looked older then he really was due to a hard life.
"So what happened to you? How did you lose your powers?"

Just then she noticed Heath had run off... "Where did Heath go? Heath." she called growing a little worried. "Did anybody see where Heath went?"

"Oh, I'm right here..." he said with a different attitude. His blonde hair were sticking up as if static electricity was causing this to happen. "Did I miss anything?" he asked as his new eyes were glaring at De'Monas.

"The ebb and flow of dynasties."

It was a complicated issue, he still had power aplenty; but temporal power that he could exercise was lost to him at the moment.

"you had me worried about you Heath .. what was that you wanted me to do about your eye?"
she looked at him a little puzzled noticing something had changed about him.

Turning back towards Marquis, "well if you want your more then welcome to travel with us.. by the way My name is De'Mona and who would you be Sir?"

"Nothing...my eyes are perfect" he said as he got closer to her. "Let's just say I had a real jolt of reality" he chuckled and admiring her figure.

"Your acting very ... strange Heath, are you sure we got all that poison out earlier? are you feeling alright?"

"Heh, the poison is all gone, I just decided to go with a new way of living" he said. "my, you're so hot it's shocking" he chuckled. It was clear to see that the symbols in both his eyes are fully taking over his mind and body.

Azer did not like the look of this, Heath was not his normal self, something was wrong with him but what it was he didn't know. he could slight le make out the markings of both his eyes, and tackled De'Mona out of the way before she could touch him, not trusting in what would happen to her.

He took the moment's distraction of Heath to ignore her question, he did not desire to release his name and the group made any statement of his seem inappropriate. Taking a step back he positioned himself to watch what would unfold; but took no act to intervene.

"Killjoy..." Heath hissed out at Azer for what he done. "I was have a nice chat with her!" His temper was shon as more eletrical currents swarm around his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom