Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unturned Stone (Rage and Candira)

Roxxi cuddled into him until she absolutely had to be leaving. So she kissed him deeply before she got up. "Time to go," she said, pouting a little. "But I'll see you later." She smiled and grabbed her yoga gear and then ran to the fridge for a big bottle of water and then left, just barely making it in time to set up for her class.

Zeke found himself alone for the time being, making the calls and placing the food orders, figuring he could simply get everything arranged ahead of time. The food would all be delivered later on, just before the party, so everything was set. Now he just had to wait, sending out texts to remind everyone of the party and then taking a seat on the sofa, still lounging in his shorts as he flipped through channels to pass the time, waiting for either Roxxi or Carla to come home.

Chance and Ash had each received their texts while going about their own business for the day, both sending Zeke back confirmation that they'd be there. Ash had been at the warehouse lounging, and Chance had been doing the same at his pool, simply taking a day to relax a bit. He had also been thinking of when to throw the little party at his place for everyone, where they could be a bit wilder than what an apartment complex allowed, and not have to worry so much about noise. His parents' house was far enough across the estate that they wouldn't be disturbed, plus the place was practically sound proof, so there would be no complaints about party. He'd had enough before to know this already.

V received her text just as he was finishing lunch at home. She'd done some of the Chinese recipes she knew and pared it down for a much smaller group. She would definitely have enough to bring to the party later, plus have some leftovers. She made the best cream cheese wanton's she'd ever tasted and did a sweet batch and savory one. She put them in a container for later to heat up and then bring over to the party, saving the rest for herself. She'd been cleaning her place all day and it was spotless. Smiling, she adjusted a little bit of furniture for some feng shui. The woman smiled and then sent her text to Zeke, saying she'd be there with a treat. She then went about deciding what to wear and who would like it the most...

Carla arrived home just after Zeke sent the messages. She groaned as she dragged in a prop for the presentation she'd done without the bag she'd brought it in and her brief case, her purse dangling from her wrist as the blonde struggled to get in the door, and all of this done in high heels. "Ah! Anyone home?" she called rather desperately.

Hearing Carla call out, Zeke was instantly up and bounding over the sofa to help her out, still dressed only in his shorts, since he'd been enjoying a Saturday not having to worry about being somewhere, and therefore not having to worry about dressing up for anything. "I gotcha," he told her as he went to grab the board for her as well as anything else he could get his hands on to lighten the load a bit. Once he had relieved her of as much of the load as he could manage, he offered her a slight smile.

"Just tell me where you want it," he said with a wink, figuring she'd have him take it to her room as he turned and prepared to head down the hall.

He took the board from her and freed her up considerably. Panting, the blonde slowly moved into the apartment, dumping her case onto the floor and kicking off her shoes. In all honesty, she'd noticed his state of dress immediately, but she was so out of breath, she was a little afraid that she'd have an attack. "Thank you," she panted. "You can put it just inside the door of my room," she said, reaching in her purse for her inhaler, just in case. Thankfully, nothing happened.

The blonde got her breathing back to normal, replaced the inhaler and locked the door behind her as she followed the shirtless man to her bedroom. "Sorry, but the bag strap broke and made it useless and there was a guy moving a couch in the elevator," she said looking up at him. "That thing gets heavy after awhile." she set her purse down on her desk in her room.

It was a soothing blue and green affair--a pale muted sort of green on the walls--a lovely color really--with bright light blue and white accents all over. Her bed had sort of a driftwood look to it. Her desk was a light sandy color with lime green organizers and blue little accent things. It was just big enough for her school things and laptop. There was a book shelf long the wall and a few sturdy shelves above the desk. She had a dresser along the wall by the window the same color as her desk, and the closet was full of her clothes. It was very neat, but there was a noticeable air filter as well.

"Thanks for coming to my rescue. I saw some leaping action," she joked as she took her jacket off and hung it over the back of a nice desk chair. She was wearing a nice white blouse beneath and a long but flattering pair of pants.

Putting the board and other stuff he had grabbed from her where she had indicated, Zeke turned and got his first good look at Carla since she'd entered, unable to help an appreciative glance up and down before he straightened out and gave a slight nod. "Hey, it was no problem. I always enjoy a good excuse to hurdle furniture," he joked, giving her a playful wink as he started to make his way out of her room, not wanting her to feel uncomfortable with him lingering too long. She had proven to be a very private person, and he was more than happy to respect that aspect of her personality.

"If you want a rub, just ask me. Be happy to help you relax a bit," he offered once he was in the hall, then he turned and headed back out to the living room to take his seat on the couch once more. Settling into the very comfortable seat, he just relaxed and let the TV draw his attention for a while. He wasn't in any hurry to push his new roommate into warming up to him, but would simply let her take the time to do it on her own. Roxxi was already as close as she could be without being his girlfriend, even if had just kind of happened, but Carla was a different creature all together from his experience with her to that point.

Carla smiled at his little joke and nodded as he left, closing the door so she could change. Not that he would peak, but she just felt better about it. She was a private person, yes, but there were reasons for that as well. And throughout her adult life, she'd been taken advantage of so trusting poeple was something new for her. She trusted Roxxi, and if Roxxi trusted the people in this band, then so did she...to a point. It was just that so many things set off her asthma that it was difficult to let people in. It was one of the reasons she didn't wear fragrances--just did scented soaps and occasionally a mildly scented lotion.

The blonde came out of her room a few moments later in a nice black tee with a print of some night time city scape, that showed her off in just the right way, and a pair of comfy flare jeans. Her blond hair was in loose curls from earlier and she came to sit on the couch with her new roomie.

"So, what's up? Do anything fun today?"

Zeke offered Carla a smile as she joined him on the couch, obviously taking a moment to admire the way the shirt and jeans fit her before turning his attention back to the TV. Then she asked about his day, and if he did anything fun, which caused him to look back at her with a bit of a sheepish grin as he shrugged gently. "Um...yeah...yeah, was a...um...pretty fun...day." He could actually feel the heat in his cheeks as they turned a little red, causing him to quickly snap his gaze back to the TV. Unfortunately, for all of his charms, Zeke did not have a good poker face at all.

He was fairly certain Roxxi didn't actually care if Carla knew about their activities, since she had obviously already told her of them, and he was glad for that since his inability to play it straight would give it away. Then again, maybe it wasn't Roxxi he was concerned about embarrassing since she wasn't exactly shy about the nature of their relationship. He just didn't want to make Carla feel uncomfortable around him. "So...how...how was your day?"

She laughed and looked over at him. "Okay, so judging by how red you are and how shy you've suddenly become, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you either did something highly embarrassing or you totally had sex." He was pretty transparent. She was a grown up and could handle the fact that people got it on. "You know, you really don't have to be so shy about it, if that's what happened. I promise, I can take it." She chuckled and nudged him a little.

"I don't really wanna talk about my day. Let's just say Murphy's law was in full effect. It hasn't been the best. But I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and having fun. Oh, does anyone else in your band smoke?" she asked, remembering her earlier close call. "I just wanna warn them to not smoke ahead of time. Otherwise I have to stay in my room with my little air filter."

Zeke relaxed a bit, nodding slightly as he looked to Carla once more. "I know you can take it...I just don't want to give the impression I'm a total hound," he explained, smiling somewhat before turning himself to prop his leg on the seat of the couch, propping his arm on the back. As she explained that she didn't want to talk about her day and how horrible it had been, he simply nodded slightly, respecting her right to silence, and understanding not wanting to relive it.

When she mentioned the party, he smiled once more, knowing she would enjoy meeting he others. When she asked about the smoking, he pursed his lips gently. "Well," he said. "Ash doesn't, but I don't know about Chance. Haven't seen him smoke, so I'd have to assume he doesn't, but you can never be sure. Either way, I'll make sure anyone who smokes takes it outside." He offered her a reassuring smile as he continued. "Wouldn't want you to miss the fun, after all."

She laughed at his explanation. "Oh, it'll take more than that to make me think you're a hound," she teased. "Like ears and a tail for one. Or humping anything that moves. And last I checked, Roxxi was a very attractive woman with a wonderful and charming personality. Why shouldn't you be into her?" She tilted her head, a little amused. "I'm not in the business of judging my roommates. However, I do judge a teenie bit when I'm involved. So far, you've kept your promise to keep it out of my room, and that's all I can ask." With that she smiled and gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

He seemed happy about his party, and she was glad that she'd agreed to it. She needed to loosen up a little tonight. From what she could gather, the rest of the band was made up of men. Though she thought Roxxi had spoken about a woman? Oh well, she'd meet them all tonight. The blonde relaxed a bit when Zeke assured her that all smoking would be done outdoors. She smiled at him and squeezed his shoulder.

"Thank you. I know it kind of sucks to have to worry about this kind of thing, but I appreciate your willingness to deal with it. Besides, it makes the landlords happy." She leaned against him a little and just relaxed a little. "You know what? I want some chocolate and some wine. How about you? I made better than sex cake the other night."

Zeke offered a slight smile to Carla, nodding eagerly at the mention of the cake. "Oh yeah," he told her. If it was chocolate, he was all for it, especially with a name like 'better than sex'. "You know, I think you'll like V too," he added as he got up and offered a hand to help her up. "She's out drummer. Totally hot, and a lot of fun." He hadn't even thought to mention her while addressing the smoking issue because he would never have even considered her for lighting one up. Ash had quit smoking, and he didn't know about Chance, so they had naturally came to mind when it was mentioned.

"So, better than sex, huh? I have to try this for myself," he joked as he gave her that trademark Zeke smile and motioned for her to lead the way to wherever she had the cake stored. "So, do you have an alcohol preference for the party? I ordered some subs and Chinese food, and scheduled the delivery for tonight. I figure I'll need to make a run to the bottle shop too for us and Roxxi. Everyone else was informed to bring their own alcohol."

Carla chuckled at the way he told her he wanted her cake and then took his offered hand, getting up with him. She smiled at the mention of the drummer and grinned. "I hope I do. It's always nice to make new friends. Maybe if you guys play at a place that isn't smokey I'll come and watch." She said it off-handedly, partially to not get his hopes up, and partially, because she didn't want to get her own hopes up.

She laughed at the way he mentioned her cake. "I didn't name it, but it's delicious." Walking to the fridge, she grabbed some plates and glasses on her way. She pulled out a cake pan with lid and then opened it to reveal the cake she'd made. It was a chocolate cake with some holes poked in it--ok a lot of little holes--topped with a mixture of condensed, sweetened milk and caramel topping that had seeped into the cake to make it even more moist. Then came the whipped cream topping layer, and finally crushed heath on top. She cut two pieces and served them up, giving them both forks. She then served herself some chilled blackberry wine because that's how she preferred it and offered him some.

At the mention of alcohol she smiled. "Oh, I'm fine. I have brandy if I want it," she said with a smile. "Sometimes I mix it with Dr. Pepper. It's actually really good," she said with a laugh. "There's your cake. It's pretty rich, so you won't want anything sweet for awhile."

Following Carla to the kitchen, Zeke helped her in retrieving everything for them to indulge in a bit of dessert. "Lot of clubs we play have no smoking policies now, so I think it would be safe for you," he told her as they went about getting everything sat out on the counter. Once she had cut him a slice of cake and slid it to him, he smiled at her and gave an appreciative nod. "Thank you ma'am," he said with a wink, then happily accepted some of the offered wine as well.

Cutting a small chunk off with his fork, he took the bite and closed his eyes as he practically experienced an orgasm in his mouth. Zeke had a sweet tooth, there was no doubt of that, and that cake definitely pleased it. "Oh...my God," he commented, the cake still in his mouth and muffling his words a bit. "That just may be better than sex," he added, swallowing the bite and going for another. "I'll give it to you...you make a great cake," he said with another wink as he took the second bite.

Looking at her as he sipped some wine to wash the cake down, he grinned and tilted his head. "So, how's your pie?" Of course, it was a bit of a dirty, flirty comment to get her to smile and nothing more. Taking another bite of the cake, he closed his eyes and just savored it a bit before swallowing and sipping the wine again. "Because if it's as good as this, you're never getting rid of me..."

She laughed at his reaction to her cake. It really wasn't all that hard to make. It was just boxed mix and some common ingredients. Still, he was pretty cute when he was like this. Smiling she dug into her own piece and took a moment to really savor it. She chuckled as he winked and then took a seat to eat her tasty dessert. His comment bout her pie was flirty, but she treated it as a real question, not such an easy catch.

"I'm glad my baking talents impress you so," she said with a smile. "And if you can keep paying rent, I don't see why I should want to get rid of you. As for my pie though...you'll have to find out another time. I don't have anything made up just now," she teased.

Zeke realized that Carla apparently hadn't gotten the sexual reference in the pie comment, but he was content to let it slide. He just enjoyed the cake with a smile as he continued to make the slice smaller until it was finally gone. Finishing his glass of wine to wash it down, he slid from the stool and began to clean up for them, looking to her and grinning a bit. "Maybe you can make one sometime then," he told her, offering to get her dishes for her when she was done, though leaving the glasses on the counter so she could pour them each some more wine.

After rinsing the plates, he put them in the dishwasher and went to get the cake, placing the cover over it before putting it away as well. He then joined her at the counter once more and rested his forearms on the flat surface. "So...what should we do to pass the time now? Still a few hours before anyone arrives, and Roxxi won't be finished with her class for a little while I guess."

Carla sat next to him and finished off her cake and wine, content to let him take care of the dishes and putting everything away. Sweet tooth satisfied, the blonde stood up and stretched, pouring one more glass of wine before stowing the bottle. "Depends on what kind of pie you want," she said with a smile. Okay, maybe that was a tiny bit flirty, but she didn't take it any further.

"I don't know. We could play Mario Kart on the Wii for a while. It's pretty fun," she said with a grin.

Zeke thought about it for a moment, taking a sip from his wine, then nodded slightly. "That sounds fun," he finally answered, giving Carla a smile. "Wanna get us set up? I'll go get some clothes on so you don't have to be subjected to me running around half-naked anymore." He chuckled softly, finished the wine, and slid from his seat to walk to the sink, rinsing his glass out before placing it in the dish drainer. Afterward, he was headed down the hall to his room to grab some clothes, figuring it was about time he got dressed since things would be livening up soon enough.

Once he was dressed, he headed back out to the living room, now clad in a pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt with socks on his feet, hopping over the back of the sofa to land on the seat as he prepared for their game. "Now it's a little more fair since you won't be distracted by all of this," he joked, giving her a playful wink so she knew he was obviously kidding her.

Carla nodded and smiled at him as he went off to change. Rinsing out the glass she'd used, she put them both in the dishwasher. While he was off getting dressed, she set the tv to the right video setting and got the wii motes and wheels ready to go. She'd mastered the game and set time trial records with a vengeance. All characters were unlocked.

She grinned as he returned and laughed a little at his joke. "Maybe. But I don't think it's fair because you'll still be distracted from all this," she said, gesturing to herself. And she was looking really lovely.

Zeke had honestly never played the game before, being an Xbox guy himself, so Carla would definitely have the advantage as it was. He looked over to her as he grabbed the Wii-mote and chuckled softly at her retort to his joke. He couldn't deny that she had a point, and the way she gestured to herself caused his eyes to involuntarily travel over her form as they followed her hand. Finally he managed to tear his gaze free of her body and look at her face once more with a smirk.

"You make a very valid argument," he told her with a wink. "I guess I'll just have to try, but it won't be easy." He was honest, if nothing else, and couldn't deny that her lovely body was quite distracting.

Carla hadn't really been expecting his eyes to follow her hand. In a way, it was kinda nice to know that he appreciated her body. In fact, it was flattering, in an ego-boosting kind of way. So she let him get away with the cheesy wink as his eyes finally met hers again and chuckled at his comment, not really being able to tell if he was kidding or not. But that was fine.

She selected the two player option and a vs match. Then it was time to pick the characters, and she went straight for Toadette. When it was time to choose the vehicle, she chose the magickruiser bike and manual settings.

She told him about the different weight classes and what that meant, and how the cars had different handling and acceleration rates and the virtue of bikes. When she chose a course, she made the first one simple enough and grinned as she told him about the speed boost. And then they were off, and she was ahead of the pack in no time.

It was clear from the start that Zeke was about to basically get his ass kicked, though he was okay with it. He listened as Carla explained the dynamics of the game, nodding here and there to let her know he understood, and then she was choosing their course. He had gone with Bowser as his character, not being one above playing dirty, and let's face it, the King of the Koopa was the dirtiest player of all.

Soon the race was underway, and she was quickly pulling ahead. Zeke tried every trick in the book to catch up, but it just wasn't meant to be. When it seemed like he almost had her, she managed to get ahead once more, and all the dirty tricks in the world weren't going to win the race for him. And so it ended with Carla's victory, though he didn't seem to mind at all. Looking over to her with a smile, he just shrugged gently. "I'll bring the Xbox out here one day and we'll see how good you really are."

Giving her a smirk, he stood and stretched a bit, looking down at her for a moment. "So, guess we better start getting things ready. Roxxi should be back soon, and folks will be arriving a little after that." Walking back to his room, he got his shoes on before coming back out with his car keys in hand. "Wanna ride with me to the bottle shop, or are you gonna hang here?"

Carla had a blast as she dodged obstacles and was hit by several of the weapons from the question mark cubes. She laughed and battled with Zeke for a little while, but in the end, she claimed victory with a little "Whoop!" and fist pumping. She grinned as he turned to face her. At least he was a good sport. She smiled as he challenged her to the Xbox. "Well, it was just your first game. You did really well! Just gotta practice, that's all. And if you really wanna go on Xbox, you should know that I don't have much experience with that."

She watched him as he stretched and looked at her. "I guess so. What's there really to get ready? People are bringing their own drinks, and we're just buying for us... Oh, Roxxi said you ordered food in a text. Is that being delivered or do we have to go get it? If it's being delivered, I'll wait. If not, I'll go with you."

"Well, it's being delivered. I had it scheduled for about when the party would be starting, but I suppose I could call it in and have them go ahead and start on it so we can swing by and pick it up." Zeke moved to take a seat to give Carla time to go get some shoes on, and any other clothes that she felt the need to slip into, not that he was complaining for even a second about her current attire. Looking to her, he offered that trademark sweet smile of his as he rested his elbow on the arm of the chair, then his chin in the palm of his hand.

"Gives me an excuse to kidnap you for a little longer, after all."

Carla nodded at his plan and then slipped on some shoes, grabbing her purse on the way to the door. She chuckled as he told her he had an excuse to "kidnap" her. Standing up straight from her position re-tying a shoe, she laughed. "I was under the impression that kidnappers didn't need an excuse. They just take what they want and don't think anything of it."

She shrugged and watched him. "Ready to go?"

Back
Top Bottom