Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fall of Plaguestone (Lord_Red x ShadowPlay)

ShadowPlay

Star
Chapter One
Somewhere on the road to Almas

The caravan was travelling thoutheast from Elidir, the capital of Isger, to Almas, the capital of Andoran, on a road between the Apsodell Mountains and the Five Kings range. There were faster and easier routes south, but for those seeking to avoid Cheliax, this was the safest.
Bort Bargith was a dwarf trader from the Five Kings Mountains, welcome in many settlements for his fair prices and gregarious spirit, and he had been using this route for years.
The caravan was six covered wagons, four of which were laden with supplies, trade goods, and trinkets. Bort made his home in the lead wagon and the cabin built onto its back, while the final wagon were for passengers and the cook.

Two of passengers that occupied the wagon along the camp chef Cooky were the human Jennifer and the elf Minathina.

15f73ae6728abacb545ba340e177beaf.jpg

Minanthyra was an elf that had travelled from Kyonin through the lands. She had been on the road for several weeks now and it was a welcome relief for her sore feet to tracel by wagon. Mina was a freshly initiated member of the druidic storm order. She wore a light leather armor for protection and carried a spear at her side. She was average height by elven standards, but that made her tall in most human eyes. Her eyes were bright blue, like crackling lightning, and her hair was jet black.

She sat in the back of the wagon as it traversed the road. The caravan had left their last campsite a few hours ago and it was still before noon. Bort had claimed that they'd arrive at Etran's Folly later the same day.

The woman Jennifer sat next to her as they drove and Minathina was telling her about her homelands. "The forests are larger and denser than any place on Golarion. If you are not an elf you best stay on the roads or you will get lost. The mighty trees of the forest are some of the most beautiful trees in this world."

Jennifer is from the big city. She's used to some small creature comforts, but Gunder, being a big believer in function over form, tends to limit spending on anything that's just for comfort. She appears unarmed, but her body moves with the casual grace of someone who's a fighter. Compared to Mina's height, she stands quite small, a little shy of five feet, making her have to look up with her green eyes to look at the elf directly. She wears her red hair short, only a few inches.

"I'm a lot more used to cities," Jennifer admits. "But I'm tough! I can handle myself. Been doing that for basically my whole life."

Despite her bravado, she does spend a little time imagining the forest's beauty. "Are the trees just like the ones here, but bigger? Or is there something about them that's different, besides just the size?"

"In the Fierani Forest, there are trees just like the ones here. But there are also trees unlike anything seen outside Kyonin. The connections to the First Realm is quite strong in the forest and many good-hearted fey live there." Minathina didn't mention the darker truth about the forest. That some parts of it was infested by the evil minions of the demon Treerazer, their corruption of the forest was something that many elves worried about, but rarely spoke to outsiders about.

The caravan was rumbling along on the road as the two women talked. The chef, Cooky, was rummaging around in the kitchen area of the wagon. In the front of the Caravan was Bort, guiding the whole menagerie on their way.

The elf woman asked Jennifer. "So you are from a city. I would find it terribly crowded and stressful to be in such a place. How do you find calm and quiet? How do you relax?"

"Rooftops are generally a lot less crowded," Jennifer replies. "That and the smithy I work at. Sure, people come and go there, commissioning wares, picking things up, all that; but once you get used to the sounds of metalworking, it's surprisingly relaxing. Though... The people can be callous. I didn't have family, from a young age-or rather, after my mother passed, they abandoned me. So maybe a place full of good-hearted spirits and elves and whatnot would be nice," she continues. "Though who knows-maybe I'd be bored out of my mind. What kind of things do you do in your home? And why did you leave?"

I'm thinking Jennifer is actually quite inexperienced at anything sexual. She's masturbated plenty, and might've kissed a few people, but doesn't have any real experience boning down.
I'm sure she'll get some on the way. :p

"Up ahead is Plaguestone," Keldaran shouted from the front of the wagon. No sooner did the call fade from his lips than it was overshadowed by a series of long, mournful howls emanating from the woods to either side of the caravan. Moments later, cries of panic was heard as a pack of mangy wolves descended from the forest with teeth bared!

ddeb80570bc08f926a9919b949db28b5.jpg

Three of the wolves were approaching the Wagon where Jennifer and Minathina was sitting.

Roll for intiative

plaguestone_Wolf1.jpg
J -Jennifer
M - Minathyra
W1-3 - wolves

12 on my Perception to start the encounter.

"This doesn't look so good," Jennifer says as she springs to her feet. "We can't let them get to the horses, or we'll be stuck here."

She perches on the edge of her wagon, preparing to leap off and attack the wolves when they get close.

Mina seeing the wolves, knew that trouble was brewing. While she was a druid, she was of the storm order and had no objections to protecting her own life against dangerous animals. She prepared herself to engage the foes with her sharp mind and magic.

Wolves initiative: 15
Minathina initiative: 27

1 action: If she can move within 30' of two of the wolves she's going to do that
2 actions: Cast Electric Arc 2d4 (6) electricity damage. Save DC 17

If she doesn't need to move, she'll draw her spear.

Action One: Move to engage the wolves if they draw within one action of movement range.
Action Two: Enter Tiger Stance
Action Three: Flurry Of Blows, rolled in the Rolz room.

Dice
18 on the first attack, for 3 damage if it hits.
4 (Nat 1) on the second attack.

Last edited:
Round 1 summary

Mina was very alert and moved almost before the wolves appeared. She jumped from the wagon and approached the two wolves that came from the left.

With a voice that sounded almost too deep, she raised her hands and let electric sparks fly. The electricity flew from her to the two wolves. One of the wolves took full damage (wolf 2: 6 electricity) from the spell while the other took half damage (wolf 1: 3 electricity).

The wolves approached and two of them jumped onto the wagon where Jennifer and Minanthyra were standing. The last wolf tried to circle the wagon to approach them from the other side. The two wolves in the wagon tried to bite a woman each. But neither of the wolves manage to land their attack.

Not needing to move, Jennifer enters her dragon stance and then attacks the wolf that was wounded by the spell. She hits it and damages the animal (Wolf 1: 3 slashing damage).

2 actions: Cast Electric Arc again - hoping none of the wolves can make reaction attacks.
1 action: Draw her spear.

Last edited:
Jennifer, her moves sharp and fast like that of a tiger, moves with care towards the wolf that's nearing the horses. She's focusing on keeping the mounts safe, so that way they can keep moving and hopefully outspeed the wolves.

She jabs to the left, a feint, following up with a quick flurry on the right.

Action One: Step adjacent to Wolf 2.
Action Two: Feint Wolf 2.
Action Three: Flurry Of Blows.

Dice
Feint: 7
Attack One: 23
Attack Two: 21
Damage One: 8
Damage Two: 6

Round 2 summary

Mina cast another Electric Arc, and the electricity finished off two of the wolves. The third wolf jumped onto the wagon and tried to bite Mina twice. Only one of the bites connected and tore at the flesh of the elven druid (damage: 5 slashing).

Jennifer moved up to the wolf and attacked it with her flurry of blows and both attacks hit the wolf and it fell to the ground, dead.

End of combat

She looks around, making sure there are no other wolves around. Once satisfied the area is clear, Jennifer looks to the horses, and makes sure they weren't hurt too.

"Are the wolves usually this aggressive?" she asks.

Mina stretched. Her leg was aching after the bite from the wolf, however it wasn't bleeding. She'd have to see to the wound soon. But first her travelling companion had a question to ask.

"No, not as far as I'm aware." She knelt down and examinied the dead wolf.

DC 15
Rolled 26 (critical success)

"These wolves are ridden with fleas." Mina concluded. "They look malnourished and too thin for their own health. And they look like some sort of disease were coursing through their veins."

"Think it's something that can affect us too? Or just the animals?" Jennifer questions. "And... Shit, sorry-we should see to your leg before I ask anything else."

She steps a little closer, looking at the wound and seeing how bad it is.

"I don't know. But I don't think it's anything that will affect us." Mina said, less sure than she sounded. Then she looked at her leg, "I think I can take care of it with a few bandages." She said.

Just then the caravan leader Bort came around. "How are you doing here." He looked at the wolves, nodding an approval. "Looks like you can take care of yourselves. Thank you for helping making the caravan safe." He nodded towards the front of the caravan. "We have an issue with one of the wagons. It's gotten stuck in the muck after the attack." He seemed almost appologetic, "I would appreciate very much if you could help."

Nodding, Jennifer drops off the side of the wagon and walks for the stuck one. "No problem, bossman."

Minathina followed Jennifer to the stuck wagon.

It seemed like the horses, being scared by the surprise attack of the wolves, had tried to run, but instead pulled the wagon from the path into the mud and mire on the side of the road. The wagon seemed pretty stuck. The teamsters had calmed the horses by now and removed them from the wagon. However there was a heavy discussion on what way to best get the wagon out of the mud.

Bort looked at the two women. "Any suggestions would be welcome." He said.

"Can the horses be re-hitched and drag it out?" Jennifer asks. "Because this is a little outside my normal wheelhouse."

I've got 14 Strength and no relevant trainings.
I suppose I could try a basic Strength check, but I figure the horses are better at that than I am.

"No the horses are barely holding togehter right now. The wolves gave them quite a scare." Said Bort. "Perhaps if we try to push it out of the mud. But neither of you girls look like you could be of much help." He said with a certain amount of disdain. He sighed, "But if nothing better comes up then I suppose that's what we'll have to do."

Jennifer resists the temptation to roll her eyes. "We took care of the wolves that were attacking the rearmost wagon. We're skilled-just not so much in the raw muscle department. Mina, are you good with animals? Maybe you can get the horses to calm down a bit faster."

I would Aid this check... But at DC 20, I'm more likely than not to make it worse!

Am I right in assuming calming horses is under Nature?

Mina nodded and approached the horses. She put a hand on one of the horses' head and whispered into it's ear.

The horses seemed to calm down a lot and Mina smiled at the rest of the travelling party. "I've convinced them that the wolves are gone and that they should help us get the wagon free." She said. "But please be gentle with them. They've had a rough day."

The teamsters began putting the tack on the horses and soon the strong animals were pulling the wagon free from the mud.

Bort was quite please with the situation. "You lasses are really something. I will buy the best meal for you in the next town." He said with a hearty laugh.

d20+4 = 16 : Animal Empathy - Diplomacy

The temptation to roll her eyes returns-but she's making an effort to not alienate people. "Anything else need to be done before the wagons can start up again? And, if there wasn't one already, there should be watchfolk on each one."

Bort nodded at Jennifer's suggestion. "That's a good idea. I will see to it. The wildlife here seems more agitated than usual." He smiled at the two women. "If you get back to your wagon then we can proceed with the journey."

Back in the last wagon, Mina sat down with a sigh. "I need to take care of this injury." She said as she found her healers kit. She removed her tight leather pants and looked that the injury. Then she began to dress the wound. Her efforts, while skillful, wasn't good enough to heal her.

As Mina was working with her wound, the wagons started moving again.

d20+7 = 13 Medicine Treat Wounds (DC 15)
Immune to further attempts for 1 hour

Jennifer looks the other way as Mina takes her pants off. "Are... Um, are your folk less concerned about nudity?"

She fidgets a bit awkwardly, trying to avoid looking at the half-dressed elf.

Mina looked at the woman. "I'm so sorry. I have been away from other people for quite some time. I tend to forget that I'm not alone." But even though she apologized, she didn't stop undressing. "That's the thing about being a druid. We don't mingle much with civilized people."

The wagon train was continuing onwards and the sun was slowly approaching the horizon. Mina put her healers tools away, having not really healed anything and asked Jennifer, "You mean to tell men that you've never seen a naked elf before?"

Back
Top Bottom