Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Batgirl Begins (dbspock/WendyTheRed)

"You what?!" Chloe's eyes shot open as she stared at Babs with her mouth dropped open a bit. It wasn't that she thought Babs was lying...it was just a far cry from what Chloe had expected to hear. She held her hand up to give Babs the opportunity to high five her in the red head wanted. Choe also let out a sigh of relief when Babs revealed she hadn't been raped, even if neither of them used the dreadful word aloud Chloe was sure they both knew what she was talking about.

When Babs accepted her offer of clothes, Chloe's eyes lit up at the permission to help what she considered a new friend. "You got it. And yeah, I wasn't going to say anything, but those sweats are way overdue for laundry day." Chloe turned and glared at Jim pointedly for a few moments, and the captain shrugged and looked away guiltily, aware he was busted for not bringing his dirty laundry home as requested.

Chloe giggled when she heard Babs stomach growl. "Called that one." She said softly, then reached out and grabbed Babs hand. "Come on. We can talk about food while you raid my closet. Any allergies? Favorite toppings?"

She saw Chloes reaction and was proud of how brave she appeared, more than happy to return the high five. She nodded in agreement with Chloes assessment of the clothes. "Yeah but it was better than holding my backpack in front of me to try to cover myself believe me. I probably flashed half of Gotham today!"

She accepted Chloes hand and grinned. "Well I used to get like pepperoni and grilled onion but I'm not picky at all. Except anchovies...just no." She made a face but then she paused and looked at Jim. "Uhh dad is it ok? We could bring the pizza back and eat with you if you want."

Chloe's smile brightened when Babs returned the high five. Yes, it seemed she and the red head would get along well. Chloe's face first paled then turned red with embarrassment as Babs described her predicament. "I think I might have read about that online today." She said softly. There had been a few posts online about a red head running naked around downtown Gotham.

Chloe's expression turned back into a smile as Babs took her hand. "Pepperoni it is." Chloe declared, not being a fan of onions and who on earth liked anchovies anyway. "You a fan of sausage?" She asked before she turned red again at the implication of what she had just said in the context of Babs experience earlier. She then looked between the two. "We shouldn't be gone that long. I can have the pizza delivered to your house, and we'll probably be there before it is." Chloe speculated, and Jim nodded in agreement, pleased Chloe and Babs seemed to be hitting it off. "What would you like to drink?" Chloe asked as she tugged Babs hand gently and they began to cross the driveway to Chloe's house, which looked basically the same as Jim's, except this one did have a small flower garden out front.

Barbara blinked and turned a deeper shade of red than her hair when Chloe said that she had read about her being naked online. That hadn't even occurred to her but of course someone would have seen it. A terrible thought occurred to her. "Was it just like people talking? No videos or anything right?"

She noticed Chloe's reaction to the word sausage and for a moment her brow furrowed in confusion before she realized where the other girls mind had gone. She blushed slightly as well but giggled and managed to get out. "I do like sausage when I can get it." She nodded along as Chloe and her dad made arrangements and chimed in. "A Coke would be fine or even just some ice water or lemonade. I'm actually really thirsty and would drink anything right now." She waved at her dad as she happily followed the other girl to her house

"No...a couple guys said they tried, but you...they...were gone by the time they circled the block." Chloe assured her. Babs was already blushing so bad from the reminder of how much of Gotham had seen her naked that it was hard for Chloe to tell if she picked up on her unintended innuendo. Even her reply was a little vague, and Chloe couldn't help playing along. "I'll make sure we order some." She said with a giggle, then nodded at Babs drink order. "There's Coke in your dad's fridge, and I can make us some lemonade." She declared. "Ice water is not a problem, of course."

Chloe opened the door to her home and led Babs inside. The living room furniture looked old, but serviceable, and the same could be said for the TV. There were several pictures on the wall, including a few with Chloe with an older couple, though they were clearly taken a few years ago. There was even one of Chloe in a Star Trek uniform. Chloe, or course, had seen the room many, many times and didn't pause to look around as she led Chloe to a door off the main room, though she hesitated a bit before she opened it.

"My rooms a bit of a mess." She apologized. "I wasn't expecting company."

She relaxed at Chloe's reply, her worst fears not coming true. She nodded, grateful for the reassurance even as she pictured Harvey or her dad scaring the hell out of those boys. Actually, filming her would have gotten them in trouble regardless and the thought made her smirk. She nodded at Chloe's reply about the sausage and said in an innocent tone. "So sausage can come right to your door in Gotham? Neat." She laughed as Chloe laid out all of the various options for drinks and reassured her. "I don't need like...all of the drinks. I'm thirsty but not that thirst, whatever you two are having will be fine." She noticed how familiar Chloe seemed with her dad's house and thought about it as she was led inside the other girl's house.

She didn't fail to notice the photos of Chloe with the older couple. She wondered if they were her grandparents. She also couldn't help notice that they were all a few years old and her eyes darted around the house, trying to see if she could spot any evidence that the older couple were around. Or if, as she suspected, Chloe was alone perhaps. But if she was, how was she staying in this house? Is that why she helped her dad? Was she living on her own all alone? How?

She looked at Chloe as they went to the door and the other girl apologized for the state of her room. "Well, as long as you don't mind me and my stinky dad's clothes in there I won't complain about your room. I mean...the clothes are stinky. My dad isn't..." She laughed at her little joke before continuing. "Do you think you have anything I could borrow that's as cute as what you have on right now? And maybe something to sleep in?"

"Yup. It's an option on the delivery app." Chloe said innocently, though there was a sparkle in her eye as she played along with the joke. She then nodded with a grin at Babs modified drink order. "Well, I'm a Root Beer girl, but your Dad will have a Coke, so like father, like daughter." Chloe declared as they walked through the living room, not noticing how Bab's eyes seemed to dart about the room in search of clues. Clues that were not in evidence as there was no sign of anyone else living here. But Chloe didn't comment on that and just laughed as Babs apologized for her state of dress.

"Not at all." Chloe promised, ten giggled again. "Well, there are times..." She claimed in regards to Jim being stinky, but she didn't elaborate as she opened the door of the bedroom.

As promised, the room wasn't tidy, though it wasn't dirty either. There was no dirt on the floor, or moldy dishes on the bed, just clothes scattered on the floor mainly, along with an unmade bed. Clothes which Chloe kicked aside as she made her way to the closet. She blushed a bit as Babs called her outfit cute. "Ummm...sure." Chloe said with a shrug. She hesitated a moment, then blurted it out. "I'm a 33-26-34...5'5". Does that sound close to yours?" Chloe asked, not wanting to give Babs clothes that were either too big or too small if she could help it. She took a pair of sweatshirts off their hangars and went to lay them on the bed, throwing the covers (that had a Star Trek insignia prominent on them) back over in some semblance of making the bed before she laid the sweatshirts (one with a Star Trek and the other with a Batman logo) down.

It wasn't the only indication that Chloe was a Batman fan. One wall of her room had a bulletin board that was covered with various news clippings about the mysterious vigilante.

The lack of evidence gave Barbara the clues she needed. She looked thoughtfully at the other girl but decided not to ask when she remembered her dad's pause earlier when discussing Chloe.

"I love root beer! I think I've just changed my mind on my drink." She arched an eyebrow as Chloe commented about her dad sometimes being stinky but she decided it was just a silly playful comment and let it go.

She smiled as the other girl gave her measurements. "I have a couple of inches on you up top and in height but we can make it work we just won't be sharing bras I guess."

Barbara smiled when she saw the Star Trek covers and casually asked. "Kirk, Picard or Pike?" She paused to give the girl the chance to weigh in while she studied the bulletin board, taking in all the clippings. Finally she turned and grabbed the Batman shirt holding it in front of her and smoothing it down to get an idea of how it would fit, playfully striking a heroic pose while holding it against herself. "Well? What do you think? And do you have a t-shirt or tank top or something? If I wear this outside I'll get sweaty..."

Chloe had no idea her environment was being studied so she made no comment on it herself. She did, however, squeal a bit with excitement and give Babs a quick hug when she mentioned their shared love of root beer. "A girl after my own heart." She said with a smile, then nodded when Babs revealed her own modifications to her measurements. "Oh...can I be there when the Captain buys you a bra? Please?" Chloe asked, then plopped down on the bed as she dissolved into peals of laughter.

"Of those three? I'd probably have to go with Picard. Kirk needed Spock and Bones to be successful." Chloe declared as she watched Babs study her Batman board, then she applauded when Babs picked up the Batman shirt and posed with it. "You strike fear into the hearts of criminals." She declared, then nodded at Babs next request. This time she went to a drawer and dug through it. She held up a tank top thoughtfully. The neck was pretty low cut even on her, and if Babs was telling the truth about her bust size, it wouldn't hide much. "The Captain would probably have a heart attack if you wore this." Chloe declared, then dug into her drawer a bit deeper and produced a shirt with a Superman logo on it and presented it to Babs.

She laughed at the request to go shopping. " I don't mind though dad might never recover."

She nodded at her explanation for which Captain and smirked as she continued to pose with the Batman shirt. "Trick question. The correct answer is Spock. Unless we're talking about who is the best Captain and not who..." she trails off and shrugs but breaks out into a grin at the comment about striking fear into criminals. "Someone has too..."

Barbara grabbed the t-shirt and tanktop, looking embarassed. "He might. If I'm honest I'm not sure about my chest measurements. Last year I was right between a 32 and a 34 but this spring I got a visit from the boob fairy. I hadn't had a chance to get new bras yet before I came here. The one I wore to Gotham was a 34 and it was a little tight but I could still wear it..." she held the tank top, shirt and sweatshirt up giving Chloe a questioning look. "Which one should I change into you think? And what do you have for bottoms?"

"That's the best part." Chloe said with another diabolical laugh at the prospect of bra shopping with the Captain.

Chloe stuck her tongue out as Babs revealed her trick question. "That wasn't one of the options." She protested, then picked up a stuffed octopus from the bed and threw it at Babs.

Chloe nodded as the conversation turned to Bab's boobs. "I could help you measure, if you like?" The girl offered. "Though Marcie down at the mall might do a better job. She helped measure me for my bra after I needed one...though not as badly as you." She couldn't resist teasing Babs a bit, but the teasing had its limits as she selected the T-shirt. "It's the Captain's first day with you. Maybe we should ease him into it a bit." Chloe determined, then her teasing nature reasserted itself as she dived into another drawer and came out with a pair of bikini bottoms. "Here you go." She said as she presented the piece of fabric to Babs.

Barbara dodged the octopus and decided to tease the other girl. "Oh! A stuffed animal for my new bed! Thank you!"

She accepted the shirt with a nod. "Well I think he's already scarred, all I had covering me was my backpack and my arms when he saw me today for the first time in over ten years." She sling the t-shirt over her arm and looked thoughtfully at the bulletin board while Chloe rummaged in her drawer. "If you want to measure me I don't mind maybe we'll discover one of your bras wil fit after all."

She blinked as Chloe gave her the bikini bottoms and then decided to take it as a challenge. "Alrigjt where should I change?"

"Your welcome." Chloe was glad she hadn't thrown the dinosaur...the gift from her grandpa meant more to her than the octopus she had won at the fair, so if Babs really wanted to keep the animal to decorate her new room, she was welcome to it.

Chloe blushed when Babs revealed she had been buck naked at the encounter with the Captain earlier. "Oh man...THAT must have been awkward. For both of you." She couldn't imagine the captain seeing her in her underwear, much less naked, and she wasn't even related to him. That made it even more surprising when Babs accepted the bikini bottoms to wear.

Chloe raised her eyebrow skeptically when Babs suggested one of her bras might fit. Not if Babs was as big as she claimed...it was hard to tell with the sweatshirt she had on. She then shrugged when asked where to change. "Well, if you want me to try and measure you, no reason not to change here." Chloe pointed out.

She felt a little guilty about teasing Chloe about the octopus and let her off the hook. "You're already giving me so much. I won't take uh..." she looks at the octopus again "Inky?"

She nods, thinking back. " Yeah I was in Harvey's car and he came running out and hugged me. I don't think he even noticed until I told him I needed something to wear. After that he ran off and came back with these in record time."

Barbara considered Chloes logic and nodded even as the idea made her flush slightly. She turned around and pulled the sweatshirt over her head, dropping it nearby. She paused to straighten her glasses and run her fingers through her hair then reaches for the t-shirt and pauses. "I guess that needs to wait until you measure me..."

That decided she unties the sweat pants and slides them down, bending over long enough to tug them off of her feet. That done she pulls the bikini bottoms on, wiggling her butt to get them over her hips.

Chloe had never thought to name her stuffed animal, and she grinned when her new friend did so. "Inky needs to go keep an eye on you until you get settled." Chloe declared, then frowned. "Speaking of which...have you figured out where you are going to sleep yet?" Captain had no spare beds, Chloe knew, and she doubted the two wanted to share a bed together.

"He hugged you? Naked?' Chloe tried to feel sorry for her friend, but she couldn't help but giggle a little at the mental image.

Chloe sees Babs go red a bit at the suggestion she change in the same room, but Babs doesn't back away from the idea. Chloe watches her new friend peel off her shirt, then frowns. "Did you know you have lipstick on your back?" She asked, then took a closer look at Babs hair. "And maybe you should shower before you get dressed again." Chloe suggested. "I have combs and stuff you can borrow." Chloe began to turn to get a measuring tape, but froze as Babs dropped her pants. She didn't more again until Babs got done wriggling her hips, securing the bikini bottoms in place.

"Um..." Chloe began as she got the cloth tape measure, then began to wrap it around Babs torso. "Now don't try holding your breathe. Your not here to impress anybody." Chloe admonished her with a laugh.

She smiled as the girl offered her the octopus and she finds herself touched by the gesture. "Thank you." She blinked at the othe girl's question and thought about the layout of this house which seemed similar to her dad's. "No. I haven't even seen his house yet. If it's like yours I guess I'm going to be asking him for a pillow and blanket and claiming the couch or making a pallet in the floor."

She snorts and nods in reply to the hugging question. "Yeah i thought his head might explode when he realized it."

Barbara flushed at the mention of the lipstick and sighed. "The one I punched? He wrote on me with my own lipstick. I didn't notice the writing on my back but on my belly he wrote uhh...s...l...u... but I escaped before he finished. A shower would be heavenly. I hate all this on me..."

She stood still while Chloe slid the tape around her torso and tried to just breath normally. She waited for the other girl's verdict, a little curious, flushing slightly as she realized her nipples had hardened slightly while the measuring tape had slid over them.

Last edited:
"Yeah...we'll need to do something about that. But we can do better than the couch, I think. I have an air mattress you can borrow, and for tonight maybe you can camp out int he living room." Chloe speculated. She had a few ideas for how Cap's house might work long term, but it wasn't her place to get involved. She grinned widely when Babs thanked for the loan of the newly dubbed Inky.

Chloe snorted as well at the image of Jim hugging, well, anyone, but especially his naked daughter. "I'm sure."

Her mirth faded a bit when Babs started talking about her attack again. It wasn't hard to guess what word had been going to be written on Babs front, and Chloe didn't see the need to say what had been written on her back. "There's a bathroom right next door." Chloe told her. "Feel free to use whatever you want. There's tampons under the sink, just in case...well, you know." Babs did mention all her stuff had been stolen, and Chloe wasn't sure if that was a need or not, but she mentioned it anyway, just in case.

It took Chloe a few seconds to read the tape measure, as she didn't want to make a mistake, and if she noticed Babs hardened nipples she was polite enough not to mention it. "I'm reading just over 35." Chloe finally confirmed, admiration clear in her voice. "Somebody had a growth spurt."

Barbara was pleased when Chloe finished measuring her and turned to look at the other girl over her shoulder. "Thank you Chloe. For, well, everything. I'm going to take you up on your offer of a shower real fast. Uhhh...if you don't mind maybe we should find a few more bottoms for me and stuff after I'm done? Or if you want to pick them out for me, I don't mind. " She impulsively hugged the other girl with one arm then, grabbing the t-shirt they'd discussed she hurried off to find the bathroom Chloe had mentioned.

Once she found it, she turned on the shower and quickly stripped out of the borrowed bikini bottoms. She laid them and the t-shirt on the counter and then stepped into the bathroom. Dousing her hair in shampoo she set to work getting rid of the toothpaste, thinking about what all had happened and deciding meeting Chloe needed to go into the good column of events since her first day in Gotham had started along with reuniting with her dad and meeting Harvey Bullock.

"Sure thing." Chloe said with a nod at Babs thanks. The hug from the near nude red head took the blonde a bit by surprise, but Chloe returned it after a moment. "I'll pack a little case for you." Chloe promised as her new friend vanished into the bathroom,

Chloe heard the water turn on, and satisfied her new friend had that well in hand, she went to grab a suitcase from the hall closet before suddenly remembering they had never ordered the pizza. Chloe rectified that oversight immediately, using her phone to place the online order, and charging it to Jim's credit card. She then went into her bedroom and grabbed a half dozen T-shirts, a couple pairs of pants, another pair of sweatpants, two dresses, socks, panties, and even a sports bra that she hoped might fit. She then grabbed the air mattress and pump to add to the pile, and placed Inky right on top before she took a seat on the couch and stared at the pile, trying to think of anything else Barbara might need.

After she shampooed her hair twice Barbara was finally satisfied that the toothpaste was out of it. She then worked on washing herself off, taking great care to get rid of any remaining toothpaste on her cleavage and the partially written word on her front. She spun, trying almost comically to see the writing on her back then let out a frustrated sigh. She opened the curtain and called out to her new friend.

"Chloe? Where is the writing on my back? I can't see it? Do you have something I can use to reach it and wash it off?" She blushed before continuing. "Or if not, could I ask you to help wash it off?"

Chloe hopped up off the couch and entered the bathroom when she heard Babs call her name. She frowned for a moment at the request, not quite sure how to wash the stubborn marks off her friends back. It wasn't a problem she'd ever dealt with before, and no immediate solution presented itself beyond the one Babs offered. "I can get that for you." She said with a quick shrug before she bent over and grabbed a washcloth from the drawer. She went to the sink and ran a bit of hot water over it before she turned to help her friend. She tried not to stare too hard...it wasn't like she hadn't seen Babs naked before...but still, she couldn't help but notice how good a shape she was in. She could easily feel the toned muscles on the girls back as she began to scrub the writing off, though she decided to make no mention of it and add to the potentially awkward situation. "Almost got it." She said instead.

Barbara jumped slightly when Chloe came in. For whatever reason she'd thought the other girl would just call through the door. She laughed quietly at herself and nodded at Chloe's offer to get it. "Thank you. I don't know what it says but..." She shrugs. "I don't want it there. You know? Even if it just said 'have a nice day' I didn't want it written on me. And with my own lipstick!" She huffed quietly and turned, gathering her hair and draping it forward over her shoulder to get it out of Chloe's way.

"At least it's just lipstick and not sharpie or something. That'd make it ten times worse..." Barbara babbled a little, the situation awkward for her as well. "Chloe? Thank you. You've been so nice to me and you've only known me for a few minutes." Barbara felt her eyes misting up slightly as she was briefly overwhelmed by the other girl's kindness. "I'll uhh...get you your things back once dad gets me new clothes." She sighs. "When I got on a bus to Gotham, I didn't even think about what trouble I'd cause him and things like how much money it'd cost him to take care of me. I just wanted to get away from..." She stops abruptly. "Well, anyway, I already feel like I have stuff to make up to him and now you too. And I will. I promise." Her voice filled with the resolve that Batgirl would someday be known for.

Chloe hadn’t even thought of just calling through the door. How could she help Babs that way? So she didn’t know she’d surprised Babs, and didn’t notice her little jump.

“I can’t read it either. “Chloe claimed, and it was true enough, now that the shower had blurred some of the letters. “And yeah, I get it. I wouldn’t want writing on me either. Unless some cute guy wrote his number on my hand. “ Chloe giggled a bit as she scrubbed Babs back, but thankfully the lipstick wasn’t too hard to wipe off, unlike a sharpie might have been.

“Just as well you didn’t have one of those. “ Chloe agreed, partially so the silence wouldn’t become uncomfortable. She did pause for a moment in her scrubbing as she heard Babs thanks. “Glad I could help. “ Chloe said softly. “Your Dad has been very good to me, and this feels like I’m paying him back a bit, you know?”

“No rush. “ Chloe hastened to assure her. She wouldn’t miss the extra clothes for a while, and Babs REALLY needed them. She shook her head at Babs next statement. “You’re his daughter. He’s supposed to take care of you. I’m sure he’s not looking for payback. “ Chloe said firmly, then stepped back a bit and surveyed Babs back…and ass.

“All better. “ she finally declared, though she didn’t leave the bathroom yet, internally using the excuse she needed to see if Babs needed anything else.

Barbara smiled as Chloe agreed with her and she couldn't help her own giggle at the mention of some boy writing a number on her hand. "I think you've watched too many romantic comedies..." She lightly teased the other girl. "But I bet it'll happen someday Chloe. You're too cute for some boy not to want to give his number to." She nodded her understanding when Chloe mentioned how good her dad had been to her. She had definitely sensed that Chloe was sort of a pet project of her dad's. "I think you've probably helped him to you know? I have only been in town for a few hours but I kind of feel like maybe my dad just has his job and is a little lonely. Maybe I'm overthinking things..." She shrugged self consciously.

She noticed that Chloe hadn't left the bathroom yet but didn't think a lot of it. She sort of figured the girl was enjoying their talk and truth be told, Barbara was too. She picked up the wash cloth and lifted one long leg to rest on the side of the shower as she soaped it down. She was deep enough in thought she didn't even think about the fact that Chloe could still see her. "Chloe? If you wanted, maybe I could ask dad if you could stay over tonight. You're literally my only friend in Gotham and it's been nice to have someone to talk to. I won't lie, I have an ulterior motive. I figure once he goes to bed I can ask you about dad? I haven't seen him in a long time and I want to know what's been going on in his life. I know you probably don't know everything but you know more than I do." She thought back to some of the expressions she had read on Chloe's face. "And...I promise. I won't mess up your friendship with him or get him to take over the stuff you do for him for an allowance or something. I'm hoping to get an internship at Waynetech so I'll be too busy anyway. And you know what? I don't think my dad would want that anyway. I think he likes having your help. It probably makes him feel like...he has a friend too." She had almost said 'makes him feel like he is helping someone' but she was afraid that would embarrass Chloe so she changed at the last moment after a brief awkward pause.

"Firs time I've ever been accused of that." Chloe responded, laughing along with Babs joke. "And I'm not sure I could go out with someone not technically savvy enough to text. She opened her mouth to say that of course she helped the Captain...that's what he paid her for...but then Babs went off in a different direction and Chloe shut her mouth with a blush. A blush that only deepened when Babs began to wash her leg...and it was a very nice leg. Was she a dancer or something? It would certainly explain the toned muscles.

Chloe smiled broadly when Babs invited her to a sleepover. She hadn't been to one of those in years, and it confirmed her suspicion that she and Babs were really hitting it off. There was only one issue...there was only one air mattress, and Chloe didn't favor sleeping on the floor. "I'm about the only person you've met in Gotham." Chloe pointed out with a chuckle. "But why don't you stay over here? That way we don't have to fight over the air mattress." Chloe frowned for a moment when Babs said she had an ulterior motive, then relaxed when Babs said what it was. Normally, Chloe didn't like talking about people behind their backs, but Babs situation was unique, and it wasn't like Jim had ever told her anything in confidence, so she wouldn't be betraying any confidences. "Sure...I'll tell you anything you want to know...starting with the fact NEVER put mushrooms on his pizza."

She blinked a bit at the rest of Babs words. Friendship? She'd never really thought of her relationship with the captain that way, but she supposed it could fit. She couldn't help but shake her head at Babs lofty goal of an internship with Wayne Enterprises. "Good luck with that. I've been sending them applications for over a year, and so far just got a 'thank you for your interest' form letter." It wasn't hard to guess how Babs had initially intended to end that sentence, and Chloe wouldn't have objected. Jim had helped her a lot, and she did think the man liked to be needed, and she did her best to help him out as well. It was a good combination, and Chloe was grateful Babs didn't want to mess it up.

Back
Top Bottom